Wishes from new fantasyland?

williamscm3

DIS Veteran
How good is the viewing from that side of the park? I would prefer to watch wishes from the main street side but I thought I read somewhere that they block of areas for safety reasons before the show starts. I have a BOG reservation I just managed to snag for 7:15 on a night wishes starts at 9, and I was wondering if I would get stuck behind the castle after a certain time? Hope this isn't a dumb question! Thanks!

They block the access to the 2 paths beside the castle but you can see get to Main Street using the 2 pathways that leave from Fantasyland and Tomorrowland.

I would recommend heading over to the storybook circus area after BOG. We were there on Friday when the fireworks were starting and I didn't think the view was too bad. It obviously isn't as good as being in front of the castle, but probably your best option.

I'm seriously thinking about dropping the reservation and eating at Tony's! I know some may say that is crazy but it will be our first night in the park and I really want to see wishes well...

Are they piping in Wishes back there now? We pretty much always watch from Fantasyland (where Dumbo used to be,) but a few months ago we wanted to watch from Storybook Circus one night. Wishes started - but no soundtrack! We hoofed it back up to our normal area, but found that pretty strange.

IMO if you'll watch from back there, right behind the carousel is pretty great. 360* views, and often a Cast Member who will join in the fun (the last time we saw it the CM was using his broom to "direct" peoples' view to the direction from which the next fireworks were going off! LOL!) It's fun to watch the area fill as people just gradually stop back there as the show goes on. Never gets *too* crowded, though, which is why we watch from back there. :)

I think you will have time to make it to main street if you are out of BOG by 8:30pm. i wouldn't give it up unless you really don't care about eating there.

jimmysmom74 said:
I think you will have time to make it to main street if you are out of BOG by 8:30pm. i wouldn't give it up unless you really don't care about eating there.

I definitely want to eat there! I just want to was wishes badly that night lol but we have never been to Disney so I have no clue how big the park actually is and how fast we will be able to move from one side to the other...we can hussle if we have to though!

Yep, you can here the sound track back there. And, there really wasn't a big crowd either.

How good is the viewing from that side of the park? I would prefer to watch wishes from the main street side but I thought I read somewhere that they block of areas for safety reasons before the show starts. I have a BOG reservation I just managed to snag for 7:15 on a night wishes starts at 9, and I was wondering if I would get stuck behind the castle after a certain time? Hope this isn't a dumb question! Thanks!

We just did this 2 weeks ago. We actually was leaving be our guest about 8:30 and it was already blocked off by the carousel but we had just enough time to walk all the way around through tomorrow land and get good seats in front of the castle. It was so worth it. I loved be our guest and of course... Love wishes!!!!

mkulp98 said:
We just did this 2 weeks ago. We actually was leaving be our guest about 8:30 and it was already blocked off by the carousel but we had just enough time to walk all the way around through tomorrow land and get good seats in front of the castle. It was so worth it. I loved be our guest and of course... Love wishes!!!!

Thanks!! I'm gonna keep our reservation and as long as I know I have a chance to make it to main street we will give it a shot!

DH and I love Wishes from New Fantasyland! It definitely is a great view. If you have seen Wishes in front of the castle before then I say go for it. It is beautiful and less crowded in New Fantasyland.

We love watching wishes from New Fantasyland! It makes you feel so much closer to the fireworks, but you do have to turn back and forth as some fireworks originate from near the castle, others from behind NF.

Since they moved the back fireworks, we've found that it's hit-or-miss watching from in front of the castle, depending on wind direction. We used to watch from the bridge to Tomorrowland, but now that location is just 'meh'.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter