Wishes Fireworks Cruise - A Few Questions

WDWFantasmicFan

Uber Disney Fan
We are travelling to WDW as a group of 8 of us to celebrate a 50th Birthday later this year, and i'm considering the Premium Wishes Fireworks Cruise. But had a few questions first;
- What snacks/drinks are provided?
- Is it worth the $350?
- How long does it last?
- Do you stay on the boat for the electrical water pageant?
- Can you order Disney cakes to be provided onboard?
- Could we bring our own decorations (i.e. balloons etc.) to put onboard to celebrate the occasion?

Would appreciate any suggestions/information you may have!

Thanks in advance :D

I just did one on Valentine's Day this year from the contemporary and it was amazing.

-Snacks are things like white cheddar popcorn, rice crispy treats, BBQ Chips (Lays), Plain Lays, Pretzels. Drinks: water, coke, diet coke, and sprite.
-I think it definitely was, and it was just my husband and I.
-I think it was about an hour and half.
-We did get to see the electrical parade which was great.
-Yes you can order cakes.
-I'm not sure if you can bring your own, but they will decorate it for you, for an upcharge.

What we enjoyed was the fact we launched out of the Contemporary, and our boat captain offered on the way back to drop us off at the Grand Floridian if we wanted to go to Magic Kingdom, that way it would just be a short monorail ride to the MK, instead of the usual four stops from the contemporary. We opted to go back to our room first, however I truly appreciated the option, because we did think about using it.

Hope this helps, and that you enjoy it!

We are travelling to WDW as a group of 8 of us to celebrate a 50th Birthday later this year, and i'm considering the Premium Wishes Fireworks Cruise. But had a few questions first;
1- What snacks/drinks are provided?
2- Is it worth the $350?
3- How long does it last?
4- Do you stay on the boat for the electrical water pageant?
5- Can you order Disney cakes to be provided onboard?
6- Could we bring our own decorations (i.e. balloons etc.) to put onboard to celebrate the occasion?

2- $350 divided by 8 is $43.75 each. Is anything at WDW worth $43.75? ;)
3- 60-80 min.
4- Depends on the timing of Wishes that night.
5- Yes.
6- You would not have much time, yourself, to decorate/un-decorate.

OP...if I may add a couple more questions...

We are doing the cruise this weekend. Any DVC or AP discount? And for tipping....20%??

I just did one on Valentine's Day this year from the contemporary and it was amazing.

-Snacks are things like white cheddar popcorn, rice crispy treats, BBQ Chips (Lays), Plain Lays, Pretzels. Drinks: water, coke, diet coke, and sprite.
-I think it definitely was, and it was just my husband and I.
-I think it was about an hour and half.
-We did get to see the electrical parade which was great.
-Yes you can order cakes.
-I'm not sure if you can bring your own, but they will decorate it for you, for an upcharge.

What we enjoyed was the fact we launched out of the Contemporary, and our boat captain offered on the way back to drop us off at the Grand Floridian if we wanted to go to Magic Kingdom, that way it would just be a short monorail ride to the MK, instead of the usual four stops from the contemporary. We opted to go back to our room first, however I truly appreciated the option, because we did think about using it.

Hope this helps, and that you enjoy it!
Thanks for your great response! :) Sounds like its definitely something we will try to do! Will probably get them to decorate it, i'm sure it won't be too much more money! :o (But, then again, we are talking Disney!!)

I have read you can order Private Dining too for the cruise - do you know what sort of things are on that menu? Anything like a dessert platter etc.?

2- $350 divided by 8 is $43.75 each. Is anything at WDW worth $43.75? ;)
3- 60-80 min.
4- Depends on the timing of Wishes that night.
5- Yes.
6- You would not have much time, yourself, to decorate/un-decorate.
Thanks for your reply! Cost doesn't seem so bad when you divide it (seeing as the Wishes Ferrytale Cruise is $99 a person!) Will probably see if they can decorate it, will be easier and quicker! Didn't really know about these cruises until today, and think it will be a great way to celebrate!

I have 8 adults and 2 children (3 and 6) is this possible or is there a maximum of 8 people ? I`m going 10/29 thru 11/5 how far out can I book Wishes fireworks cruise and due I just call main Disney number to book cruise ? Thanks for your help !!!

I have 8 adults and 2 children (3 and 6) is this possible or is there a maximum of 8 people ? I`m going 10/29 thru 11/5 how far out can I book Wishes fireworks cruise and due I just call main Disney number to book cruise ? Thanks for your help !!!

Click HERE.

Thanks for your great response! :) Sounds like its definitely something we will try to do! Will probably get them to decorate it, i'm sure it won't be too much more money! :o (But, then again, we are talking Disney!!)

I have read you can order Private Dining too for the cruise - do you know what sort of things are on that menu? Anything like a dessert platter etc.?

When we did this cruise last Oct. I called the Poly in room dining (our cruise departed from the Poly).
I was able to order some cookies, rice crispy treats, a cheese & nut platter, and chocolate covered strawberries.
As posted earlier, you can also order cakes and have them decorate the boat for your occasion.
We really enjoy this, and plan on doing it again on our next trip
Hope this helps! Have fun! And dont forget to reserve at your 180 days, it can book up

Sorry to hijack your thread but how exactly do you book these Wishes cruises? Do I call the resort directly ? And what are the chances the deluxe cruises are sold out when our trip is only 45 days away? (I did not know you could book them at 180 days out) TIA

Sorry to hijack your thread but how exactly do you book these Wishes cruises? Do I call the resort directly ? And what are the chances the deluxe cruises are sold out when our trip is only 45 days away? (I did not know you could book them at 180 days out) TIA

Click HERE.

They tend to get booked quickly, but they have far more availabilities for Wishes Cruises than for IllumiNations Cruises.

Click HERE.

They tend to get booked quickly, but they have far more availabilities for Wishes Cruises than for IllumiNations Cruises.
Thanks Robo. So do I call each resort individually or is there a central reservation line?

When we did the cruise last October, they had all sorts of desserts from the monorail resorts. Very yummy.

There was also a Disney photographer on board so we were able to get Memory Maker photos taken. We really enjoyed the experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter