Wish category 9D?

slg

DIS Veteran
I am trying to figure out what cabin to book on the treasure. Has anyone stayed on cat 9d on the wish and can give me some thoughts?

We did stay in a 9D on the Wish, room 6006,and enjoyed it. It is a HA room (we booked Guarantee and got that) so it was very spacious, as was the bathroom, however the bathroom was not split. Obviously that information would not apply to a regular 9D. The window with the slanted wall was different than most but I wouldn't say it was great, nor horrible. Not the best view, but you could still get sunlight.

Here is a view from outside (the bottom right room). I believe all those along that row are 9Ds.
1694285099281.png

My biggest issue with forward-facing rooms (I haven't been in one on DCL but I'm assuming it's the same restrictions) is that you can't have the curtains open at night because any light could be distracting to the bridge. As someone who likes to leave her ship curtains open - or at least just at sheers - I was not a fan. I loved the rest of my forward facing room though - especially when we had some rough water. I LOVE the motion!!

My biggest issue with forward-facing rooms (I haven't been in one on DCL but I'm assuming it's the same restrictions) is that you can't have the curtains open at night because any light could be distracting to the bridge. As someone who likes to leave her ship curtains open - or at least just at sheers - I was not a fan. I loved the rest of my forward facing room though - especially when we had some rough water. I LOVE the motion!!

Were you told that? I don't think we were...or if we were I missed it. Oops! :blush:

Were you told that? I don't think we were...or if we were I missed it. Oops! :blush:
Told that and there was a sign up at the window. Someone who had stayed in one before said on CruiseCritic that they forgot and shortly after they opened the curtain, they got a call from an officer to remind them to close the curtains.

Like I said, this wasn't on Disney, so maybe the angle or something is different and it's not an issue on Disney.

Told that and there was a sign up at the window. Someone who had stayed in one before said on CruiseCritic that they forgot and shortly after they opened the curtain, they got a call from an officer to remind them to close the curtains.

Like I said, this wasn't on Disney, so maybe the angle or something is different and it's not an issue on Disney.

Oh my gosh! That must have been awkward. :laughing:

I think it was just the glare from an "open" (un-curtained) window. LOL.

Oh No No...thats not what I was thinking (if I'm thinking what you are thinking now, LOL!). :rotfl: I just meant getting a call from an officer would be awkward. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter