WISH'ers, what types of things are you doing to motivate yourself?

snoopy

<font color=green>This space for rent<br><font col
I have several things I am doing:

1) I have this picture of myself, at my fattest, hanging on my fridge door. It was taken this past December at DIS Con, and I just CRINGE whenever I see it here on the DIS. :( So I figured I'd print it, hang it on my fridge door, and after I lose the weight I will ask the person who took the picture to destroy the evidence and use a new, skinny shot of me instead. :)

2) This past weekend I went out and bought an outfit in a size 8. I'm a good two sizes away from that now, but I know I can get back there. DH couldn't figure out why I would actually *BUY* a new outfit that was two sizes too small, but men never do seem to understand, do they? :teeth: I guess I could have motivated myself with all the size 8 clothes in my closet, but something new seemed to make me want to wear it all the more. :)

So what types of motivational techniques are you using?

Great ideas Snoopy! :)

Well, I watch our video from last Octobers DCL trip....whoa, was I big! you never realize how big you really are until you see yourself on the TV! UGH!!!! That is motivation!

Plus, we are going on two DCL cruises in October this year and I am determined to lose this weight before I go!

I remind myself how much better I will look and feel......confidence is a wonderful motivator!

Kamy :)

I have a picture of me at about 200 lbs bookmarked on all my computers...when ever I have the urge to cheat I look at it. It is also on my fridge.

I visit this site and I use fitday.com to see my progress.

Also, set attainable goals...my last goal is 120...and I am hoping to do it by Memorial day :)

I think the best thing to motivate though, is when you get that occassional comment..like WOW you look awesome!!!

I look at the photos of me at DISCON :rolleyes: I read success stories and I look at a photo of me when I was much smaller (and younger)....

Actually, I've only been on a weight loss eating plan for 3 1/2 weeks I'm still pretty motivated.

I joined Weight Watchers today......And I think this site will be helpful too :)

Also, a lot of people I know are just starting diets so we'll be support for each other.

Keep the ideas coming, folks! I need motivation right now!

I'm very motivated by other people's success stories. It gives me a lot of hope that I can succeed too! Reading this board is helping me a lot! :teeth:
I have some pictures that I look at where I really do not like what I see there. I mean, that couldn't possibly be me in those pictures looking like that, could it? :confused: It helps me to see the truth instead of letting my mind trick me into thinking I look a lot smaller than I really am!
I also dug out a pair of jeans that I'd like to be able to fit into again and remind myself how much better I'll feel physically when I can fit into them again.
Last, but most certainly not least is the next trip we're planning to WDW in May. We will be spending a lot of our time looking at houses in the area, but we will be hitting the parks, too. I want to be able to house hunt all day and hit the parks at night instead of having to go back to the room for a nap!

Buying new clothes is the greatest motivator I have. I even enjoy buying new workout clothes since I work out at a gym!

I reward myself with things I like. When I reach a weight loss goal I may:

Get a manicure or pedicure. Every time I look at my nails it helps to reinforce my good eating and exercise.

Buy a nice bottle of bubble bath.

Buy some special exercise socks with Disney characters. I only wear them to the gym.

Get a massage. All the money that I am saving from not buying junk food goes into the massage fund.

All of my rewards do not include food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter