Wishes Cruise Question

phyllisnnj

Mouseketeer
My ninety day reservation window starts this week for the Firework Cruise.

Just wondering how long is the Wishes Fireworks Cruise? Do you get to see the Electric Water Parade? Which is the best area to pick up the cruise?

Thanks

Phyllis

The cruise lasts about 45 minutes I would say.

You board around 8:30 and then take a tour of Bay Lake and the Seven Seas Lagoon. Provided your driver is good he/she will provide you with lots of information on Disney history etc. After the tour your driver will then park you infront of the Magic Kingdom near the island on the Seven Seas Lagoon about 5 minutes before showtime.

Afterwards our driver swung around to the GF and we were able to watch the electric water parade.

It was a fun cruise and was worth every penny I spent on it.

Also, I'm not sure if there is a "best" place to get picked up. I am a huge fan of the Poly so we were picked up there, so it's all up to you.

P.S. If it is a romantic cruise it is wonderful with just two people, the boat is so big. Makes you feel like a king/queen.

I agree... that's the time line for the cruise. We did it last summer during our stay at the WL, so we got picked up there, which was quite convenient.

It was amazing :love: , everyone loved it. We did see the water pageant 2x actually, as we toured the 7 seas lagoon. Our tour guide was quite nice, and very informative. It was well worth the money :thumbsup2

We got to really see Tinkerbell soaring through the sky, which my little guy truly loved :Pinkbounc It was just so peacefull out there, and pretty.

Have fun, we are going back to WL this year, but going to skip the cruise..keeping it simple this time around. :sunny:

We have one booked too in June so thanks for the info. We aren't being picked up until 9:30 though since fireworks that night are at 10:00, we have to be at the dock by 9:15.

Do you have your choice of location to be picked up? We are staying at the GF and it would be great if we were lucky enough to get a cruise, and even more perfect if they could pick us up at our resort. This is our first trip to WDW and would love to do this cruise. What is the water pagent?

We were able to choose where we were to get picked up from. We chose WL just on the suggestion of the CM making the reservation, saying we get a bit more of a cruise because of the distance, I dunno if that's true or not. It seemed to be about an hour. It was wonderful, we had a very nice college aged girl as our capt. We did see the Electric Water Pagaent from the boat and it was cute. It was a great cruise and worth every penny of it, even for me a single mom surprising my parents and my kids with the cruise. My parents because they paid for the whole trip other than the cruise and my kids because it's something they'll never forget.

From the ALLEARSNET website

The Electrical Water Pageant is a nightly display that makes its circuit around Seven Seas Lagoon and Bay Lake for the Magic Kingdom area resorts.

Although the pageant generally follows the schedule below, check with the Guest Services Desk at your Magic Kingdom Resort for times during your stay. Inclement weather can cause cancellation of the pageant.

Polynesian Resort -- 9 p.m.
Grand Floridian -- 9:15 p.m.
Wilderness Lodge -- 9:35 p.m.
Fort Wilderness -- 9:45 p.m.
Contemporary Resort -- 10:05 p.m.
Magic Kingdom -- 10:20 p.m. (only during extended MK park
hours)

Note that when the Magic Kingdom Fireworks are scheduled for 9 p.m., the Electrical Water Pageant runs about 7-20 minutes later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter