Wishes Fireworks Dessert Party?

brandyleeann

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone!

I know this is a long way off, but we are planning a trip in Feb 2016 and I have been wondering about best viewing options for Wishes. I had a few questions about the dessert party listed in dining options.
  • Has anyone done the dessert party?
  • Is it pricey?
  • Do you really get a great view?
  • Do they pipe in the music?
  • It says you need to check-in 60 minutes prior - do you get to sit down/eat dessert after you get checked-in or you wait in line for that time?
  • Is it one that gets booked up really early (i.e. do I need to reserve right at my 180 day mark?).

Brandy

Hi everyone!

I know this is a long way off, but we are planning a trip in Feb 2016 and I have been wondering about best viewing options for Wishes. I had a few questions about the dessert party listed in dining options.
  • Is it pricey?
  • It says you need to check-in 60 minutes prior - do you get to sit down/eat dessert after you get checked-in or you wait in line for that time?
  • Is it one that gets booked up really early (i.e. do I need to reserve right at my 180 day mark?).

Brandy

The party changed a bit on July 5 and they made it more upscale with lanterns, table cloths, an apple juice toast, slightly better desserts, etc. They raised the price significantly as well. Several people here have done it since then, but many, many other people here have done the original version (location is the same and many details of the experience are relevant).

It is $49.99 adults right now. Not sure if that is pricey to you or not. :)

The view is good but not stellar. It is off to the side slightlyand there is now a tree in the way with the Hub expansion. Still, many people do sided it worthwhile not to fight the crowds on Main Street. You can see Tinkerbell fly right over your head though!

Yes, they pipe in the music.

You can start eating as soon as they start seating which is 60 minutes before Wishes. Tables are pre-assigned in order of reservation, so the only true advantage of lining up early is to hit the buffet more than once...which we do! Lining up about 30 minutes early (90 minutes before Wishes) works out well for us.

We just got back from 9 days in the world and did the new dessert party on 8/11. We were not impressed and will not be doing it again. We felt like they crammed more people in there and the desserts were just okay, they were mostly the same as last year and for the price hike it just wasn't enough to keep us coming back. The worst part was the tables were so close together that you could barley get through and my chair and the chair of the guy behind me were touching the entire time! Neither one of us was pushed out that far from the table.
Next year we will be trying Pirates and Pals and the FP+ area for something new. Plus we couldn't see Celebrate the Magic very well as they have huge walls up surrounding the new parts for the castle (I know this will be gone next year but still). It just didn't have the magical feel so we will leave it to others to experience.

You will absolutely need reservations at your 180 day mark and the entire amount has to be paid in full at the time of booking.

It does get booked up pretty fast, but people do cancel. We went last year before the new changes. It was a little cheaper then it is now. It was good to do once. I wouldn't pay to do it a second time.

Have done the dessert party twice..would not do it again...not worth the $$$. I would fast pass a wishes viewing area instead!

Hi everyone!

• Is it pricey?

Brandy
Pricey, yes.
Great view, yes.
You're right in front of the castle-hear the music fine.
We didn't get there any earlier than the hour before-your table is set based on when you book. Earlier is better!

My opinion-it was nice to do once and not have to fight fireworks crowds. The desserts definitely were nothing special at all. To me they seemed similar to stuff you'd find at a cheap buffet (and for perspective, I am not a fancy food person. Perfectly happy with all qs meals for our trips). There are tons of dessert foods available around the parks that are MUCH better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter