Wishes Dessert Party on 5/24, should I cancel?

mrsclaymation

Earning My Ears
First, please forgive me for asking for advice based on a rumored event, but I am trying to make a decision about the 24th. May 24th is our first full day of vacation and we have a Wishes reservation, but now I have read several posts/articles about the possible 24 hour party on the 24th. From everything I have read, the crowd gets heavier in the evening. We are planning on leaving the park for an afternoon break and I am concerned about getting back in for our reservations. I can't find anything about which stage closure WDW was in during the last 24 hour party, but reading the articles about the 2012 event, it makes it sound like the parks did close at some point. Should I try to reschedule or just cross my fingers and hope for the best?

Looks like I have a couple of options, I can rearrange and schedule Wishes for either our arrival day or our last night - which would you pick?

We have a BOG at 9:15 but won't be able to get to the park until 7 or 8 pm, I had not heard of the 24 hour party so am also wondering if there is any risk. I read somewhere that if you have an ADR you will most likely get in, that the most extreme type of park closure is not likely?

Just seeing this. We were supposed to be at MK that evening, too, although not for the fireworks party. Right now I have doubled up on dining reservations for that evening (the second one under my Mom's profile). I would ordinarily never advocate doing that because I hate it when people take reservations they have no intention of using. However, after reading about what the crowds were like in February in the evening with the 24-hour thing, I want no part of that. The problem is that Disney has not announced anything yet. I think if they're going to do it they had better let us know so we can plan ahead. :worried:

If you can swing it, I would make a second dessert party reservation right now for a different night. You will have to pre-pay for both but when/if they announce the 24-hour thing you can cancel the other party.

Our only other option for doing MK is on Memorial Day, so I have a dessert party reservation for that night. MK will be crazy that night, too, but hopefully not as bad. LOL Good luck!

I would contact Disney Dining and ask to speak to a supervisor about your concern. Since the dessert party is a quaranteed seat in the Tomorrowland Terrace, I can't see how you'd be denied entry into the park but you've got plenty of time to get your question addressed. Even with multiple date ADRs, you would have to closely monitor your cancellation dates for one or both and if you miss it without knowing whether the May 24 is real or rumor, you could end up paying for 2 parties. Speak to the highest level you can and get names. Last December a higher level CM solved a real mix up with our Dessert party ADRs, so I'm a fan of theirs:thumbsup2

We were in the magic kingdom in February 2012 for the "one extra day". Getting in wasn't the problem. Trying to get out was the issue. We were packed in like sardines. They actually had to remove a wall so people could get out. Had we known about this event we would have stayed in Epcot, it was apparently a ghost town that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter