Wishes Dessert Party...why?

divawife

DIS Veteran
If you have to get up and fight for a space along the railing-why pay the money? I really want to go but when I read that you can't see the fireworks from your seat (which is part of the reason we want to go) and I have read that sometimes arguments break out to get good spots along the railing...

I really, really want it to be wonderful and to go but if I need to stand anyway and grab a spot I am not getting it.

Convince me we should spend the money and go! I want it to be as good as it sounds. :)

Before the Wishes dessert party was introduced, that is the very spot my family and I used to sit to watch Wishes...it was a tradition. I was, and am still pretty disappointed that now you have to pay to watch from our special place. We have since moved on...we just watch it from various spots now.

We were there last month and didn't notice anyone fighting for space at the railing. Some guests remained at their tables (if they were towards the front) and the ones farther back simply stood up and moved out from under the overhang. I believe that is the only reason people need to stand at all (because the overhang blocks the view).

My kids did get up and move to the railing during out party but my DH and I were able to stand farther back and still had an amazing view.

We really enjoyed the party and loved going back to our table for a while after the fireworks while we waited for the crowds to thin out. The CMs didn't try and hurry us out or anything. In fact, they asked if we wanted anything else to eat or drink before they cleared it.

I was very pleased with the experience and would book it again.

We did it earlier this month.
1) no fighting at all, nice open lots of empty tables plenty of room to sit at tables.
2) I wouldn't do it every trip it was about 80$ or a little more for 3 people, was okay, but not wowed.
3) THE CHOCOLATE strawberries are super de-lish!

We enjoyed it in May and didn't encounter any rail spats, but...... an older couple with the gentleman in a wheelchair were told by what I can only assume was a rather unseasoned castmember that he could stay by the rail but that his wife would need to return to her table. Ouch! Who wants to watch fireworks ostracized from their party? We were at one of the smaller front row table and my husband inched our table over closer to her husband and made her join our party.
I would do the party again- as another poster said- the strawberries were seriously good!

We went on a Xmas party night and there was nobody around, the smaller tables were the ones by the railing and the larger parties in the back. There were maybe 16-18 tables of people and some left after they pigged out on desserts and treats. No one tried to stand in front of the railing and block our view.

We enjoyed it in May and didn't encounter any rail spats, but...... an older couple with the gentleman in a wheelchair were told by what I can only assume was a rather unseasoned castmember that he could stay by the rail but that his wife would need to return to her table. Ouch! Who wants to watch fireworks ostracized from their party? We were at one of the smaller front row table and my husband inched our table over closer to her husband and made her join our party.
I would do the party again- as another poster said- the strawberries were seriously good!

I have been to this twice. I never saw anyone told that they couldn't stand by the rail, espescially if someone in the party is by the rail b/c they are in a wheelchair. Possibly she wanted to sit at the rail in her chair? I do know they are very strict about that- no chairs allowed at the rail. I am thinking this is a safety rule, as someone could stand in the chair and fall over the rail.

Also, I haven't seen any fights or anything over space at the rail. We stood at the rail both times. Our table was further back, and we wanted a good view of Tink. Both times I looked behind me and asked if I was blocking anyone's view from their table, and they said no, we were fine.

Besides people wanting the desserts, it's possibly a case where if you have to jockey for space to view the fireworks, there would be far fewer people to jockey with than you'd have for viewing from the street.

It's up to $27 per adult now, which I think is way too expensive for what you get (that's just my opinion though, as many dates are still booked up for the dessert party)

We enjoyed it last Christmas.. no problems at all.. 'cept I ate too much!!!

We did it earlier this month. Thought it would be a nice way to end our vacation by doing it on our last night as a surprise for the rest of the family. There were no arguments by the rail - although some people started lining up at the rail 20-30 minutes before Wishes started. Most of the desserts were very good. All in all, it was a very good experience. That said, while it was a good experience, I doubt I will do it again as it wasn't worth the cost.

Before the Wishes dessert party was introduced, that is the very spot my family and I used to sit to watch Wishes...it was a tradition. I was, and am still pretty disappointed that now you have to pay to watch from our special place. We have since moved on...we just watch it from various spots now.

We always watched the fireworks from there too.

we did this in april and experienced no fights at all. we had a front and centre seat and then stood at the rail with the kids once everyone else started moving forward. the only thing i did notice were the cm's asking people standing on chairs to move them back to the tables.

you're really paying for a the buffet- super yummy, and b to not be insanely crowded at main street. i personally preferred it as we have 2 small kids and they always get squished by late comers wanting to see the fireworks. there were plenty of people who also sat during the fireworks and could see them just fine. rite now were hoping they'll extend it for feb's trip for us.

I'm doing the Wishes Dessert Party with my husband for the desserts. This is his 1st trip to WDW and I want to make it memorable. I'm looking forward to sharing this unique experience with him.

We did the Dessert Party last October and have it booked for our December trip. The desserts are good and it's nice way to enjoy Wishes. Several people moved to the rail, but it wasn't too crowded...no spats. Our table was in the front and no one blocked our view. It's expensive, but worth it.IMO

As a special treat I took my niece and 2 nephews in Aug. They had a blast and enjoyed the whole evening. It was worth the price to watch their reactions. I enjoyed the desserts(I probably ate my weight in desserts). But I'm a purist at heart and I like to watch the fireworks from Main Street. I never mind spending money for a new experience at Disney, but I probably wouldn't do the dessert party again.

My husband and I did this in July with my 4 year old and 18 month old and though it was costly it was worth it! We planned it for an EMH night and knew it would be crowded that night in the park.

There were no railing spats and at 9 pm... everyone just seemed to get up and mosy over to the railing to watch the fireworks. There were a few that remained in their seats, too.

I remember being concerned when I called to book this event and was told by the CM, "This is a standing room only event." I thought perhaps it was sold out for the tables and I was going to have to juggle my desserts, a drink and my kids. I was assured that it is called standing room only because they can't guarantee that evryone could see from their seat but that all were welcome to move to the rail.

It was very yummy! Both of my children loved it! And we did too!:goodvibes

The price for December and on (and maybe earlier) is now up to $36 per adult. Luckily I booked in August and got the lower price.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter