WISH Exercise Challenge October 2004

Oh, I hear ya, Nancy! Take it easy though, overdoing it, or trying too soon, won't be helpful for you either. :(

I'm afraid my exercise track is getting further derailed. We got a call this morning from FIL that MIL is back in the hospital, and will probably not make it this time. She's in a hospice room now. :( So, I spent all afternoon and part of tonight at the hospital, and running back and forth with my DD at my parents. :( A bad month just gets worse. :sad1:

If there was ever a time I needed exercise to relieve stress, it's NOW!! :(

Hey Kim,
Don't worry, just do what you can-family comes first and this is such a tough situation for you. Just try to do what you can maybe in smaller chunks of time. It is tough to set a goal and not be able to achieve it ( don't I know it! ) but every little bit counts, and we can always pick up our regular routine when all the craziness slows down somewhat.

You go girl!:cheer2:

KimRaye, sorry to hear the news about your MIL. Prayers & PD going out to you & your family. :grouphug:

Exercise really is a great stress reliever during difficult times. I find that just going for a walk really does bring down my stress level & clears my thinking. Doesn't have to be a long walk either. A little bit goes a long way.

I'm being pretty carreful not to overdo it this week. I just want to get back in the habit of exercise, but my pace is way slower than normal. Once I'm healthy again, then I'll try & pick up the pace & the minutes of exercise.

Originally posted by perfectmatch300
I'm being pretty carreful not to overdo it this week. I just want to get back in the habit of exercise, but my pace is way slower than normal. Once I'm healthy again, then I'll try & pick up the pace & the minutes of exercise.
Sounds like a GOOD plan, Nancy! I will try and do the same thing soon, I hope. I miss exercising, and stress-relieving. Thanks for the prayers & PD.

Oct. 8 - 0
Oct. 9 - 0
Oct 10-0
Oct 11-45 min.
Oct 12 -50 min
Oct. 13 -0
Oct -14 -0

Thought I would post all the week at once. If I don't get back to post , I didn't do anything. Better get moving or I'm not going to make it.

DH & I are off to WDW for an overnight trip tomorrow. We are meeting some DIS friends, going to dinner at O'hana tomorrow night, then doing MNSSHP on Thurs, coming home late Thurs night -or more accurately early Fri AM! :earseek: I know I'll get a lot of exercise - I always do at WDW, but I hope I can manage to stay on plan with dinners with our friends at O'hana & CP! I'll check back in Fri afternoon or evening as soon as I recover from 2 days of running around WDW!

Hopefully I will get in some exercise minutes over the next 2 days. At this point I am 280 min behind where I should be at this point in this challenge if I'm going to make my goal. Doesn't look good for me making goal, but I still want to get as close to it as I can without overdoing it & getting myself sick again. Unfortunately, the first thing my friend Sherrie wants to do when she gets in tomorrow is go to MK & get a Mickey bar! :mickeybar I think I may end up going back on induction when we get home! :sad2:

Hang in there, KimRaye! :grouphug:

My exercise total for the week-ending 14th October is 595 minutes.

Which takes me to 1050/2500.

Week 2 check in

day 8
excercise ball 30 minutes
day 9
none
day 10
ABS Yoga 23 minutes
treadmill 61 minutes
day 11
mat excercises 25 minutes
day 12
recumbent bike 30 minutes
treadmill 32 minutes
day 13
ABS Yoga 23 minutes
day 14
treadmill 28 minutes
mat excercises 25 minutes

total minutes 277 minutes for week 2

combined total 458/1000

July:cheer2:

Week 2 -

Oct 8th - 115 minutes
Oct 9th - 30 minutes
Oct 10th - 0 :rolleyes:
Oct 11th - 135 minutes
Oct 12th - 75 minutes
Oct 13th - 155 minutes!!
Oct 14th - 120 minutes

For a total of 630 + 565 from last week = 1195/1500

Kids go on fall break starting tomorrow, so unfortunely, my numbers will probably drop a bit :earseek:

Nancy and Kim....I'm sending hugs and pd for your speedy "back to normal' routines. Kim, so sorry to hear about your MIL. Extra hugs, hun.

Here is my Week 2 report. I don't seem to have the times to make it this month, but never say never, right?

Curves-45 min
Short walks-20 + 50 = 70 min
Long Walk-160 min
Other-20 min

For a grand total of:

295 minutes. Added to my 245 last week, I am now at 540 minutes. Maybe I should have stayed lower on my goal. :o Or maybe I ought to get out there more often!!! 'Til next week.....keep trucking, folks!

I just totaled up. I am at 689/1200 better than I anticipated. Tomorrow is Date Night, so nothing doing exercise wise unless I squeeze in the 20 minutes of Pilates before work. I kinda like that too.

Checking in- it's been a tough month so far, hopefully the 2nd half of October will be better.

Week One- no exercise, getting over lovely head cold...

Week Two- Total 213 minutes, only got 3 days in due to the muscle strain in my back...starting to feel a little better now, so hopefully can work back up to daily exercise.

So far...213/1000, so 787 minutes to go!

Keep working everyone! You're all looking great!!:Pinkbounc

Ive been walking an hr/day since returning from WDW this past Mon. While in Disney I averaged about 15,000 steps per day.
Since the cold weather is setting in I wont be tracking my exercise by time but by steps walked. Im going to try to get at least 10,000 per day.
Have fun everyone - keep moving and hopefully this monthly thread will be here in the spring when Im tracking my daily time once again
Thanks

Week 3 kicks off! Still going strong!!

10/15 100 minutes
10/17 60 minutes
10/18 80 minutes
10/19 75 minutes
10/20 45 minutes

1085/1500

JoAnn

Thanks Rae:hyper:

Haven't checked in for awhile but heres my work from past.

10/5 45-min
10/6-45 min pluse 30 minutes weight lifting(arm work)
10/7-rest day
10/8-missed day
10/9-60 min(walk at zoo)
10/10-rest day
10/11-missed
10/12-missed
10/13-missed(last 3 days is why I need daily to keep motivated)

Total for all days is 180. :)

I got 745 to go and I will be doing my exercise for today as soon as DH gets home. :) I really gotta get back on track to make that 1000 minute goal.
::yes::

2nd WEEK PROGRESS REPORT

Total Min. for wk 2/Total Min for October/Mins til Goal
218 / 397 / 603

:wave2:

Rochelle

Thanks Rae Ann

I've got everyone's minutes up to this point.

I'll be updating the thread shortly.

Keep up the good work everyone!

I know October is almost over --- but I still want to join!!

Do I sign up here?

Kris

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter