• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread December 1-29 2012 Now Open!

Status
Not open for further replies.
An ADR thread was started 16 months out!! that's sick. lol

LOL, no when it started out the title said something like "July 2011 now open". I know because I was in it last year waiting for the July dates in 2011 to open. It's the same thread :banana:

The picture in front of the castle that we got from that photopass photog was the best of our trip :)

I can't wait! We've never gotten a photopass photo in front of the castle at night. :thumbsup2 I know I drive my family crazy with my insistence on getting as many photopass photos as possible. But it's the only way I get to be in the photos, too!:laughing: Well that, and I've pre-ordered the Photopass + for our trip.

We just had our dessert party last night! We booked within hours of June opening, and we were right in the front row! Great except that we have a tropical Storm coming through right now, so we got a little wet ;) There were 3 of us, so the theory that the front tables are only for parties of 2 was debunked! We sat by the sweetest mom and daughter from New Orleans! Loved them:)

I am always checking.... It makes me nervous! I am so excited!

So Question...... I am hoping to book for 9/17 which would be DH and my "date night".... because its our only night by ourselves, I still want to do dinner first. Our ADR for dinner is for 6:10.... Do you think I should try and make it earlier... like 4:30 or 5:00? (IF we get the date we want.)

This is our first dessert party, my DW and I had the same discussion. Because it looks like there will be so much to eat at the party, we're talking about probably having only a light lunch before. Hopefully, someone that has actually been before will answer, inquiring minds would like to know.

for those asking about bringing a tripod, it can be done. My boyfriends is a pro photographer and brought his to the dessert party last year. He set it up in a corner by the rail so he was out of the way of everyone watching the fireworks up there but had no issues.

We just had our dessert party last night! We booked within hours of June opening, and we were right in the front row! Great except that we have a tropical Storm coming through right now, so we got a little wet ;) There were 3 of us, so the theory that the front tables are only for parties of 2 was debunked! We sat by the sweetest mom and daughter from New Orleans! Loved them:)

We were a party of 3 last time and we were at the railing, too! I can't wait until they open Sept!!

We have a reservation for a 3:30 lunch at T-rex the day I want our res for. I'm figuring we'll has a cs breakfast that morning instead of something quick in room, then late lunch, then dessert for dinner. ;) I'm sure my kids won't protest!

Sorry if this is a daft quesion - first timer!!

I'm hoping for 12th September but how can I tell if that's a night it will happen on? :goodvibes

We just booked a Wishes dessert party. We are planning a trip pretty last minute but we found an opening for August 6th at 9:20pm. I was very surprised that there was an opening this late out but grateful for it.

Question - it says 9:20 but some people say to arrive earlier than that. What is the normal time to arrive to it?

Update: I did read the replies and saw that 9:00 is a normal arrival time and the smaller times are generally overlooked.

Last time we were here we watched the fireworks with everyone else and I agree that it is a nightmare! We could not fully enjoy them that way.

Soooo I'm hoping for September 2nd. I have been trying and trying to book online, and it shows no availability. After reading this, I see they're not open for booking September yet....is that right? Any idea when booking will open?

We just booked a Wishes dessert party. We are planning a trip pretty last minute but we found an opening for August 6th at 9:20pm. I was very surprised that there was an opening this late out but grateful for it.

Question - it says 9:20 but some people say to arrive earlier than that. What is the normal time to arrive to it?

Update: I did read the replies and saw that 9:00 is a normal arrival time and the smaller times are generally overlooked.

Last time we were here we watched the fireworks with everyone else and I agree that it is a nightmare! We could not fully enjoy them that way.

The general rule is that the Dessert party opens about 1 hour before the fireworks. However a line starts forming about 1.5 hrs before the fireworks begin. When we went about a month ago, they let us in at 8:40pm, and i saw some get in even sooner according to some threads. Again, it makes no difference when your reservation time is...you can enter long before it, as all tables/seats are pre-assigned. Hope this helps.:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter