wishes fireworks cruise

trogan

Earning My Ears
I just booked the fireworks cruise for my dd's birthday and was wondering if anyone has done this and how was it? Also wanted to know if the price includes a gratuity for the pontoon driver or did you tip them? how much?

Hello!

We've done this twice - the last time was May of this year. The price is now $150 (this was not a birthday package or anything, just the normal cruise) and DH generally tips about $20-25. That may be a lot - I don't know.

It is SO worth it! But if you are looking to save money, don't do the addon of bringing food and such with you. The price is ridiculous. Our guide last time told us about a few examples - 4 or 6 beers (I can't remember) for $50...chocolate strawberries for $50. We generally have dinner before the cruise at the resort (we've always done Wilderness Lodge) and then if we aren't too tired we have a treat down on the beach or by the pool when we get back. Did you book a birthday cruise? There was one the first time we went and I remember balloons all over the pontoon. If you did, would you mind posting what's included? We're going back for DS's 4th birthday and I'm thinking about doing this as a treat.

It is really wonderful - a front line viewing of the electric light parade, a cruise around the lake, and an unbelievable and very special view of Wishes. We always feel like VIP's on the trip!

Enjoy your cruise and I wish your daughter a very, very magical happy birthday!!!

The Wishes Cruise was definitely the highlight of our trip. It was beautiful, peaceful, and serene. The view of the fireworks if fantastic, it looks like pixie dust falling over the castle. Our boat didn't have music, but we could hear the music from the boats around us at the perfect level. We were there Easter night, right in the middle of our trip and to sit in comfy seats (rest our feet) and ride on a boat in the cool evening breeze was truly heavenly. I don't have much money to spare and I saved up for this to surprise my children and it was such a lovely experience I got teary eyed tipping the captain and she hugged me and said being around kids like mine made her want to have kids....someday. (Sigh) :boat:

:crazy: I did the wishes fireworks birthday cruise for my partner. I booked in the 90days in advance. well the week before I call to confirm like I was instructed and the CM says "im sorry thats the night of MVMCP so due to special fireworks, we will be unable to do it as a fireworks cruise"(this was all due to saftey reasons). OMG I about blew a head gasket.. $180 and no fireworks!!!!! haha. so. I figured I'd wait until we arrived onsite and call again. so the day of I call, talk to the CM and explain my situation. How this was my first trip and Im being let down. That if I couldnt get the fireworks then I would like to cancel my boat reservation free of charge (since it was a scheduling goof up on thier part and I was never notified). The CM told me to please show up for my boat ride, and let her "see what she could do for us".

We got down to the dock at the WL and I see a pontoon boat decked out w/decorations. Our captin came around and greeted us and pulled me off to the side from the group. She made me very happy w/her words. She promsied me fireworks and said she would try her best to make up for it etc. Well, just her efforts and kindness alone made me happy. We went to our boat, loaded w/streamers, balloons, giant banner etc. She stated how she loved the birthday cruises because she loves to decorate the boat. It looked real nice. I asked why our pontoon boat was different then all the others. She explained since there was the "goof up" that they wanted to make it right. The gave us the Executive boat! haha, It is exclusivley for CM/Administration etc. Large leather benches, clean, beautiful and fast! She took us for a tour around the lake/lagoon and told us facts about the resorts/parks. (we encouraged her to be active w/our group of 4.) We pleaded her to sit join us and tell us about herself etc. Then she pulled out the cooler full of softdrinks/water/juice etc. THen as it got a lil darker she pulled out the birthday cake that I forgot came w/the cruise. MY gosh was this cake large and Deaaaaaaad heavy. Delicious too. We insisted that she sat and ate cake and enjoyed her evenng with us. Then we sat back and enjoyed our fireworks. We became chilled on the boat and she tossed us blankets and pillows! haha, I guess they really make the exec. boat nice.

After our trip we docked back onto the shore. Our trip was to be about an hour, but it was a lil over 2hours. She refused to leave until we saw the fireworks and celebrated and were happy. I was so greatful for all the effort she did. We made sure to get her name so we could report her excellent work, and left her a $40 tip I believe. My significant other was suprised about the whole thing, and thought she was an amazing hostes/captin. Needless to say we are trying to budget in a regular Wishes cruise for our return visit!! :sunny:

FigmentGuy said:
:crazy: I did the wishes fireworks birthday cruise for my partner. I booked in the 90days in advance. well the week before I call to confirm like I was instructed and the CM says "im sorry thats the night of MVMCP so due to special fireworks, we will be unable to do it as a fireworks cruise"(this was all due to saftey reasons). OMG I about blew a head gasket.. $180 and no fireworks!!!!! haha. so. I figured I'd wait until we arrived onsite and call again. so the day of I call, talk to the CM and explain my situation. How this was my first trip and Im being let down. That if I couldnt get the fireworks then I would like to cancel my boat reservation free of charge (since it was a scheduling goof up on thier part and I was never notified). The CM told me to please show up for my boat ride, and let her "see what she could do for us".

We got down to the dock at the WL and I see a pontoon boat decked out w/decorations. Our captin came around and greeted us and pulled me off to the side from the group. She made me very happy w/her words. She promsied me fireworks and said she would try her best to make up for it etc. Well, just her efforts and kindness alone made me happy. We went to our boat, loaded w/streamers, balloons, giant banner etc. She stated how she loved the birthday cruises because she loves to decorate the boat. It looked real nice. I asked why our pontoon boat was different then all the others. She explained since there was the "goof up" that they wanted to make it right. The gave us the Executive boat! haha, It is exclusivley for CM/Administration etc. Large leather benches, clean, beautiful and fast! She took us for a tour around the lake/lagoon and told us facts about the resorts/parks. (we encouraged her to be active w/our group of 4.) We pleaded her to sit join us and tell us about herself etc. Then she pulled out the cooler full of softdrinks/water/juice etc. THen as it got a lil darker she pulled out the birthday cake that I forgot came w/the cruise. MY gosh was this cake large and Deaaaaaaad heavy. Delicious too. We insisted that she sat and ate cake and enjoyed her evenng with us. Then we sat back and enjoyed our fireworks. We became chilled on the boat and she tossed us blankets and pillows! haha, I guess they really make the exec. boat nice.

After our trip we docked back onto the shore. Our trip was to be about an hour, but it was a lil over 2hours. She refused to leave until we saw the fireworks and celebrated and were happy. I was so greatful for all the effort she did. We made sure to get her name so we could report her excellent work, and left her a $40 tip I believe. My significant other was suprised about the whole thing, and thought she was an amazing hostes/captin. Needless to say we are trying to budget in a regular Wishes cruise for our return visit!! :sunny:

Now I'm soooo diappointed :sad2: I was going to surprise my family with a Wishes cruise the night we arrive, but it's a night they have MVMCP. Do they not run at all these nights? I don't really want to do an Illuminations cruise.....

The cruise is wonderful. Make sure they have blankets on the boat if there is a hint of a chill in the air. We went the end of April and were frozen by the end of the trip but it was worth it!
We had a wonderful driver and tipped him $25 at the end of the cruise. He seemed surprised that we gave him anything so either we look really cheap or he's not used to getting tips! :rotfl:

FigmentGuy, your story gave me chills. I am constantly amazed at CMs that go out of their way, as this one did. They are truly amazing people! Thanks for sharing yor story.

Nancy :earsgirl:

We went in 2/05 and it was wonderful!! My son 3.5 is still talking about the sparkles at mickey mouses castle (thats what he call MK). I had to buy the CD and we listen to it all the time in the car!!
We are hoping to get an illuminations cruise when we are down in 9/05. :cool1:

We have a Wishes cruise planned on the 25th. We are meeting some friends and their daughter will be turning 8. We booked with the birthday theme and were told there will be decorations, a cake, and beverages. We are all looking so forward to it. We haven't told the kids yet because we want it to be a surprise for them and especially the birthday girl. I think that will be the highlight of our trip. :flower:

mvmcp will be going on when we go. I don't know if I could fit it in on any other night. Monday and Wed. are the non mvmcp nights - right?
kimba

slk537
Thanks for the info on tipping. The price of the birthday cruise is about $210.00, with that they decorate the pontoon boat with baloons and streamers, they provide soft drinks and your choice of birthday cake. My daughter does not know about this and I can't wait to see her face when the boat pulls up to the dock just for her! We're going the end of July, I will post my observations when I return.

Im glad you all enjoyed my lil story and I didnt put you to sleep. Ha ha. BigBabyBlues you might want to call the WDW-PLAY number and see if they have changed thier policy or if they can accomidate your wish for a "Wishes cruise" during MVMCP They still have fireworks during that party you just have to be in a different part of the lake then normal...What does it hurt right?

We love the Wishes Cruise. It is the best seat in the park (or outside)! We have done both the regular and the birthday cruises. The cake was wonderful and the kids loved the streamers and balloons. Everyone we have taken to WDW with us has commented on how "magical" the cruises are.

I may have to try and book one of these cruises for our family the next time we go !! I have never considered one but the more I read here the more I want my own cruise. We will be there when my daughter turn one. That would be a fun little birthday celebration !!

We did the Wishes birthday cruise in Feb. It was $200, plus $20 tip was added in, so they charged us $220 up front. In addition, we tipped another $20. What the heck. Our boat did have the music piped in. Maybe this is something you can request-- a boat with music.

trogan said:
slk537
We're going the end of July, I will post my observations when I return.
We have a birthday Cruise booked for July 22 out of WL. When is yours? :goodvibes

I tried to request a boat with music. They do not make promises, you can not request. He did say that the higher the level of boat you reserve, the better your chances of getting the music.....meaning if you order sandwiches, thats a level 1 and if you add fruit and cheese to that, thats a level 2, etc. or something like that. But the more you reserve (the more you pay ;) ) the better your chances. He did say that if your boat doesn't have music, you'll be parked near one that does.

This is the info I was told on the phone...if its incorrect than I was given incorrect information ;)

We are going on the 26th of July from the WL. They didn't even mention the fact that their wasn't music on all the boats or any of the add on foods. I wouldn't have done any add ons because we are doing the Crystal Palace a few hours before; it's where DD wanted to have her 7th birthday dinner. Music or not I think it will be a nice surprise! My brother and his family live in Tampa and we only see them oncea year and they are coming too. Can't wait!

We are cruising for everyones "unbirthday" on June 15th - cant wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :flower: !!!!!!!

trogan said:
We are going on the 26th of July from the WL. They didn't even mention the fact that their wasn't music on all the boats or any of the add on foods. I wouldn't have done any add ons because we are doing the Crystal Palace a few hours before; it's where DD wanted to have her 7th birthday dinner. Music or not I think it will be a nice surprise! My brother and his family live in Tampa and we only see them oncea year and they are coming too. Can't wait!
the 26th....thats my departure date ....when you're on your cruise I'll be driving home from our airport.....

anyway I didn't know about any add ons either. The CM on the phone brought it up when I tried to request a boat with music .....which I only knew about because of the DIS :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter