Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread #3-book @ 180 Days Now!

That makes me feel better about my decision to do the party on a MVMCP night. Is there enough time to leave the party and find a decent spot for the parade in your opinion?

This is exactly why I started thinking it may not work to do the dessert party on MVMCP night. I wasn't sure how it would work with the parade. I was afraid on either end we would feel rushed. What time would you leave the dessert party to find a spot for the second parade?

From what I have read, the second parade is much less crowded than the first. I would imagine that after Wishes, people will start exiting the park rather quickly, which should free up spots to view the parade.

From what I have read, the second parade is much less crowded than the first. I would imagine that after Wishes, people will start exiting the park rather quickly, which should free up spots to view the parade.

Do you think we could snag a spot for Main Street at that point or do you think it will be too crazy with the masses leaving? Or do you think it sounds like you really don't have to work hard for a spot at the second parade? Not sure if it will work with my little one, but I'm liking the less crowded idea. Thanks!

Do most people leave the dessert party immediately after the fireworks or do people linger? Just curious the flow of the dessert party.

This is exactly why I started thinking it may not work to do the dessert party on MVMCP night. I wasn't sure how it would work with the parade. I was afraid on either end we would feel rushed. What time would you leave the dessert party to find a spot for the second parade?

I haven't really figured out the timing. I suppose I should do that today. I am kind of hoping to head over to Fronteirland for the second parade. But that has me trying to walk across the Hub and Main street when it's packed with people who just watched Wishes and are trying to leave, so it could be a challenge. I wonder if it would be better to go through Futureworld and head around the back of the castle to a parade spot. I just need to figure out how much time there is between the end of Wishes and the second parade, and where the second parade starts from.
I *think* I read it comes back up Main Street and ends in Fronteirland for the second one. Which would mean I'd have plenty of time.

Seating for the Dessert party is an hour before wishes, correct? Can you view Main Street Electrical Parade from the dessert party area? Is the view a good one or no? Or do you'll think this parade should be seen from the street? :confused3

Seating for the Dessert party is an hour before wishes, correct? Can you view Main Street Electrical Parade from the dessert party area? Is the view a good one or no? Or do you'll think this parade should be seen from the street? :confused3

You can't really see all the floats from the dessert party. As for the second parade at MVMCP, I am planning to just try to stake a spot at the hub as people are leaving but may do Frontierland as well.

Anyone know why MVMCP is not offer during the week leading up to Christmas?

I seriously doubt the calendar you are seeing is the final" one. I would not worry as the Dessert Party as always been offered during the MVMCP since it started in 2009.

I expect the dates will show as available once the December dates are loaded into the reservation system

Misread your question there is no Party Christmas week due to the crowds but the daily parade during that week is the same Christmas Parade from the party nights

Anyone know why MVMCP is not offer during the week leading up to Christmas?

The Christmas Party is not open the week up to Christmas because it is so busy they don't want to close the MK to only hard ticketed guests!

I would agree with this and also that's the week they start doing the holiday parade for regular guests too right? So really no "need for the party...

I am still stalking this thread even though I'm pretty sure I have ZERO space (not to mention funds lol) for this in our December trip!

FYI - for folks thinking about dessert party on a night of mvmcp...I was talking tons.good friend of mine (someone that has been to Disney more tmes than I can count) about this option and she said you can but typically on nights of the parties the fireworks are extra.special. That they shoot off ones around the sides of the park more and if you're on the terrace you wouldn't be able to see them. I do not know if this is true from experience, but wanted to put that out there in case it is true. Anyone know for sure?

the dessert party times are available now for Christmas week but nothing showing for the rest of the month - any ideas if it will be on during the rest of December?

Mrs Hobbes said:
the dessert party times are available now for Christmas week but nothing showing for the rest of the month - any ideas if it will be on during the rest of December?

What site are you using to see this. Just logged on to disneyworld.Disney.go.com and found the dessert party page and checked availability and I get nothing.

on the disney dining reservations page, if you go to the Dessert party page and select dates in christmas week it gives times as 9pm which to me means its available whereas the rest of December it still shows no times available

What site are you using to see this. Just logged on to disneyworld.Disney.go.com and found the dessert party page and checked availability and I get nothing.

Just to see what happened,I just did the same thing as you and I didn't get anything for December either.

Mrs Hobbes said:
on the disney dining reservations page, if you go to the Dessert party page and select dates in christmas week it gives times as 9pm which to me means its available whereas the rest of December it still shows no times available

Hmm...I'm stumped. I can pick times the whole month Christmas week included but when I choose find table I get no.availability.

Hmm...I'm stumped. I can pick times the whole month Christmas week included but when I choose find table I get no.availability.

Since December is not open yet, it will say there are no times available when you try to find a table.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter