WISH Check in Week of June 22

It's been almost a week since I became an "official" WISHer and started my weight loss plan, and I lost 3.5 pounds! (At one point, it was 4.5, but I gained one back somehow, but that's okay...net loss is what counts.)

But today, I blew it BIG TIME! Went to a baby's first birthday party where there was a buffet, which had lots of things I can eat (I'm not on Atkins, but basically it's something where I shouldn't be eating starches.) I decided to have a little bit of potato salad and a few noodles. Then, I get to the end where the desserts are. Cheesecake for me wasn't worth cheating for, but the BREAD PUDDING! OMG, it was the best! Anyhow, I've since gotten up and brushed myself off and had an all-protein dinner. I'll get back on track the rest of this week.

My July 4th mini-goal was to lose 5 pounds, I'm hoping I can accomplish that early, like this week.

Tiggerlover, have a great trip going "home!" I know you'll do fine on maintenance! A great week to everyone else too, I'll definitely be checking in daily!

Well. today is my official weigh in, and for the first time I gained 1 lb. :mad: But, my Tanita came to the rescue! I lost another point of body fat during the same week. :D I also wore a new pair of shorts yesterday, and they were rather loose (I bought them a little snug about 3 weeks ago) so I know I'm still losing inches. :bounce:

I'm checking in just to congratulate all the losers. Job well done. Keep it going!!! You are doing great.

We are proud of you, Tracy. What an inspiration.

Also, congrats to Snackystacky on the impending marriage!!!!

I have no idea about my weight. The scale is acting like a yo-yo!!!!!!! I'm ready to send the stinkin' thing on it's way!!!!!!! The only thing I think happened is that because I have been so busy this weekend, I have not been able to drink my water. :mad: According to the cruel scale, I am up a couple of pounds. I am very upset but I have been able to pass on so many yummy foods & except for not having enough water & a cup of regular coffee (just one!), I have stuck solid to the induction plan. (sigh).

Oh well. I haven't weighed myself yet this morning so I may check in later.

I havent checked in in awhile. I had lost two pounds last week but this week Im up a half a pound for a total loss of 26.5 pounds. I havent been really good on my diet since Thursday so I guess Im glad it was only half a pound. Im going to be super strict this week and until we leave on vacation on the 3rd. I would love to be able to get my 30 pound clippie before our vacation.

Congratulations to all our losers, maintainers, and hang in there those that have gained like me. We CAN and WILL do this!!!! Onward and Downward!!!

I am sooooooo excited - in case you weren't able to tell :p I lost 2.5 lbs. this week, got myself a spiffy new clippie, are at the lowest weight I've been at in 2 years, am more than half-way to goal, and I found my motivation again!!

I had really been slipping for the past month but it's a new week, I've got a whole slew of new goals, and I'm ready to move closer to my goal. I've got less than 11 weeks till our disney trip and if I can continue an average weight loss of 1.5 lbs. then I will hopefully lose another 16.5 and be wearing all these sassy new clothes I've been buying!! That'll put me just a few pounds over goal but call me silly but it has always been a dream of mine to go to Disney thin and this is closer than I've ever been before!!

Congrats to everyone - whether it's inches or pounds we're all losers!! Have a fantastic time tiggerlover on your vacation - wow a whole month - that's great!! We'll be looking forward to hearing all about it when you get back!

Well...I am weighing in early. I needed to adjust my weigh-in day since we will be going camping starting on the 30th. I usually weigh in on Thursday.

I lost another pound and 1 1/2 inches since Thursday. I have 3 more pounds to lose to get to my mini goal of 20 by hte 4th.(although I will have to weigh in on the 6th when we return)

ONE more pound gone forever ! Or maybe that should be a ??? My new scale when I bought it a few weeks ago was always 3 pounds heavier than the Curves scale -- now this morning it seems like they are now almost the same ??? :confused: I know it's all relative, and it's been my new scale that I've been using the last few WI's, so I guess I'll just continue to move downward from here :D

Great job to everyone this past week :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Mary Liz

Lost one of the two pounds I gained while traveling with work. I am back to 11 pounds.

Hey Losers! Sounds like we are off to a great week. If you gained or maintained this week, keep the faith - the Bloat fairy will leave and you'll get a happy surprise!

I had a great week - another 3 lb loss!! I'm down 18 from my start and I got measured at Curves last Saturday. In 2 months, I've lost 18 inches (I missed my measure last month - I was in California).

I am so excited!!! :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

Have a great week!

Congrats to all of the losers this week!!! You are doing GREAT!! :bounce: :bounce:

My weight is the same. I am staying OP and exercising 5-6 times a week, so I know good things are ahead!! I did go ahead and measure myself early (I typically measure once a month) and I am claiming those inches lost! 7.25 inches since June 1st!! Woo Hoo!! I see a new WDW trip wardrobe in my near future. ;)
red.gif
red.gif
red.gif
red.gif
red.gif
red.gif
red.gif

My first Check-In!

Had lost a good bit before joining wish, but lost 1 pound since last week - weight loss is really slowing down! Going to try to up the water and walking! Noticed after his summer trim that my dog is looking a little rotund! Take him with me for a fast walk and hopefully we'll both benefit!

Glad to be a member of the board! Love all the encouraging words and motivation not to mention the tips on recipes for low-carb diets - can get monotonous after a while so new recipes are really appreciated!!

Isn't that happy news about Dan? A WISH wedding--so exciting!

<b>Jiminy102</b> Maintaining your weight is so much better than gaining, isn't it? Good for you! Are you refocused and newly determined? Great! You're going to have a great week, I'm sure of it.

I really appreciate you posting our check in thread every week. I always look forward to reading about my WISH friends and seeing how well they have done.

<b>padisneylover</b> If you weigh in officially <i>after</i> you take the challenge you get to claim that loss. Isn't that great? You have almost earned your first 5 pound loss clip. Well done! Losing 4.5 pounds in one week is amazing progress.

I'm really glad that you are part of my support group. You have motivated me today to try even harder to reach my goal. I appreciate that very much. Be proud of yourself, you are on your way to goal and I'm very proud <i>of</i> you.

<b>SnackyStacky</b> You never cease to amaze me Dan. You lost another pound after eating "way too much" at your birthday dinner. You must not have eaten as much as you thought.

You keep me inspired and motivated, Dan, what a wonderful contribution you make to WISH. Congratulations on your engagement, I am very happy for you.

<b>Kabuli1</b> Karyn, it's when you aren't losing that you need the check-in the most, it's really hard to try and help someone when you don't know they need help. The check-in thread isn't just for our WISH success stories, it's for people like me who haven't lost any real weight in a month. If your lack of success at losing weight makes you so unhappy that you can't post to the check-in thread, I feel very sad, and sort of blame myself. I hope that my tendency to being positive isn't what kept you from posting these past few weeks.

You are doing so well with your fat fast. You are continuing a plan that I know was very restrictive and no fun. I hope you see even more success at your official weigh in. I'm proud of you for tackling such an unpleasant eating plan and sticking with it. Your success is no surprise to me--I knew you could do this, you are really determined and strong.

<b>NancyK</b> You sure did a good job for someone who didn't stay on plan for an entire week. Way to go! Another two pounds gone forever. That 40 pound loss clipart is practically in your signature already.

I'm so proud of your determination. Be proud of yourself--you are a <b>success</b>!

<b>magicmouse2</b> WOO HOO!!! Way to celebrate success, cutie. Love that little bouncy smilie. Most often our most satisfying symbol of success is that our clothing fits better. I would much rather add muscle and get smaller in size than to see a loss registered on a scale.

You are on your way to goal and you are just racing. Good job! I am so happy and proud for you.

<b>CarolA</b> Another 2.2 pounds gone forever, what terrific progress you are making. You are more than 2 pounds closer to goal <i>and</i> you have almost earned your five pound loss clipart.

Make the best choices you can make on your business trip. I'll bet you do great. You are determined and focused on your goal. I'm really proud of you, be proud of <i>yourself</i>!

<b>Poohbear123</b> I sure hope you measured yourself when you began Atkins on June 6th. If you did, you can measure again today and see that you most likely lost inches instead of pounds. Is your clothing fitting better?

If you are staying strictly on plan and doing your workouts, then you are probably getting smaller even though you aren't getting lighter.

Hang in there, I'll bet you lose more next week. I think you're doing a great job with this. Thanks for posting here today even though you didn't show a loss on the scale last week.

You are determined and you are on your way to goal, don't allow the scale to cause you to become discouraged.

<b>PartyofSix</b> I love your positive attitude. Personally, I would be thrilled to see a loss on the scale--especially a whole pound. You have done so well and made so much progress to goal. I imagine the more you lose the slower the weight will come off. Congratulations on losing a whole pound, that is <b>success</b>.

You are on your way to goal and changing your eating habits for life. I'm proud of you for staying focused and determined. Be proud of yourself.

<b>Debbie</b> Wonderful! Another pound gone forever. Sorry to hear that you haven't been well. I hope that cold is gone soon and that you can get back to your workout routine, soon.

You are working your way to goal and helping to keep all of your WISH friends motivated. I'm so glad that you are part of my support group. I'm really proud of you, good job!

<b>Luvinit</b> You really have had wonderful success with the fat fast. I am so proud of you for being disciplined enough to stay with that eating plan. It is very restrictive and I know you were dreadfully carb deprived but you stayed with it--you didn't give up. You are a very strong and determined woman.

I'm proud of you--not because you lost 6.5 pounds--but because you identified a problem and set about correcting it. You jump started your weight loss and I know the method wasn't much fun. Be proud of yourself, you are doing great.

<b>MontyMontyMOnty</b> You are doing such a good job! Isn't it just the greatest feeling to try on a garment and find that it fits you loosely? I love when that happens. You must be losing more inches than pounds, that's my favorite kind of losing :teeth:

Another pound gone forever and clothing that is fitting looser, that's what I call success! Good job this week, I'm really happy and proud for you.

<b>lisajl</b> I happen to think that losing 1.5 pounds is really terrific. I would be thrilled to lose that much, I truly would. You are staying on plan and getting smaller. Good job. I'm anxious to see how many inches you have lost at Curves. When is your official check-in there?

I'm proud of you for staying focused and determined even though you lose slower than you might like. Good job. Be proud of yourself, you are a success!

<b>NCRedding</b> WOO HOO!!! Way to go! Another two pounds gone forever, that is wonderful success.

I hope you are feeling proud, I'm sure proud <i>of</i> you. Check out the low carb recipes at the top of page one, there are some yummy ones there. I particularly enjoy the fried chicken tenders, yummy.

Good job, this week. You are on your way to goal!

<b>DVC Daisy</b> Woo hoo!!! Look at you go. Losing 8 pounds in six weeks is 1.3 pounds a week (that would add up to 69 pounds in the span of a year), that is really excellent progress. You are doing great.

I'm glad you posted here this week. Seeing your progress helps keep me motivated. I'm so happy and proud for you. Be proud of <i>yourself</i>!

<b>mowsie dreamer</b> WOW! I sure hope your scales are right, I can't wait to hear your news this week after your official WW weigh in.

<b>Kelsie</b> That bloat fairy has sure gotten some good mileage out of two pounds, huh? I'm sure that two pounds will be gone by next week. In the meantime, don't give up, just stay faithful to plan and you will lose some fat along with the fluid.

<b>tiggerlover</b> Good for you, maintaining your weight this past week. Have a wonderful vacation. We'll see you when you get back. Have you prepared a plan for you month in the states? I'm sure you will do just fine. Just make the best choices you can.

<b>LuvTigger</b> WOW! Way to go! Losing 3.5 pounds in one week is just terrific. Well, now you know that bread pudding is not your friend ;) I'm glad that you have a new focus and are back on track.

You will do great this week, I'm sure.

<b>froglady</b> You ran the gamut of emotions on this post, LOL. From mad--to smiling--to bouncing :teeth:

It doesn't matter what the scale weight is as long as you are losing body fat. That is your goal, after all. Fitting into clothing that was previously snug is a very positive experience, isn't it? Proof that you are a success!

Be proud of yourself this week, we are all sure proud <i>of</i> you!

<b>Jomrog</b> Well, I guess you need a new scale, huh? Can't be keeping a scale that you can't trust ;) Here is a very important question: <i>Have you measured yourself?</i> Sometimes we replace fat with muscle but our inches decrease.

The whole point of losing weight is to get smaller. Did you get smaller? If you haven't measured yourself yet, you should do that. It could make the difference between becoming discouraged and staying focused. Honest :)

I'm proud of you for posting here today, even though your scale showed a gain. Sometimes it isn't fun to report a gain but you did it anyway. I'll bet it's just fat you changed to muscle, or the bloat fairy or a scale that fibs. Good luck next week, I'll bet you do great. Don't forget to <b>measure yourself</b>!

<b>lvs_eeyore</b> I wondered where you were last week. I'll bet that gain the scale showed isn't really a true gain. It's probably fluid retention caused by eating off plan foods.

You are refocused and newly determined now, that is excellent. I'll bet you reach that goal you set for yourself this week. We promise to help :) Be proud of yourself, you're doing a great job.

<b>CrzyforPiglet</b> Excellent! I love your exuberance and joy in your success. Losing 2.5 pounds in one week is just wonderful progress, look at you go!

I love that new clipart, it's very flattering, I don't imagine you will be keeping it very long, though, you will be trading up again very soon.

Half way to goal! How wonderful. I'm so happy and proud of you! With your new resolve and determination the rest of that weight you carry won't stand a chance. You are on your way and you're doing great!

<b>mum4jenn</b> WOO HOO!!! You are just tearing up that road to goal. Another pound gone forever <i>and</i> you lost another inch. That is what I call success.

You are doing so well with your weight loss endeavors. I have no doubt you will reach your goal you have set. I'm proud of your determination, be proud of <i>yourself</i>!

<b>maryliz</b> I think it's great that you've lost another pound. You are really doing well and you have a wonderfully positive attitude.

With your determination you will continue to succeed and be at your goal quicker than you might think. I love the way you celebrate your success and appreciate your progress toward goal. Celebrating our successes helps keep us motivated and strong. Be proud of yourself, we are all proud <i>of</i> you!

<b>TnRobin</b> Good for you! I'll bet you lose that second pound and more this coming week. You are back on track with a renewed sense of determination. That is excellent!

I'm proud of you Robin. You have not lost your focus and you aren't giving up even though you gained a couple of pounds while travelling. That is proof that you are going to reach your goal.

<b>aurora19</b> Holy Cowabunga!!!! You lost 3 whole pounds in one week. More importantly, you have lost <b>18 inches</b> since you began this new and healthy lifestyle. That is what I call <b>success</b>.

You have motivated me today, aurora19, that is such a nice thing to do. I'm so happy and proud for you, you are making wonderful progress. Be proud--you are on your way to goal for sure!

<b>geetey</b> Sounds like you are changing fat to muscle. Good for you! Maintaining your weight is excellent under those circumstances.

The most fun part is reading that you lost over 7 inches in three weeks. That is awesome progress! I'm so proud of you. I hope you are feeling proud of <i>yourself</i>, you are doing a great job!

<i>What a motivating thing it is for me to read this check in thread each week. Thank you everyone who posted here, you probably won't believe how much it helps <i>me</i> to read about your progress.</i>

I don't weigh in until Thursday.

Katholyn

<b>DisneyMom</b> Slow and steady wins the race. Losing a pound in a week is excellent progress. The more slowly you lose the better chance you have of keeping the weight off. This is really good news for me because I lose pretty slowly :teeth:

I'm really glad that you are part of my support group. WISH is a great help to me and reading about your progress is motivating for us all.

You sound determined and focused. You are going to be at goal before you know it with a positive attitude like yours. Good job. I'm proud of you, you are doing so well, be proud of <i>yourself</i>.

Katholyn

I lost one pound last week, bringing my total to 9. TOM was visiting, so I think the scales will be good to me when I weigh in next Saturday. ;) :D

I haven't measured, but my clothes are definitely fitting differently. I feel good!

<b>addicted_to_WDW</b> Excellent! You lost a whole pound despite TOM? I'll bet you have a great weigh in next week.

You've almost earned that 10 pound loss clip, good job! You are doing great :)

I have had a really bad week and weighed this morning and have gained one pound. Worse have a lunch arranged with a group of friends on Friday and then a celebration at the weekend. I am hoping not to gain anymore and then get remotivated after next weekend (easier written than done).:(

<b>Sue & Co.</b> Well, hopefully that pound is only fluid, but if it is a true gain you will take it off soon, I'm sure.

You need to come up with a plan for dealing with celebrations and lunches with friends. Low fat is a little more difficult to work around than high fat but it's not impossible.

Enjoy your celebrations and make the best choices you can, I'm sure you will do fine.

Good Monday Evening Everyone,

I managed to scrape out a one pound loss this week. I thought for sure I was up because I started some new medication which has the side effect of a slight weight gain. I'd love to know how much is considered a slight weight gain. Hopefully, not more than five pounds. The good thing is when I go off it in November I should have a rapid loss those few weeks.

I haven't done my WATP since Friday. The weekends seem so busy. Maybe I'll try and get one in tonight.

Have a great week everybody, and we'll see less of you next week.

Take care,

<b>Susan--Ontario</b> Another pound gone forever that is excellent progress.

I sure hope that new medication doesn't make you gain more than 5 pounds. You're doing so well, though, perhaps your new eating and exercise plan will help keep the weight gain low.

Now, you run do that WATP. It doesn't take long and the hardest part is just getting started. Okay...off you go...<i>now</i>....;)

Ok, now I'm excited!! :D I did my official WW WI this afternoon and my scales were right! The WW scales showed a 7 lb loss, so I have officially lost 16.75 pounds! You better believe I rushed home so I could change into my 15 pound clippie!:D :D :D

I don't know what the explanation is for losing so much in one week. The BF was hanging around last week, and I wasn't showing a loss. BF is now departed (good riddance, I say!) so maybe that is the answer!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter