Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread #3-book @ 180 Days Now!

Called again after hearing about the Illuminations Sparkling Desert Party. This CM was much more knowledgable. She already knew about both parties, and when I asked about dates for the Tomorrowland party, she said, "Let me check if those dates have been added yet" when it showed no availability. She confirmed that they haven't yet, and said to call back once a day in the morning, as that's when seating is added to the system. She was also able to book the Illuminations party, no problem. So, no matter what, I will get to go to at least some sort of dessert buffet. :banana:

I still want the Tomorrowland party, but at this point I'm not sure if I'd do both or cancel Illuminations if Tomorrowland becomes available. There's a free Fastpass for Illuminations, and I had already planned a night of our trip to use that. However, DH gets very impatient during Disney shows and parades, and refuses to wait in advance with crowds for good seating. Free food and wine would keep him entertained, and I'd get to enjoy both shows with prime seating and no complaints. So we might just keep both reservations. Either way, I'm excited to get at least one dessert party! party:

FYI: I called this morning and just booked the new Illuminations Sparkling Dessert Party at Epcot for end of August (8 pm, Wednesdays, Friday or Saturdays if I remember correctly).

They have openings via phone so it's a suitable back-up plan (albeit pricey) if you can't get into Wishes.

So I'm doing Illuminations dessert party on a Wednesday and Wishes dessert party that Friday. Anyone recommend a good diet plan and gym membership? ;)

How much is the Illuminations dessert party? This is the first I have heard of it, can you book it online or view it yet?

MonsterWDWmom said:
How much is the Illuminations dessert party? This is the first I have heard of it, can you book it online or view it yet?

Hi, it's $49.99 for adults (ages 10+) and $29.00 for kids (ages 3-9). I found out about it this morning when calling for the MK party. I did ask but there isn't another price for underage or non-drinkers. The higher price is probably because of the sparkling wine offered but no cheaper proce if you don't drink. Just food for thought.

Also, I believe it's only bookable via phone for now. HTH!

Hi, it's $49.99 for adults (ages 10+) and $29.00 for kids (ages 3-9). I found out about it this morning when calling for the MK party. I did ask but there isn't another price for underage or non-drinkers. The higher price is probably because of the sparkling wine offered but no cheaper proce if you don't drink. Just food for thought.

Also, I believe it's only bookable via phone for now. HTH!

Hi, Thanks! I do not think I will book this as I am not an alcohol drinker and my husband is not a fan of wine. i think we will opt for a reservation at Rose and Crown and ask for the patio to watch Illuminations. Thanks for the info! :wave2:

Wow! A party for Illuminations??? I love this forum; I would never have known or have been able to get great reservations without it! We did the dessert party last May and it was fabulous. The Illuminations party is definitely more expensive! Last year we made dinner reservations early and requested a viewing table for Illuminations. We had a window seat at La Hacienda de San Angel and watched illuminations and it was a great location to view the show. Plus it rained so we were inside while the show went on. I will have to add this to my list...I have to wait till May 10th to try and score reservations to any of these. I'm getting stressed worrying about the new booking process for these events.

So some of September has already opened and sold out? It's just I have yet to read from more than one person who has said this is the case...

Hoping something pops up from August 27th to 29th. Of course there is a spot for August 30th open but we will be doing the Luau for my bday.

Called again after hearing about the Illuminations Sparkling Desert Party. This CM was much more knowledgable. She already knew about both parties, and when I asked about dates for the Tomorrowland party, she said, "Let me check if those dates have been added yet" when it showed no availability. She confirmed that they haven't yet, and said to call back once a day in the morning, as that's when seating is added to the system. She was also able to book the Illuminations party, no problem. So, no matter what, I will get to go to at least some sort of dessert buffet. :banana:

I still want the Tomorrowland party, but at this point I'm not sure if I'd do both or cancel Illuminations if Tomorrowland becomes available. There's a free Fastpass for Illuminations, and I had already planned a night of our trip to use that. However, DH gets very impatient during Disney shows and parades, and refuses to wait in advance with crowds for good seating. Free food and wine would keep him entertained, and I'd get to enjoy both shows with prime seating and no complaints. So we might just keep both reservations. Either way, I'm excited to get at least one dessert party! party:

When are you looking for? For Tomorrowland Terrace I called a few times and was told they were not booking(nobody knew why it wasn't working) but I found out that all of the days I am looking for are fully booked. Someone had posted on this thread before and I found it worked after I wasted time trying for weeks of calling and only seeing 90 days out on my computer.
Instead of going to the specific restaurant to book, go to the reservations and search by Magic Kingdom and the date you are looking for and 9pm. If any times are available they will show up there. Of course I have found times but not on the dates I am trying for. Hope this helps!

When are you looking for? For Tomorrowland Terrace I called a few times and was told they were not booking(nobody knew why it wasn't working) but I found out that all of the days I am looking for are fully booked. Someone had posted on this thread before and I found it worked after I wasted time trying for weeks of calling and only seeing 90 days out on my computer.
Instead of going to the specific restaurant to book, go to the reservations and search by Magic Kingdom and the date you are looking for and 9pm. If any times are available they will show up there. Of course I have found times but not on the dates I am trying for. Hope this helps!

I'm booking for the week of September 7th-13th, ideally on the Thursday (11). From everything I've read, the tables for this week haven't been loaded into the system yet. I tried your method for looking at dates, and my days simply aren't there yet. But we're only a party of two, so I think our chances are good of scoring reservations if I make the effort to call early each day.

I'm booking for the week of September 7th-13th, ideally on the Thursday (11). From everything I've read, the tables for this week haven't been loaded into the system yet. I tried your method for looking at dates, and my days simply aren't there yet. But we're only a party of two, so I think our chances are good of scoring reservations if I make the effort to call early each day.

Hoping for the same date for a family of 5. No luck this morning.

Not loaded this morning for September 7th and beyond. (At least, that's what I'm assuming.) I got the same CM as Tuesday who said it was "booked up." When I asked her to ask if it was actually filled or simply not loaded, she said she'd find out. She put me on hold for literally five seconds, and then came back to say "booked up." I don't think she even asked anyone. Or knew who to ask. She sounded really new and nervous. I seem to get her every time I call at exactly 7:00 EST. Did anyone else hear anything more?

Just tried to call for Sept 13th and the CM I spoke with said they were only open through sept 7th so far and to call back each day. So bummed as the 13th is my actual birthday and would love to make this reso happen. Here's hoping it opens up soon!

Not loaded this morning for September 7th and beyond. (At least, that's what I'm assuming.) I got the same CM as Tuesday who said it was "booked up." When I asked her to ask if it was actually filled or simply not loaded, she said she'd find out. She put me on hold for literally five seconds, and then came back to say "booked up." I don't think she even asked anyone. Or knew who to ask. She sounded really new and nervous. I seem to get her every time I call at exactly 7:00 EST. Did anyone else hear anything more?

My lady checked and said not available to book when I asked her to check. So according to her its not booked up.

Anyone else feel like they have the responses to the prompts memorized at this point?

I called again this morning too. The CM checked and said it wasn't open for reservations yet, then checked to see if anyone had booked for my date (September 10). She verified no one was booked on that day yet. She advised me it was because they were still finalizing MNSSHP dates- as the CM told me yesterday.

Called at 7:15 and 8:45 this morning. Same story. Not showing that Sept 10th (or any day in Sept after the 7th) is available for booking.
Advice: keep calling back.:headache:

Here is the reply email I received today from Disney after I emailed them regarding the Dessert Party reservation process: "Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort. The policy has not changed for the dessert party. It can still be booked 60-90 days prior to arrival due to it being an outdoor venue. Our other locations such as Be Our Guest are booked 180 days in advance."

Such conflicting info every year?????!!!

Here is the reply email I received today from Disney after I emailed them regarding the Dessert Party reservation process:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

The policy has not changed for the dessert party. It can still be booked
60-90 days prior to arrival due to it being an outdoor venue. Our other
locations such as Be Our Guest are booked 180 days in advance."

?????!!!

So I guess those of us that were able to book that far ahead did so because of a "glitch"? I'm reserved for late August.

So I guess those of us that were able to book that far ahead did so because of a "glitch"? I'm reserved for late August.
Perhaps? But I'm not sure I trust this answer I got as accurate...very frustrating. But it's worth the aggravation it's an awesome party.

I don't think it was a glitch. Their own website says you can book 180 days out.

I really believe that they are finalizing MNSSHP dates before they load Wishes parties available after Sept 7th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter