Wishes Dessert Party

tina6296

Earning My Ears
Can someone tell me what the Wishes Dessert Party is? Where to I get info? How much is it? Is it worth it?

The wishes dessert party is worth it! We were at wdw last week. We were at MK on Tuesday and I called disney dining about 2pm and booked the dessert party for that night :banana:We were fortunate to get a front row seat. Even though everyone stands up at the railing when wishes starts, we could see everything from our chairs. I believe it was about $20 per person plus tax. The desserts were wonderful and tasty. The view of wishes is worth it to us b/c you get a place to sit and relax without having to find a place 90 minutes before the show.We were glad to see a disney photographer doing the photopasses as well. We will do the dessert party every time in the future if it is being offered, it's great, I highly recommend it.

I did the dessert part during the holiday season. Since it was the holidaies, it was 27 per person, but I felt that it was totally worth it. First of all, the food was awesome....if you have a sweet tooth, thats reason enough right there! Also, I had a larger party, and two of my members were physically handicapped. For us, it was completely worth it to be able to sit down, away from the crowds during wishes. Like I said, we were there during peak season...I probably wouldn't ever do it off season.

We will enjoy our third Fireworks Dessert Party at our next trip to WDW in July (which won't be "Wishes" then otherwise I'd call in the "Wishes Dessert Party"). Obviously, since it's our third time--we've felt it is worth the cost. The cost is $21.99 adult age 10 and up, $11.99 child age 3-9 ("peak" prices are $25.99 & $13.99). The party starts one hour before the scheduled fireworks. I've heard that right now they are only booking through mid-August. It tends to fill up quickly--esp. at busy times of year.

There are a lot of dessert choices (mousse, choc covered strawberries, fruit, cookies, cheesecake, tarts, etc.) on the buffet plus several different drinks available including coffee, water, lemonade, tea and hot chocolate.

Attendees have an assigned table so there is no need to be the first in line to get the best seats. Reservations have to be made by calling the Disney dining phone number--they cannot be made online. I have encountered some CMs when I called who didn't know how to find the event but if you tell them to look under Tomorrowland Terrace Noodle Station they should be able to find it if it's available.

As a previous poster mentioned, many people stand at the rail when the fireworks begin but it's also possible to see while sitting at your assigned table. Both of our previous assigned tables were right on Tinkerbell's flight path from the castle. She flew right over our heads and waved at us!! Fun.

I don't suppose the party will be going on during November (13th - 20th)?

I just booked the dessert party for our July visit. I haven't been to Disney in 7 years, the rest of my party goes yearly. They have never been to a dessert party. I can't wait!

I was just wondering if anybody has heard if they have extended Wishes Desert Party beyond 8/14/2010????

I don't suppose the party will be going on during November (13th - 20th)?

I was just wondering if anybody has heard if they have extended Wishes Desert Party beyond 8/14/2010????

No word yet.

Since they began offering the Parties, they have been opening the
reservation dates only a "section of calendar" at a time.

Its possible that after this Summer they will simply
open up the ressies on a more regular basis, but only time will tell.

OMG thank you so much for this thread. I didnt know they were still doing this till I read here. So I called and booked it for our trip next month. I am so excited. But I am going to keep it a secret from my family. Anyone have any pics?-nevermind got all excited. I saw them above thanks

Just went to the party on Friday night. We got there early and had to stand on a long line, but once inside, it was so great. We got a good table up front. The desserts were awesome! Really good!

Once the fireworks started, they took the buffet down, but we had plenty of time to eat before that. People also got up and lined up at the wall to watch so some were in my way, but the view is great if you stand at the wall too!

My only dissappointment was that Tinkerbelle didn't fly that night. We kept waiting for her to come right towards us but she never did and I was really looking forward to that.

:cloud9:Going too Surprise my Niece for her 19th Birhtday...I am not telling my DD or Mom either...Surprise them all...

I do so hope they extend the dates again. I am sure they will.

I was trying too decide between MCMCP or doing the wishes dessert party on a non party day at MK.:santa:

I think it will be so beautiful with the castle lights and Wishes. We can get some great pictures and avoid the crowds of the Christmas party.

This will be our first Dessert party..Thanks for the reviews..Glad too hear people are enjoying it.

:hug: Thank you all for the fabulous reviews. I have been on the fence about it but with the wonderful pictures on the link posted earlier and all the positive reviews...I am in! We're booked for mid-June. My husband said,"I hope you and the kids' can eat $112 worth of desserts!":sick:

Now questions: our reservation is for 9:20; is that enough time to enjoy the desserts? Do the fireworks start at 10:00? Also, can you see the parade from that location too?

Thank you everyone!:love:

:hug: Thank you all for the fabulous reviews. I have been on the fence about it but with the wonderful pictures on the link posted earlier and all the positive reviews...I am in! We're booked for mid-June. My husband said,"I hope you and the kids' can eat $112 worth of desserts!":sick:

Now questions: our reservation is for 9:20; is that enough time to enjoy the desserts? Do the fireworks start at 10:00? Also, can you see the parade from that location too?

I was unable to see the parade from this area, only a few tops of floats. You will never eat $112.00 worth of desserts, so you may want to find someone who can "talk" sports with DH:laughing:;) (just kidding). Aslo, I would show up at 9pm to give you more time. Enjoy!! It is a lot of fun.

I was unable to see the parade from this area, only a few tops of floats. You will never eat $112.00 worth of desserts, so you may want to find someone who can "talk" sports with DH:laughing:;) (just kidding). Also, I would show up at 9pm to give you more time. Enjoy!! It is a lot of fun.

Can't imagine for the 4 of us it is worth $112!!!!!!!
That is kind of steep. You would think at WDW they made all their money back and then some after the 9/11 duldrums 9 years ago. They should realize taking it down to about $12-$14pp, they would have more takers.....from what it sounds like though, they are probably packed nightly.

can you see the parade from that location too?

I was unable to see the parade from this area, only a few tops of floats.

You will be at a distance of 180-220 feet (2/3 of a football field) from the parade,
with guests standing between you and the parade entries.
I've presented the areas (in blue) that are (somewhat) unobstructed by trees between the Noodle Station and the Hub area.
MK-Hub-BE-W_100509.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter