WISH Away the Pounds **Maddening March Challenge** All Welcome

Happy Friday all! I hope you have great weigh ins. I'm feeling discouraged. I lose .8lbs but I worked out all week and ate really well. I know it is a loss and I should be happy but I'm bummed.

Here's to hoping my big efforts pay off a little more next week!

It's warming up here which is great so I'm hoping to get the kids out for a week. I see a lot of us are warming up a bit... Woohoo!

Hi everyone! I swear, I've been reading - I've just been snowed under (sometimes literally) lately! I took a hit from a nasty GI bug last week, but I'm over it now. It helped me drop a little bit of weight the not-ideal way, and that's basically stayed off. Not the end of the world, I suppose, now that I'm rehydrated! Officially down just 0.4 this week, but I'll take it. I'm so close to goal at this point that I know I can't expect big moves on the scale. At least not without another GI bug, and I really don't want that!

I'm running the Rock & Roll Half in DC tomorrow...so glad the forecast is nice! I even get a night in a hotel on my own tonight. LUXURY. And I'll get to see some friends who are also running - people from all different areas of my life - so fun!

Oh! Happy pi day! :) I told my older DD about it this morning, and she was nerdiliciously delighted to go tell her teacher when she got to school this morning.

And double oh! Four weeks from today, I'll be sleeping the day away, getting ready to pick DDs up at school with DH and drive overnight to WDW for spring break. Four weeks! I think I can make it! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

XO
Liz

Good morning all! :goodvibes

Got a bit behind here so I am doing a short reply and will call myself caught up from here.

Hugs to you P. I thought Magdalene gave a great reply. I too was wondering if not driving to all those swim practices (and having all that time waiting) was making it hard to get on some kind of schedule. I have been thinking a bunch about whether I am setting myself up to fail by some of my choices. Like I expect to fail, so I make bad choices, and then guess what...Anyhow, the point is you are a success. Even though you might not be where you want to be at this moment, you have been maintaining a healthy weight for YEARS and that is awesome! This is just a bump in the road, and I have no doubt you will find a way to get back to a place you feel good about.:goodvibes :hug:

This was great advise because you are truly a success, Pamela, and I think sometimes you forget that in the daily stuggles of healthy living! :flower3:

Hope everyone had a great hump day today!

First I have to say thank you all for sharing your frustrations and triumphs. I don't do a whole lot of posting around here due to time constraints but I wanted each of you to know how encouraging it is to come here and feel a sense of camaraderie and that I'm not alone in this journey. You keep me going!:hug:

We're all in this together! ::yes::

I'm just beyond frustration right now! I've been so motivated and had a fabulous 4.5 loss last week! Well this is spring break and I've eaten so many bad things I'm so mad at myself! On a positive I bought a Groupon for a boot camp starting in April but I've now had a stress fracture in my foot and I'm in a boot!!! This has made me more upset which in turn makes me down and turn to food. Yes I know what I'm doing is all wrong and I can still do weights or situps, pushups (on knees) etc and eat well to maintain but I guess I've resorted to old habits. I feel like I've just sabotaged myself and ruined all my hard work.

ugh! pity party :rolleyes1

I guess I'll try and get back in gear at least with my eating tomorrow.

I joined the boot camp w 2 friends and now I have to delay. I want them to go on and get started and not wait for me to recover. Oh well - it is what it is!

So sorry that you are in a boot! :flower3: That is frustrating when you are raring to go. Maybe use this down time to work on some other areas of your life so you will have fewer distractions when you are cleared for activity again?

Happy Friday, everyone! :cheer2:

Its Friday Funday!

I found this quiz on BuzzFeed the other day and I though it would be perfect as a nice Friday QOTD!

So, take THIS quiz and find out who your Disney Best Friend/Sidekick is!

And if you are bored and in need of a test of your Disney wits, THIS quiz is to see how well you REALLY know the princesses. ;)

Happy Weigh-in Day! Don't forget to PM your W/I into Eliza! pixiedust:

:woohoo: Fun Friday! Thanks for coaching, Stacey! :thanks:

enhanced-buzz-9313-1389911374-27.jpg

You got: Pascal from “Tangled”

You’ve got a dream and you just want to explore the world and live a little. Pascal is there when you’re lonely and when you’re not, and he’ll help you see the light in many situations.

I'm running the Rock & Roll Half in DC tomorrow...so glad the forecast is nice! I even get a night in a hotel on my own tonight. LUXURY. And I'll get to see some friends who are also running - people from all different areas of my life - so fun!

Oh! Happy pi day! :) I told my older DD about it this morning, and she was nerdiliciously delighted to go tell her teacher when she got to school this morning.

And double oh! Four weeks from today, I'll be sleeping the day away, getting ready to pick DDs up at school with DH and drive overnight to WDW for spring break. Four weeks! I think I can make it! :)

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

XO
Liz

Good luck tomorrow, Liz! :yay: I know you will :rockband: it!

And here is a little something for you to share with DD courtesy of DS' school announcements today. ;)

In celebration of today being “Pi Day” here is a Pi-ku, which is like Haiku, only it mirrors the digits of pi: the first line has three syllables, the second line has one syllable, the third line has four syllables and so on.

Here is the Pi-ku: Hello Pi / Oh… / Endless digits

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Thanks P!

Its Friday Funday!

I found this quiz on BuzzFeed the other day and I though it would be perfect as a nice Friday QOTD!

And if you are bored and in need of a test of your Disney wits, THIS quiz is to see how well you REALLY know the princesses. ;)

HUM - Ok I guess..
Who’s Your Disney Best Friend?
You got: Timon & Pumbaa from “Lion King”
Disney Even if you have a rocky past, these two will take you in and accept your friendship, no matter the difference in your upbringing. Timon and Pumbaa also serve as much needed comedic relief in times of sadness.

So I weighted in this morning and lost .5 of lb. that was good I was struggling just a bit this week with the low carb stuff and I have only worked out 5 days this whole month.. better get moving! better then a gain though so it's all good... I am leaving work a bit early to finish packing up my stuff for a weekend away with some girlfriends scrapbooking! it feels a bit funny to only be 45 mins away from house but staying in the hotel both Fri and Sat nights but there are 4 of us in the room so it's about $35 for the weekend - guess I can swing it LOL.. I'll be hopefully finishing up my Hubs first trip book then moving on to my DD's softball Disney book... I am getting ready to PM my weight .. See you all on Monday..

I'm just beyond frustration right now! I've been so motivated and had a fabulous 4.5 loss last week! Well this is spring break and I've eaten so many bad things I'm so mad at myself! On a positive I bought a Groupon for a boot camp starting in April but I've now had a stress fracture in my foot and I'm in a boot!!! This has made me more upset which in turn makes me down and turn to food. Yes I know what I'm doing is all wrong and I can still do weights or situps, pushups (on knees) etc and eat well to maintain but I guess I've resorted to old habits. I feel like I've just sabotaged myself and ruined all my hard work.

I joined the boot camp w 2 friends and now I have to delay. I want them to go on and get started and not wait for me to recover. Oh well - it is what it is!

Its Friday Funday!

How about swimming?

I got Flounder lol.

Pulled a samer again this week, since I've been up more than down this week though I'll definitely take it.

Here's a pretty good pic of the feet:

Just a quick kind of cute thing--took Lily and Louisa in for their last shots ( I thought they were done last time but it turns out the free spay and neuter place didn't give them leukemia shots) and the vet counted 7 toes on both Lily's front feet. The rest of her family we took in are mostly 6 toed, a few are normal but 7--jeez. paw:
What a little freak! ;) I always wanted a Hemingway cat. I guess your little girl thought she would do them one better! :goodvibes

I'm just beyond frustration right now!

I feel ya! I broke my hip a few years back and gained a ton and was just miserable all the way around. My advice is listen to the doctor. I didn't and it put me out of commission for 4 months! :scared:

You got: Dug from “UP”
You’re a bit of an old soul and value alone time. Sometimes you can’t believe kids these days, and you find things irritating just for existing (which is completely fine in your humble opinion). Dug may seem annoying at first, but he’s loyal and lovable and will put you in better spirits whenever you need it.

Is it bad that that is accurate??

Oh and I only got 7 of the princess questions right, but I think its 8 since the blue eyes was a trick question!

I'm running the Rock & Roll Half in DC tomorrow...

I was supposed to run that but I bailed right before I was supposed to sign up. My boss was planning on running it and I really didn't want to run with him. :rolleyes2 Of course he ended up bailing too, but I never did sign up.

I am leaving work a bit early to finish packing up my stuff for a weekend away with some girlfriends scrapbooking! .

I love that there are so many scrapbookers in the group! I'm one too!

Based on a friday to friday weigh in schedule, I am down 2.6 today. :cheer2: My official count is monday to monday, but it still feels good to look at that number even though it has no effect on my beads.

Dh and I are still in a debate over our upcoming vacation. We have a cruise booked May 11 out of Port Canaveral. How can I be so close to Mickey and not visit!?! But we also have a WDW trip planned for the fall. We were planning on just buying regular tickets for the fall, but if we set foot in a park this spring, it is more economical in the long run to buy APs. Adding $1300 on top of a WDW hotel and then cruise and its related expenses makes this a VERY expensive trip. We had to cancel our plans for a Europe trip this spring when the costs just got out of hand (we went with the cruise instead). But adding in the Disney expenses, makes this very similar in price to the trip we vetoed. But buying APs pays for a large chunk of our fall trip and gives us a plan for next spring as well. Ugh! First world problems! :rolleyes2

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all had a good week. Congrats to those who lost and for those who didn't, keep moving forward and don't give in to guilt - it does no good!

Had a pretty good week, lost two pounds so that makes it a total of five so far for March with a goal of seven. My starting weight this month was 196 and I'm at 191, so seems like I'll reach my goal early, maybe even by next week!

So I weighted in this morning and lost .5 of lb. that was good I was struggling just a bit this week with the low carb stuff and I have only worked out 5 days this whole month.. better get moving! better then a gain though so it's all good... I am leaving work a bit early to finish packing up my stuff for a weekend away with some girlfriends scrapbooking! it feels a bit funny to only be 45 mins away from house but staying in the hotel both Fri and Sat nights but there are 4 of us in the room so it's about $35 for the weekend - guess I can swing it LOL.. I'll be hopefully finishing up my Hubs first trip book then moving on to my DD's softball Disney book... I am getting ready to PM my weight .. See you all on Monday..

Enjoy your scrapbooking week-end, Michelle! :thumbsup2 Nice to get away and have a little break doing something fun.

How about swimming?

I got Flounder lol.

Pulled a samer again this week, since I've been up more than down this week though I'll definitely take it.

A maintain is always a winner in my book! ::yes::

Funny the swimmer got Flounder. ;) :fish::fish::fish:

Based on a friday to friday weigh in schedule, I am down 2.6 today. :cheer2: My official count is monday to monday, but it still feels good to look at that number even though it has no effect on my beads.

:woohoo: Sounds like there are going to be some beads moving very soon! ::yes::

Happy Friday everyone! Hope you all had a good week. Congrats to those who lost and for those who didn't, keep moving forward and don't give in to guilt - it does no good!

Had a pretty good week, lost two pounds so that makes it a total of five so far for March with a goal of seven. My starting weight this month was 196 and I'm at 191, so seems like I'll reach my goal early, maybe even by next week!

:woohoo: Congrats on your loss! :yay: You will be in a new decade very soon! ::yes::

Happy week-end all!

Afternoon, all!

Happy weekend! Hope everyone is enjoying the sunshine!

Today is True Confessions Day! So, I thought we could turn that around and make our confessions useful for each other!

Weekend QOTD: Time to confess! What is your least favorite part about staying healthy/losing weight? What steps do you take to motivate yourself to keep going? What has worked for you in the past that you'd advise someone to do who was having the same problem?

BBL with replies I hope!

Oh my goodness! So much to catch up on! The past few days have been crazy. Someone told me to explore the field of psychology as a career path and I have been inhaling everything I've read the past few days to find out! Unfortunately, it makes everything 10 times more confusing, but what are you gonna do? LOL

But, I'm about 2 pounds away from a healthy BMI and I feel great about that!!

My Woohoo Wednesday is that I went out several times this week to meet various friends, and each time I ate (mostly) healthy. Turkey burgers instead of burgers, half a baked potato instead of french fries, iced tea instead of a cocktail. It felt great to be able to enjoy meals out and not feel incredibly guilty about it later.

I got Stitch as my sidekick - I do think it has something to do with picking Margaritas... :rolleyes1

And my confession today of the hardest thing for me is GETTING OUT OF BED to exercise! Seriously. If I could work out at 3 in the morning and not have it disrupt my life and my sleep habits I would. But, I do various things to help - I put my alarm in another room, sleep in my workout clothes, or set an automatic timer for a light.

I'm in management and having issues with my staff which is taking it's toll as far as my stress level is concerned. That being said I haven't done what I typically do which is reach for the glazed donuts in the pink box that someone brought to the office. I looooovvve glazed donuts, so gooey and sweet...sorry, got distracted there for a minute.;)

Anyway, I've been a good girl. Now if only I could resolve my staff issues with a wave of my magic wand!pixiedust:

I completely hear you on this. Staff issues is the worst, and can affect your mood all day long. HUGS! And good for you on the donuts!

And this new eating plan (vegetarian type of paleo/primal) is working really, really well. Down another half pound today. The best part--I am still eating some really tasty treats--they just aren't full of sugar and bad carbs.

So happy to hear that! :thumbsup2

I saw a wonderful film yesterday: The Grand Budapest Hotel. It was just so lovely, funny (but not a true comedy), creative. I can only recommend it!!

Will definitely put it on my list!

QOTD:
I am doing very well with thinking before eating and not give in to temptations this week. After not eating my own cupcakes on Monday, yesterday before the film we went to an Italian restaurant for dinner. The pizzas smelled so good, but I got a wonderful salad instead with grilled filet of lamb! About every second meal I also manage to remember to slow down. So greta progress with regard to conscious eating for me!

YAY! All sounds like great progress!!

woohoo Wednesday -- I went (Monday) to the gym with my DD 17, after school which is a hard time of the day for me and I really wanted to back out but she cheered me on and so we went! :teeth: also yesterday I got the dog out for a much needed walk, both of us needed a walk outside...we miss those!

:woohoo:

Anyhow, the point is you are a success. Even though you might not be where you want to be at this moment, you have been maintaining a healthy weight for YEARS and that is awesome! This is just a bump in the road, and I have no doubt you will find a way to get back to a place you feel good about.:goodvibes :hug:

100% agree with this!

well my Whoo hoo is Monday at work we welcomed our new boss with local donuts, coffee, and fruit and I welcomed her with just coffee.. I did take a donut but brought it back to my desk and as I was looking at it I decided yes it would taste SOOOOOOOO good but I'd beat myself up and give myself an excuse to ruin the WHOLE day so I wraped it up and brought it down to the Hubs in the kitchen for a treat! then when I went to the gym I shared that I jogged for a total of 6 mins and yesterday even though Hubs didn't want to go to the gym I still went to Zumba and gave him an errand list and he just came back and got me!

That's REALLY amazing. Congratulations!!

This morning I am .2 away from my first milestone! I have no clue how and I know at some point the scale will skyrocket because of the last two days of eating, but right now it feels good! :smokin:

:thumbsup2

I have an unofficial question for whoever feels like answering:

What do you do, if a gym membership or classes are not within your budget, and the weather is just not being kind to your metal parts? Do you pop in a video, or hit the mall? I need ideas for when I can't walk outside. I used to do BeFit in 90, but I got bored and discouraged. I am thinking of ballet barre in my kitchen as a warm up...

I do Power 90 at home. Once I got the hang of it, I started doing the weight training using a list of exercises in Power 90 I found online, but without actually watching the videos. This way, I can up the weight and go at my own pace. The cardio can get monotonous sometimes, but when it gets warmer, I'll replace it with running if I get bored. Honestly, any exercise is exercise, so find something that you love!

My habit has been to eat lunch at my desk while working because I feel like I need to be available to the staff and physicians at all times. As difficult as it is to do, I need to realize that it's ok to take a breather at some point during the chaos of the day. So with that in mind, I actually left the office for a bit to have lunch at Starbucks with my administrative assistant. It was a beautiful day and felt so good to get some fresh air and sunshine. Don't get me wrong, my boss and I do get out every once in a while but only when we're fully staffed and having a fairly slow day. When things get crazy is when I actually need to take a time out in order to regain some sanity. Baby steps I guess.

That's a great step! Its true- even just walking around for a couple of minutes in the sunshine can completely change your stress level during the day. WTG!

Hope you slept well last night and hope you are staying WARM in these continued winter condition!

I am! Seems that they decided to fix the heat for the last couple of weeks of winter haha

:thumbsup2 I too have been working on SLOWING DOWN my eating... most especially at breakfast that I often eat alone and I am usually hungry. Yesterday I tried to put down the yogurt bowl and grab a sip of coffee or tea between bites and to take much smaller bites. Baby steps! OOOHhh... that can be my WOOHOO Wednesday!! PHew!

YAY!!!! :woohoo:

OMG!! You have TOTALLY nailed it! And I hate to even admit it out loud, but you are TOTALLY CORRECT that NOT having DD here and NOT being "forced" to be at the gym daily has been a MASSIVE part of the new struggle. I need to start thinking about my NEW LIFE SCHEDULE. Especially since DD may not even be coming home for the summer!

And thanks for what you said about my members relating to me because the weight loss/exercise challenge is REAL for me. I try SO HARD to keep it real during my meetings. I never want to come off as "cured" or "perfect" or "doing it all right". But at the same time I want to be motivating and encouraging and if I am throwing in the towel in regards to exercise, how can I possibly encourage others? Time to put on my big girl panties! Thanks for being such a great friend and taking the time to give me some great words of advise and encouragement!!:thumbsup2

You're a rock star and an inspiration to us all. Glad you took the time to realize it!

We all need one every once in awhile! Sorry things aren't moving the way you want them too. Hopefully things will change soon!

I got bored with my GarminFit app, so downloaded one called runtastic on the recommendation of a work colleague......it's great. It shows the map of my run with colour coding - green when I was doing well, amber when I was doing OK and red when I was slacking!!!! Used it yesterday morning and I was slacking runnng up the only hill in the area where I live!!! No surprise there.

Sounds like an amazing app! Filing that away from the future! And WTG on the pace! Sorry about the vacation time - hopefully you'll get to make that up soon!

Hmmm, so I got Stitch in the quiz.......really not sure how I feel about that!!! Never really though he was a margarita kinda guy!!!!!!

RIGHT? But I guess, Hawaii, surfing, relaxing, makes sense!

last time he was gone I was able to get into a good mojo, so I want to repeat that next week! I have been back at the gym though this month, so hopefully the change up in my WO will bring lower numbers on the scale in the coming weeks

Sounds like you have two things working for you this week! Hope it shows you some results!

Happy Friday all! I hope you have great weigh ins. I'm feeling discouraged. I lose .8lbs but I worked out all week and ate really well. I know it is a loss and I should be happy but I'm bummed.

I'm sure it will make for an even bigger one next week! You got this!

Sorry you weren't feeling so hot, Liz! But, I hope you are on the road to recovery! Or at least, I hope you made it through the Rock & Roll Half today! Beautiful weather for it! Any only four weeks until WDW - you can definitely make it! :)

Woohoo! I'm sure it will be reflected on Monday, and you'll be able to move those beads!!!

Good for you!!! WTG! :thumbsup2

Here is the Pi-ku: Hello Pi / Oh… / Endless digits [/I]

That was so cute!!! A couple years ago, one of my friends realized that 2015 would be the real Pi day - 3.14.15 - so he created this facebook invite for a date 4 YEARS IN THE FUTURE! So funny how I am still attending it and now its only a year away!!

So I weighted in this morning and lost .5 of lb. that was good I was struggling just a bit this week with the low carb stuff and I have only worked out 5 days this whole month.. better get moving!

Hope you enjoy your scrapbooking weekend, and congrats on the loss!

WHEW! All caught up! Happy weekend, everyone!

HolidayCastleCopyrightDisney.jpg

image Disney (c)

If you can dream it, you can do it. -- Walt Disney

It's Motivational Monday! Today's 5 tips to help motivate you to diet success come from webmd.com.

It turns out that the key to losing and keeping weight off isn't simply a matter of what you eat or how much you exercise - it's your attitude. Lasting weight loss is a slow process and it's all too easy to give up before you reach your goal. With the right psychological tools your chances of diet success can be greatly improved.

Diet Motivation Tip 1: Set Realistic Goals for Diet Success
The first step to maintaining your mojo should take place before you cut a single calorie. In fact, one of the strongest predictors of long-term diet success lies in setting the right goal at the start. "If you set unattainable goals, such as losing 30 pounds in just a few months, you're setting yourself up to fail," says Ann Kulze, MD, author of Dr. Ann's 10-Step Diet: A Simple Plan for Permanent Weight Loss and Lifelong Vitality. Instead, you'll be more likely to stick with a diet if you "focus on your health and create sensible eating strategies," says Kulze. Setting smaller, attainable benchmarks, like losing 5 pounds or a single dress size, will give you the confidence to continue.

Diet Motivation Tip 2: Go Slow
Diet success entails making real lifestyle changes, and that doesn't happen overnight. "You have a better chance at keeping the weight off if you lose it slowly. People who are starving get irritable and have a higher failure rate," Kulze tells WebMD. "If you cut back 200 calories a day, you won't even realize it and the weight will come off and stay off." If you keep in mind that optimal weight loss is 1 to 2 pounds a week, you'll be less frustrated

Diet Motivation Tip 3: Expect Setbacks
Everyone is bound to give in to temptation (hello, hot fudge sundae) from time to time. The danger isn't a single splurge but letting it become an excuse for an all-out binge. Call it the "I've already blown it so I might as well eat the entire bag of Oreos" syndrome.

Diet Motivation Tip 4: Don't Be a Perfectionist
So what do you do if you've scarfed down a pint of ice cream before noon? "Perfectionist thinking gets in the way of success more than anything I know," according to Vicki Saunders, RD, who oversees the inpatient weight loss and lifestyle program called Transformations at St. Helena Hospital in Napa, Calif. "A 100-calorie indulgence is just that. But if it's perceived as a failure and a reason to give up, it can turn into a thousand-calorie indulgence." Bottom line when you slip up: Forget about it. Tomorrow is a new (healthier) day.

Diet Motivation Tip 5: Use the Buddy System
"It's hard to make major lifestyle changes when you're swimming upstream by yourself," says Saunders. Finding other people with similar goals can greatly improve yours odds of diet success. When your spirit - or willpower - flags, having people to call on can provide the support you need to continue. Saunders recommends looking for people at your local gym or Y, Overeaters Anonymous, or an online support group. "Having a support group to turn to, whether it's your family or people in a weight-loss chat room, can make all the difference" for diet success.

Here is a link to the entire article if you are interested http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/diet-motivation-tips?page=1

QOTD Mondsay, March 10, 2014: What helps you to feel motivated on this journey to healthy living? Is it one of the ideas above or maybe something else?

BBL with replies and my own answer . . . thanks to the time change I feel like I am already behind with my day and it's not even 6 a.m. :scared:

Thanks for this!! It seems to me, we need to be in this for the long term. Life changes that you can live with so the pounds don't just creep back on.

I don't know if I would go with sweet. They are total brats! :lmao:

Timmy as a baby
DSC_0906.jpg
They are very cute. I saw one once at a pet store in a little carrier.

Today is my official weigh in day and I am down .8. It is good, but oh so frustrating! I have the pinterest bead jar thing going and I HATE not being able to move a bead this week! (for those that haven't seen it, you start with two identical jars. You put a bead in one jar for every pound between you and your goal weight. As you lose, you move a bead from the "to be lost" jar to the "gone forever" jar. Its a good visual and a good reminder of your goals without being really obvious to others. Its pretty too!). So I didn't get to move a bead this week. Grr.

On a positive note, I ran a 7:30 mile pace in gym class this morning without having to stop before we were instructed to. Its the fastest I have been able to maintain, so I am thrilled!

Love this idea!! We also share the same middle name. I was always called Shelly Rae. We are from the mid west originally. My grandfather was Ray.

Hi Pjlla fellow NHer. I knew you had to be close to me. I tried the surfing place too! I got DD and DS gift certificates for Xmas. We went over Feb break. DS crashed early, DD did OK. I did pretty well. I surprised myself and the instructor. Wiping out was tough on the palms of my hands. I couldn't clap for days. http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/rotfl2.gif
It is very different from real surfing. You stand up while the instructor holds the board, much easier than pushing from your stomach to your feet in one smooth motion while balancing on a surf board. I won't rush right back for indoor surfing. I haven't surfed outdoors since my weight loss so I am anxious to try it 40lbs lighter.

Hi Everyone, I think I've got this multiquote thing down. All in All it was a good week because I still lost almost a pound.My kids did get the day off on thurdsay because of snow. I have kept up with cardio and trying to eat well. Its exactly 6 weeks til vacation, so I need to keep focused on these last 12 pounds (6 this month and 6 next month)
I still can't manage the emoticons. :(
I had the same fears about this foray myself, Magdalene. That is one of the reasons why I started over completely and joined the C25K group (it's called No Boundaries by FleetFeet but it is the same idea). I don't stay with the group but am any where from 20 to 100 feet behind them. The coach told me sometimes they get strung out 1/2 mile as the program progresses. They also run in all weather no matter what and no complaining -- I can't even complain? But I tell myself I can do anything for 12 weeks and I have to admit I am really enjoying it -- so far out of my comfort zone I might almost be to where the magic happens. ;)

I was running but kind of hated it. Maybe with a running group it will be better. I know a couple of women from the gym that run three times a week, but never asked to join them because I know I can't keep up. Maybe I will try to find a beginners group.

Morning, everyone! Its that time again!!

:cool1::woohoo:Happy WOOHOO Wednesday!!! :cool1::woohoo:

QOTD Wednesday, March 12: What is one thing this week you've done that you feel great about? Something on the scale or in measurements or going down a size? Or a non-scale victory like a new amount of pushups? Crunches? Or better eating habits? Take a moment to celebrate something, even if it is small!

:dance3:

I was a size 14 jean and now I am a size 6 curvey.

:hippie:

I am so happy to have enjoyed such balmy, beautiful weather this week, and I made the most of it - NSV, hit 10,000 steps using my fitbit flex. YAYYY!

the weather is about to stink out loud for about 2 days, so I am planning to squeeze in another excursion tonight, just to make up for the potential loss of motivation I typically feel at the onset of SNOW.

I have an unofficial question for whoever feels like answering:

What do you do, if a gym membership or classes are not within your budget, and the weather is just not being kind to your metal parts? Do you pop in a video, or hit the mall? I need ideas for when I can't walk outside. I used to do BeFit in 90, but I got bored and discouraged. I am thinking of ballet barre in my kitchen as a warm up...

Maybe a gym membership isn't out of your range. Watch for specials. We have a anytime fitness that runs specials for $15/month.
Check with the Library for DVDS that you can try. If you like it then you can purchase it.

Happy Thursday, everyone!

Today is National Open an Umbrella Inside Day! Its a chance to break superstitions and tempt fate! Is there something you do each day that doesn't go along with what is known to be "good for you"?

QOTD Thursday, March 13th: What is the one piece of advice you found didn't work for you and your health, despite all the "experts" of the internet telling you to do it/not do it?

BBL with replies!

Weighing yourself everyday. I get so frustrated that I was so good and the next morning I'm up a couple of pounds. I can't go a week or 2 weeks as someone suggested because then I'm not connected to what I ate at all. Maybe every other day or twice a week?? I'm still trying to figure it out.

Hang in there!!

Its Friday Funday!

I got Sven from Frozen LOL!!

:cool1:

Afternoon, all!

Today is True Confessions Day! So, I thought we could turn that around and make our confessions useful for each other!

Weekend QOTD: Time to confess! What is your least favorite part about staying healthy/losing weight? What steps do you take to motivate yourself to keep going? What has worked for you in the past that you'd advise someone to do who was having the same problem?

BBL with replies I hope!
My least favorite part of losing weight is eating less.
Setting goals
Find something you really like to do or want to have that you normally wouldn't do or get. The first time you reward yourself you will be surprised at how much you appreciate it and want more.

Was having the best day. Slept in got up no one was at the pool-had the whole thing to myself so I swam for an hour. Same with the jacuzzi and sauna-- had the whole place to myself! It was a rare nice sunny day her so I think that was why. Got home read a little walking dead comics and husband fixed me some fried eggs for lunch lol. This happens maybe a few times a year and I'd been complaining he hadn't for awhile so it was nice. Left for work on my bike and had plenty of time so was taking it easy and then I got hit by a car! I had crossed over to the wrong side of the road and was on the sidewalk and a car stopped at a stop sign so I went ahead but then so did he and he wasn't looking my way. I know better then to ride the wrong side but it's hard crossing up the road more. Anyway I wasn't hurt just a few bumps and the guy took my bike over to his close by business and drove me to work. He said he'd fix my tire by monday-it was flat and a little bent. Well, I'll be more careful now...

:cool1:

My least favorite part of losing weight is eating less.
Setting goals
Find something you really like to do or want to have that you normally wouldn't do or get. The first time you reward yourself you will be surprised at how much you appreciate it and want more.

Was having the best day. Slept in got up no one was at the pool-had the whole thing to myself so I swam for an hour. Same with the jacuzzi and sauna-- had the whole place to myself! It was a rare nice sunny day her so I think that was why. Got home read a little walking dead comics and husband fixed me some fried eggs for lunch lol. This happens maybe a few times a year and I'd been complaining he hadn't for awhile so it was nice. Left for work on my bike and had plenty of time so was taking it easy and then I got hit by a car! I had crossed over to the wrong side of the road and was on the sidewalk and a car stopped at a stop sign so I went ahead but then so did he and he wasn't looking my way. I know better then to ride the wrong side but it's hard crossing up the road more. Anyway I wasn't hurt just a few bumps and the guy took my bike over to his close by business and drove me to work. He said he'd fix my tire by monday-it was flat and a little bent. Well, I'll be more careful now...

Oh my goodness, reading your news, everything was going so well then BANG! I hope you are ok? Glad you weren't hurt. Hope all goes well PM Monday and you get your bike back ready for the road. It is a lovely start to the day here in Shropshire, UK and a coffee in the garden is very tempting...

Happy Sunday everyone!!

I finally remembered to step on the scale this morning - last two mornings I had to rush out of the house and totally forgot. Seems like I am slowly moving forward with a little over one pound lost every week. If I can keep that going until my cruise, I think I will be happy with my results!

One of the best things I did this year so far with regard to weight loss was signing up for the WISH Exercise challenge. I had seen it around for some time, but never joined. I find it very motivating to have a goal of minutes to work towards and have committed to 30 minutes per day. This really encouraged me to do something every day that is not part of my usual routine (e.g. walking to lunch does not count).

Today I started the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I ordered the set from Amazon in the US since it is not being sold in Germany and with the shipping (which was really reasonable, the Disneystore wants 70$ for shipping internationally, Amazon only charged 12$) and the import duty it was not really cheap, but I saw it as a treat to myself!

I really really enjoyed the first DVD that I did today. It is far more fast paced than 30 Day Shred and I really like the fact that tomorrow and the day after I will be something else. 30 DS became rather repetitive after a few days. This one is so that you do strength exercises for the front of the body one day, then for the back of the body the next day and then one day of cardio, then repeat, then one day of rest and then week 2 is the same again as week 1. After two weeks you get new exercises. In total it is 6 different sets of exercises, so a 12 weeks program. I will only be able to do half of it before my cruise. But have the best intentions to restart it again after the vacation and then do it through the summer. I hope I will get into a routine of doing the DVDs in the morning and then add also in a few runs in the evenings... Planning on doing that tonight. I am going to my parents (they live a nice 10 minute walk away) this afternoon and decided to wear my running clothes to see them and then I will run back (with a detour to make it worth it). Another idea which I have the best intentions for is to take my running clothes to work with me, get changed at the end of the day and run home. Hmmm, I could even then make sure to wear fresh running clothes back to the office to leave those there for the next run home... Oh, all those great ideas of getting exercise into my daily routine!! :goodvibes

I guess I am currently on an exercise high from my DVD! :lmao:

I totally understand being bummed about the effort not showing. But the one thing I learned is that weight loss it not linear. There are weeks when losing is easier than others and sometimes all the effort needs time to start showing. Unfortunately the only way to get the scale moving in the right direction is to continue what you are doing! Hang in there!!

6 weeks for me!!! :cool1::cool1:

It is a lovely start to the day here in Shropshire, UK and a coffee in the garden is very tempting...

After two weeks of sunshine we have the grey weather here now... Hope you are enjoying the outdoors!!

My ex-boyfriend lives in Herefordshire and we ventured to Shropshire quite a few times and I really love that area of England. To me it is so garden-like, not nearly as much industrial farming as we have here in Bavaria. It's really been far too long since I was in the UK, we used to travel there quite a bit as a family (my father, my sister and I walked the whole South West Coast Past in pieces over about 10 years) and then I was at university in London for a year and ended up with an English boyfriend. But over the last 6 years or so I have been to the US much more than the UK, partly due to Disney....

Left for work on my bike and had plenty of time so was taking it easy and then I got hit by a car! I had crossed over to the wrong side of the road and was on the sidewalk and a car stopped at a stop sign so I went ahead but then so did he and he wasn't looking my way. I know better then to ride the wrong side but it's hard crossing up the road more. Anyway I wasn't hurt just a few bumps and the guy took my bike over to his close by business and drove me to work. He said he'd fix my tire by monday-it was flat and a little bent. Well, I'll be more careful now...

:scared1: I am so glad to hear that you are well! Hopefully the bike is reparable!!!

My Woohoo Wednesday is that I went out several times this week to meet various friends, and each time I ate (mostly) healthy. Turkey burgers instead of burgers, half a baked potato instead of french fries, iced tea instead of a cocktail. It felt great to be able to enjoy meals out and not feel incredibly guilty about it later.

Congratulations on being nearly not overweight anymore!! Well done!! And being able to go out and still make good choices is such a great thing!!

Portion control. I just really enjoy eating, meaning putting food (well, good-tasting food) in my mouth. Eating small portions I tend to feel deprived because the eating process is over too quickly. I love huge portions where the eating never stops... But then I also tend to eat too mindlessly to often and don't even concentrate on the eating. So I am trying to eat smaller bites, chew longer and just generally slow down when eating more in order to enjoy the eating process more, so that hopefully when my tiny portion is eaten I will feel that I have eaten long enough and am happy with it.

Well done!! :thumbsup2

Dh and I are still in a debate over our upcoming vacation. We have a cruise booked May 11 out of Port Canaveral. How can I be so close to Mickey and not visit!?! But we also have a WDW trip planned for the fall. We were planning on just buying regular tickets for the fall, but if we set foot in a park this spring, it is more economical in the long run to buy APs. Adding $1300 on top of a WDW hotel and then cruise and its related expenses makes this a VERY expensive trip. We had to cancel our plans for a Europe trip this spring when the costs just got out of hand (we went with the cruise instead). But adding in the Disney expenses, makes this very similar in price to the trip we vetoed. But buying APs pays for a large chunk of our fall trip and gives us a plan for next spring as well. Ugh! First world problems! :rolleyes2

Lot's of interesting travel planning there!!! :thumbsup2 Have you looked for any hotel discounts yet? Or maybe consider staying off-site for the spring WDW trip? With the AP parking is free at WDW, so that part of the bonus of staying on-site is gone anyway. Also, now that APs get Magic Bands and can make FP+ reservations, you won't be as disadvantaged in that regard as the other off-site guests.

Hope you have a great weekend!!

In celebration of today being “Pi Day” here is a Pi-ku, which is like Haiku, only it mirrors the digits of pi: the first line has three syllables, the second line has one syllable, the third line has four syllables and so on.

Here is the Pi-ku: Hello Pi / Oh… / Endless digits

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

:lmao: I love this!!!

Afternoon, all!

BBL with replies I hope!

Thanks for coaching, Stacey! :thanks:

Hmm, true confession, the hardest thing about staying healthy to me right now is the constant vigilance and how slowly it comes off and how quickly it comes back. :faint: My advise for this problem is never, ever, ever, ever give up! :hippie:

slow-progress-is-still-progress.jpg

Oh my goodness! So much to catch up on! The past few days have been crazy. Someone told me to explore the field of psychology as a career path and I have been inhaling everything I've read the past few days to find out! Unfortunately, it makes everything 10 times more confusing, but what are you gonna do? LOL

:woohoo: I know you will be in the healthy BMI range very soon! :yay:

I heard a report last week on NPR about a shortage of psychologists nationwide and that if you were willing to move to a rural area for a couple of years after you graduated they would pay for your schooling. :cool2:

Love this idea!! We also share the same middle name. I was always called Shelly Rae. We are from the mid west originally. My grandfather was Ray.

Cool! In my midwestern household when you heard your middle name you knew you were in trouble! :rotfl:

Left for work on my bike and had plenty of time so was taking it easy and then I got hit by a car! I had crossed over to the wrong side of the road and was on the sidewalk and a car stopped at a stop sign so I went ahead but then so did he and he wasn't looking my way. I know better then to ride the wrong side but it's hard crossing up the road more. Anyway I wasn't hurt just a few bumps and the guy took my bike over to his close by business and drove me to work. He said he'd fix my tire by monday-it was flat and a little bent. Well, I'll be more careful now...

Wow so scary! :scared: Glad that you are okay, Susan! :flower3:

Oh my goodness, reading your news, everything was going so well then BANG! I hope you are ok? Glad you weren't hurt. Hope all goes well PM Monday and you get your bike back ready for the road. It is a lovely start to the day here in Shropshire, UK and a coffee in the garden is very tempting...

Some time in the garden today sounds lovely! ::yes::

I finally remembered to step on the scale this morning - last two mornings I had to rush out of the house and totally forgot. Seems like I am slowly moving forward with a little over one pound lost every week. If I can keep that going until my cruise, I think I will be happy with my results!

One of the best things I did this year so far with regard to weight loss was signing up for the WISH Exercise challenge. I had seen it around for some time, but never joined. I find it very motivating to have a goal of minutes to work towards and have committed to 30 minutes per day. This really encouraged me to do something every day that is not part of my usual routine (e.g. walking to lunch does not count).

Today I started the Jillian Michaels Body Revolution. I ordered the set from Amazon in the US since it is not being sold in Germany and with the shipping (which was really reasonable, the Disneystore wants 70$ for shipping internationally, Amazon only charged 12$) and the import duty it was not really cheap, but I saw it as a treat to myself!

I really really enjoyed the first DVD that I did today. It is far more fast paced than 30 Day Shred and I really like the fact that tomorrow and the day after I will be something else. 30 DS became rather repetitive after a few days. This one is so that you do strength exercises for the front of the body one day, then for the back of the body the next day and then one day of cardio, then repeat, then one day of rest and then week 2 is the same again as week 1. After two weeks you get new exercises. In total it is 6 different sets of exercises, so a 12 weeks program. I will only be able to do half of it before my cruise. But have the best intentions to restart it again after the vacation and then do it through the summer. I hope I will get into a routine of doing the DVDs in the morning and then add also in a few runs in the evenings... Planning on doing that tonight. I am going to my parents (they live a nice 10 minute walk away) this afternoon and decided to wear my running clothes to see them and then I will run back (with a detour to make it worth it). Another idea which I have the best intentions for is to take my running clothes to work with me, get changed at the end of the day and run home. Hmmm, I could even then make sure to wear fresh running clothes back to the office to leave those there for the next run home... Oh, all those great ideas of getting exercise into my daily routine!! :goodvibes

I guess I am currently on an exercise high from my DVD! :lmao:

Sounds like you are really enjoying your new Jillian DVDs, Magdalene! The Shred does get a little repetitive for sure. ::yes:: Great ideas for increasing the exercise, too. I always have extra workout clothes and shoes stashed in my car to avoid the "I forgot my stuff" excuse to skip the gym although I have to admit the first thing in the morning workouts have been best for me.

How much longer until your cruise? :beach:

Enjoy your Sunday all! :goodvibes:

After two weeks of sunshine we have the grey weather here now... Hope you are enjoying the outdoors!!

My ex-boyfriend lives in Herefordshire and we ventured to Shropshire quite a few times and I really love that area of England. To me it is so garden-like, not nearly as much industrial farming as we have here in Bavaria. It's really been far too long since I was in the UK, we used to travel there quite a bit as a family (my father, my sister and I walked the whole South West Coast Past in pieces over about 10 years) and then I was at university in London for a year and ended up with an English boyfriend. But over the last 6 years or so I have been to the US much more than the UK, partly due to Disney....

:love: I love Disney and I would relocate from UK. It has been lovely to sit out in the garden,I got the family their lunch ( good thing about the warm weather is I don't want to eat out in the sun, so I cooked for everyone else but just had a cup of tea). We do always try to have a traditional Sunday roast dinner so I am saving my calories for that later ( once the sun has gone down). Could you tell me a bit more about why it is partly due to Disne?:goodvibes

Hmm, true confession, the hardest thing about staying healthy to me right now is the constant vigilance and how slowly it comes off and how quickly it comes back. My advise for this problem is never, ever, ever, ever give up!

Jules here - I know Helen has told me how to do the quote but... I still haven't got it. I just wanted to say 'Amen' to this quote. I just said today that I really hope I can maintain if I lose this weight. This time last year I was 28 lb lighter but the weight crept back on. This group helps me so much here. I am the worst at weekends. We are going to Disney in July and it would be great if I could lose a bit more by then. I am working on 1 - 2 lbs per week as a realistic goal. I tried to find an app for weight loss to show a graph because that helps me, but I couldn't really find one that gave the visual I wanted. If anyone knows a good one please let me know.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter