Wish the storms away

Belle1962

DIS Veteran
Leaving tomorrow and the forecast is thunderstorms every day. We've been in June and expect the afternoon rain every day but the probability of rain/storms is 70-80% into early next week. Please help me wish the storms and major rainfall away. Thank you.

I hope your wishes come true and the weather holds up. We are coming down July 7 for 2 weeks. Always rains in the last afternoons but we dont let it stand in our way. See a show, do some shopping, get into a ride line while they are shorter during storms.

Best wishes and safe trip:thumbsup2

There probably will be t storms daily, but they don't usually last.

All the best of luck, it rained for 5 days solid during our trip so I wouldn't wish that on anyone!

Leaving tomorrow and the forecast is thunderstorms every day. We've been in June and expect the afternoon rain every day but the probability of rain/storms is 70-80% into early next week. Please help me wish the storms and major rainfall away. Thank you.
So, you expect 100% chance of storms, but are upset they are saying 70-80%? ;). The percentages are not the portion of the day, only the chance that rain may occur at some point in the day in some portion of the forecast area. If Winter Haven gets a storm between 3 and 3:30pm, that "counts" as it rained that day.

You pretty much have a 50-75% chance of rain in the form on thunderstorms each and every day between about early-mid June and early-mid September in central FL. It's just due to the way it's shaped, how the air currents off of the Gulf and the Atlantic interact, and the general climate of the state.

However, with that said, there is a wave brewing a bit Southwest of FL right now that's tossing some rain and showers into SW FL (among other places), so they may be taking that into account as well for early next week. Doesn't look like it's going to be anything of real significance, but it certainly could stir up some extra rain shower. (Though, from what I just read, it seems to be moving slowly NW)

are you sure you want to wish them away? In our experience storms drive people out of the parks (or keep them away) and that is a bonus! We rode TSM 6 times before 11 am one day when it was bucketing rain - only stopped because our arms got tired.

If I were you I"d go in with a plan of what to do when it rains and be organized (as opposed to the folks who stand under the shelter saying "what do you want to do now"?) Be ready if it starts to bucket rain - toss on the ponchos and goto your "rain plan" in terms of rides/ attractions.

Have a great time!

Just got back and my weather report was similar for my stay, but only on one day did it downpour hard enough to matter. But the good thing was - it was a short run to the tequila bar in Mexico, so waiting out the storm was not nearly so tragic! Enjoy your trip and pack your poncho just in case!

We stayed 6 days, first of June. We had 3 beautiful days, and 3 days with more rain than I wanted. We still accompolished everything we wanted, but did stay in the last 2 nights, I just didn't feel like going out in it. I really hope it clears up for you guys, it does get old. Prepare for the worst and maybe you will be pleasantly surprised. Good Luck!pixiedust::goodvibespixiedust::goodvibes

There is a system brewing in the Gulf that is forcing moisture toward Central Florida. Unfortunately for those visiting soon, the next few days are supposed to be pretty wet. That doesn't mean it will be a total washout each day, but local weather said we could get between 3 and 4 inches of rain over the next few days.

are you sure you want to wish them away? In our experience storms drive people out of the parks (or keep them away) and that is a bonus! We rode TSM 6 times before 11 am one day when it was bucketing rain - only stopped because our arms got tired.

If I were you I"d go in with a plan of what to do when it rains and be organized (as opposed to the folks who stand under the shelter saying "what do you want to do now"?) Be ready if it starts to bucket rain - toss on the ponchos and goto your "rain plan" in terms of rides/ attractions.

Have a great time!
Ha-ha! I thought for a sec that "TSM" was Test Track and wondered, "Why would their arms get tired???". I'm off today...

I hope you get no more than the typical Flordia afternoon storm! The best part about storms is when they drive people out of the parks - I remember last July going to MK after a 3 hour downpour and it was DEAD. Even though we were soaked and it was still lightly raining, we had a blast, the park was basically a ghost town! So if your rain ever lasts longer than 30 minutes, I hope you can reap similar benefits :thumbsup2

If you go to WDW in the summer, you can pretty much count on some rain...probably starting between three and seven p.m. and lasting 20, 30, 60 minutes or hours and hours.

One time it rained from before 8 a.m. until after 9 p.m. Sometimes it was lighter than others, but ir rained on us all day long.

It is true that the parks clear out. Most folks don't want to be out in a thunderstorm.

Bring ponchos! We have ponchos and a stroller cover and are fully prepared. Did you see the temps for next week? We leave Wed for the world and the highest is 87-89. It was a 101 here last week :lmao: Bring on cooler temps lol I hope it is the normal rain and doesn't rain on your parade.

I tried doing that while I was there about a week ago. Even made a wish with a penny at It's a Small world but not much luck. I hope yours is better. Have fun!

We're right there with you, leaving Friday.
Hoping that the rain holds off on Sat. morning for DH's Richard Petty Driving Experience, and our Airboat tour before checking into the resort. We also wanted to check out the balloon ride at DTD Sat. afternoon, although missing that won't bother me too much, (I hate heights;)).
Also hoping that it holds off for Fantasmic next Wed. night.
Other than that we should be good rain or shine!:thumbsup2
We're taking the ponchos and the stroller cover just in case!

I am so scared about the weather for Sat! My daughter is dancing at Downtown Disney Sat afternoon... if it rains, they DON"T perform and it doesn't get rescheduled!! She will be devastated if she doesn't get to dance.. these girls have worked so hard for this and we are traveling down there specifically for this!!!

I am so scared about the weather for Sat! My daughter is dancing at Downtown Disney Sat afternoon... if it rains, they DON"T perform and it doesn't get rescheduled!! She will be devastated if she doesn't get to dance.. these girls have worked so hard for this and we are traveling down there specifically for this!!!

We're heading down with our dance team as well. Positive thoughts! I know we'll see some rain but believe all will be good for our girls! We dance Weds. Have a great trip, I'll send extra positive weather thoughts for Saturday!

We're heading down with our dance team as well. Positive thoughts! I know we'll see some rain but believe all will be good for our girls! We dance Weds. Have a great trip, I'll send extra positive weather thoughts for Saturday!

Thank you!!! I hope for a rain free performance time for your girls!!!

I just watched the weather because we're planning on hopping over to the parks tomorrow, and they are calling for about a foot of rain in our area in the next week. We live about 45 minutes west of Disney, but the news says it all depends on what's going on in the Tropics, it looks like something is brewing down there.

That being said ... we had a 50% chance of rain today, and it never did. It looked like it was going to rain (yay cloud cover!) and there was an amazing breeze, but no rain. My boyfriend works about 15 minutes away, and it poured for about ten minutes, and I only know because he called to ask me to put our dog in. My point, even if it's raining in AK, it could very well be clear at MK. That's the beauty of our weather here. A week ago it was pretty ugly, but we've been in a drought here for awhile now, so the rain is much needed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter