Wishes from Poly beach

grimley1968 said:
Excuse me? I WAS a paying Poly guest/resident/whatever you want to call them when I pulled pool chairs over to the beach area, then I pulled them back when the show was over. You need to assume a little bit less. I haven't seen a single person even say they were not staying at the Poly on this thread. I paid as much for that chair as you did, thank you, and if I want to move it 20 feet over to see Wishes better, I will, and I'll bring it back.

That time of night, absolutely no one was sitting at the pool tables using them, so moving a couple of chairs for 15 minutes wasn't hurting anyone, especially since I brought them back. I would certainly not have taken chairs from tables anyone was sitting at.

In fact, after the show every night, we saw 2 or 3 Poly CM's moving chairs from the beach back over to the pool that other guests were not kind enough to bring back themselves. It's obviously something the Poly does not look down on, and we saw many, many non-Poly guests leaving the resort after Wishes, who had either stood or sat in chairs. It didn't bother me. Watching Wishes from the Poly is just another way the resort encourages visiting to entice non-Poly guests to book there later. So not only am I encouraging watching Wishes from the Poly beach, the Poly does it itself! Watching Wishes from the beach and even using a chair for a few minutes is hardly the same as pool hopping.

Oh geeze, yourself.

I'm glad you were a poly guest so you had every right to take your chair over to the beach. I just don't understand when people tell non poly guests to head on over to the poly to enjoy fireworks. FWIW another diser called the poly this morning and was told the beaches of the poly are only for guests staying at the poly. This was on the electrical water pageant thread.

grimley1968 said:
Those scandalous waiters! How dare they! :rotfl2: I bet those 3 or 4 paying Poly residents already on the beach were :furious: about it. But then it is only my assumption that they were paying Poly residents. ;) They were probably just more of those non-paying ingrate guests just using up all that beach space that I paid for in 2001 and 2005 when I stayed there. Do I get a royalty for the use of my beach? :rolleyes:

:stir:

:rotfl2: I was thinking I should head over to cafepress and make us all matching shirts that say. "Yes, we ARE paying guests of the Poly." to wear on the beach and as a cover-up at the pool. :lmao:

Lol...The beaches at the Poly are not just for the people staying at the poly...If someone is visiting the rsort they are free to look around and that includes the beach :teeth:
They are not free to pool hop...but thats an entirely different story to exploring the beach.

Anyway poly rules why have you posted?? Just to stir things up? :stir:

I don't care if ONE person on another thread says that they were told alledgedly :smooth: That the poly beach is oput of bounds.
They are either lying....or they were misinformed. :banana:
Why should it bother you anyway??

Actually, I just read much of that "other thread" about EWP (and about 900 other topics as well), and there has been some clarification to the post about calling the resort. When you call that CRO number, you're not actually talking to someone at the resort. Rather, you're talking to someone in a call center, and I know for a fact that CRO's call centers are spread far and wide from WDW.

Tikiman pretty much answered the OP in that thread, and frankly, in this thread, too with an explanation of current WDW policy regarding use of the Poly beach. It used to be off-limits for non-paying guests at one time, but is not that way now. There are exceptions to the open-beach policy, such as around major holidays, but for most days of the year it is an open beach. And I know the Poly indeed encourages offsite guests to tour the grounds, including the beach but not including swimming in the pool, from personal experience both as a paying Poly guest and as a non-paying Poly guest when I've stayed at WL or BC.

Tinker74 said:
Anyway poly rules why have you posted?? Just to stir things up? :stir:

I guess I post for the same reasons you do. To find out info and voice my opinions and thoughts on dis topics. :)

Happy day to you! :thumbsup2 :wave:

grimley1968 said:
Actually, I just read much of that "other thread" about EWP (and about 900 other topics as well), and there has been some clarification to the post about calling the resort. When you call that CRO number, you're not actually talking to someone at the resort. Rather, you're talking to someone in a call center, and I know for a fact that CRO's call centers are spread far and wide from WDW.

Tikiman pretty much answered the OP in that thread, and frankly, in this thread, too with an explanation of current WDW policy regarding use of the Poly beach. It used to be off-limits for non-paying guests at one time, but is not that way now. There are exceptions to the open-beach policy, such as around major holidays, but for most days of the year it is an open beach. And I know the Poly indeed encourages offsite guests to tour the grounds, including the beach but not including swimming in the pool, from personal experience both as a paying Poly guest and as a non-paying Poly guest when I've stayed at WL or BC.

Bravo...well said. If anyone disagrees with this policy...then tough!! :teeth:

Personally I think its selfish that people want to keep the poly beach to themselves...I can understand the pool hopping being a problem ...but What do they own the sand too :rolleyes:

I myself am staying at the WL and it doesn't bother me in the slighteset...if people want to come and explore the resort whilst Iam staying their. :wizard:

I don't understand the mindset of some?? :sad2: Its supposed to be a magical happy place...whats the point in being grumpy about visitors to your resort.....unless they are pool hopping.. :teeth:

I thought about watching it from the beach...but now I'm not so certain;what's the big deal if non-paying WDW patrons want to see it from the beach? Big deal...i'm on vacation I could care less...I'm glad I'm staying LVC;I'll just watch it from my room/balcony. Angel

My fiance proposed to me on the poly's beach during wished this past December. The beach wasn't too crowded. There wasn't any music playing that night; at least not where we were (between the beach and Sunset Point).

JustEngagedNicole said:
My fiance proposed to me on the poly's beach during wished this past December. The beach wasn't too crowded. There wasn't any music playing that night; at least not where we were (between the beach and Sunset Point).

How romantic! :cloud9: .... :lovestruc

Gee, I didn't mean to create such a fuss over asking if we could see the fireworks from the beach. If you must know we are not staying at the Poly. We will be "slumming" it at POR, but I thought it would be fun to see the fireworks from a different vantatge. We do plan to go into MK, just not that night. We don't even need chairs. I know enough not to go close to the pool.

lisamomof3-I'm sure the POLY staff doesn't mind people coming over to the beach to watch the fireworks. Don't let the self proclaimed poly-beach police bother you and your family. Have a great trip and a great time watching the fireworks from the POLY beach they are much nicer to watch from that vantage point than MK,anyway-IMHO. Angel

We always stayed at the GF and the CMs there would put chairs down by the marina for people to view Wishes. The music was piped in but it was soft. People over at the GF don't seem to get so crazy about non-GF guest watching Wishes or the EWP from there. I certainly never thought about or cared who was staying at the GF and who wasn't. Its completely different than pool hopping. Oh yeah, get yourself a Mickey bar at Gasparillas and enjoy the show.

Again...the beach is not off limits to those non-Polynesian folks. Anyone can go there and watch whatever they want to watch. There is no signage there anymore that prohibits those people from watching...yes, there used to be but not anymore. Go, enjoy the fireworks/EWP. There are seldom many people there..Polynesian guests and non-guests. There was never any music that I could hear when we were there, but then again, they were doing construction on Hawaii at the time and there was a big ole wall up between the pool and the beach.

There was music when we were there in August. We stayed at CSR, but we rode the boat from MK to the Poly and watched the fireworks and light parade. Then we grabbed a snack at the little Poly cafe. It was a nice relaxing evening.

Aren't we all going for the Magic of Disney. What does it matter where you watch the fireworks. As long as you have the magic, it doesn't matter. I really don't think that the little girl going "ooo and ahhh" cares. Do you know where she is staying??? Probably not. Does it matter that she is smiling? Yes, because it is magical, chances are, you are smiling too. I am a poly veteran, but I don't care if you stay somewhere else. If you want to watch the fireworks from the Poly, then do it. Enjoy the magic of Disney, it's just not the parks but all their resorts.
We all spend our hard earned money at Disney, but we do it for the Magic. I think we need to keep that in mind.
Aren't we all there for the same reason??

quartz7 said:
Aren't we all going for the Magic of Disney. What does it matter where you watch the fireworks. As long as you have the magic, it doesn't matter. I really don't think that the little girl going "ooo and ahhh" cares. Do you know where she is staying??? Probably not. Does it matter that she is smiling? Yes, because it is magical, chances are, you are smiling too. I am a poly veteran, but I don't care if you stay somewhere else. If you want to watch the fireworks from the Poly, then do it. Enjoy the magic of Disney, it's just not the parks but all their resorts.
We all spend our hard earned money at Disney, but we do it for the Magic. I think we need to keep that in mind.
Aren't we all there for the same reason??

I totally agree with you. When we stayed at the GF I never cared if the people watching Wishes with us at the GF marina were staying there or just visiting. The magic doesn't wear off if someone from another resort is watching the fireworks with us. Hope everyone has a magical trip.

We usually stay at Shades of Green and walk across the street to watch the fireworks from the beach of the Poly. We just did this in March. No music, but we had a great time watching the water parade and having a Mickey ice cream. Wasn't crowded at all, actually, the beach was quite empty and quiet. My kids loved playing in the sand waiting for the fireworks.

Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter