• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Away the Pounds -- Jolly June AND JULY Challenge -- Everyone Welcome!

I'd like to join June late. I have 4 months to go and a goal of 5 pounds a month to lose before our trip in October. I was at 145 when I started last month and I lost 5 pounds in May by running and eating right but I've not lost anything this month so far. I need some accountability and inspiration. I've gained a dreadful spare tire and more after my third baby and it has NOT come off like the other two did. I've always heard that it is the third that does it. I'll go running tonight, promise! And no more digging in to the kids movie night treats! Good luck everyone!
:woohoo:

Welcome! Make sure you read the first post and you can go ahead and pm your starting weight. :)

Molli--so nice to see you! And so glad you had a good visit! I love when I can chat with other people with c-d. Makes you feel not so alone.

Eliza32--Loved your pictures! What a beautiful place. No wonder you love it so much.:goodvibes

WOOHOO WEDNESDAY--I have tracked every day this week! And stayed in my range. Four people got laid off yesterday at my work, and despite the stress and emotions I exercised. I am going to come clean--I had a beer and ice cream for dinner. :scared1: But that's all I had, so I was in my range for the day and the scale is slowly coming down.

Despite years of doing this, I am still shocked at how quickly the calories add up. So as much as I dislike logging every thing, it is definitely working!

Hoping to see a nice little loss this week. :goodvibes

I walked three miles this morning and I am now off to yoga.

Have a great Wednesday!

Okay..... I popped on thinking I might be able to get caught up, but of course the phone keeps ringing and things keep cropping up when I try to find a minute to read. So I am officially saying that I do NOT have time to catch up, but will try to stay current from here for now.

DD graduates this Saturday and while we have pushed the party back into July, there is still a ton of stuff to do around here, plus of course, I am still in party-prep mode. My parents are the only guests we will have this weekend. My DMIL decided that 2 hours each way is to long a ride (even with DSIL driving her) and DSIL is having some issues in her own household, so we cut her some slack and told her to relax and not make the drive. Plus, honestly, it definitely helped ME to be able to relax a bit.... it is easier to have my OWN parents up and kind of "fly by the seat of our pants" than having DSIL and DMIL up and needing to plan a fancy meal, etc.

I did my second WW meeting yesterday and was gratified with some new members and some returning Lifetime Members who need to get back to goal weight. Exciting to see my meeting growing before my very eyes! The "at work" meeting that was supposed to start up today is on hold until they can get it up to the minimum number of 15 members. That's okay with me for now... I am just TOO busy!

I cannot believe is is 11:15 already and I have gotten SO LITTLE done! My new fridge was delivered yesterday and it is a beauty... and so big and clean and shiny! But of course, the kitchen counter is still covered with tools (DH needed to hook up the water and attach the door handles) and I wasn't here when it was delivered so DH just kind of plopped the food into with no rhyme of reason, so I need to figure out how to organize it.

Off to get SOMETHING accomplished today!...............P

Good morning all! :goodvibes

Apparently I got poofed yesterday and didn't even realize it. Going to just start from here and call it good. :thumbsup2

Anywhere my kids aren't. :lmao: It's been too long since I've felt as ease, I guess. And if you don't include Disney, well...

:lmao:

I am here! I am too far behind to read and catch up! I had a lovely long weekend catching up and swapping war stories with my good "Cushie" friends I got to meet through our online group; Monday was a day of running and today i'm trying to catch up! though it will take me more than one day I fear!

this week I decided to juice...lots of veggies from Costco. going to juice, eat one good sensible meal and on workout days start the day with a protein smoothie. one of my friends this weekend said she thought I looked like i'm retaining a lot of fluids. so since DH out of town this week thought would be a good week to do. Also 6 weeks until cruise and today I saw a number I haven't since before my cushings diagnosis! :woohoo:

:woohoo: Molli for a new number on the scale!

Sorry that it took me longer than expected to update the first post, but now all the weigh ins I have received are up there!

I am still missing a lot of weight reports!!! Please don't be shy, send them to me and I will try to update them as soon as I can!!

I am also still missing the weight and goal for a few people. If your name is not in bold, I don't have your start weight!

I hope you are all doing well, life here is pretty stressful and I am not eating as well as I should... But not too bad either. I did have a nice small loss last week and then was away during the weekend and when I stepped on the scale on Monday I had gained 5 pounds!!!! :scared1: And it isn't even TOM... But I can tell that it is water, I feel very heavy and sluggish... WEll, I guess it will disappear and then scale will be nicer to me again.

I am also struggling a little with weight watchers as I feel that I just don't have enough points to not be hungry... Which then makes me eat junk because I am soooooooo hungry. :confused3

Sorry for the stressful and hungry times, Magdalene. :hug: I would not be afraid to eat all my APs and weekly points at first while your body is adjusting to the new WW regime. I'm sure once your body adjust all that water weight will go poof. pixiedust: When I am hungry I will try the free fruits and vegetables. If that doesn't work then I will go for a power food to try and get more bang for my points buck. It will get easier. Hang in there! :flower3:

I know I am one of the folks who hasn't sent in an updated number because I haven't been to WW yet this week. Tomorrow is the day. The number on the home scale is looking good. Keeping my fingers crossed the WW scale is just as kind. :goodvibes

I'm nuts. I registered.
I'm scared as all get out but I think I can do it. I just need to shed some more weight. I must must must be 100% OP from now until the race.

You have 252 days, Buffy, so lots of time to train and get ready to rock and roll. princess:

I know it's too late to help you with your food dilemma today but chocolate milk is a good thing to have when you need a little something else -- protein and chocolate -- yum! ::yes::

I'd like to join June late. I have 4 months to go and a goal of 5 pounds a month to lose before our trip in October. I was at 145 when I started last month and I lost 5 pounds in May by running and eating right but I've not lost anything this month so far. I need some accountability and inspiration. I've gained a dreadful spare tire and more after my third baby and it has NOT come off like the other two did. I've always heard that it is the third that does it. I'll go running tonight, promise! And no more digging in to the kids movie night treats! Good luck everyone!

:welcome: Sounds like you are already off to a great start this summer. :cool2:

Morning all! Sorry to be away so much...life is busy! I should have some time later today to catch up with you all. For now I'll just say hello and good bye! .......P

Hi Pamela! :wave2:

since its wednesday and I don't see a ?? of the day yet --how about we do WHOOO HOOOO WEDNESDAY and you can share something your excited about - anything at all.. :yay:
for me it is that the challenged didn't start at work they are pushing it back a few weeks but I started none the less..
I did walk on Monday but we had monsooning rain yesterday but it should clear up today so Ill walk again which is fine because I said I was going to walk 4 days..
I did start my modified 30 day abs on Monday.. I did 10 situps, 5 crunches and leg raises and a 10 second plank .. I also did it yesterday dispite having a KILLER headache.. and today I go up to 15 situps, 8 crunches and leg raises and a 12 second plank.. (planks btw are horrid :crazy2:) LOL

BAMB - I would have a fruit smoothie or nuts like other suggested.. or maybe celery and PB? BTW congrats on registering!

Wow, Amanda, you are doing great! :yay:

:woohoo: for being OP all week, Rose!

Helen, I did enjoy your pictures, especially Tinside Lido! :beach:

Have a great day all! :goodvibes

Rose..... just seeing the post now about your puppy. So very sorry that it came to that. :hug:

Good evening everyone.

I need to join in on this month. I am sorry I have been missing in action for the last few weeks. Life has been pretty busy here.

I need to lose some weight by the end of Aug since tonight I am booking a trip to DW. It started a couple of weeks ago. My birthday was May 29th. I opened my email and there was a pin code for free dining the end of AUg just before I go back to school. I was reading my horoscope for my birthday and it said to book and Aug trip. The next day I opened another email and there was another pin code. The last straw was a mailing that came to the house with a pin code.

Dh could have thrown it out and not tell me about but he held on to it and left it on the table. We did talk about it last week in passing and we said we couldn't do it. Yesterday we went on a long drive and he brought it up. We decided we would do it but not tell anyone about it. So I have to tell someone so I am here.

SInce we would be staying at Pop Century we would only have the counter serve meals but that is fine with us. The package was a great price including room food and tickets. Now the only thing that is dragging me down it the price of the airfare. (Please send Pixie dust that I can get a good fare) Dh said just book something. We are going.

This is a big celebration for us. We will be celebrating 35 years of marriage in Aug and at the end of the month dh will be retiring. Add on that both of our sets parents are not in the best of health I think we could use a week to ourselves.

Rose I am sorry to hear about your dog. It is so sad when that happens. I had to put our last dog down while my dh and sons were at the Boy Scout Jamboree. It was tough.

Pamela and B&MB congrats on all the awards.

Thanks!!

Off to finish dinner.
Have a happy and healthy day.

Sounds like a wonderful time to take a "just the two of you" trip!! I take it you are taking advantage of free dining? I got a PIN in the mail very shortly after returning home! It was definitely a gut-kick moment, KNOWING that there was no way I could use that PIN. Glad you are able to use yours!!

Rose sorry about your fur baby! :flower3:

Wow sounds like some great year end celebrations and everyone is home from their trips so let's go get 'em for the rest of the month!

Today we start a challenge at work - it's for 7 weeks and called In It to Lose It and we have a team of 5 people and get daily points for things like 30 mins of continous activity, no fried foods,no sweetened bevergaes, less 2 hrs of screen time - not including work - 5 servings of fruits and veggies and approved bonus activiy that will get sent out in an email.. everyone who loses 4% (6.5 for me) of their body weight will win a prize and the winning team with the most points at the end of the 7 weeks each get a fitbit..

last week my workout plan didn't quite work out like I expected.. however I have a plan again for this week.. I will walk 4 days and I am starting the 30 Day Ab challenge.. so wish me luck..

The team challenge sounds like so much fun!! Enjoy it!

Well here I am again.......a bit late, but they say better late than never.

QOTD Monday 10th June 2013

Where (apart from Disney!!) do you feel at ease, and why???

No where! We rarely/never take vacations that involve hotels and eating out (other than Disney), so even our "fun" summer lake and ocean vacations involved cooking, cleaning, making beds, etc. While they are great fun and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE spending the time with family (both sides), they aren't really "at ease." That being said, I am not totally "at ease" at Disney either!! :laughing: I want to see it all/do it all/ride it all during my visits and that doesn't leave me much "at ease" time!! I am very much type-A and have a lot of trouble relaxing!!

I'm nuts. I registered.
I'm scared as all get out but I think I can do it. I just need to shed some more weight. I must must must be 100% OP from now until the race.

A big WOOO and HOOO!!!!!

So great to have you along with us!!!

since its wednesday and I don't see a ?? of the day yet --how about we do WHOOO HOOOO WEDNESDAY and you can share something your excited about - anything at all.. :yay:

I"m excited for DD"s graduation this weekend!!

Okay.... so I lied. I did take just a few minutes to catch up here. I can't stand feeling like I am missing something! ;)TTYL..............P

Hey there, I just joined and it's definitely helpful to have to be accountable!!

Today was chock full of temptation... a Sheetz here opens tomorrow and today they were training the employees by offering local businesses coupons for free breakfasts and lunches! :scared1: Somehow I managed to escape that but ended up at lunch with a friend at Firehouse Subs - where everything is delicious and nothing is good for you. However I managed to get the Engineer wheat with no mayo or cheese. I missed the deliciousness but couldn't bear to type the calories into MyFitnessPal.

I have a short term goal of literally a month from today for a quick vakay with the beau. After that it's a longer goal for Halloween and our December Cruise, so I hope to be here for a while!

Just checked the list of names to see my name, and really happy to see so many already well on their way to their goals. CONGRATS guys!!

Woohoo Wednesday.

I have 3.

One, as y'all know, I signed up for the race yesterday. That took guts because I was hemming and hawing the whole time. But I was tired of talking about it, I just decided enough talking the talk, I need to walk the walk.

Two, I then looked at the kids school calendar and they have that week off so the family is coming with me!!!!!

Three, I ran/walked 4.08 miles on the treadmill in 61 minutes today. I hit 3.1 dead on 45 minutes. I felt great, now I just need to figure out how to transfer that 5.3/3 pace to outdoor running.

hi everyone. I hope everyone is having a good week.
i was able to walk/ run 5 k yesterday. I know it is not far for real runners but for me it is a challenge.
i am training for my first big race. I am hoping to be down 25 pounds before race day.

Have a great day everyone!:banana:

i was able to walk/ run 5 k yesterday. I know it is not far for real runners but for me it is a challenge.
i am training for my first big race. I am hoping to be down 25 pounds before race day.

that is awesome! Do not think for a minute that it is not a great accomplishment! YOU are a real runner. :)

One of my favorite quotes from John Bingham:
“If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.”

Woohoo Wednesday.

I have 3.

One, as y'all know, I signed up for the race yesterday. That took guts because I was hemming and hawing the whole time. But I was tired of talking about it, I just decided enough talking the talk, I need to walk the walk.

Two, I then looked at the kids school calendar and they have that week off so the family is coming with me!!!!!

Three, I ran/walked 4.08 miles on the treadmill in 61 minutes today. I hit 3.1 dead on 45 minutes. I felt great, now I just need to figure out how to transfer that 5.3/3 pace to outdoor running.

Wonderful! Good for you! :)

Sorry I missed you summer! You and I are trying for the same goal! And you ran further than me! Way to go! :thumbsup2

You are a runner!! The way I look at it is, I may be slow but I'm lapping everyone on the couch.

Sent from my iPhone using DISboards

Hi everyone...so sorry I've been mia for much of this week. My home computer is kaput and I've been delivering training at work for the last three days, with not a minute to spare......didn't even get a proper lunch break yesterday.

I am doing this from my phone, so sorry if the spelling is a bit iffy.

QOTD Thursday 14th June

We are all trying to eat healthy on our weight loss journey, what is your favourite 'healthy' food, and why????

On my diet plan we get certain 'free' foods. These are foods that we can eat in unlimited amounts.......my fave is fresh pineapple because it is refreshing, juicy, filling and has enough fibre to keep my 'body' moving.

Did another 5K on the treadmill last night.......definitely slower than doing one outdoors, but still did it in 47:12....not too bad.

Hey there, I just joined and it's definitely helpful to have to be accountable!!

Today was chock full of temptation... a Sheetz here opens tomorrow and today they were training the employees by offering local businesses coupons for free breakfasts and lunches! :scared1: Somehow I managed to escape that but ended up at lunch with a friend at Firehouse Subs - where everything is delicious and nothing is good for you. However I managed to get the Engineer wheat with no mayo or cheese. I missed the deliciousness but couldn't bear to type the calories into MyFitnessPal.

I have a short term goal of literally a month from today for a quick vakay with the beau. After that it's a longer goal for Halloween and our December Cruise, so I hope to be here for a while!

Just checked the list of names to see my name, and really happy to see so many already well on their way to their goals. CONGRATS guys!!

:welcome: Nice job staying OP and finding the best choice for a challenging lunch! :thumbsup2

Woohoo Wednesday.

I have 3.

You're doing great, Buffy! There will be some adjustments between the treadmill and the road but you have lots of time to be ready. princess:

:woohoo: I got a pedicure today!

That is a :woohoo: -- your feet are ready for summer, Molli! :cool2:

Sounds like you are off to a great start! ::yes::

that is awesome! Do not think for a minute that it is not a great accomplishment! YOU are a real runner. :)

“If you run, you are a runner. It doesn't matter how fast or how far. It doesn't matter if today is your first day or if you've been running for twenty years. There is no test to pass, no license to earn, no membership card to get. You just run.”

Good reminder we are all real runners here! :thumbsup2

Sorry I missed you summer! You and I are trying for the same goal! And you ran further than me! Way to go! :thumbsup2

You will be there soon enough, Alysa! :goodvibes

You are a runner!! The way I look at it is, I may be slow but I'm lapping everyone on the couch.

:thumbsup2

Hi everyone...so sorry I've been mia for much of this week. My home computer is kaput and I've been delivering training at work for the last three days, with not a minute to spare......didn't even get a proper lunch break yesterday.

QOTD Thursday 14th June

We are all trying to eat healthy on our weight loss journey, what is your favourite 'healthy' food, and why????

On my diet plan we get certain 'free' foods. These are foods that we can eat in unlimited amounts.......my fave is fresh pineapple because it is refreshing, juicy, filling and has enough fibre to keep my 'body' moving.

Did another 5K on the treadmill last night.......definitely slower than doing one outdoors, but still did it in 47:12....not too bad.

My favorite healthy foods are those that give me a lot of bang for my point buck -- like free fruits, vegetables or WW power foods. :goodvibes

Have a great day all!

Quick post before I take the kids to school.

I am starving!! And a little nauseous. I need to not pig out today, but I have had a deficit for the last 2 days so I need maybe eat a little more today? Yes? No?

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Hi everybody!:wave2: I now I've been super MIA as I'm STILL trying to catch up at work. Honestly, what did these guys do before I was here??? :confused3

Having a horrendous week, bloated, pants fitting tight, and just overall feeling like a beached whale. Haven't had any time to check in and I truly believe it's affecting my eating - no accountability, so I'll eat anything. You know, that ugly, slippery slope of one bad meal leads to another, and another, and another... SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE! :scared1:

And to top it off, we're going to Key West for a quickie anniversary trip. My BFF from high school just bought a gym there and I'm seriously debating NOT seeing her while we're there 'cause I'm too embarrassed for her to see my like this! How ridiculous is THAT?:confused3 Of course, it has nothing to do with the fact that she's an ex-competitive bodybuilder who still looks she just walked off the cover of the SI Swimsuit issue...:faint:

Glad you are here with us! No idea what a "Sheetz" is though.... or a Firehouse Subs (like a Subway I am imagining). But they sounds like good places to avoid for now!!:rotfl:

Woohoo Wednesday.

I have 3.

HOW WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!

WTG!!!:thumbsup2

That would be me... on the couch... that you are lapping.:rolleyes2

We understand! No worries!!

QOTD Thursday 14th June

On WW we get most fruits and veggies "free" as well.... which makes me so happy!! My top #1 favorite healthy food is tough to come up with though.... I guess I would have to list a "category".... GREENS (all lettuces, spring mix, spinach, swiss chard, kale)! They are good in salads, excellent in sandwiches and wraps, can be added to soups, stews, and casseroles. They can be roasted or sauteed or stir-fried or eaten raw! I can eat a HUGE portion for 0 PointsPlus!! So versatile and so low cal and SO VERY HEALTHY!

I am starving!! And a little nauseous. I need to not pig out today, but I have had a deficit for the last 2 days so I need maybe eat a little more today? Yes? No?

I know I'm coming late to the party here, but I would say that starving + nauseous = low blood sugar! I used to get that way sometimes.... I described it as literally feeling "GREEN" :sick:. I would have to sit down in the shower (because it almost always happened in the morning) and wait for someone to bring me a small glass of juice. You need to eat a bit more!! Take care of you!

Having a horrendous week, bloated, pants fitting tight, and just overall feeling like a beached whale. Haven't had any time to check in and I truly believe it's affecting my eating - no accountability, so I'll eat anything. You know, that ugly, slippery slope of one bad meal leads to another, and another, and another... SOMEBODY HELP ME PLEASE! :scared1:

You are here with us now! That is a step in the right direction! Vow to yourself that just ONE MEAL today will be a totally OP meal (weighed and measured portions, journaled before you ate it, etc)... and tomorrow you will have TWO MEALS that are totally OP.... and by Saturday you will have THREE MEALS that are OP.... and then on Monday you will have THREE OP MEALS AND at least ONE OP SNACK! And then Tuesday you will have a whole day of eating OP.... and then Wednesday you can start increasing the water for a few days... and then back to exercise by next weekend. Does that sound do-able for you????? How about committing to post your meals here??? Just a quick fly-by post to share what your meal was. I'll be looking for it, if that helps!

If it seems doable, let me know! And BTW.... I would stay away from the scale for a week if that scares you.

And to top it off, we're going to Key West for a quickie anniversary trip. My BFF from high school just bought a gym there and I'm seriously debating NOT seeing her while we're there 'cause I'm too embarrassed for her to see my like this! How ridiculous is THAT?:confused3 Of course, it has nothing to do with the fact that she's an ex-competitive bodybuilder who still looks she just walked off the cover of the SI Swimsuit issue...:faint:

If she is a TRUE friend who really misses you, she won't care what you look like!

Happy Thursday friends! I really do NOT have time to be on here, but I feel like a part of my day is missing if I don't pop on for at least a few minutes! I cut myself some slack yesterday around the house and will be paying for it today!!:headache:

My parents arrive tomorrow afternoon for DD's graduation and the house is in shambles!! I am behind on laundry, I have no menu planned or meals prepped for the weekend.... the dining room is full of party supplies for the graduation party in July, I haven't brought the freezer foods back up into the new freezer from the basement freezer, the kids's rooms are a DISASTER, there isn't a clean bathroom in the entire house, I am supposed to be at DD's school at 1:30 today for Senior Slideshow... plus she wants me to find an opening for a manicure this afternoon...and we were going to try to attend the Senior play tonight. I have just taken possession of a LARGE quantity of WW merchandise that has taken over a large corner of the home office and that meant moving a bunch of DH's junk out of the way (it is all sitting in his office chair waiting for him to return from Maine and sort through it). I am behind on submitting my time sheets, I am behind on my personal banking and bill paying, I haven't made anyone's bed in DAYS, and I have two loads of towels on the clothesline that are probably going to be rained on shortly!!

AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!:eek: Oh well.... I'm taking a DEEP BREATH and prioritizing my list. The "A" list will get done today (hopefully). The "B" list will get done tomorrow morning.... and hopefully the "C" list can wait for now!!

The good news is that the weather for Saturday's graduation (outside under a big tent) looks wonderful. We have bought DD THREE dresses to choose from (two will go back) and she looks delightful in them all (although she would like new shoes.... but not sure when we will find time for that). I only have to worry about feeding/entertaining my family and my parents this weekend, so pressure is off. I have Father's Day gifts bought for DH and DDad.... they just need to be wrapped.

Off to get productive! BBL to check in with you all!.............P

Happy Thursday friends! I really do NOT have time to be on here, but I feel like a part of my day is missing if I don't pop on for at least a few minutes! I cut myself some slack yesterday around the house and will be paying for it today!!:headache:
My parents arrive tomorrow afternoon for DD's graduation and the house is in shambles!! I am behind on laundry, I have no menu planned or meals prepped for the weekend.... the dining room is full of party supplies for the graduation party in July, I haven't brought the freezer foods back up into the new freezer from the basement freezer, the kids's rooms are a DISASTER, there isn't a clean bathroom in the entire house, I am supposed to be at DD's school at 1:30 today for Senior Slideshow... plus she wants me to find an opening for a manicure this afternoon...and we were going to try to attend the Senior play tonight. I have just taken possession of a LARGE quantity of WW merchandise that has taken over a large corner of the home office and that meant moving a bunch of DH's junk out of the way (it is all sitting in his office chair waiting for him to return from Maine and sort through it). I am behind on submitting my time sheets, I am behind on my personal banking and bill paying, I haven't made anyone's bed in DAYS, and I have two loads of towels on the clothesline that are probably going to be rained on shortly!!
AHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!:eek: Oh well.... I'm taking a DEEP BREATH and prioritizing my list. The "A" list will get done today (hopefully). The "B" list will get done tomorrow morning.... and hopefully the "C" list can wait for now!!
The good news is that the weather for Saturday's graduation (outside under a big tent) looks wonderful. We have bought DD THREE dresses to choose from (two will go back) and she looks delightful in them all (although she would like new shoes.... but not sure when we will find time for that). I only have to worry about feeding/entertaining my family and my parents this weekend, so pressure is off. I have Father's Day gifts bought for DH and DDad.... they just need to be wrapped.
Off to get productive! BBL to check in with you all!.............P
Thank goodness someone else is having a day/month like I am! I was feeling like such a slacker. And June ALWAYS seems to be like this for me. Good luck with your list and how wonderful about the big graduation party. It sounds fabulous! Sending lots of pixie dust for lots of "A" accomplished today for you. Off to fold a mountain of laundry before I have to pick up kids and go to the school concert tonight. Wish me luck as I vow to get at least 20 minutes of exercise in today. Screwed up yesterday but trying again today. :cheer2:

morning...anyone here get hit with the Midwest storm last night? our tornado sirens went off at 1:15 a.m.; local folks are in an uproar on FB as apparently it was way far north of my town and folks feel the media hype leads to happy siren blowers when it's not needed. I guess i'm just super thankful a tornado didn't rip through my town

anyhow..i'm not have a great week on the get moving part. my body hurts this week...but i'm going to try to walk my 2 miles on the schedule. I've been doing well with my plan of protein smoothie for brekkie, juicing throughout the day and one good sensible meal. I hope the scale reflects tomorrow

Plutobaby -- I've been there a million times!! you are checking in here so that's a good sign!

Pam -- hope things start to sail smoothly for you!!

my cyber-pep-talk to all of us who are struggling a little this week! the month is almost half-over...we gotta make each day count!

QOTD Thursday 14th June

well doing Atkins means NO free food for me so when I am hungry and feel like I need to eat something I reach for an Atkins vanilla shake - it has like 15 grams of protein and really tastes like melted vanilla ice cream and it only cost me 1 carb - however that said sometimes I just need a salty crunchy fix then I reach for the peanuts - not straight out of the can cause I'll eat too many but in my special little peanut cup :) LOL last night I had a teaspoon of all natural PB (no sugar just peanuts) and ate it on top of a sugar free special dark snack bar.. DELISH!!

YES oh my you body is telling you not enough in the tanks.. watch out for low blood sugar, dangerous.. a cup of juice is good or a piece of fruit..

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

Hi everybody!:wave2: I now I've been super MIA as I'm STILL trying to catch up at work. Honestly, what did these guys do before I was here??? :confused3

Oh we will all help you.. please go see your friend, I am sure if she is a good friend there will be NO judgements.. have a GREAT time in Key West!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter