• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Meet, Dec. 7th at DTD!!! (Updated 11/11/05!)

Hi, I'm Don, and I AM a Disneyholic. Its been nearly 6 years since my last drink, er, trip to Disneyland. I am making my whole family go with me to WDW, its been a dream of mine since I heard there was a WDW, probably 20 or 30 years ago. I live in Riverton, Utah, halfway between SLC and Provo (halfway between the Univ. of Utah and BYU, being pulled mightily by both). I am 39 (wow, i'm getting old) married to Elaine, 35, with 5, count 'em, 5 monsters in tow. Andrew, 12, is huge for his age, plays center in both football and basketball, and is scared of rollercoasters, last one at Adventuredome at Circus Circus gave him a headache because he was so tense. Crystal is 10, tall, dark, cute, quiet but fearless, my best bet for riding the scary rides with me. Rachel, 8, is blonde, as tall as Crystal, and the social butterfly of the family. Where ever we go, as soon as she sees any kids that she doesn't know, she walks right up and says "Hi, my name is Rachel, what's yours?", and before we leave she knows the names and vitals of at least 3 new friends. Matthew, 5, is the freak, lefty, hyper, so shiny blonde you could even say it glows, obsessed with playing Warcraft 3, not an ounce of fat on him. Last is Amber, 16 mo., another blondie, walks very fast everywhere emitting strings of gibberish, likes to snuggle, recently discovered how much fun it is to push all the buttons on the computer.

Also, I may bring along Elaine's sister and her family who are coming to WDW with us. They have 4 kids, live in Thornton, CO, and are just as goofy as us. Should be good times.

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: pirate:

Hi! I'm Laura. I'm 26 and I live in the suburbs of Chicago. I'm married and we are childfree. I work from home for a company that provides sales statistics to major grocery manufacturers. It's fascinating to talk about at cocktail parties. :rolleyes: DH is in IT for our local government. He is originally from Sandusky, OH, but moved here for college and wound up marrying a local girl :teeth: .

DH will be coming to the meet with me, and I'll make sure he wears his bright green polo.

Can't wait to see everyone!

No sneaking up now. Hi kids im Russ, Single Oh Cr*p thanks just remembered my age on paper 50 next February but ask anyone that knows me and they usually just grin and slowly shake their head. Manufacturing Supervisor for a small company in Cincinnati. Really it is 5 separate companies and I bounce around. The first 16 years with the company had a Field Engineering position and traveled 45-50 weeks a year so fancy hotels to me are just impediments to me getting to my room quickly.
Collect Aloha shirts but most are small tents now woohoo! Get to WDW 2 times a year early December and early May because I hate really hot humid weather. Normally in the past could be found either at Dawa or Tune-In every afternoon but this year I have a bunch more energy so who knows. I have stayed at all the moderates and ASMu and POP. Like POP best that is my new home at WDW.
I am not really a Disney only freak IOA and USF split my vacation time pretty closely down the middle. This year If my math/guessing is correct I should fit ALL the attractions at UF that I have never fit before because I hit my trip goal this morning I am officially 11/17 FATSO....uuuhhh until tomorrow Thanksgiving is a free day on my diet.

See you all soon

Hi, I'm Beth. I am 34 years old, sigh. I have been on WISH for 2 years. The last year as been a struggle and I am ready for vacation! I am a SAHM to DD5 during the week, and work weekends as a nurse in a coronary care unit. We will be celebrating out 9 year anniversary in WDW.

DD will be with me, but DH will probably be napping after MVMCP the night before. We don't have anything lime green, but I'll be on the lookout for some.

Can't wait to meet you all.
Beth

Hi, I'm Nancy, 54, married to Barry, 60, We moved to FL about 18 months ago after Barry was able to retire early thanks to an incentive program from the state of CT. We chose our location here in FL by drawing a circle on the map around WDW and vowing not to move outside that area, as we did not want to be too far from the Mouse! Needless to say, we are at WDW as often as possible! We are looking forward to meeting all of you. Oh, and like Mike, we will wear our lime green DIS shirts! :teeth: Hope it is a little warmer than today, though, or there may be jackets over them! Amazing how quickly we have become accustomed to the warm FL sun as opposed to the CT cold where we spent most of our lives! :earseek:

diswish.jpg

Hi everyone! Here's the first picture from our WISH meet today. We had such a nice time--I really enjoyed meeting everyone!

From left to right: Nancy & Barry (perfectmatch300), Tracy (toystoryduo), Don (DisDon), Russ (RussH), Beth (Strings), Dave (my DH), Me (Pearlieq), and Mike (Mykelogan).

Pearlieq-- Thank you so much for posting the picture. What an awesome time you must have all had! Look at those smiles. It is so nice to be able to connect names to faces. I am really jealous that there were so many awesome WISHers in one place at one time and I missed meeting all of you by just 4 weeks!
Enjoy the rest of your trip!

WOW - HELLO EVERYONE!!!!!! So nice to see you all. Thanks for posting the pic pearliq!!!!! It's so nice to see the new faces of people I haven't met and nice to see Nancy and Barry (I got to meet them a few years ago at this time of year). Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! What a good looking group of DISers! You all look so happy and relaxed!!!!!!!!

Chris

Thanks for posting the picture! Like it's been said you all look so happy! :sunny: And warm - shorts! :goodvibes

It was a blast! And sooooooooooo great to meet everyone, even Donny-Come-Lately!! haha! Just teasing you man! :)

Mike :goodvibes

Mykelogan said:
It was a blast! And sooooooooooo great to meet everyone, even Donny-Come-Lately!! haha! Just teasing you man! :)

Mike :goodvibes
Hehe, sorry I was late, had to use that 12:00 Fastpass for Test Track. Earl's was yummy! Good advice from Nancy and Barry, went back to Epcot and saw the France movie, the music and movie were great! We're sitting in the lobby of a Quality Suites on 192, trying to figure out how to get home. The snowstorm in NYC caused a bunch of flights to cancel, so all the flights tomorrow are filling up. Our week at Liki Tiki was nice, but we're back at the travelodge again for a night. Check back with you all later, I think I've walked/jogged about 100 miles this week, my right leg is killing me!
:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana: pirate:

It sounds like you all had a great time! How wonderful to meet a few others on the WISH board.

You all look wonderful! Keep up the great work! ::MickeyMo ::MickeyMo

Great meet! Thanks, Mike, for hosting! Pearlieq, thanks for posting the picture. It was great meeting everyone and sharing lunch at Earl of Sandwich. We had not eaten there before amd were glad to have tried it.

Don, glad you and the family enjoyed France! Hope you are safely back home by now. If you have to get stuck somewhere, why not here in :sunny: FL :sunny: Hope you were able to have some fun during your "stuck" time and not just worry about how you would be getting back.

Hi fellow WISHers! :wave2:

We're back in snowy, freezing cold Ohio. :cold: We had a great time at the WISH meet! :jumping1: It was definitely one of the highlights of our trip! :goodvibes

So how is everyone doing post-WDW? We are very busy trying to get back to our "normal" lives and of course, getting ready for Christmas. We really miss WDW though! ::yes:: DH and I will start planning next year's trip(s) sometime this week. :teeth:

Hope everyone has a Happy Holiday season! :goodvibes

Thanks for posting the picture. It is nice to put faces with names.

Thanks for posting the pictures. Everyone looks so happy. I had a great trip as well. Too bad schedules didn't match up. Maybe next time.

Jeremy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter