• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Away the Pounds January Challenge -- Jumpstart the New Year -- Everyone Welcome!

Good morning everyone! I hope you have a great start into the new week!

For me the start was pretty good as I already "lost" 4 pounds of those 10 pounds that I gained over Christmas. I guess, I did not gain as much as I feared! ;-) Very happy about that!

Of course, then I wake up hungry and could be eating all day today... Already had a too large breakfast. Will try to be good at lunch to make up for it!

Good morning all! :goodvibes

MOtivation-MOnday-521.jpg

:love: Love this, Molli!

I missed telling you guys that yesterday was National Step in a Puddle and Splash Your Friend Day! Would have been great for that rainy day! Today, however, is Stick to Your New Year's Resolution Day! Perfect for DIS!

Yes, it is! :thumbsup2

But, I think "If it doesn't challenge you, it doesn't change you." is my favorite.

This is a great one too! ::yes::

I chose to have my cheat day friday, and it sorta bleed in to sat :/ I was really good with my calories today, so Im way better then I used to be.

I got my reward for 30 pounds lost, and I got a gel mani. I am SO going to be doing this more often! she said next time I can bring in some ideas for disney nails. :cool1:

I got the 30 day shred dvd, and I am going to be starting that tomorrow, along with my spin. And the bikini body mommy work out. I think I have a work out addiction! lol

Sounds like a fun and challenging week ahead for you -- you go, girl! :cheer2:

You know how when you start a new diet plan you are always so careful the first few weeks to follow ALL of the rules exactly as they are and do not experiment or deviate at all? That is what I need to do. There are a lot of ways that I can deviate and while one a day might not be too bad I have been relaxing the rules way to often. Time to kick my own butt and get a few more pounds off before we leave for Disney in 12 days.

Gotta run and figure out what we are having for dinners this week. Last week I kept forgetting to take meat out of the freezer and that was a disaster. :sad2:

Everyone have a great week!

You, too, LTS! Sounds like you have set yourself up for a great week! :thumbsup2

Good morning everyone! I hope you have a great start into the new week!

For me the start was pretty good as I already "lost" 4 pounds of those 10 pounds that I gained over Christmas. I guess, I did not gain as much as I feared! ;-) Very happy about that!

Of course, then I wake up hungry and could be eating all day today... Already had a too large breakfast. Will try to be good at lunch to make up for it!

:woohoo: Congrats on the travel weight disappearing as quickly as it showed!

BRB with the QOTD.

Pamela, thank you so much for coaching last week and taking on some additional time! :thanks: You had some great questions and sparked a lot of good discussions. :cool2:

Continuing in the Motivational Monday theme that Pamela started yesterday -- and feel free to post your favorite motivational quote if you haven't already or have another one.

Here is a link to a list put together by sparkpeople.com (of course ;)) called The 100 Best Workout Songs of 2013 http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=the_100_best_workout_songs_of_2013 Did your favorite workout song make the list?

QOTD Monday, January 13, 2014: Did your favorite workout song of 2013 make the list? Do you have another favorite workout song that gets you going every time? Your favorite motivational song doesn't have to be a workout song -- just one that inspires you!

Quick fly by post. :)

Was not an on plan weekend, but planning to rein (sp?) things in a bit today.

Have a wonderful Monday! :)

Quotes:

fb2c8a811fd6ad2d_88835786927c11e2a58222000a1fb810_7.jpg

ebd82f63587ebb2f21c36452bfce74ee.jpg

Have a wonderful Monday! :)

Oh I like the link today Lisa, thank you! Might give me some new additions. I would pick Blurred Lines as my fav of that list that made it to my workout playlist. I don't listen to actual radio much so it's not as overplayed to me as it is on the radio.

Today I have to take my DD to get her cast off, after seven weeks! Good day indeed!! I must must stick with my commitment to work out this afternoon or evening when I'm home now, tomorrow is busy day

A great day OP everyone :0)

Good morning, everyone! :sad2:

Ever have one of those nights where no matter what you do, you just can't get comfortable, and you end up staying up the whole night tossing and turning and when you finally get to sleep, it feel like 5 minutes went by before the alarm goes off? Yup. That's the night I had last night.

Essentially, I have heat again and it is on FULL BLAST! So, the warmth made it a little harder to fall asleep I guess. This morning's workout was a bit like going through the motions, but I'm glad I did it!

Today is National Clean Off Your Desk Day. Here's a fun fact - did you know your desk might contain 400 times more bacteria than your toilet seat? :eek: Yup. So, clean your desk, once in awhile!

It is also National Rubber Ducky Day - as in 1970 on this day, the Rubber Ducky song premiered on Sesame Street. It is also the day the Frisbee was first invented - in 1957! There's your daily dose of useless information! :lmao:

I got my reward for 30 pounds lost, and I got a gel mani. I am SO going to be doing this more often! she said next time I can bring in some ideas for disney nails. :cool1:

I got the 30 day shred dvd, and I am going to be starting that tomorrow, along with my spin. And the bikini body mommy work out. I think I have a work out addiction! lol

30 pounds! Way to go!!! :cool1: I'm jealous of your gel mani! And I loved 30 day shred. Jillian Michaels is simply awesome. Have FUN!

So not feeling motivated today so the only thing that came to mind is "It is hard to soar like an eagle when you are surrounded by turkeys!" :duck: Okay, so I think that is a Demotivational quote actually.:rolleyes1

:rotfl:

The only other thing that came to mind was something said by Dr. Phil, way back when his show started and he was doing a weight loss show. He said something to the effect of: look at where you are now, and think about where you will be a year from now. A year from now you will weigh more or less than you do now. You are the only one that can decide which it will be. I don't know why, but when he said that to the woman he was talking to it really struck me and has stayed with me.

I like this one! It's very true!

Good for you!!! :thumbsup2: The holidays are coming off!!

QOTD Monday, January 13, 2014: Did your favorite workout song of 2013 make the list? Do you have another favorite workout song that gets you going every time? Your favorite motivational song doesn't have to be a workout song -- just one that inspires you!

This list is WONDERFUL! I've been looking for some new additions to my workout playlist - I do workout videos with the music OFF and play my own. It makes for more variety and I don't get as bored with the routine as easily!

Roar is most definitely my pump up song. Wake Me Up is a close second. I really do think music can motivate you in a way nothing else can. If I put on a song in my "Pumped" playlist while I am getting dressed for a workout, I find that I'm already dancing up and down during my stretch.

So, thank you Thank You THANK YOU for this list!

:goodvibes:

well I like all the flavor but am afraid it might send me to running to the bathroom (not be be gross for the #2's) do you find that to be the case till all the toxins are cleaned out?

HAHAH Actually, I am always running anyway, with my regular water/seltzer intake... no, I didn't have and increased frequency of 2. :rotfl:

"QOTD Monday, January 13, 2014: Did your favorite workout song of 2013 make the list? Do you have another favorite workout song that gets you going every time? Your favorite motivational song doesn't have to be a workout song -- just one that inspires you!"

I still listen to "What Are You Waiting For?" (Gwen Stefani) BIG motivator, good beat!

Have a great day everybody!

Hi guys! Sorry I've been MIA. Had a 5 day stretch at work that I finished up this weekend with 2 13 hour shifts. I've been too busy to think but I have been measuring and packing my lunchs. I slipped up and had some Oreos on Saturday night but, after the day I had, I deserved them!

I did weigh in on the 10th and I'm down to 202.8! :cool1:

PM'd my weight in today and I'm going to go back through and try to catch up with everything I've missed.

Here is a link to a list put together by sparkpeople.com (of course ;)) called The 100 Best Workout Songs of 2013 http://www.sparkpeople.com/blog/blog.asp?post=the_100_best_workout_songs_of_2013 Did your favorite workout song make the list?

:confused3 And with this I think I officially feel older than dirt. I haven't even heard of most of the people/songs on that list! Where is the Duran Duran, Foreigner, Huey Lewis, Tears for Fears and Aerosmith? Not to mention that I don't think I saw ONE Disney song on that list! :confused: Obviously their list is seriously flawed! :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:
(and yes, the last time I worked out I was probably wearing a brightly colored spandex leotard and leg warmers!;))

Today is National Clean Off Your Desk Day. Here's a fun fact - did you know your desk might contain 400 times more bacteria than your toilet seat? :eek: Yup. So, clean your desk, once in awhile!

It is also National Rubber Ducky Day - as in 1970 on this day, the Rubber Ducky song premiered on Sesame Street. It is also the day the Frisbee was first invented - in 1957! There's your daily dose of useless information! :lmao:
:
Darn, wish I had known that. I wouldn't have left such a mess on my desk when I left work today!

I love the Rubber Ducky song! DD13 loves Rubber Ducks and has since she was little.

Hi guys! Sorry I've been MIA. Had a 5 day stretch at work that I finished up this weekend with 2 13 hour shifts. I've been too busy to think but I have been measuring and packing my lunchs. I slipped up and had some Oreos on Saturday night but, after the day I had, I deserved them!

PM'd my weight in today and I'm going to go back through and try to catch up with everything I've missed.
:woohoo: Way to go!

:wave2:
Well, I just had a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday AND Friday all rolled up into just a Monday. :headache: We had a lockdown drill AND a fire drill today, copier needed a part and I had to figure out how to replace it, several large deliveries, and a few crises that required pulling administrators from the crisis they were dealing with to deal with a higher priority crisis. I am exhausted and hope I can stay awake through dinner. I think I am too tired to chew. The rest of this week had better be calm and serene.

Have stayed completely on plan. Heck, I barely had time to eat the stuff I have to, much less any extras. Early bedtime tonight.

Need to go see if I can find a good price on a minivan rental for our trip. :surfweb: Everyone have a great ON PLAN evening and a calm and serene Tuesday, just like I will (right???) :thumbsup2

Evening all! I"m back from visiting DD and back on the computer. I"ve got to get caught up on laundry tonight but I'll be back on tomorrow to chat..... or maybe tonight if I get myself moving here and get off Facebook! :rotfl2: ........P

QOTD Sunday: I've always enjoyed Walt Disney's "Its kind of fun to do the impossible."

QOTD Monday: I've got several of those songs on my running playlist. I usually pick a "power" song for each half I do. I have it play about halfway through my race to let me know that its time to kick it in gear and finish strong! This year DD helped me choose "Let It Go" from Frozen for the Tinker Bell Half.

Sorry I have been MIA, I do try to read along almost every day. In the next couple of days I will be switching over from weight loss mode to maintain as I get ready to run Tink on Sunday. I need to not go to bed hungry or I will crash during the race! I am going to have OP meals and make every calorie count. But not on Sunday. :goodvibes

I did have one :cool1: moment today. A while ago I ordered two pairs of jeans online and one of them was a bit too small. I have been avoiding them as they taunted me in the closet. Today I was looking around thinking about what I wanted to pack and I decided to try them on. And they fit! So now I will be rocking those jeans at the Princess next month. :thumbsup2

LTS, I enjoy those bands too, but I believe this list is confined to new releases. :goodvibes

Good morning. :) I got a good report from my ultrasound yesterday (over the phone) so all that's left is to go in and get my couple of stitches removed and ask her the six or so questions that I have about somewhat early menopause. :goodvibes Thanks for all your good thoughts!

I had a killer workout yesterday (41 minutes on the AMT and 34 min on the indoor track) and between that, the on plan eating, and no grown up drinks for a few days I am within half a pound of my weigh in on Friday, so at least I didn't do too much damage this weekend. Hoping to still pull off a loss this week. :goodvibes

Good luck to Lisa R running the Tink this weekend! Congrats on getting into those jeans!

QOTD--I have been listening to a lot of country music over the last six months or so, but one of my songs made the list--Cruise (Florida Georgia Line). Lately my go to songs--Sunny and 75 (Joe Nichols), Country Girl Shake It For Me (Luke Bryan), Aw Naw (Chris Young), and anything else by Florida Georgia Line.

Pity, party of one your table is now available.
Omg it's 7:30 in the morning and I've already had a craptastic day. Didn't sleep well, ds17 missed the bus, I'm in a grumpy mood, my legs are sore and the scale went up 4 pounds in 2 days. Wth?!?!
I'm going to the gym today in hopes that it gets me out of my funk, but damn I am ready to throw in the towel and give up.

Why is it the when you decide to not eat something because it's bad for you, all of a sudden it's the one thing you crave?!?

Oh and I had one woohoo moment yesterday but I'll save that for woohoo Wednesday.

Sorry, rambling. I'm tired and I hurt.

Good morning all! :goodvibes

We work so hard to reach see those numbers drop on the scale but sometimes in spite of good intentions and effort we don't see the numbers we are hoping for on our scales -- what the heck happened? :confused: Turns out we might be making some weight loss mistakes! :faint:

Here is an article from Runner's World that is written for runners but applies to us all. ::yes:: (I know you all are shocked it's not from sparkpeople.com :rotfl:)

Eight Weight Loss Mistakes Runners Make

Avoid these common errors that can sabotage your efforts to drop a few pounds.

Pop quiz: You just went for a run. How many calories did you blast? Chances are your guess outpaces reality, to the tune of, say, a Frappuccino. Overestimating calorie burn is the Big Daddy of runners' weight-loss mistakes, says Lisa Ellis, M.S., R.D., a nutritionist in Westchester, New York. But it's not the only misstep. Sneaky slipups can derail the weight-loss efforts of even health-savvy runners.

Oops!
Miscounting Calories

It's true that running eats up more calories than nearly any other activity: The average man burns 124 calories per mile and the average woman burns 105, which means a three-miler nets you a 315- to 372-calorie deficit. But you can easily overspend your calorie deficit with something as simple as a flavored latte and a chocolate-chip cookie.
Correction: Get a better estimate of your calorie burn with an online calculator, like the one at runnersworld.com/calories-burned-calculator, or with a GPS watch that allows you to input your height, weight, and other stats. If you're prone to overindulging postrun, avoid blowing your calorie deficit by finding a couple "reward" foods with easily controllable portions, like bite-size cookies or single-serving chips.

Oops!
Skimping on Fat

Feeling virtuous with your dry toast, naked salads, and splash of watery skim milk in your coffee? Not so fast: Your body needs fat to absorb vitamins like A, D, E, and K, and to regulate hunger; fats are digested more slowly than carbs and protein, keeping hunger at bay longer. It's also believed that fat helps your body sense the appetite-regulating hormones ghrelin and leptin, says Ellis. A no-fat or very-low-fat diet leaves those hormones out of whack.
Correction: Fat should make up 20 to 30 percent of your daily calories. But avoid trans fats (in processed foods) and limit saturated fats (meat, dairy). Rely on mono- and polyunsaturated fats (olive oil, nuts, seeds, avocados, fish); these protect your heart and promote satiety. A recent study found that even the aroma of some fats, particularly olive oil, may prompt the release of satiety-inducing hormones.

Oops!
Running on Empty

You may have heard this one: Hit the road without breakfast and your body will burn fat. But it doesn't work the way you'd hope. Rather than seeking out fat immediately, your muscles first use carbs that have been stored in your muscles as glycogen, says Rachel Berman, R.D. When those stored carbs run out and your body starts to burn fat, your energy plummets, forcing you to slow down and burn fewer calories than if you had properly fueled up.
Correction: If you're heading out for 30 minutes or less on an easy run, you can skip a prerun snack, since you probably have enough glycogen to power you. But if you run longer or harder, you should have a 100- to 200-calorie snack about an hour before your run. Choose carbs and a bit of protein, such as a banana with peanut butter, and drink water to hydrate.

Oops!
Not Fueling Postrun

After longer or tougher workouts, your muscles have gobbled up all the glycogen they needed, and now they're hungry. Thing is, you might not be; many runners find their appetite is suppressed just after working out. "But later, when your body settles in and 'realizes' its glycogen stores are low, you'll feel much hungrier," says Berman, leaving you prone to inhaling everything in sight.
Correction: Aim to refuel within an hour of tougher workouts to re-power your muscles and stave off hunger later. The American College of Sports Medicine recommends a 4-to-1 ratio of carbs to protein. Keep this snack to fewer than 200 calories. With 160 calories per cup, low-fat chocolate milk fits the bill nicely, providing the ideal mix of carbs and protein.

Oops!
Gu Overdose

Addicted to midrun refueling? You may be piling on more calories than you need by overdependence on energy bars, gels, drinks, and shakes. "Calories from midrace fuels are dense, add up quickly, and usually don't do much to suppress hunger," says Berman.
Correction: For runs shorter than 60 minutes, skip the gels and sports drinks; water is fine. Go longer and you should consume 30 to 60 grams of carbs (one or two energy gels or 16 to 32 ounces of sports drink) per hour of exercise.

Oops!
Drowning in Calories

Calories in a cup count just as much as those on your plate. Alcohol is particularly sneaky: According to a 2012 report by the Centers for Disease Control, American adults consume an average of 100 calories a day from alcohol. Add in sweetened beverages like coffee, tea, soda, and juice, and you could be overdoing it big-time. Studies show that, in general, liquid carbs don't contribute to satiety the way solids do. That means if you down 200 calories at the bar, you won't compensate by eating 200 fewer calories at dinner.
Correction: Most of the liquid you drink should be calorie-free: water, seltzer, unsweetened tea. Remember that alcohol may trigger overeating as your inhibitions drop. "Moderate drinking means one a day for women, two for men," says Berman. "Cut calories by choosing light beer, wine, or liquor mixed with seltzer. Avoid frozen drinks, which are high in sugar."

Oops!
Rushing Results

Blame overblown weight-loss expectations on celeb-endorsed juice cleanses or reality shows like The Biggest Loser. But trying to change everything at once or reaching for TV-ready results is often overwhelming enough to cause you to abandon your weight-loss plan, says Berman. If you are dropping a pound to two pounds per week, that's a sustainable pace, she says.
Correction: Make small changes, one at a time. Try to eat a healthy breakfast every day, for example. Swap out chips for an apple at lunch. It's not sexy, but it works. Rather than zeroing in on the scale, reward yourself with a manicure or piece of gear as changes morph into habits.

Oops!
Not Re-evaluating

It's a physiological fact: Bigger bodies burn more calories, even at rest. That's why the more you have to lose, the quicker you'll see weight-loss results. But as you shed pounds, your body adjusts and, frustratingly, burns fewer calories (including while running). So what worked initially will need to be tweaked as you slim down.
Correction: Every time you lose 10 to 15 percent of your weight, readjust your daily calorie intake, says Berman. Find your new (smaller) needs at runnersworld.com/daily-calories-calculator. Recalculate your exercise burn, too, since that also decreases as you slim down.

Here is a link to the entire article if you are interested
http://www.runnersworld.com/weight-...1022014-_-8-Weight-Loss-Mistakes-Runners-Make

QOTD Tuesday January 14, 2014: Are you making any of these weight loss mistakes? Or is there another weight loss mistake that you know of that we should try to avoid?

BRB with replies.

Oh I like the link today Lisa, thank you! Might give me some new additions. I would pick Blurred Lines as my fav of that list that made it to my workout playlist. I don't listen to actual radio much so it's not as overplayed to me as it is on the radio.

Today I have to take my DD to get her cast off, after seven weeks! Good day indeed!! I must must stick with my commitment to work out this afternoon or evening when I'm home now, tomorrow is busy day

A great day OP everyone :0)

Yep, it is always fun to add new songs to the playlist. ::yes:: I don't remember if the song Let It Go from Frozen is on the list but that one was just added to my playlist.

Good morning, everyone! :sad2:

Ever have one of those nights where no matter what you do, you just can't get comfortable, and you end up staying up the whole night tossing and turning and when you finally get to sleep, it feel like 5 minutes went by before the alarm goes off? Yup. That's the night I had last night.

Essentially, I have heat again and it is on FULL BLAST! So, the warmth made it a little harder to fall asleep I guess. This morning's workout was a bit like going through the motions, but I'm glad I did it!

Thanks! I am really enjoying these! :goodvibes:

So sorry for the sleepness night -- hope you are able to rest tonight. :flower3:

HAHAH Actually, I am always running anyway, with my regular water/seltzer intake... no, I didn't have and increased frequency of 2. :rotfl:

"QOTD Monday, January 13, 2014: Did your favorite workout song of 2013 make the list? Do you have another favorite workout song that gets you going every time? Your favorite motivational song doesn't have to be a workout song -- just one that inspires you!"

I still listen to "What Are You Waiting For?" (Gwen Stefani) BIG motivator, good beat!

Have a great day everybody!

:cool2:

Congrats on a great weigh in! :yay:

:confused3 And with this I think I officially feel older than dirt. I haven't even heard of most of the people/songs on that list! Where is the Duran Duran, Foreigner, Huey Lewis, Tears for Fears and Aerosmith? Not to mention that I don't think I saw ONE Disney song on that list! :confused: Obviously their list is seriously flawed! :rotfl::lmao::rotfl2:
(and yes, the last time I worked out I was probably wearing a brightly colored spandex leotard and leg warmers!;))

I know what you mean, LTS! I have some of the oldies but goodies on my playlist too. :rotfl:

Sorry for the tough day yesterday. :flower3: And kudos for staying ON PLAN throughout! :cheer2:

BRB getting in trouble with the smilie police again. :rolleyes1

Evening all! I"m back from visiting DD and back on the computer. I"ve got to get caught up on laundry tonight but I'll be back on tomorrow to chat..... or maybe tonight if I get myself moving here and get off Facebook! :rotfl2: ........P

Glad that you had a great visit! :goodvibes

QOTD Sunday: I've always enjoyed Walt Disney's "Its kind of fun to do the impossible."

QOTD Monday: I've got several of those songs on my running playlist. I usually pick a "power" song for each half I do. I have it play about halfway through my race to let me know that its time to kick it in gear and finish strong! This year DD helped me choose "Let It Go" from Frozen for the Tinker Bell Half.

Sorry I have been MIA, I do try to read along almost every day. In the next couple of days I will be switching over from weight loss mode to maintain as I get ready to run Tink on Sunday. I need to not go to bed hungry or I will crash during the race! I am going to have OP meals and make every calorie count. But not on Sunday. :goodvibes

I did have one :cool1: moment today. A while ago I ordered two pairs of jeans online and one of them was a bit too small. I have been avoiding them as they taunted me in the closet. Today I was looking around thinking about what I wanted to pack and I decided to try them on. And they fit! So now I will be rocking those jeans at the Princess next month. :thumbsup2

LTS, I enjoy those bands too, but I believe this list is confined to new releases. :goodvibes

:woohoo: on a great NSV! :yay: I know that you are going to have a great race at the Tinker Bell this week-end. :tink:

Good morning. :) I got a good report from my ultrasound yesterday (over the phone) so all that's left is to go in and get my couple of stitches removed and ask her the six or so questions that I have about somewhat early menopause. :goodvibes Thanks for all your good thoughts!

I had a killer workout yesterday (41 minutes on the AMT and 34 min on the indoor track) and between that, the on plan eating, and no grown up drinks for a few days I am within half a pound of my weigh in on Friday, so at least I didn't do too much damage this weekend. Hoping to still pull off a loss this week. :goodvibes

:yay: for a good report and a killer workout, Rose!

Pity, party of one your table is now available.
Omg it's 7:30 in the morning and I've already had a craptastic day. Didn't sleep well, ds17 missed the bus, I'm in a grumpy mood, my legs are sore and the scale went up 4 pounds in 2 days. Wth?!?!
I'm going to the gym today in hopes that it gets me out of my funk, but damn I am ready to throw in the towel and give up.

Why is it the when you decide to not eat something because it's bad for you, all of a sudden it's the one thing you crave?!?

Oh and I had one woohoo moment yesterday but I'll save that for woohoo Wednesday.

Sorry, rambling. I'm tired and I hurt.

So sorry, Buffy! :hug: You have a lot of balls to keep up in the air and it's okay to let them all fall and look at them on the ground for a bit while you regroup. Did you have a long run on the schedule this week-end for the Princess? It is very common to have a gain after a long run because you body will retain some water while it is repairing itself and getting stronger. I will be looking forward to hearing about your :woohoo: tomorrow.

Have a great day all! :goodvibes:

Hi everyone!

Well, I am back, and I am DOPEY. DH and I finished all four races, including the full - my first and my last - and even though I'm tired (but surprisingly not too achy!) I am on cloud 9. I went into this knowing that this full marathon would be my one and only, and I am so proud to have crossed it off the bucket list. No-one can ever take that accomplishment away from me, and I'm so happy. To have managed Dopey on top of that (the 5K, 10K, half, and full) is wild. I told DH that after our children, this feels like the biggest thing I've ever done. :)

But now it's back to business. Marathon training is hard on weight loss/maintenance (see Lisa's notes above about the numerous pitfalls!). Add to that the holidays and two big trips with lots of good food, and I am up, up, up. So today I put myself back on the WW Monthly Pass (I'm the client contact for our at work meeting so I go all the time anyway, but I only weigh in once a month). I'm doubling down and getting serious about losing what I've put on over the past 3-4 months. I want it gone by spring break, when our family will be back at WDW! I need my clothes to fit right, and I don't want to dread taking out my bathing suits. :P

Exercise-wise, I am signing up for more races (half marathons - no more fulls!), but I'm also going to work on getting back in sync with cross-training. I have a stationary bike at home, and I can knock out 45-60 minutes on that while watching a DVR'd show after dinner. I have had great success with Jillian Michaels (30DS and Ripped in 30), but I'm feeling a little bored with them, having done them so many times. I'm thinking about Power 90...anyone have recommendations?

So glad to be back, and so glad to have done this thing and to have finished in the upright position. :)

XO
Liz

Good Morning everyone I have a Weight Watchers question - can the new program be used for people who want to do Atkins? it's similar to the old core or simply filling program where you just ate foods off a list till you felt full.. I do soo much better at keeping track/journaling ect and love the weekly meetings, but I know my body does much better at Atkins.. Thanks for any advise..BBL Michelle

Good morning, everyone! Today is National Dress Up Your Pet Day, National Hot Pastrami Day, and National Organize Your Home Day! So, keep your pets nice and warm and protected from the rain today, while you eat your hot pastrami sandwich on a break from organizing your house! Whew! =P

Personally, I'm not a fan of hot pastrami, so I'm choosing to have a turkey sandwich instead :)

Fitful sleep again, even though I went to bed an hour earlier. I'm hoping this isn't diet related!! Here's hoping for tonight! :yay:

:thumbsup2:

I hear ya! I had an 80s workout yesterday - lots of Whitney Houston. It made for a lot of jumping around haha And Disney songs are the best for working out! Be A Man from Mulan, anyone? :rotfl2:

:wave2:
Well, I just had a Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday AND Friday all rolled up into just a Monday. :headache: We had a lockdown drill AND a fire drill today, copier needed a part and I had to figure out how to replace it, several large deliveries, and a few crises that required pulling administrators from the crisis they were dealing with to deal with a higher priority crisis. I am exhausted and hope I can stay awake through dinner. I think I am too tired to chew. The rest of this week had better be calm and serene.

Have stayed completely on plan. Heck, I barely had time to eat the stuff I have to, much less any extras. Early bedtime tonight.

That's so great that despite the craziness you were able to stay on plan! Good for you! :cool1:

What a great NSV!! That is an EXCELLENT feeling to have! :dance3:

QOTD Tuesday January 14, 2014: Are you making any of these weight loss mistakes? Or is there another weight loss mistake that you know of that we should try to avoid?

My biggest mistake is always eating a lot on days I work out. For instance, when I was a runner, I would finish a run and then eat a HUGE meal because I was so hungry. It would essentially cancel out everything I just did! Now, I know to wait at least 15 minutes after I finish working out to eat something, so I can really listen to my body and figure out how hungry I really am!

Thanks for the article, Lisa! Really informative stuff!

Morning all! WOW, this day is really getting away from me! After dropping off DS I went to the transfer station, shoveled/scraped ice from the driveway, threw in some laundry, made a big batch of homemade juice (carrot, celery, apple mostly.... threw in 4 key limes, a clementine, and a bit of blueberry juice from the bottom of a bag of frozen berries), did some paperwork, checked FB, ate breakfast... and now it is nearly 11 am! I still have to prepare for tonight's WW meeting, take a shower, get dressed, make dinner for the men to eat while I'm gone... and I have to pick up DS at school at 1:30 because we have to get to the Passport office before it closes at 2pm!!

I'll take a minute to catch up here and then I'll dash!.............P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter