Wishes Dessert Party

I hope they have it for our next trip. The deserts were yummy, the view was awesome, and you can't beat not having to fight the crowds for a good view. My DH, who is very picky, had a great time and would like to do it again. I didn't tell him anything about what we were doing that night so the whole party was a surprise. I told him that we had to be at this certain spot to see Tink fly overhead, then when we got in line for the party he had no idea what it was for. Nice surprise. He really liked it.

I am debating about doing this, if it is available for our trip in Aug.
It seems like a lot of $, but could be worth if from a lot of the comments posted here.
My only concern is that we wouldn't be able to see the pictures that are now projected onto the castle?

Hi
I'm surprising this for my DH in May. We both like desserts, (me, more than him), but it sounds like fun!! I'd like to try it at least once. I've read so many mixed opinions about it.

We went to the Wishes dessert party in October and while I wouldn't do it on every trip, it was a nice, low key way to view the fireworks and have some yummy dessert!

Looking forward to trying this so DD princess: (in a wheelchair) can see well - even if it is expensive. Last time we went to Disney we caught Wishes on our final night. I sat on the ground in front of DD's chair to try to create a gap where she could see - I moved behind the chair for 2 seconds to get something out of our backpack and 2 "ladies" in their 20's moved in and took my spot and stood right in front of DD :mad: (she literally had a view of their rear ends :sad2:) - I asked them to move and they just laughed and ignored me. So, we'll be trying the Wishes party this trip! :wizard:

Looking forward to trying this so DD princess: (in a wheelchair) can see well - even if it is expensive. Last time we went to Disney we caught Wishes on our final night. I sat on the ground in front of DD's chair to try to create a gap where she could see - I moved behind the chair for 2 seconds to get something out of our backpack and 2 "ladies" in their 20's moved in and took my spot and stood right in front of DD :mad: (she literally had a view of their rear ends :sad2:) - I asked them to move and they just laughed and ignored me. So, we'll be trying the Wishes party this trip! :wizard:

So very un disney of them. She should have pinched them just to get them to move. LOL Just kidding. But I am sorry she had to deal with this. Unfortunately I have seen stuff like this both times I have been there. Sad

You are probably going to either love this or hate this. There are few poor things to say about WDW, but I don't think I would ever do the Wishes Dessert Party again. With that said, the "guests" were the issue, not the dessert and not the Cast Members.

My DH and I got a table on the edge in September. I was very excited about this, but once it was getting close to the fireworks, people got up and started to line up against the railing. I put my bag/purse over there to hold the place by our table, but some people just stood by it like it was theirs. That made me nervous, so I went and stood by my bag for an extended period of time, so I could see the fireworks. My DH isn't really into fireworks, so I ended up watching them alone. Also, since you are by the rail you can't get any more dessert.

Nice set up if they would allow fewer guests.

I think it costs too much, as I am not a huge fan of sweet things and probably wouldn't eat enough. Not impressed by the fireworks either as I can see those from Main Street or even from the other side of the castle if I don't want to be in crowds.

Noodle Station is gone. The area is now called Tomorrowland Terrace Cafe.

In the case of the dessert party, from what I understand the desserts are not made at the same location where they are served. They are brought in from somewhere else. Therefore there is no one actually on site to prepare special dishes for those with allergies, and the actual persons who prepared the desserts are not available at the event. If the allergy-friendly dishes are not requested ahead of time, they won't know whether or not to bring any over to the dessert buffet location.

Yes you should state any food allergies while making the reservation. Our DD has a tree nut allergy. Someone came out to our table and told us which desserts to stay away from. Disney deserves an A+++ for food allery awareness in my book.:yay:

Does anyone have any insight as to when dates for the dessert party will be released for later than July? Do they typically release a month at a time or several months at once? Hoping for an October reservation!!!! :cloud9:

My only concern is that we wouldn't be able to see the pictures that are now projected onto the castle?

You can still see them from the party. It's a bit of a side view just because of where you are, but you can definitely still see the show. I was shocked by how many people at the party thought that WAS Wishes, even though they made an announcement that it was a special show that the fireworks would immediately follow.

For us, it's more about the convenience of not having to camp out for hours in a crowd to see Wishes. We also loved the new castle show, and thought the view of the MSEP was just fine for us.

The little mini-desserts and beverages are fine, but if you go in expecting to get your "money's worth" of food, you'll probably be disappointed.

The part that makes it worth the price of admission for us is having a private, un-crowded view of Wishes. As an extra bonus, the night we were there, they opened up a "backstage" exit right behind the terrace and we were able to bypass the whole crowd walking down Main Street to get out. Don't know if that's the case every night.

Do they have the party in the winter (February?). If so do they serve hot drinks, have a heater in the area?

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter