Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread #3-book @ 180 Days Now!

This past week went to the dessert party one hour before the fireworks as told. We had to wait in a huge line to enter so it was really nice to know ahead of time there were assigned seats. (And we had an awesome table waiting for us!) All we needed upon check in was our name, however I had the printed confirmation number just in case. When we got there the line for the desserts was really long and it was really hard for my kids to manage as so many of the desserts in plastic cups just want to slide off the plate. We had a few messes and stresses before we decided the easiest for our table was for me just to go up a few times and load a few plates with various desserts for our family to sample and share. Once we did that, it was super relaxing and yummy. The view was awesome and our table was so fantastic that there was no room for anyone to even stand in front of us so we could sit the entire time at our table to watch and relax. I wasn't expecting that. :) Great night. Have a super time!

Realized yesterday that it is 180 days out to book dessert party. Nothing available the week we are going. :-( I will check daily for openings and hope for the best.

Realized yesterday that it is 180 days out to book dessert party. Nothing available the week we are going. :-( I will check daily for openings and hope for the best.

Good luck..... For my trip it was 60 days out & I missed out due to my child being sick. I check/ call everyday I can, hoping to get one. :(
8 until we leave still no luck! :(

Sorry for the questions because I'm sure they've already been answered (I just don't have time right now to go through this entire thread). Can this be booked online or do I have to call? If you can do it online, how do you know what is a good table?

You don't get to choose your table.

Sorry for the questions because I'm sure they've already been answered (I just don't have time right now to go through this entire thread). Can this be booked online or do I have to call? If you can do it online, how do you know what is a good table?

And you can book it online. The theory (from what those of us who've participated multiple times have observed) is that the earlier you book, the closer to the front your table will be.

And you can book it online. The theory (from what those of us who've participated multiple times have observed) is that the earlier you book, the closer to the front your table will be.

We booked the day it opened for ADRs and we got the very best table I felt. I called to book.

Thank you for the info! I think I'll try online first and then call if I'm having difficulty. I'm staying offsite so won't have 180+10 so will just try each day.

Wishes changed from 9 to 10 pm on Sun, Jan 19. I have a dessert party ressie for 8 pm. How will this change work? MDE still shows ressie time at 8 pm and Wishes 9 pm, although MDE does show the extended park hours to 1 am. Help!

Wishes changed from 9 to 10 pm on Sun, Jan 19. I have a dessert party ressie for 8 pm. How will this change work? MDE still shows ressie time at 8 pm and Wishes 9 pm, although MDE does show the extended park hours to 1 am. Help!

They pushed our dessert party back an hour too, however they called me personally and the change was reflected on MDE. I was told just to come one hour prior to the start of the fireworks. So on a night that they are at 10, you would arrive at 9. We got there early and there was a huge line. While there is reserved seating, it was a touch crazy getting the goodies. I'd get there earlier next time just to get in, be settled, and ready to enjoy. The evening goes fast ! :)

They pushed our dessert party back an hour too, however they called me personally and the change was reflected on MDE. I was told just to come one hour prior to the start of the fireworks. So on a night that they are at 10, you would arrive at 9. We got there early and there was a huge line. While there is reserved seating, it was a touch crazy getting the goodies. I'd get there earlier next time just to get in, be settled, and ready to enjoy. The evening goes fast ! :)

Thanks for the thoughts! I will check MDE shortly to see if the update has been changed.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone on this thread. We've been back from vacation for about a week and went to the dessert party our first night at MK. We booked our reservation back when we were all stalking to see when bookings opened. LOL Anyway - we had a GREAT time with a FABULOUS table and I seriously owe it to all my fellow stalkers on this thread...so thank you!

DSC00635_zpsc87e6777.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Hi guys, I will be canceling a reservation for New Years Eve at 10:30 for 7 ppl. If anyone is interested we can coordinate.

Hi, I will probably be canceling on the 26, you can e-mail me at villanueva.sh @gmail.com so we can coordinate.

I just realized I have done something incredibly stupid. After watching this board forever and securing our much desired ADR for this Friday, our first night, it suddenly occurs to me that we could get closed out. We weren't planning to get to MK until dinner time since we have a long drive, and even if we could make it earlier, the other family in our party had their flight moved back and couldn't get there until dinner anyway. I don't know why this didn't occur to me until now since I have planned our week thinking about crowds. I hope that if MK gets to capacity it reopens before our dessert party!

Laurie

I just realized I have done something incredibly stupid. After watching this board forever and securing our much desired ADR for this Friday, our first night, it suddenly occurs to me that we could get closed out. We weren't planning to get to MK until dinner time since we have a long drive, and even if we could make it earlier, the other family in our party had their flight moved back and couldn't get there until dinner anyway. I don't know why this didn't occur to me until now since I have planned our week thinking about crowds. I hope that if MK gets to capacity it reopens before our dessert party! Laurie
It got to capacity yesterday at 1:00. People were turned away from 1-3 only. I talked to the guy that seemed to be in charge of the dessert party for a while yesterday while we stood first in line. That is what he said.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter