• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wish Trip for Miss Haylee

Congratulations on the dates! I will miss you by one day! Let the planning begin! :yay:

SO now we are looking for things to do with grandpa on his down time.
Has anyone been to the Haloween Party. I noticed it's on the one evening my dad has off. Is it a good choice?
Then Sunday morning we may hang out with him so he can play with Haylee at the village. He always used to put put with Jonathan when he was little but I don't think he ever thought he could with Haylee!!

GETTING REALLY EXCTIED NOW!!!!

GOT OUR DATES!!!!
Sept 18-25! YEA!!!
And my parents will be there too. My dad has a convention on the Disney property. He will spend most of his time working but we can still spend some time with him. My parents live in Hawaii. We see my mom quite a bit because she comes in to help with all the grandkids, My dad I see maybe once every 2 years. He is retired Marine but now is a commisary vendor so he can't take time off (except this yearly conference.) SO EXCITED TO SEE MY DADDY!!!!:yay:

Yeah on dates!!!!!:banana:
Does Haylee wear special diapers? When we were there the last time we just bought some at Walmart when we got there( brought enough to get us there). Now Kylee wears special diapers that we get from HHC. She only wears them at night, so won't be too bad. Not sure if you get the Pediasure through HHC, but you can do the same if you buy it OOP. I know I will be asking this question when we get closer to our dates. We get everything from a HHC. So glad you get to see your parents.

Yeah on dates!!!!!:banana:
Does Haylee wear special diapers? When we were there the last time we just bought some at Walmart when we got there( brought enough to get us there). Now Kylee wears special diapers that we get from HHC. She only wears them at night, so won't be too bad. Not sure if you get the Pediasure through HHC, but you can do the same if you buy it OOP. I know I will be asking this question when we get closer to our dates. We get everything from a HHC. So glad you get to see your parents.

Nevermind..on the diaper...I'm sure she gets them through HHC. I would ask to have them shipped.

Nevermind..on the diaper...I'm sure she gets them through HHC. I would ask to have them shipped.

We are trying to get an accurate count and figure out what we will need. We order them each month but I just reorder when we get low.
Do you know if we can have a case sent to GKTW or so they allow you to do something like that?

I can pack her pediasure since that comes form the Army.

We are trying to get an accurate count and figure out what we will need. We order them each month but I just reorder when we get low.
Do you know if we can have a case sent to GKTW or so they allow you to do something like that?

I can pack her pediasure since that comes form the Army.

I know a few friends that have sent things to GKTW before they got there. Their HHC just sent the items directly to GKTW. The last time we were there..Kylee's formula was in packages, so it was easy to bring. Now the formula are in bottles and will be heavy, so I'm planning on shipping those. I'm on 02 at night, so no clue on that one.

I know a few friends that have sent things to GKTW before they got there. Their HHC just sent the items directly to GKTW. The last time we were there..Kylee's formula was in packages, so it was easy to bring. Now the formula are in bottles and will be heavy, so I'm planning on shipping those. I'm on 02 at night, so no clue on that one.

YEA!! I will have diapers sent in then.
I would think for the O2 you could have it there and ready. When we brought Haylee home they had it at the house already.
Thanks for the help!!!

NOT YET!!!:confused3
I have been so hyped that I am getting a little depressed waiting for the dates. The girls and I bought a new suitcase that we can fit all our clothes in and some of Haylee's supplies too. She has so much stuff to bring for her feedings and meds.

Did anyone have trouble traveling for a week with diapers, feeding supplies and food (Pediasure for Haylee). I am actually considering having her diapers delivered to GKTW so we don't have to carry so much on the plane. (When we get a date of course)

Sorry, I am a huge organizer and planner. So I get frustrated in "holding patterns" Especially if I have 3-4 weeks to get ready.

Congrats on Dates!! :) I will add those on the wish trippers first page, too! :)

One thing to think about is that you will have more stuff coming home than you may think - for us - we took all of Lauren's medical stuff, some of which was consumable, but it all came out fine because we took so much stuff BACK home with us (stuff Give Kids the World gives you plus dirty clothes plus souvies you buy).

You can totally ship stuff if you don't want to lug it around, but make sure you bring an extra duffle back or two that you could use to expand for the trip home (if you ship stuff)...because shipping stuff from there can be pretty expensive.

I LOVED the Halloween party! I say go for it! You may be able to get your wish organization to pay for one "thing" you want to do on the trip and this may be a good one to get covered, because it can be a bit expensive. But the party is fun, has lots of characters, and since you have "the button" - it is even better! :)

Basically you get an "extra" Disney day, too, because you can get in the park by 4:00 and stay really late - so it works out to be a pretty good "deal" if you ware wanting extra disney time, since the one day base tickets are so expensive to Disney.

Congrats on Dates!! :) I will add those on the wish trippers first page, too! :)

One thing to think about is that you will have more stuff coming home than you may think - for us - we took all of Lauren's medical stuff, some of which was consumable, but it all came out fine because we took so much stuff BACK home with us (stuff Give Kids the World gives you plus dirty clothes plus souvies you buy).

You can totally ship stuff if you don't want to lug it around, but make sure you bring an extra duffle back or two that you could use to expand for the trip home (if you ship stuff)...because shipping stuff from there can be pretty expensive.

I LOVED the Halloween party! I say go for it! You may be able to get your wish organization to pay for one "thing" you want to do on the trip and this may be a good one to get covered, because it can be a bit expensive. But the party is fun, has lots of characters, and since you have "the button" - it is even better! :)

Basically you get an "extra" Disney day, too, because you can get in the park by 4:00 and stay really late - so it works out to be a pretty good "deal" if you ware wanting extra disney time, since the one day base tickets are so expensive to Disney.

FABULOUS TIPS!!!!
I never think of bringing home extras.

And thanks for the Halloween info. We are going to add it to the schedule. I think all of us will enjoy it!

Hurray for dates! And yay for grandpa playing with the kids!

We didn't go too crazy on souvenirs, so we basically had the duffle bag that GKTW gave us full of stuff they gave us, but not too much more.

We LOVED the Halloween Party! It is a lot of fun! I would definitely do this of possible.

Lynn

oh i'm late joining in, you have a beautiful family and Grats on trip and awww @ seeing your daddy, thats sooo awesome very excited for you guys :goodvibes:grouphug:

That is wonderful that your dad will be at Disney for a conference the same time as you. I can imagine you are all very excited to see him if it has been 2 years! What wonderful Pixie Dust for your trip!!

I am along for the ride and can't wait to hear all about your planning :goodvibes

Stopping by to say hello and welcome! Cant wait to hear more. Your kiddos all sound amazing!

THANKS!!! I think they are but I'm a little biast! hahaha

Hurray for dates! And yay for grandpa playing with the kids!

We didn't go too crazy on souvenirs, so we basically had the duffle bag that GKTW gave us full of stuff they gave us, but not too much more.

I will definately pack an extra bag!

We LOVED the Halloween Party! It is a lot of fun! I would definitely do this of possible.

Lynn

We are definately going to the Halloween party!! And Grandpa get to go too!!!! HORRAY!!!

oh i'm late joining in, you have a beautiful family and Grats on trip and awww @ seeing your daddy, thats sooo awesome very excited for you guys :goodvibes:grouphug:

Thanks so much!!!

That is wonderful that your dad will be at Disney for a conference the same time as you. I can imagine you are all very excited to see him if it has been 2 years! What wonderful Pixie Dust for your trip!!

I am along for the ride and can't wait to hear all about your planning :goodvibes

I'm getting used to this term "pixie dust". LOVE IT!!!

I'm so excited to read that your Daddy will be there when you are there!!! Then, I cried to read you only see him every two years! :hug:

I'm so excited to read that your Daddy will be there when you are there!!! Then, I cried to read you only see him every two years! :hug:

We are so excited to see him!!! And he's trying to hide his excitment but it's not working. :rolleyes1

My mom and I have been non sop on the phone and texting with ideas and excitement.
THE PLANNING IS IN FULL SWING NOW!!!

We will be attending the Halloween Party the night we arrive with my dad. DO people dress up for this party? We don't want to be the only one not!

My parents are busy booking the Ohana breakfast. We are from Hawaii (my parents are still there) and what better place for breakfast. Haylee was actually born there too. She loves Lilio!!

SO many things to think of....

AND..
We were asked to be a Big Give family. I feel so blessed and honored. Amber and I have been having so much fun looking at the album of things people make. There are os many talented people out there.

My mom and I have been non sop on the phone and texting with ideas and excitement.
THE PLANNING IS IN FULL SWING NOW!!!

We will be attending the Halloween Party the night we arrive with my dad. DO people dress up for this party? We don't want to be the only one not!

My parents are busy booking the Ohana breakfast. We are from Hawaii (my parents are still there) and what better place for breakfast. Haylee was actually born there too. She loves Lilio!!

SO many things to think of....

AND..
We were asked to be a Big Give family. I feel so blessed and honored. Amber and I have been having so much fun looking at the album of things people make. There are os many talented people out there.

From what I have read many many do dress up and from pics I have seen lots of others do not, so my guess it would be preference ? BUt for kiddos sake I would think it would be so fun to see family join in on that :) Grats on being asked to be in the Big Give :) thats so wonderful and soo excited to watch PTR for upcoming pics !!!:yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter