Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my dear friends, my comrades in seeking an August Dessert Party date, we have been thwarted once again!!! August is STILL not open. :badpc: Just for fun, I put in a date of July 23rd, you know, just so I could test my system to see if it actually WORKED??? Well, it DID work and there was actually an OPENING for the Dessert Party on July 23rd!! Too bad I don't get to Orlando until July 31st!!!! :rotfl2: BUT, at least I know that my computer works and that it IS capable of making Dessert Party Reservations when they do truly become available for August.

Thanks for the update...maybe later today or at least later this week?? :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I am stalking for a September date, but the pattern seems to be.....they open them late morning. Don't give up hope, I still think today may be the day for you guys!!! Then I will have to become the crazy, nervous wreck checking daily for September! :cool1:

I need help deciding which date I should be trying to get the dessert party. Any thoughts?

I currently do not have park hoppers. My planned MK days are:
8/18 (dinner at Ohanas at 5)
8/19 (dinner at Be Our Guest at 7:30).

So I am considering 8/18.

Other option is to do it on 8/24, our last night, which I really like the idea of that. But to do it I'd either have to change that to an MK day, which would mean 3 MK days and only 1 Epcot day, OR buy park hoppers.

So what would you do???? :)

I need help deciding which date I should be trying to get the dessert party. Any thoughts?

Other option is to do it on 8/24, our last night, which I really like the idea of that. But to do it I'd either have to change that to an MK day, which would mean 3 MK days and only 1 Epcot day, OR buy park hoppers.

I vote for 8/18, not ideal, but still good :)

I apologize if this has been addressed already, but if I'm looking for a September date when is the earliest that I should start checking? I'm assuming calling now is useless if August isn't open yet.

Personally I would cancel the Ohana dinner & do a lighter counter service for dinner at 5 on 8/18.

Personally I would cancel the Ohana dinner & do a lighter counter service for dinner at 5 on 8/18.

This is a possibility. I want to do Ohanas at some point during the trip though....anyone know if Ohanas easily accesible from Epcot? I could move our Ohanas night to our last day and then do Wishes Dessert on 8/19. That would actually be perfect (assuming I can get into Ohanas!)

We are first time visitors so I don't know much about transportation around the World.... Probably should start researching that now and stop thinking so much about food!!

This is a possibility. I want to do Ohanas at some point during the trip though....anyone know if Ohanas easily accesible from Epcot? I could move our Ohanas night to our last day and then do Wishes Dessert on 8/19. That would actually be perfect (assuming I can get into Ohanas!)

We are first time visitors so I don't know much about transportation around the World.... Probably should start researching that now and stop thinking so much about food!!

That wouldn't be bad if you can get a reservation! You can just take the monorail to the poly from EPCOT :) good luck finding that reservation! (I wouldn't cancel the other one until you've booked the new one)

That wouldn't be bad if you can get a reservation! You can just take the monorail to the poly from EPCOT :) good luck finding that reservation! (I wouldn't cancel the other one until you've booked the new one)

Yeah, I just checked and all they have available is 9:40. That's a bit late for my 5 year old... I'll keep checking periodically and see what I can get. :)

Yeah, I just checked and all they have available is 9:40. That's a bit late for my 5 year old... I'll keep checking periodically and see what I can get. :)

Try subbing to the August cancelation board, too :)

I would book the dessert party for the 18th. If you can move the O'Hana ADR, might work a bit better, but the night we're doing the dessert party (or hoping to anyway) we have a 4:45 ADR at CRT. Fireworks aren't until 10 when we're there so I don't think we'll be too full by 9ish for the party.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Sorry, i'm getting into this conversation late and may have only seen a little of the conversation, but ...
there is only one time for the dessert party. If the fireworks start at 10, then you will be admitted between 8:30 - 9pm. The times Disney gives are for their computing purposes, but all can enter at the same time. Regardless, the fireworks would start at 10. They have the projection show about 15 minutes or so before that.
I only mention the above because you're mentioning that 9:40 is a bit late for your child. Just wanted to let you know that those times are irrelevant to the entrance of the party, and the stationed time of the fireworks.
If you want to go to the dessert party and can get in at the "9:40" time, then you're in. If you wait too late, you might not get in at all. :thumbsup

EDIT TO ADD: OK, just read the above posts. i'll feel really stupid if you were referring to getting an O'hana's reservation and was not talking about the dessert party! :rotfl2::joker:

Wow! I was checking posts since May 15 to see if anyone booked for June or July....

All posts were for the August (or later) arrival...over 300 posts! :scared1:

Sorry for the wait everyone...i know it's frustrating. For those of us a few months ago, they gave us less than 30 days before our month's opened up. Hope you all have a better situation open up for you! :thumbsup2

Sorry, i'm getting into this conversation late and may have only seen a little of the conversation, but ...
there is only one time for the dessert party. If the fireworks start at 10, then you will be admitted between 8:30 - 9pm. The times Disney gives are for their computing purposes, but all can enter at the same time. Regardless, the fireworks would start at 10. They have the projection show about 15 minutes or so before that.
I only mention the above because you're mentioning that 9:40 is a bit late for your child. Just wanted to let you know that those times are irrelevant to the entrance of the party, and the stationed time of the fireworks.
If you want to go to the dessert party and can get in at the "9:40" time, then you're in. If you wait too late, you might not get in at all. :thumbsup

EDIT TO ADD: OK, just read the above posts. i'll feel really stupid if you were referring to getting an O'hana's reservation and was not talking about the dessert party! :rotfl2::joker:

I was talking about the Ohanas reservation, ahah!! No worries :)

Just got back from our trip and we did the dessert party twice - Monday and Saturday. It was fantastic. My husband said the only way he wants to see MK fireworks is with the dessert party. The desserts are awesome, even though you eat yourself sick almost, and the fireworks view is amazing. Keep trying to get your reservations and stalking this thread! It is well worth it! I hope everyone trying is able to get there ressie!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter