Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me make sure I'm understanding correctly. The only benefit to lining up beforehand is food selection, right?

I think that's what people are saying. Just FYI, we've done this party NUMEROUS times and NEVER lined up. We have always booked the first time available and shown up basically at that time or a few minutes before. We've never had an issue with selection or availability of desserts. Anecdotal evidence, to be sure, but just wanted to share! :)

Got 9/16 for party of 2! Thank you all sooooo much! If it wasn't for this thread, I'd be clueless. I had to call because the website was giving me an error. The CM said they weren't booking September but I asked him to please check again. He says "well, look at that!" in a surprised tone and I was able to book. So excited! Thank you all and I hope everyone has wonderful trips!

Let me make sure I'm understanding correctly. The only benefit to lining up beforehand is food selection, right?

Absolutely. And then it might not even make a difference. There is an abundance of desserts that are restocked constantly (in our experience). We have been there when they run out of one dessert 20-30 minutes in, but it is (usually) replaced with a totally different dessert. Other times, a new dessert doesn't appear, but there is still a large selection. You're not going to miss a sugar-high!

:cool1: Booked mine for September 19 for a party of 7 :yay:
:worship: Thank you guys for helping me with my final ADR ;)

Now I just gotta pray for no rain that night and hopefully MSEP :banana:

Really happy to see people getting what they want. This gives me hope for Dec!! I hope you all have fun and good luck to all those waiting for Oct!:goodvibes

Thanks to all that answered. I was looking for 2 on 9/8. I made ressie for 3 that was what was available. Does anyone know if I cancel third person will they still let me keep my ressie?? Will they still let the 2 of us go with same ressie?? TIA

SJS do you know answer to this?? Thanks!

Thanks to all that answered. I was looking for 2 on 9/8. I made ressie for 3 that was what was available. Does anyone know if I cancel third person will they still let me keep my ressie?? Will they still let the 2 of us go with same ressie?? TIA

Not SJS, but yes. People do that all the time--make for an extra person and then call and cancel the extra. It's been advised on this thread many times with proof of it working. Many make the extra an under 3 so they don't have to pay up front.

LOL...that was the reservation I let go to do the dessert party! We are a party of either 3 or 5 and I was only able to get a ressie for 2 so I was going to do it with my daughter or my husband depending on how the plans panned out. We have fast passes for lunch for Friday 9/6 for our entire group so this was an extra ressie for us. We decided to do the dessert party with all five of us instead.

ENJOY! Glad someone I "know" got it.

Pardon the ROOKIE QUESTION, but do you mean you got Fast Passes for BOG? How do you do that? Is that an AP thing or something special?

School me please!! :-)

Ressies open up about 60 days prior, the whole month usually opens at one time. Sept is going to open very soon and Dec should open sometime in the beginning of Oct there are a few of us on here that are currently waiting for Dec but unfortunately we have some time to wait popcorn:: .

Thanks for the help. I guess I'll pull up a piece of curb nearby and wait for it to start :)

At last beem watching this thread for weeks phoned this morning and nothing, looked on here a few hrs later and OPEN!! Got my booking for 7 on sept 2, would like to say a big thank you xx

Pardon the ROOKIE QUESTION, but do you mean you got Fast Passes for BOG? How do you do that? Is that an AP thing or something special?

School me please!! :-)

BOG doesn't generally have fastpasses but, due to a Disney created mix up that caused them to have to cancel our dinner reservation, they offered my party fast passes for lunch any day the week we are there.

Many have reported booking an extra person then calling and canceling the extra person with no problem.

Having more time to eat before the show begins. The evening we went although there were about 6 CM's at the check-in Podium it was slow going to enter, one checked for you on the ADR list, one put the wristbands on your group and then another CM took your party to your table.
The buffet line itself is not as busy early on.

I have to say we went up to the rail to watch the memories show then went back to our seats for Wishes since we were in the first row and while we were at the rail a CM had cleared our table so our desserts and drinks were gone:(

I'm paranoid that even though I will most likely get a good table because I booked within the first 20 mins (or will I?) that some "insert word I can't say on the DIS" will park themselves right in front of our table, blocking our view. How valid are my concerns?

Sincerely,

A Lowly Dessert Party Newbie :-)

I'm paranoid that even though I will most likely get a good table because I booked within the first 20 mins (or will I?) that some "insert word I can't say on the DIS" will park themselves right in front of our table, blocking our view. How valid are my concerns?

Sincerely,

I am under the impression that the tables are for you to sit at and eat but when the fireworks start most everyone goes and stands up at the rail.
I think that your concerns are valid but if you are at a table near the rail you could just stand up in front of your own table. If someone else does, you can ask them to move over a little so you can see.

Looks like at least 4 of us on here for 9/26 - popular date!! Glad you got it, too... and for her birthday - how special! :)
Yes, a happy birthday for sure! I see you have been many times- do you recall if there is a photopass photographer available at the party? Thanks so much!

Sincerely,

After watching the memories castle show we returned to our front row table and
We were able to sit and watch Wishes from our table, no one stood at the railing directly in front of us just on either side at the railings. I suppose it all depends on the Party goers on any particular evening

Sincerely,

Easy WDW has one of the best pictured reviews I've seen when you want to get an idea of tables.

A lot of the tables aren't "next to" the rails, although some are, so you have plenty of space between those standing at the rails and your table. We have been seated at a table next to the rail, and no one stood in front, most gather where there is no room. We've also been seated at the front row that is spaced further back. We have never had a problem staying seated and watching the show with an unobstructed view.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter