Wishes Dessert Party ADR Watch Thread # 2 - September 2013 OPEN!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to share some info about my experience booking this for February 14th...it will be our first trip to Disney ever and we are doing 4 parks in 4 days. It just so happens that February 14th is our Magic Kingdom day and I have been diligently tracking this thread and checking the Disney reservations daily. Until the Holidays...I kind of got lax about it especially when I read on here that it may be because of the renovations and that maybe there will be no Dessert Party in February.

Anyway, I checked this thread yesterday and immediately got on the computer to make a res for 5 people on Feb 14th. No luck. I tried 2 people. No luck. I called and was on hold when I tried 3 people. Ding, ding, ding!!! Whipped out the cc and made a res for 3. I am still on hold. I go back in and try to make a separate reservation for 2. No luck. I try 5 again. Nope. I try 3 again...and I get it.

So I can book 3 or I can book 6 but I can't book 5?!?! I hung up after being on hold and I will call back at some point and cancel one person on one of my ressies. Anyone else have such a hard time getting a certain number of people? I am out the money for now but I am sooo happy I got the ressies...it was the last thing I was waiting on to make our trip super Magical!

Can someone tell me what the exact prices are for "regular" season? All I can find is the scale, or old prices...

Can someone tell me what the exact prices are for "regular" season? All I can find is the scale, or old prices...

There really isn't a way to give you an exact price because it depends on the day. Since they only release a month at time no one knows for sure what March, April, etc will be since they are not for sale yet.

TinkerMarie said:
Woo! Last night I booked Feb 8 for the five of us. Will anyone else be there that night?

I am hoping too but haven't been able to book yet. I am trying to make it a surprise for my DH for his birthday. Hopefully it won't sell out by the time I get to call.

I am hoping too but haven't been able to book yet. I am trying to make it a surprise for my DH for his birthday. Hopefully it won't sell out by the time I get to call.

Aww! It's for DD's birthday too. If you see a tiny Princess Aurora wearing earmuffs (she loves fireworks but not the BOOM), that's us. :lmao:

There really isn't a way to give you an exact price because it depends on the day. Since they only release a month at time no one knows for sure what March, April, etc will be since they are not for sale yet.
I thought the price differences were based on the different "seasons" like everything else? Everything I've read says something about "regular" and "peak" pricing. I guess for now I'll just assume it's $25.99 and $13.99, if it's the lower rate I will save a few bucks. :thumbsup2

Missy13d69 said:
I thought the price differences were based on the different "seasons" like everything else? Everything I've read says something about "regular" and "peak" pricing. I guess for now I'll just assume it's $25.99 and $13.99, if it's the lower rate I will save a few bucks. :thumbsup2

I don't think that is accurate. February isn't a "peak" season and the price is $23.99 for the day I am going Feb 3rd and I have never seen it $13.99. Plus who knows when they will up the price since they only release a month at a time.

We have pre-paid about $25.50 each, "including tax and 18% gratuity" for Feb.

Is it still a "gratuity" when you're forced to pay? Sounds like a tax to me. I have issues with tips anyway, I feel strongly that if you pay a person a salary thats it, shouldn't have to expect tips. Just my two cents....or gratuity.

Is it still a "gratuity" when you're forced to pay? Sounds like a tax to me. I have issues with tips anyway, I feel strongly that if you pay a person a salary thats it, shouldn't have to expect tips. Just my two cents....or gratuity.

the problem waiters and waitresses dont get paid minumum wage even, so they depend on tips to make any kind of money, they get like 3 or 4 bucks an hour where i live. if they give great service i pay 20%..otherwise 10 or 15% is plenty

I don't think that is accurate. February isn't a "peak" season and the price is $23.99 for the day I am going Feb 3rd and I have never seen it $13.99. Plus who knows when they will up the price since they only release a month at a time.

$13.99 is the children's rate for "peak" season....

the problem waiters and waitresses dont get paid minumum wage even, so they depend on tips to make any kind of money, they get like 3 or 4 bucks an hour where i live. if they give great service i pay 20%..otherwise 10 or 15% is plenty

Thank you for pointing this out!! It annoys me when people assume that because someone is working they must make minimum wage. It's not the case for waiters and waitresses. I don't know about in Disney, but where I live I have friend that are waiters and they make about $2 an hour. I am always amazed at people that don't tip - unless you had the absolute worst service ever, you should always give something, in my opinion.

brucerob62 said:

Also, a waiter/waitress gets taxed on his or her pay check based on food sales. Meaning that their pay check is taxed based on the food you eat. When I was a waitress I had to claim 8% of my sales on my time card. So if a waitress sold $1000 in food then they have to claim $80 as income. So if everyone doesn't tip then they get screwed in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter