Wishes at the Poly?

Spoisal

DIS Veteran
When you are at the Poly - I am pretty sure I know where you can see wishes from, but what areas can you actually hear the music? I am guessing the GCH? How about the pool...or the beach?

When we were there in Aug it was hard to hear it from the beach area. You had to get very close to the speakers and even then it was pretty soft. We could hear it from Ohana, but not sure about other parts of GCH.

I have heard the music on the beach around the Hawaii Longhouse, I have heard it from waiting area by Ohana and while I was at the Kona Island Sushi Bar.

We stayed at Poly a couple weeks ago and we could actually hear the music pretty well from the beach. Several nights, we sat on the beach right in front of the Hawaii building and could hear the music.

I did find that you could hear it much better by grabbing one of the beach chairs and dragging it towards the back of the beach, right next to the sidewalk. If you get there early enough, you shouldn't have a problem getting a chair and doing this.

All around the Poly grounds there are hidden speakers that appear part of the landscaping. I think they resemble big mushrooms? (I meant to take a photo last time, sorry I forgot.) The speakers are used to play Polynesian music throughout the grounds to add to the theme of the resort. During the MK fireworks, the soundtrack plays through these speakers. They line most of the walkways and the beaches, and are also all over the pool areas. If you scope out the speakers before fireworks start, listen for the music and stand where you can both see the castle and hear the music, you will be able to hear the fireworks soundtrack. Make sure you are next to a working speaker with adequate volume. Sometimes a speaker isn't working and sometimes the volume is very low, so you have to stand really close. I guess occasionally, there are problems with the overall sound system and people report they aren't able to hear it at all, but if all is working as it should be, you'll be good to go.

We love watching Wishes from the beach in front of Hawaii, the walking path toward Tahiti, the boat dock, or the volcano pool. ENJOY!:goodvibes

Does anybody have any pictures of wishes from poly beach? I would like to gauge the view. After planning on watching wishes from the beach the last two trips and then skipping, I swear we are finally going to in April, especially since we won't be at the MK this time at all. Thanks!

Go, it is fun to watch, a big plus is no crowds like in MK. You may need to stand near a speaker if you want to hear the music though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter