Wishes Dessert Party!! Anyone??

dfmalone

Disneyian In His Prime
Just booked my vaca and was looking at something different to do, and I seen the Wishes Dessert Party. Has anyone attended this and can they shed a little light on there experience, It would really help me make up my on doing this or not.

For DH and I, this was the second best thing we did there (first was, of course, being opening family). We loved the fact that we didn't have to battle crowds and the food was AMAZING. Get there early, though. We were there during Spring Break and got in line about 8:30 for a 9:00 opening. That way, the lines weren't too long! If you are only two, you get one of the front row spots. We could see the electrical parade, too. It was just so nice to sit at a table, eat dessert, rest for an hour or so, and enjoy ourselves without the hustle and bustle of other people for the fireworks. We would do it again in a heartbeat!

We loved it too!

When we went there was no reason to line up early because tables had been allocated before they opened the area up. You were taken to your table and it had your name card on it. When the fireworks started we all lined up at the front and there was room for all (this was the august last year)

Tinkerbell flies over the area - dd still swears that she waved directly at her!

Go and have a ball - it's fabulous!:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We did the Wishes Party in March. There were 6 of us. We all thought it was outstanding. They had so many different desserts and you could go back as often as you wanted. The view of the fireworks was also first rate. We had never done this before and I am sure that we would gladly do it again.:woohoo:

We did it and loved it. The food was GREAT, the view was PERFECT, Tink flies right over you. You are not crammed in like sardines down with the masses and you don't have to show up early since tables are assigned ahead of time.

We showed up, got our table, got our sweets, enjoyed the show then got more treats while the park cleared out. We could then stroll out of the park calmly and mostly by ourselves.

It is definitely something we plan to do on our next trip if it is an option.

Does anybody know why I can not make any reservations for Sept. I just tryed to and all the dates are blocked out from Sept on? :confused3 :sad1: Thats No Fun :lmao:

Are they definately offering it in September? If so, have they opened up the dates yet? Is it fully booked?

When you call the CM should be able to let you know why you can't get a space.

Just so you know, you may not see Tink. She didn't fly for some reason on the night we were there.

Does anyone know if it's available in Sept.? I looked online to book and it's all blocked out past July I think. We arrive on my birthday and are planning on doing the fireworks/parade that night and I'd LOVE to do this for my birthday treat if it's open.

There's a long thread under the reservations section about how they are capricious about when they open these reservations up. I just booked August a week or so ago. There's no rhyme or reason, and when you call, each CM gives you a different answer.

There's a long thread under the reservations section about how they are capricious about when they open these reservations up. I just booked August a week or so ago. There's no rhyme or reason, and when you call, each CM gives you a different answer.

:sad2: I guess im not the only one

I just called about December and the CM told me they are only able to book thru August. They are slowly opening it up month by month. So hopefully by Sept-Oct they will have December opened. I really wanted to get this for DD's birthday after eating at CRT, this would be perfect!

My daughter and I went over Labor Day week last year and loved it! We had a table right up front and Tinkerbell flew right over our heads--it was great! Be prepared to be stuffed; the desserts were wonderful :cloud9:

We've done the dessert party twice and loved it both times. We typically don't eat dinner that night - just a later light lunch. You want to be hungry because the desserts are yummy!

I love being able to sit down and relax a little bit and have a good view of the fireworks.

Tink did not fly over the second time we did this event either. It had been storming and raining all day (up until a few minutes before fireworks) so we assumed that was why she didn't fly. We actually thought they might cancel it and they said they almost never cancel the fireworks (and thus the party) due to weather. I was surprised that it seemed like almost everyone showed up. Of course, you do pay in advance.

I just called about December and the CM told me they are only able to book thru August. They are slowly opening it up month by month. So hopefully by Sept-Oct they will have December opened. I really wanted to get this for DD's birthday after eating at CRT, this would be perfect!

Cool beans :thumbsup2, I figured it had to be something like that, I guess it actually gives people a chance to book this. Smart on Disney's end if you think about it

We did it in Nov 09 for a MVMCP night and it was alot of fun, not crowded, great treats and a killer view of the Castle...they even had a Photo Pass person there taking pics for us

Would I do it again, yes but only on a party night when the parks are not crowded, we were there last month and walked by the Dessert Party and it was packed!

If you do it make sure you go hungry otherwise it is a total waste

We're going to try this as well in mid-December. I'm keeping my fingers crossed I get 4 spots since the reservation process sounds so disorganized. I called WDW Dining just to find out if that would be the number to call, and it is. CM said I basically need to call daily and they follow no 180-90-etc. day pattern for this or Candlelight Processional dining. :hippie:

I noticed on the website you have to pre-pay when you make your reservation. How much is it generally and what all do you get? This will be for 2 adults and 1 child.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter