wish me luck!

sasmmb

Mouseketeer
Decided to bite the DVC bullet. Made an offer on a 150 BWV yesterday at $62, seller to pay 2012 maint (all 150 point IIRC). They countered with $63 and buyer to pay MF. Then I foolishly do my research by coming to these boards and the ROFR thread, and start thinking $63 is too high. Hours later go back and offer $55 (with the listing agent telling me that in 2012 only 10% of their contracts at BWV have gone for under $60) expecting a counter again. But contract already sold.

Reached out to other listing companies, one responded with at 160 BWV, 108 pts 2012, no borrowing. Feb use year. $62.50 a point. I offered $58 with prorated MF, and was immediately accepted! :cool1: If the seller is on the DIS, thanks!!

Let's hope for an easy rest of the process.

with the listing agent telling me that in 2012 only 10% of their contracts at BWV have gone for under $60.

Remember, if prices drop, so do the reseller agent's commissions. Some will try to talk you out of make such a low offer (because they will loss money).

And good luck and pixie dust on a quick ROFR and closing!!!

OK, is this normal? I have not yet received the contract via email. It's been 3.5 days and 1.5 business days. The listing is still up on the vendors website. I've emailed and received a reply this AM that said "I'll check with the contracts dept". But not heard anything since (nor a response to a voicemail left for the contract person on Friday).

Is this normal and I'm being paranoid? Or is this a flag that something went awry?

It's been 3.5 days and 1.5 business days. The listing is still up on the vendors website.

I would keep calling. I went through TTS and received the contract within hours of the verbal offer. Then again, this gives you time to keep looking for a better deal :thumbsup2

OK, is this normal? I have not yet received the contract via email. It's been 3.5 days and 1.5 business days. The listing is still up on the vendors website. I've emailed and received a reply this AM that said "I'll check with the contracts dept". But not heard anything since (nor a response to a voicemail left for the contract person on Friday).

Is this normal and I'm being paranoid? Or is this a flag that something went awry?

I have worked with Fidelity on two deals and they have been very professional and responsive, so I wouldn't worry there.

I also want to offer you congratulations on your purchase, I hope you enjoy it. However, and I say this with all due respect and with the intent of helping you, your price was not that great as compared to what is passing ROFR lately. Look here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2661661&page=140

So not only should you not worry that something has gone awry, but if you are in no rush for the points you may want to consider using this time to look for a better deal. I'm not trying to be mean or make you feel bad, but I think it's important for us to be honest in these forums and offer a balance of good information as well as happy thoughts. That being said, sometimes people are willing to pay a little more to get what they want, and that's cool too. :) Best of luck whatever you decide.

Thanks for the input. For me, a "fair deal" is more important than a "great deal" when I'm dealing with an individual. Running the numbers on the ROFR thread, the straight average per transaction passed this year is $56.5 per point at BWV, with a points weighted average of $54.5. I also think those amounts are probably skewed lower as people are less likely to volunteer "Hey I paid $68 at BWV!" :)

So given that, I think it's a fair deal. While I'm in no rush for points, and I know that one can certainly pull out at this point, I feel honor-bound to my verbal commitment. Which again, I'm happy with. And your feedback about Fidelity (how'd you know? :cutie:) helped a to calm me.

And as you said, it's always good to get multiple viewpoints. What's a discussion board without them? :)

I also think those amounts are probably skewed lower as people are less likely to volunteer "Hey I paid $68 at BWV!" :)

Haha...that's funny! :)

So given that, I think it's a fair deal. While I'm in no rush for points, and I know that one can certainly pull out at this point, I feel honor-bound to my verbal commitment.

There are a lot of people who think this way as well. Personally, I think there is a little more leeway within the 10 day cooling off period. But I'm starting to think that maybe I'm a bad person for thinking this way.

Which again, I'm happy with. And your feedback about Fidelity (how'd you know? :cutie:) helped a to calm me.

Glad to help. I actually just went back and reread your post where you said you contacted the person on Friday and I read it as you contacted the person at Fidelity. So I totally misread it. Doh! :rolleyes1 Anyway, my comments still apply. They probably have a backlog of contracts and they don't work weekends, so I wouldn't worry. Oh, and they only update their website once a week. So your contract will be up there all week for everyone to drool over. :laughing:

And as you said, it's always good to get multiple viewpoints. What's a discussion board without them? :)

Thanks for understanding! I always feel badly and I'm afraid that it sounds like I'm trying to crush people's dreams or something. Glad my comments were taken as they were intended.:)

I have worked with Fidelity on two deals and they have been very professional and responsive, so I wouldn't worry there.

I also want to offer you congratulations on your purchase, I hope you enjoy it. However, and I say this with all due respect and with the intent of helping you, your price was not that great as compared to what is passing ROFR lately. Look here:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2661661&page=140

So not only should you not worry that something has gone awry, but if you are in no rush for the points you may want to consider using this time to look for a better deal. I'm not trying to be mean or make you feel bad, but I think it's important for us to be honest in these forums and offer a balance of good information as well as happy thoughts. That being said, sometimes people are willing to pay a little more to get what they want, and that's cool too. :) Best of luck whatever you decide.

without starting a war of anykind i must say you seem to be a tad hypercritical of peoples deals, the offer is fair and it was the second offer made, while i do agree there may be a better deal out there, not everyone is completely bottom-fishing. Let's assume the deal could have been had for $50 pp after many rejections. that would work out to overpaying $1280 over 30 years that is $42.66 a year which breaks down to $.11 cents a day, IMO it is worth 11 cents a day to avoid multiple rejections not to mention the time you could be spending on something productive. Assuming of course you have the contract you want when you want it.

And just remember one day you just may be the seller and not want to see prices so low.

One last sidepoint, it is not true that fidelity only updates once a wk, they always update on friday's but the deal i am in rofr for came up on a tuesday, i must say i did have contracts by tuesday evening though.

without starting a war of anykind i must say you seem to be a tad hypercritical of peoples deals, the offer is fair and it was the second offer made, while i do agree there may be a better deal out there, not everyone is completely bottom-fishing.

You make a good point, and I'm not trying to be critical. People have different perspectives and this is mine...getting the lowest price possible. Personally, I enjoy the excitement of the process, the offers, counteroffers and rejections. I guess a different perspective is to get close without a bunch of hassle, and that's cool too.

My objective is simple, to help people get the best deals possible. I'm certainly not trying to make people feel bad or come off like a mean person, so hopefully that's not the case. But in the future I will definitely consider the other perspectives as well.

Just an update that the contracts came via email Tuesday afternoon, so all is well. And they did mention they only update their website twice a week. So I'm glad my fretting was all for naught.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter