Wishes dessert party vs calif grill (for fireworks)

bigwino

Earning My Ears
Last year, my family (me, DH, and DD(5)), during our first-ever trip to Disney, went to Calif. Grill and watched the fireworks from the outside viewing area. We absolutely LOVED it... was one of our favorite things and a really unique experience. We did, however, think the service was not great and the food was pretty over-rated/over-priced. But given the experience, we thought the bill was worth it.

Headed back again this year and I booked CG again during fireworks. But both DH and I are feeling rather on the fence about it (i'm thinking we could try some other new TS restaurants/experiences for the 2 credits).

So I thought perhaps watching the fireworks from the Wishes Dessert Party might be a decent "substitute" of sorts. DD loves her dessert (duh -- I suppose that's a given for most 5 year olds). And it might be cool to see Wishes from a new spot, esp. one where we could relax beforehand.

How is the vantage point from the Dessert Party? I recognize it's a bit of an apples-to-oranges comparison (hard to compare with being wayyyy up high at the CG) but if it's pretty special in its own right, I may just cancel CG.

Any advice/thoughts are welcome!

Thanks!

We loved the dessert party. Tinkerbell flys right over you and is so close she waves to you. Viewing is amazing and not crowded. the difference is dessert or dinner. we love the dessert and just pick up hot dog and caseys corner before dessert buffet and you will be fine. lots to pick from.

Cool! DD would love that.

Hmmm, seriously considering the trade.

Even if the desserts are not great, I wouldn't mind having a place to relax while waiting for/watching Wishes. (and really it's about the viewing experience since CG is overpriced too, IMO -- with a bigger bill!).

And if the views are special from the Dessert Party... this could finally solve the hesitation I was having about CG.

Has anyone ever posted pix (not of the food, but of the view?)

THANKS!

The dessert party is IMO definitely worth the money! My family went in Sept and absolutely loved it! The desserts were all amazing and that coupled with the great viewing location and the photopass photog made it a great night! We enjoyed it so much we are booking it again in May :)

I am so excited to be doing this in May! I am a dessert freak so this is right up my alley.

Can't wait to see the fireworks from a different view also, and Tinkerbell. We didn't even see her last time we were there so this will be special for DS5!

I don't think June's dates are opened up yet, they just opened May recently. Keep trying for June!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter