Wish I had booked Ohana :(

Emrys

Earning My Ears
I just discovered Ohana a couple of weeks ago. We are going on the 22nd, with free dining. I made reservations a long time ago, even before free dining was announced. I wish I had booked Ohana :( It's a place I really wanna try.

Two more weeks till our trip, I'll keep trying...

Keep trying.. constantly! I scored Le Cellier at 6 p.m. a week before we leave.. You would be amazed! Good luck! :thumbsup2 Call the day of too!

Good luck. I had booked that reservation the 180 days before and a few weeks before our trip my brother decided to join us. I could not get that reservation modified to include him. I tried every day up until the night before. I ended up letting my family go while I took the kids to Cape Mays for breakfast that day. They raved about how great it was, I was really bummed. Cape May's was ok but I really had my heart set on eatting at Ohanas.

:thumbsup2 That was sweet of you to give that up for your brother. I sure that means you have another trip waiting in the wings and can try Ohana, then?

You're not alone. I am booking a last minute mom and son quick trip for the first weekend in November. I'd love to take DS to 'Ohana for breakfast with Lilo and Stitch, but I'm doubtful that we'll be able to get a reservation. I'll check regularly and hope that pixie dust comes our way.

Just keep checking I moved our Disney stay to before our cruise instead of after and was able to grab a dinner last night and breakfast a few weeks ago. It is our tradition to eat dinner there our first night and this will be the first time for breakfast celebrating my sons bday. Just check whenever you get a chance and make sure you only search 'Ohana not just dinner in general, that was how I was able to snag them when they didn't show up under a poly search.

Definitely keep checking. When we went in August, I saw a handful of slots open up in the week or two before our travel dates. When we went in December, I was in your exact same predicament...didn't really have it on my radar until a couple weeks out. I got an ADR, but didn't love the time; however, after checking and checking- about 5 days before our departure date I got the PERFECT time. So, just be persistent!

I didn't get Ohana until about 2 weeks before my trip. Keep an eye on the cancellation thread. That's how I got mine.

Good luck!

Woohoo! Going to Ohana next weekend :) Can't wait.

Thanks to all that helped with ideas and such. I'll be a little more careful in my planning for the next trip, lol

:banana:

Now I just gotta figure out the best way to get there from EPCOT. I'm thinking the monorail, but I don't think the monorail goes straight there. Hmm....

Yep keep checking. Just today I got an Ohana ADR for Nov 9th. I searched the 9th and it wasn't there, I checked 2 other days and then went back to the 9th to see what places did have ADRs and Ohana showed up, this wasn't 15 minutes from the first time til it showed.

You can also walk up and see what the wait is.
I swear, there is so much drama about getting in there. We have eaten there with and without reservations. If you show up right at first seating, your chances are really good you'll get seated. You may have to wait a bit, but you will get in. The people that work the "station" are very nice and want to help.

Also keep trying to book online. Things move and change all the time.

Now I just gotta figure out the best way to get there from EPCOT. I'm thinking the monorail, but I don't think the monorail goes straight there. Hmm....

The EPCOT monorail will take you to the Ticket and Transportation Center. You can then get on the Resort Monorail to the Poly or there is actually a really nice path to walk thru the Polynesian Resort grounds that will get you there. Depending on the wait for the monorail, the walk may be quicker and it is really very nice.

If it's a nice evening, take the monorail from Epcot to TTC, then walk over/through Polynesian - It's a very nice walk.

We stayed at POLY once and had the very last bldg by the TTC, it was very convenient to walk over and catch the express monorail to MK or monorail to Epcot.

Enjoy!

Like other pp have said:

monorail to TTC, then short walk from TTC to Poly.

This is the quickest and easiest way and have done it before.

BTW, on the transportation forum there is a thread that you can ask how to get to/from anywhere in the world, in case you have any other routes that you have to map out.

Have a great trip and enjoy Ohana.:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter