Wish Trippers...Unite!! Volume One

Wow, that sounds like a wild week. Glad that WDW and GKTW made it so much better. Karen

Thanks for filling us in on your week, Holly!:woohoo: :eek: :thumbsup2 It sounds like you all bounced back and made the best of everything. Awesome you got to do the Wishes cruise and the front of the monorail! :cool1: Sorry Mike wasn't feeling too hot. Hope he's doing better! :flower3:
When I told the person at the picture stand that Cody had a seizure and was in bed, they all stirred around and then told me to go back to the villa. 15 minutes later, Belle showed up with Mickey and Minnie and visited Cody in his bedroom. We got awesome pictures. Then, a while later, Goofy and Pluto arrived, also with Belle. More great pictures. Belle also brought us a paper with "signatures" from every major character in the park. Wow!
WOW! How awesome are Belle and the other characters!:hug: to Cody!

Staci...glad to see you again..it had been awhile!! :goodvibes You got some great deals!!! SOOOO awesome that Trevor's heart is STRONGER!!! :cool1: The whole packing thing....yeah....I started early too. :sad2: :rotfl:

Glad to know there are other people that are obsessive with the small things like I am :lmao:

Thanks for the kind words, we are really EXCITED aobut everything :banana:

Hollysox...

God Bless you! My, my, my....just a little Disney drama. I don't know what it is about WDW and wish families, but we always seem to have something going on there...run away wheel chairs...melt downs and medical emergencies! I am so glad that your husband got the hospital and all was well. I think the name of the town is Celebration and the hospital was named after the town. It is one of those planned communities.

My son has seizures too, they are petit mal, but they sap his energy. We would have had to stay at the village all day too. It was awesome that Belle and company came to your villa to visit your son!

When things settle down for you we would love to hear more!

Elisa

So I am going back and forth on bringing my own stroller. I can't decide. I know the stroller at the parks is complimentary. But we are planning on going shopping and to the beach also. What about from the car to the park entrance, am I close enough with the parking passes to not worry about this? Also, is there a line to rent the strollers? Wondering if we will have to split up if I have to stand in line to get a stroller? My own stroller I could use in the airport and she could nap in it in the park. I hear the park strollers aren't good for napping. Does anyone have a picture of the strollers? I thought I saw one once before? Any personal experience on what you did and would/wouldn't do next time?

I am really on the fence on this one and need to make a decision. She is 3 years old, so she can and likes to walk some. But, I want it to be convienent as possible.

~Hollysox - You have such a positive outlook. Glad that DH and DS are doing well. Did I miss DH's diagnosis? Was it Kidney stones? You mentioned popcorn, I have diverticulitis and mine is triggered from popcorn. It feels like Gall Bladder/Kindey Stones :confused3

Staci:

It sounds like you would feel more comfortable with your own stroller. We were never too far away from the gates when we parked with our GKTW button, so the walk was not bad on my son. I was able to get a double stroller and push two children, which made for a lot less whining. Here is a link of stroller faqs from Allears....it shows mainly singles, but the picture of the blue strollers has some doubles on the far right.

http://www.allears.net/pl/strol_faq.htm

Here is a picture of my 8 and 5 year old in a double at Epcot and another of the ones waiting in the wings in the morning.

WeekendPlusMonday021.jpg

WeekendPlusMonday020.jpg

~Hollysox - You have such a positive outlook. Glad that DH and DS are doing well. Did I miss DH's diagnosis? Was it Kidney stones? You mentioned popcorn, I have diverticulitis and mine is triggered from popcorn. It feels like Gall Bladder/Kindey Stones :confused3

He did have a kidney stone. The ER doc said he thought it would have to be surgically removed, but it passed yesterday. Friday was the worst day of pain that he had.

I went back to work today.. talk about getting slapped in the face with reality. ;) But, it was so wonderful having a vacation for the 1st time in so very long.

It's funny about my outlook... my life has been FULL of obstacles and heartaches. I won't bore you all with them, but suffice it to say that the soap operas have nothing on my family of origin, my childhood and the rocky road I've taken to adulthood. Just since Mike and I have been married we have endured broken plumbing resulting in a massive flood in our 1st house, my period of drug addiction and job loss, bankruptcy, infertility, a house fire that destroyed almost everything we owned, and the medical problems, ai yi yi. Mike: back surgery 2003, hip surgery 2005, again 3 times in 2007. Me: carpal tunnel, gallbladder, bladder, foot surgeries. Cody: epilepsy with multiple hospital stays and an appendectomy in 2006. Mikey has had 4 sets of ear tubes. Even our dog has had issues. :lmao:

I've learned that life throws crap at you no matter how you respond. Getting all upset and having a hissy just means you are having a hissy while covered with crap. I choose to be happy. :) If my kids don't learn anything else from me, I hope they remember that when things got tough, we all hung together and continued to have a good time regardless.

:grouphug: This is the greatest little place for me. I love that each of you totally gets what it means to be in this "club". It's heartbreaking and breathtaking and a thousand other points along the spectrum. I am so profoundly grateful for being given this trip for Cody, but would give anything I own not to have qualified. I am so glad that y'all understand exactly what I mean.

Thanks for being here!

Holly

I have learned so much about GKTW and how to get around at Disney and the other parks. I am trying to be patient - I am such a planner ....Our wish organization doesn't like to make the airline reservations until 1 month out. Therefre, I don't really know our schedule yet. In fact, I don't any of the details except the dates and that our space at GKTW is reserved! I know they will cover the airfare and rental car and provide some spending money but I don't know how much. Therefore, we are holding off on making any character reservations, or MVMCP tickets. If you make a character reservation - can you cancel it? I thought I read somewhere you couldn't....there is so much information.

We only found out in October that our wish was granted in December so there hasn't been much time to really plan or think about much - I just looked at the calendar and we are days away from the 30 day out mark!!!!!!! :eek:

Thanks to reading all the posts from you guys - I know it will be a magical time. :cheer2:

I have learned so much about GKTW and how to get around at Disney and the other parks. I am trying to be patient - I am such a planner ....Our wish organization doesn't like to make the airline reservations until 1 month out. Therefre, I don't really know our schedule yet. In fact, I don't any of the details except the dates and that our space at GKTW is reserved! I know they will cover the airfare and rental car and provide some spending money but I don't know how much. Therefore, we are holding off on making any character reservations, or MVMCP tickets. If you make a character reservation - can you cancel it? I thought I read somewhere you couldn't....there is so much information.

We only found out in October that our wish was granted in December so there hasn't been much time to really plan or think about much - I just looked at the calendar and we are days away from the 30 day out mark!!!!!!! :eek:

Thanks to reading all the posts from you guys - I know it will be a magical time. :cheer2:

I made reservations for Crystal Palace with the Pooh gang and they didn't even ask for a credit card so I am sure you can cancel. In fact I believe I heard or read that a pretty big percentage of reservations are cancelled or changed so even if something is full you should always try again or shortly before you want to go because they may have openings at the last minute.

How exciting that your trip is coming up so quickly- we still have 2 months but I still feel like it will be here soon and we have known since August.

Staci:

Here is a picture of my 8 and 5 year old in a double at Epcot and another of the ones waiting in the wings in the morning.

WOW!! Your little boys are so darn cute, and super cool with those sunglasses :cool2:

I am thinking maybe I will bring my own, I can always check in at the gate in the airport. I can also leave it in the villa if I decide to use the ones at WDW. We just won't be breaking away from any fun time for nap time....no sirrreeeee this is the trip of a lifetime for us :banana:

He did have a kidney stone. The ER doc said he thought it would have to be surgically removed, but it passed yesterday. Friday was the worst day of pain that he had.

OUCH!! Glad to hear that he passed it, I have heard that compared to child birth for men. :eek:

Your life seems like it has been full of twists and turns. It is so great that you are so open about it. You are a person of experience ;) Glad you were able to have such a good time, I envy that you were so positive about all the mishaps. DH is like that, but ummmm....I am more of a temper tantrum gal, but getting A LOT BETTER :rolleyes1

Congratulations on having your wish granted!! I too wondered about making any reservations. I called and for the ressies that I had to give my credit card there is a $10 fee if you don't cancel 24 hours in advance. They don't charge your card at all unless you don't cancel. I found this to be true for most major character dining experiences and for the Bibbity Bobbity Boutique. We went through Make-A-Wish and they provided MVMCP tickets for us. I simply phoned them and asked if it was included or if we should buy them. I would have gladly purchased them. Our Wish Manager insisted that she purchase them for us. :wizard:

As for spending money - it seems to be a topic nobody chooses to discuss because different wish granting agencies give a different amount. However, when I find out how much we are getting I will gladly share. Not to expose any agency or brag. But to help other future Wish families budget for any potential expense since everyone spends differently and will dine differently. :thumbsup2

Good Luck to you - Keep us posted

I am thinking maybe I will bring my own, I can always check in at the gate in the airport. I can also leave it in the villa if I decide to use the ones at WDW. We just won't be breaking away from any fun time for nap time....no sirrreeeee this is the trip of a lifetime for us :banana: !!

Staci, check with your wish org. regarding the stroller. Ours rented us one through kidsinsafetyseats.com They dropped it off at GKTW for us. We even called on our check out day to see if we could rent it for two more days (paying ourselves). They said no prob and they picked it up at Saratoga Springs on the day we left. We ended up using that one for Karmyn and the rented ones for Koryn. I am glad we had them rent us one, Karmyn fell asleep easliy in it. There might be a pic of both girls in their respective strollers in my TR. I didn't want to break away for the naps either!!! :rotfl:

Ask your wish org about the MVMCP tickets. Just call and say you would like to go. I wish we would have with MNSSHP. Then we would have saved the hassle of trying to return our tickets because MAW had gotten us some also. Ressies....make them!! If I remember correctly, meals at the castle are the only ones that require a credit card when you reserve and if you don't cancel you will get charged something. I think with everything else you should be ok on making ressies now. You can even cancel the day of if you change your mind on your plans for that day. Spending money....you should have plenty!!!! :thumbsup2

Ask your wish org about the MVMCP tickets. Just call and say you would like to go. I wish we would have with MNSSHP. Then we would have saved the hassle of trying to return our tickets because MAW had gotten us some also. Ressies....make them!! If I remember correctly, meals at the castle are the only ones that require a credit card when you reserve and if you don't cancel you will get charged something. I think with everything else you should be ok on making ressies now. You can even cancel the day of if you change your mind on your plans for that day. Spending money....you should have plenty!!!! :thumbsup2

I know I should ask them but I didn't want to sound too pushy. My dh had to push me to find out what I did about tickets, etc. They should be calling soon with our airlines so maybe I could ask about the MVMCP then. The MVMCP is sold out on one night we will be there and the other night is the day we arrive. I would love to be able to drop our stuff off and have that be their first night at Disney but without knowing the flights and timing, I cannot order the tickets. What characters did you see at GKTW - I know Minnie & Mickey come there...so I was thinking of trying to find a character meal with some other characters - any suggestions?

Another thought - have any of you wish trippers used the photo pass? That was another "extra" I thought about purchasing. I plan to bring my camera but the photo pass thing sounded neat - what was your reaction once you got home - was it worth it?

I am hoping with some time off for Thanksgiving that I will have some time to just sit and plan a little. I just can't believe it is really happening!:cloud9:

Way off subject but start praying for us. We're working on getting a little sister for Alize. She's 2 almost 3 and we should know in the next week or so. :banana: :banana: Karen

This is the greatest little place for me. I love that each of you totally gets what it means to be in this "club". It's heartbreaking and breathtaking and a thousand other points along the spectrum. I am so profoundly grateful for being given this trip for Cody, but would give anything I own not to have qualified.
Thank you Holly, for saying this exactly how I have wanted to say it.:goodvibes :grouphug:
We're working on getting a little sister for Alize. She's 2 almost 3 and we should know in the next week or so.
Wow! Awesome news, Karen!!:thumbsup2 Let us know how it turns out! (you know, in your spare time!):rotfl2:

I've been kinda sporadic in my Wish Trippies updates this week, has anyone heard the latest on Wendygrace and Michael?:confused: :hug: to Wendy if you're on here!

Another thought - have any of you wish trippers used the photo pass? That was another "extra" I thought about purchasing. I plan to bring my camera but the photo pass thing sounded neat - what was your reaction once you got home - was it worth it?

I am hoping with some time off for Thanksgiving that I will have some time to just sit and plan a little. I just can't believe it is really happening!:cloud9:

We used Photopass and loved it!!! We had over 150 pics on it and didn't even use it at all 2 day and only 2x another day Of course we were there with 6 day park hopper passes. Wedidn't use it every time we saw a photopass photographer like some WDW fans but we got some AWESOME pics on it. Especially with the characters. If you are using photopass let them know you are buying the CD and they will really take some awesome pics. We were awases a dream with a private audience with Cap. Jack sparrow. Everyone sees him private but we had a whole lot more time and he did some special things with the kids. This is because they noticed our WISH buttons and shirts. When we got the CD on those pics, the photographer had put border with the official I met Cap. Jack at Walt Disney World on it. We had a lot of neat things happen and even had An AWESOME dream awarded,because a photopass photographer noticed my WISH shirt when I asked her to take some pics of the kids playing.
Even if you don't buy the CD I would say use photopass, because you can e-mail pics to friends and family. They can even look at them while you are there if you give them the info.
If you do buy the CD the only thing I wish we would have done different is wait untill we were home, because if you do it over the internet then you can add all these neat borders and pics to it.
We bought it with our spending money of which we h ad PLENTY!!!
Ya'll are going to have a blast!!!!!:goodvibes

Definitely buy the Photopass CD! It is so worth it. I agree with LeeLee about waiting till you get home to order it, though. The borders and autographs are fun to add. Plus you can crop and zoom and make the pictures look even better. It's well worth the extra money. We bought it on dd's wish trip last year and then again on the trip we took in August of this year.

OK - you all sold me - I am definitely getting the photopass. My ds is getting so excited we are three days aways from the 1 month countdown!!!! :cool1: I am so glad someone PM'd me about this thread! Thanks!

Just a note - if you prepay your photopass cd, it only costs 105$ rather than 125$ - of course THEN you have to remind yourself to use it! We mentioned to one photopass photograhper that we'd already prebought the cd and he must have taken 20 photos of us in different poses. So we remembered to mention it the next 20 times! Also, the test track photo can go to photopass as well.

Way off subject but start praying for us. We're working on getting a little sister for Alize. She's 2 almost 3 and we should know in the next week or so. :banana: :banana: Karen

How exciting! My husband and his twin are adopted. We will be praying for everything to go smoothly.

~Elisa

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter