Wishes Cruise - How to Surprise DW

dlaushey

Mouseketeer
I have a Wishes Cruise booked as a surprise for DW's big 40. We have never done one of these crusies. I was wondering if I will have to tell her before the boat picks us up or can we just wonder around the dock and then have her be surprised when the boat with the Birthday Banner shows up? When and who do I pay. We are getting picked up at the Grand Floridian around 8:00p. I also have an ADR for the GFCafe at 5:30p.

Any suggestions/advice from those who have been on a Wishes Cruise.

Only 2 more weeks until we leave!! :cool1:

Thanks!

You can walk around the dock but will have to pay before you board the boat. When we did our cruise we were picked up at the Poly and the dock had 5 boats in it that were all decorated, all but one took off to other resorts. So you may be able to wait around and watch the boat come in, I think it depends on where the boats are docked that day.

As far as paying we had to pay at the marina rental booth with the driver.

So you paid after you met the Captain?

I would really like to wonder around the resort after dinner (gift shop, lobby etc) and then wonder out by the pool and dock (around 7:45) and comment to her "Oh I wonder who that boat is for?" (assuming it is there or coming towards the dock) and then have her be surprised that it is for her!

That is my ideal scenario but will play it by ear once I'm there. The 2 of the 3 kids don't know about it either so they too will be surprised.

It's likely that you could wander around and make that comment especially if the boat is docked there. Even if the boat is coming from another dock it should be a little early and you could still surprise her.

And yes we introduced ourselves to the captain, made sure the boat was ours and went and paid with him.

I am sure your wife will love the cruise, its a great experience. Good luck!

I just did that on Friday. I didnt tell my DH and DD what we were doing that night. But they did know we were doing something special. Got to the Contemporary, went down to marina, I paid the captain and we went out. They sort of were figuring it out when we got to Marina. Try to get her there, divert her attention while you pay captain ( I told him my familydidnt know) and then go to dock. Boat was there already so we didnt wait for it to come. It was great by the way, lots of fun. Took us all around Bay Lake and showed things, etc...

I'm surprised you can't give your CC # when you make your reservation and be charged for it then. I think that pulling out your wallet and paying before the event begins kind of ruins the atmosphere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter