• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

WISH Away the Pounds January Challenge -- Jumpstart the New Year -- Everyone Welcome!

:moped:
Meep meep!!

Quick drive by post. I'm here. I'm working on my dietary changes. I'm back in the gym. Trying to catch up on my training for the 1/2.
DH is still being a PITA about the trip but come hell or high water, I'm going, even if that means I take the kids by myself.
I hope to have more time to read and respond once I get back into a better daily routine.

Miss y'all!!!!!!! You are not far from my thoughts every day.

Hi! Been busy packing up all the Christmas decor and getting my house back to normal. Love my Fitbit. The little happy face is quite the motivator. I hate seeing it like this :crazy2:

QOTD Monday: I find if I fall off track I just have to make the decision to let it go and start back the next day. I'm going to have bad days and good days. I just shoot for more good ones than bad.

QOTD Tuesday: I'm am sooooooo NOT a planner. But I desperately need to be. So my goal is to plan my meals and pack my dinner (I work evenings most of the time).

Now I gotta get moving so I can keep my Fitbit like this :)!

Oh and thank you lovestoscrap for the Bolthouse dressing tip. I love it!!

[/COLOR]
Jill--just an fyi, they usually offer discounted park tickets for W&D. Our plan this year is to fly down Friday morning and back probably Tuesday night. If you have specific questions send me a pm. :) A lot of races suggest no music, but a lot of people ignore it. :) I have seen a lot of people run with one ear bud in and one out. Unless they say specifically no headphones, you will find people ignoring the recommendation. At w&d there are some trip points (speed bumps, etc) and it's dark, so you just have to really pay attention. If I run next year wo/Mike I will be listening to my music. :)

Thanks for the info! I did look at the run Disney website and saw they have reduced ticket prices. This was supposed to be the year of no vacation since we did 2 in 2013, so costs are adding up! If the whole family goes, and flight prices stay the same, it'll cost $1200 to fly down. Last January we flew for less than $800 total! I think that's why I am freaking a tad :)

I just told DH that if we do not buy park tickets, we can still do the after party at either race, then add tickets to either MNSSHP or MVMCP depending on the race. I've always wanted to do Disney at Christmas, but I'm guessing too much isn't decorated yet by the Wine & Dine 1/2.

Hmmm...lots to think about!

Was able to get my run in outside when i got home. It was around 32 but sunny and because of the warm morning, the snow was melted making my neighborhood route safe to run. It felt good to get outside for it.

Unfortunately after my run, I got a call that a friend who had been in the hospital for almost 2 months battling various infections and viruses passed away this morning, so it has been a really tough, emotional night for me, DBF, and our friends. I had actually just walked into the grocery store when DBF called to tell me. Needless to say, I made some bad food choices while I was there and didn't even wait until I got home to eat them. Sigh. Back on the horse tomorrow, I suppose.

:hug: So sorry about your friend.

I use this great Jeff Galloway vibrating timer for my races. I love it because you can set it to just about any interval. I run shorter intervals and my Garmin doesn't work for that. Running your phone and the app can drain your battery just when you need your tunes the most. :sad2: This is $19.95. The timer is light and easy to do on the fly -- even if you are changing intervals.

timer__92693.1383922723.480.480.jpg

http://jeff-galloway-e-shop.mybigcommerce.com/run-walk-run-vibrating-timer/

If you get a Garmin really research the model that you are considering and what it will do. I got a cheaper model and it was a mistake and I only use it for races to keep track of my pace. I use the timer for intervals and my iPhone for music so the battery will last. I wear one ear bud and it works for me. If things get too exciting I can always turn it off but inevitably there are those miles you need some distraction. Save your money and buy some new shoes! :goodvibes It sounds like I am schlepping a bunch of stuff but I wear a sparkleskirt tech skirt and can pack plenty of stuff so I don't have to have a belt -- I even carry a little water bottle.

I see Rose answered your question about the W&D -- she is a legacy racer for W&D. I think it would be hard with your kiddos to be at WDW and not go to a park -- just my personal opinion.

Yay!! Thanks so much for the link. This is what I am looking for. I will be checking it out asap! I am also looking into a sparkle skirt. I actually have 2 new pairs of shoes set to arrive today from Running Warehouse. It was a gift to myself using some Christmas money and I am so excited. The poor delivery man is probably not so excited to have to deliver when it feels like -30 here, though :rotfl:

Good morning all! Sorry to be getting on here late again! Had some things to get done this morning after I dropped DS at school.

QOTD for Tuesday, January 7, 2014:

As you are making (or continuing to make) these new healthy changes in your life (eating better, exercise, drinking more water, getting more sleep, etc), what are some things that you can do/are doing to make these new habits STICK??

Do you pack your gym bag the night before? Are you bringing an extra large water bottle to work? Did you pack a week's worth of healthy brown-bag lunches?

If you are VERY NEW to this way of life, what types of things do you think will help you make this new way of life habit?

BB in a minute to chat..........P

I sit down on Fridays and make a menu of dinners for the week. Then I grocery shop on Saturday mornings or early afternoon so I am ready for the whole week. I pack my lunch and the kids lunches the night before to reduce rushing in the morning. I always pack myself lots of healthy stuff and lots of water. I will be starting to pack my gym bag at night as well.

I can't help with the race details, but I will say congrats on getting ready for your first Disney run!

Well, here's hoping I can convince DH it's in the budget :thumbsup2

DH mentioned to me that he was considering running a 5K (it would be his first this spring. It is a fundraiser for his fraternity. I should ask him again if he is still considering it and maybe offer to do it with him. I definitely need some sort of fitness goal to work towards right now!

This would be so much fun! Sign up and start getting ready :)

Well, Happy Tuesday all! DS is finally off to school! We have now used all of our built-in snow days, so after this we start adding to the schedule. :rolleyes: And we still have the rest of January plus February and March!

We only have 2 snow days built in our schedule and today was our second cancelled day. I'm hoping the weather stays nicer and we don't have to start tacking on in June, either. It feels nice to get back to a schedule, right?

SO much to do here today! Tonight will be my first WW meeting of the new year... (since last Tuesday was NYE) and I want it to be FUN and EXCITING for my returning members and WELCOMING for my new members (which there will hopefully be a LOT of)! I've got some WW balloons to blow up and I'm going to search through my party supplies here to find some streamers. I'm going to print a big welcome banner for the front door (since we are a travel location and meet in a church building) and be ready to greet everyone as they arrive (sometimes I am still setting up as folk start to arrive, since my set-up often takes me over an hour). And I need to rehearse my new Simple Start orientation.... I should have been practicing over this break, but I'll be the first to admit that I haven't even really thought about it.

Time to figure out what the men will eat for dinner tonight. I will be gone from about 3:30 until 8pm and they will be leaving here at 5 pm for tonight's robotics meeting. I'm really low on groceries (especially fresh fruit and veggies), so I'll have to be creative! I'll probably have a veggie burger myself when I return home after my meeting.

TTYL......................

I hope you have a lot of new members come to your meeting. I wish I lived closer so I could come and listen to you in person. You're such an inspiration here on the WISH boards!

I'm sure all the veteran WDW runners can help you out on this, but I thought I'd give my input, too! I did the TOT in 2012, and I didn't bring headphones because two of my friends said they had been training and were going to run with me. Of course, they didn't tell me they were going to be walking it, so I ended up running alone. I was doing 1 min run, 1 min walk for most of it. Since I thought we were all doing that, I brought my iPhone holder that straps onto my shoulder and I have an app that will beep at an interval you choose. There were a bunch of groups doing that - one person had a beeper and everyone would change paces when it went off.

But, since I didn't bring headphones, I became that person who was loudly beeping as a ran through the race...

:rolleyes1:

Nevertheless, I vowed to always bring headphones. It beeps over my music and I can keep one headphone in and one out. For a regular race, I keep both headphones in. But, for a Disney race, there is so much going on, and sometimes there are characters cheering for you - things I wouldn't want anyone to miss hearing. :)

Thanks for all the info! I didn't want to be the only runner/walker with ear buds in (I was only planning to keep one in so I could listen to music as well). Being a newbie to real races (as opposed to 5ks and The Biggest Loser 1/2) I didn't want to stand out and break any runner rules!

I agree with this! There are always discounted park tickets. After the TOT there is a major party at DHS, but I, for one, was not really motivated to dance after a 10 mile race lol But, the day before, going to the parks was great!

I'm not sure I'd be dancing, but walking around and maybe riding a ride or two would be fun? Or, I may want to just collapse :rotfl2:

I've been going to bed earlier. I know its not very extreme and doesn't require a lot of planning, but I used to have a lot of trouble falling asleep at night. This week, around 9pm, I get into bed and start to read. By 10:30/11, I turn off the light and am asleep shortly after! This morning, I even woke up before my alarm - which never happens! Feeling rested before my morning workout makes ALL the difference in the world. If I'm exhausted, I will come up with an excuse for why I should sleep in. It has really helped!

Good for you! Waking up refreshed is a perfect way to start your day.

This morning, I tried the nutrigrain bar and half a banana for my weight training workout, and it was also too much. I think it might work for cardio, but I'm going to go down even further on Thursday for my next weight training workout and just do the bar... in hopes that in a couple of weeks, I'll be able to just the banana and maybe some peanut butter or jam. :)

I also got my friend to start Power90! I don't know if she will stick with it- she's a yo-yo dieter like me. But, for the time being, its nice to have someone else who is in the same boat!

Hope everyone is bundled up nice and warm today!!!

I hope you and your friend have a good time with power90! You can keep each other motivated and on track :thumbsup2

I've done my meeting prep, made my presentation notes, printed up a fancy WELCOME banner and some motivation quotes to hang out. Now to get the balloons blown up and take my shower! TTYL..................P

Sounds like you're all ready! Hope you have a great meeting :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay...I started talking to DH about ToT or Wine & Dine (and he knows this has been something I've wanted to do for years) and he thinks it's a good idea! Buuuut....costs are a factor :( So, I guess we'll try to break things down and if flights are too much money, it may just be me traveling solo, or me and him if we can find people to keep DSs for the weekend. So, I think I'll register for one of them when they open (can't decide which yet!) and figure the rest out later :thumbsup2

2:15 and I haven't done too much around here! I did clean the whole bathroom, but that's about it. I was planning to go to the gym to run, but I really don't want to go out in -30 winds. And, the wind is crazy right now. Maybe I'll just hop on the dreaded elliptical here at home. At least it's something :thumbsup2

Okay, have to get moving and do something productive other than the disboard :lmao: Have a good day!

Jill

Hi everyone!

The kids are off today, but I'm here at my office (my one commuting day of the week, and it's the coldest day of the year!). I've been tracking and counting points like a boss, and I'm trying not to look at the box of macaroons a coworker brought me today as a thank-you gift. They sure are pretty - I think I'll have one later and leave the rest for the kiddos.

DH and I fly out first thing tomorrow for Dopey! AAAHHH! I can't believe it's here, and I can't believe I'm going to do this. I'm going to be careful about food while we're at WDW this week, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to treat myself to a couple of indulgences on Sunday and Monday when the races are over...

I started writing and then realized I forgot to quote back something I was going to answer - about the Garmin! I have the new 620, which lets you do customized workout intervals (up to 99 reps, like the Galloway timer) but also lets you set a standard walk-run ratio to run all the time, with no expiration. That one is in 15-second increments, so if you want to get 10-second level specific, it won't do it for you. I find the Galloway timer great for those more minute intervals, and it's easy to reset while you're running once you go past the 99 repetitions - the Garmin is harder to reset in the moment. But I love the 620 -the signal is loud and clear, and the lighting on the watch is great. I also found the touchscreen on the 620 to be much easier to use than the one on the 610 (which DH inherited). It's a pricey watch, but I use it all the time and decided it was worth the investment. I still use the Galloway timer, too, though, depending on the race!

All packed but for the very last-minute things...we leave for the airport at 4:30 tomorrow morning. I'm practicing for the Dopey early-to-rise days....

XO
Liz

Good morning all! Sorry to be getting on here late again! Had some things to get done this morning after I dropped DS at school.

As you are making (or continuing to make) these new healthy changes in your life (eating better, exercise, drinking more water, getting more sleep, etc), what are some things that you can do/are doing to make these new habits STICK??

Do you pack your gym bag the night before? Are you bringing an extra large water bottle to work? Did you pack a week's worth of healthy brown-bag lunches?

If you are VERY NEW to this way of life, what types of things do you think will help you make this new way of life habit?

BB in a minute to chat..........P

Like I said upthread, I am using recipes. Currently I am using ones from the Weight Watchers website or cookbooks. This just makes it easier. This is my first week back on plan and I notoriously fall off of the tracking wagon within 2 or 3 days. My weigh in days are Thursdays, and so far I have tracked every single day! Having leftovers is a huge help. I am keeping my workout clothes in my car so I don't have any excuses.

Happy lunch time! What did everyone have?

I had leftover roasted vegetable lasagna. It has eggplant, red bell peppers, and roma tomatoes. You roast them and then puree half of the veggies for the "sauce". It also has two kinds of cheese. It's very filling. I also had a Califia Farms Iced Coffee. It;s made with almond milk and only has 90 calories.

Hi everyone!

DH and I fly out first thing tomorrow for Dopey! AAAHHH! I can't believe it's here, and I can't believe I'm going to do this. I'm going to be careful about food while we're at WDW this week, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't going to treat myself to a couple of indulgences on Sunday and Monday when the races are over...

All packed but for the very last-minute things...we leave for the airport at 4:30 tomorrow morning. I'm practicing for the Dopey early-to-rise days....

XO
Liz

I'm jealous. I was telling my husband that when I get up to 1/2 or full marathon capabilities, I want to do a Disney race. I always loved marathon weekend when I worked there. My ultimate goal is to do the Danskin Womens triathlon, but that one is years in the making.

Hi guys...would have been here sooner but the damn poof fairy got me...never happened to me before!

QOTD for Monday, January 6, 2014:

After all of the holiday eating and excuses, what is the best way that you have to get yourself "back in the wagon" (i.e. back on plan)? Do you do a few days of juicing? Extra time at the gym? Be super strict about your food journaling? Read an especially inspiring quote?

I have to say I just hopped straight back onto the wagon!! Decided beforehand that New Years Day was the end of the 'bad' eating, and went straight back to my healthy ways. I never stopped with the exercise (even ran 5K on Christmas Day) so it's not really been a problem for me. It was actually a joy doing my food shopping this week as there were lots of healthy bargains to be had.

I plan......exercise is planned weekly, 3 x 5K minimum regardless of what else I have on. Food, I try to plan my meals a few days in advance, if not a week. If I know I'm eating out (like this week) then I plan what to cut back on for the other days to try and even things out a little.

I'm working away from home for the next few days, so will be checking in on my tablet (as long as the free WiFi is working). I've planned my food and have a bag of good stuff like fruit and cereal bars to keep me away from biscuits and cakes as I know they will be on offer.

Hey guys!!!!
It has been soooooo long and I have really missed you guys :)
Has been a trying year....I recently had my second wrist surgery to take out all the hardware that was put in a year ago to see if I will regain more range of motion....fingers crossed.
I am hoping Thursday I will get the green light to start putting pressure on it so I can try to get back to the gym. Not sure since I am only 2 weeks out of surgery but one can hope......
I will probably lurk the rest if this month and jump back in next...I have another wedding, the Heart Ball for work and hopefully a quick trip to Disney in April to work towards :)

Stay strong everyone!!!!!

Thanks, Pamela! :thanks: If you can do the QOTD for the week-end and Monday, I can do Tuesday and Wednesday. And if someone else wants to give coaching a try we will happily let you. :thumbsup2

Thank you for telling me this! :goodvibes I make sure I log out of WW so I should be okay with the FitBit.

Can you swim with the FitBit?
!
No Swimming with the FitBit! In fact I am very paranoid about forgetting to take it out of my pocket and it getting washed which would be the end of mine. :sad: I do think the newer "bracelet" models may be water resistant but I seem to recall reading that the action of swimming wouldn't register on it. But there is an option when you sync it online to add in exercise it didn't -- so you can add swimming in later.

I wish I could coach but I know I just won't have time. The office manager will be out next week so I have to cover her hours and that is going to have me :faint:.

For me it really helps to set up a "no excuses" zone all around me. I keep plenty of options at work at my desk and in the fridge so I can't go off plan because " I forgot my lunch" or "I am hungry and need a snack." . The same with at home. I try to keep enough stuff on hand that I can always find something on plan, even if I don't feel like cooking or haven't been to the grocery store. I keep a bar in my purse, have some 100 cal packs of almonds in the car, and I also never leave home without my water bottle.

I'm glad I'm not the only holiday nut on here! :cool1: Where in the world does one find PINK trees?! I'm ready to buy a new piece of furniture to take the place of where my tree was! Maybe I'll look into pink trees...
It is just a small tabletop tree, 3 ft I think. It is funny, DH found it a few years ago when we were at Walmart the day after Christmas looking for a new main tree. I think it was on clearance for $5 or $10-- ridiculously cheap so he had to buy it for our girls! Then of course it had to have ornaments, and only pink will do -- the sparklier the better-- so anytime I see pink ornaments I buy them. Pretty sure we have enough pink sparkly bows, hearts, stars and balls to decorate the entire 7ft tree with enough to spare! :rotfl: The tree skirt is actually a pink tulle skirt of my daughter's that she has now outgrown and it goes perfectly with the tree!

I'm a peanut nut as well! I crave it like nobody's business. I've tried to get into other spreads to wean it down, but there is nothing like peanut butter. If you want a real treat and are ever in NYC, there is a place called PB & Co. and everything on their menu is made with peanut butter. That is where I had my first Elvis - peanut butter with banana sandwich, and my first peanut butter, chocolate, and banana milkshake. Talk about maxing out on my daily points!!! ;) But, for an indulgence, its delicious!
I think I have heard of that place, sounds wonderful! I love a chocolate, banana, pb shake! My mother is from Memphis so I grew up eating PB and banana sandwiches! If you have never tried a Fluffernutter-- DON'T! It is the most wonderful, sickeningly sweet combination of peanut butter and Marshmallow Fluff and will blow your point for the entire week! Mom would also make us Peanut Butter and Honey sandwiches.

Ripe Bananas are another of my absolute favorites. At my inlaws over Christmas there was a plate of cookies and bunch of bananas-- the bananas were way more of a temptation to me than the cookies.

I've been going to bed earlier. I know its not very extreme and doesn't require a lot of planning, but I used to have a lot of trouble falling asleep at night. This week, around 9pm, I get into bed and start to read. By 10:30/11, I turn off the light and am asleep shortly after! This morning, I even woke up before my alarm - which never happens! Feeling rested before my morning workout makes ALL the difference in the world. If I'm exhausted, I will come up with an excuse for why I should sleep in. It has really helped!
They say that getting enough sleep is a huge help with weight loss. And I know I make better choices when I am well rested.

This morning, I tried the nutrigrain bar and half a banana for my weight training workout, and it was also too much. I think it might work for cardio, but I'm going to go down even further on Thursday for my next weight training workout and just do the bar... in hopes that in a couple of weeks, I'll be able to just the banana and maybe some peanut butter or jam. :)
!
What about a breakfast Elvis?? Toast a piece of good whole wheat bread, put a spread of peanut butter and then some sliced banana on top? That gives you some good carbs and the protein of the pb and some potassium from the banana. Subbing apple for the banana is also really good. That has become one of DD13s favorite afternoon snacks (I have banned bananas from the house!)

I've done my meeting prep, made my presentation notes, printed up a fancy WELCOME banner and some motivation quotes to hang out. Now to get the balloons blown up and take my shower! TTYL..................P
How exciting. You are the most AWESOME leader ever! I hope you have a packed house! :crowded:

[/COLOR]

Okay, have to get moving and do something productive other than the disboard :lmao: Have a good day!

Jill
:confused3 There are other things to do than DIS? ;)

XO
Liz

GOOD LUCK and have fun! :cool1:

Just a quick post, since I am determined to check in regularly. :)

It was -3 when I went to the gym this morning, and 14 when I came home from work. We are making progress!:cool1:

Jen--bless your heart! I hope that wrist/hand is better soon!

Liz--have fun and good luck!

I worked out for an hour today, drank my water, did my planks and meditation, and cooked dinner when I really, really, really wanted takeout. So all in all a pretty good (though long :)) day.

Have a great Tuesday! :)

Is peanut butter totally off plan for you? I'm not familiar at all with the Medi-Fast plan. I agree that REAL peanut butter is best. The PB I like best is the Teddy's organic all-natural.... just organic peanuts and sea salt. It tastes like a treat, but I know it is relatively healthy.... but portion control is the key. I've tried the "Better than PB" stuff .... is bearable but not great. And for a few years I was using a BL cookbook peanut butter "spread" recipe that combined real PB with tofu. It gave the taste of PB but was much lighter and you could use more.... which was nice, but the tofu has a really limited life in the fridge so I was rarely able to use up even a half batch before the tofu would turn. And you had to eat your toast quickly if you used this because the tofu made it soggy if you left it sitting too long.... but at least it gave me a nice PB taste on my toast.... great with some banana slices. I'll dig out the recipe if you think you might like it.

Essentially Peanut Butter is off plan. I can have the PB2 and I do add it to a few things but that doesn't satisfy the craving. And I have natural PB and have tried other options. Peanut Butter is a trigger food for me. I have to avoid it completely in it's creamy, jarred state! The PB2 is enough of the flavor to help make some of the things I eat better or different but not enough to make me want to go wild. But if I have a little non powdered PB on anything it makes me want to sit with the jar and a spoon and eat until I puke. So I really need to avoid it. And PB and banana? :love: :scared: Just check me in to Betty Ford.

:wave2:
So enjoyed my 2 hour delay today. The district is talking about adjusting school times here so our High Schools start later. The proposals all have the Middle Schools as the "late" school so we would start 60-90 minutes later than we do now. Of course most of my coworkers are not in favor of that but I am :cheer2: . I am not a morning person! It doesn't matter how early I go to bed, I do NOT want to get up at 6:30am. Another hour really would make a big difference to me. Of course then we would get out an hour early but to me there is not much difference between leaving at 4 or leaving at 5. Any change wouldn't happen until at least after the next school year so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Because I had extra time this morning (I got up at 7:30 instead of 6:30) I was able to make a chocolate waffle from my medifast foods for breakfast, and get the things together to have the dinner I missed last night for lunch today. It required precooking part of it and it was nice to have time to do it in the morning so it was fresh.

Right now I am indulging in my new winter favorite treat-- Pumpkin Spice coffee with some sugar free French Vanilla creamer. I swear it tastes just like Pumpkin Pie with vanilla ice cream.

There are 2 new GREAT products I have discovered while doing Medifast. The first is DiVinci Sugar Free coffee syrups. They are like the ones that would be used to flavor your coffee at Starbucks. The company had a Black Friday special of free shipping so I ordered 8 bottles! My favorites are French Vanilla and Peppermint Paddy. I also got Pumpkin Pie flavor-- so when my pumpkin pie coffee runs out I can still add that to regular coffee. They have a Peanut Butter flavor that I may have to order next time. :blush: Seriously these things are so good and useful for so much more than just coffee. I added Egg Nog flavor to sf vanilla pudding, I put some chocolate flavor in my waffle this morning, the Pumpkin pie flavor can go in vanilla pudding, I have mint that is just awesome in everything! DD has been adding it to her Slim Fast shake in the morning when she wants a change.

The other thing is Walden Farms products. Okay, I haven't tried much of these and if you are looking for all natural and healthy this isn't it. Pretty sure they just a big chemistry experiment, but if you want familiar flavors with 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs then these may be worth trying. So far I like the barbecue sauce. BBQ sauce is high in sugar so this is the only way I can have it. I did try their "marshmallow" dip but didn't care for it. They have a chocolate sauce that isn't bad in small amounts on something (don't try it straight from the bottle! :rolleyes1 ). They have salad dressing (0 calorie, 0 carb, 0 fat salad dressing!) and I have a bottle of blue cheese but I have been afraid to try it. :scared: From what I read the dressings are "watery" but if the taste isn't bad and it helps me get this weight off it may be worth it. Some people love them, some hate them. They are hard to find in stores, not many places carry them. I found a few things at one of my local stores so that is what I have tried. They can be ordered online.

:scratchin I wonder if Walden Farms has peanut butter. . .

Gotta go figure out lunch for tomorrow, make a grocery list (we are out of everything!) and get ready for bed. Everyone have a great ON PLAN day tomorrow!:cheer2:

Morning all! Fly-by post with the QOTD and I'll be back later after some errands to chat more!

QOTD for Wednesday January 8, 2014:

What are the top 5 tools in your weight loss/healthy lifestyle tool kit??These can be both tangible and other. If you are just starting and don't have 5, just list what you have.

What are the top 5 tools in your weight loss/healthy lifestyle tool kit??These can be both tangible and other. If you are just starting and don't have 5, just list what you have.

1. calorie counts. As long as I can track that number I will be ok. and it is on EVERYTHING, so I dont have to guess.
2. A supportive husband. Even if I dont feel like being "good" today he pushes me.
3. SPIN CLASS!!! I love it, it makes me feel good, it pushes me.
4. My food scale. So much easier then measuring food, plus I can just use the dish im going to eat off of so there are less dishes because im lazy, lol

I cant think of a number 5. :/

I started the bikini body mommy 90 day challenge, and ohhhhhh does it burn. Its a good burn, and I am hopeful I will see results.

Thank you all for your kind words. After indulging in a cheesesteak and a bottle of Coke for lunch yesterday that a co-worker bought for me, I think I am over my "eat my feelings" stage. I don't think very much soda and never really have so when I have a coke, it's a rare treat. I enjoy it much more that way, I think. ::yes:: I have meals loosely planned for the rest of the week so I should be okay from today until at least sunday. That's when services are. There are going to be a lot of empty calories at the bar following the service, I think, but it will be nice to be with all of our friends in one place to talk about all of the stupid things we all did, and then start recovering and moving on.

Last night DBF and I went to a taping for WWE Smackdown. We were both huge wrestling fans when we were kids and fell back into it being somewhat of a guilty pleasure a few years ago when we saw that The Rock would be guest hosting an episode of Monday Night Raw. We haven't missed very many episodes since, lol. We even went to Wrestlemania this year since it was in neighboring New Jersey. That's actually how we got to Smackdown last night too. Our WM seats ended up having an unadvertised obstructed view so they comped us 2 tickets to TWO different events. :cool1: Last night came at almost the perfect time because we were both able to break away from what's been going on in the last 48 hours.

Tonight I am having dinner at my Grandparents' retirement community :faint: with my parents and sister who is in visiting from Milwaukee because we weren't able to see them on Christmas. It will be nice to visit but the food is... bland, lol.

QOTD Tues: As you are making (or continuing to make) these new healthy changes in your life (eating better, exercise, drinking more water, getting more sleep, etc), what are some things that you can do/are doing to make these new habits STICK??

I definitely pack my gym bag the night before. I actually have it packed and by the door right now so that I can stop at the gym on my way home from dinner. Have to get a few miles in on the treadmill tonight. I also bought a Naglene (sp?) water bottle (the type that they carry on BL; which reminds me that I have to watch the episode from last night!) to keep with me at work. It is 32oz so I try to drink a few of them a day. We also loosely meal plan (we don't plan what meals on what days but we shop for specific meals etc) and we always make sure to make enough for lunches the next day.

QOTD Wed: What are the top 5 tools in your weight loss/healthy lifestyle tool kit??These can be both tangible and other. If you are just starting and don't have 5, just list what you have.

1. Meal planning, primarily breakfast. Right now I am big on Jimmy Dean Delights. The bacon egg and cheese flatbread is the perfect size to get me through the first couple hours of work until I have a snack around 10am, and it's only 250 calories.

2. The internet! I constantly am browsing various hashtags on Instagram and Twitter for motivation. My favorites are #rundisney, #runchat, and #fitfluential.

3. MFP. As I said a couple of days ago, if I'm not tracking, I'm not losing. And I have my phone on my 95% of the time so having an app to do it with is perfect.

4. SHOES! Whether it's walking (I work in a warehouse so it's really easy to just take a break and do a couple of laps to get some extra steps in), running, or you know.. just living :rotfl:, a good pair of shoes is CRUCIAL!

5. WATER. My best friend's friend who is also her trainer broke it down to her this way: Fat likes to stick together so if you are dehydrated, it's going to stay together. When you introduce hydration into the mix, it becomes like a flash flood and the fat will have to struggle to stay together not to get washed away. That image has stuck with me, lol.

SO much to do here today! Tonight will be my first WW meeting of the new year... (since last Tuesday was NYE) and I want it to be FUN and EXCITING for my returning members and WELCOMING for my new members (which there will hopefully be a LOT of)! I've got some WW balloons to blow up and I'm going to search through my party supplies here to find some streamers. I'm going to print a big welcome banner for the front door (since we are a travel location and meet in a church building) and be ready to greet everyone as they arrive (sometimes I am still setting up as folk start to arrive, since my set-up often takes me over an hour). And I need to rehearse my new Simple Start orientation.... I should have been practicing over this break, but I'll be the first to admit that I haven't even really thought about it.

Sounds like you are quite the WW leader! Hope it went just as smoothly as you predicted! :)

[/COLOR]
Yay!! Thanks so much for the link. This is what I am looking for. I will be checking it out asap! I am also looking into a sparkle skirt. I actually have 2 new pairs of shoes set to arrive today from Running Warehouse. It was a gift to myself using some Christmas money and I am so excited. The poor delivery man is probably not so excited to have to deliver when it feels like -30 here, though :rotfl:

I'm so jealous! What a great gift you gave yourself!!!

DH and I fly out first thing tomorrow for Dopey! AAAHHH!

Sending you all the pixiedust: I can!!! You will be great! Congrats on making it far enough to even attempt Dopey!! Good for you!!!!

My ultimate goal is to do the Danskin Womens triathlon, but that one is years in the making.

That's been on my bucket list for awhile, too! It is also years in the making for me - mostly because I have this fear of swimming in a pack of people. But, what an awesome thing to have on your list!!!

Hi guys...would have been here sooner but the damn poof fairy got me...never happened to me before!

Sorry if this is obvious, but what exactly is the poof fairy? :confused3:

It is just a small tabletop tree, 3 ft I think. It is funny, DH found it a few years ago when we were at Walmart the day after Christmas looking for a new main tree. I think it was on clearance for $5 or $10-- ridiculously cheap so he had to buy it for our girls! Then of course it had to have ornaments, and only pink will do -- the sparklier the better-- so anytime I see pink ornaments I buy them. Pretty sure we have enough pink sparkly bows, hearts, stars and balls to decorate the entire 7ft tree with enough to spare! :rotfl: The tree skirt is actually a pink tulle skirt of my daughter's that she has now outgrown and it goes perfectly with the tree!

That sounds AWESOME! Truly. The problem with living in NYC is we don't have any Walmarts. I'm missing living in FL for that reason alone! :rotfl:

But, I am heading this weekend to Christmas Tree Shops to do some after-Xmas shopping. Maybe they'll have a pink tree there! :lmao:

I think I have heard of that place, sounds wonderful! I love a chocolate, banana, pb shake! My mother is from Memphis so I grew up eating PB and banana sandwiches! If you have never tried a Fluffernutter-- DON'T! It is the most wonderful, sickeningly sweet combination of peanut butter and Marshmallow Fluff and will blow your point for the entire week! Mom would also make us Peanut Butter and Honey sandwiches.

When I was in Memphis this summer, I actually made sure to go to a diner and get an Elvis =P And of course I have had Fluffernutters!! I'm actually not a big Fluff fan. I did make a 9 combo sandwich one time - which, for those of you who don't know, is peanut butter, cookie butter, and nutella on one side, and then honey, strawberry jam, and fluff on the other side. Let me tell you, it makes for one HELL of a sandwich. You can see it here:

http://cheezburger.com/7667768832

DO NOT ATTEMPT!!! :rotfl:

Don't hate me, but.... they do... http://www.waldenfarms.com/products/spread_peanut.html

LOL I've never had Walden Farms, but I know people who swear by it.

Hmm... This is a tough one!

1. A routine. If I don't have a plan for the week/month, I won't do anything.
2. Water - and lots of it!
3. A support system. That's usually where I fail, because I've grown to not tell my friends if I'm trying to lose weight because when I fall off the bandwagon, they, without trying to, make me feel worse about it. I'm hoping DIS will help with that, this time around. :)
4. A strong sports bra. My ladies need all the support they can get when I'm doing jumping jacks! :rotfl2:
5. Easy snacks/meals. I try and make sure there is always something quick, ready to go, so that if I'm feeling lazy, its not an excuse to order in something greasy (and delicious).

5. WATER. My best friend's friend who is also her trainer broke it down to her this way: Fat likes to stick together so if you are dehydrated, it's going to stay together. When you introduce hydration into the mix, it becomes like a flash flood and the fat will have to struggle to stay together not to get washed away. That image has stuck with me, lol.

I love this!!! What a great image to use!!! Glad you are feeling better. Sending well wishes to you and your family!

-------

Well, after all that bragging about how I've been sleeping so great this week, the temperature drop made my heater freak out last night and I got very little sleep. It was FREEZING!!! :sad:

Between the shuffling of the 10 blankets on my bed, and the people in the hallways calling the super at 3am to fix the heat, I got about 2 hours of sleep. My morning workout did not happen lol But, it is going up to the 20s tonight! Hooray!! :cool1: So, I'm hoping to get a workout in after work before dinner.

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Today is actually National Male Watcher's Day. No, I'm 100% serious. I have one of those calendars that tells you about the weird holidays in America. Today is especially strange. Google it if you don't believe me! It is also Bubble Bath Day - so go take one and relax!

:woohoo:

Morning all! Fly-by post with the QOTD and I'll be back later after some errands to chat more!

1. journaling
2. zumba
3. nuts
4. sugar free chocolates
5. my Hubs and family - for loving me no matter what..

Happy Hump day!

Hmmmm.
1. My 32 ounce Nalgene bottle. I really am not a fan of water and don't really drink a lot of anything to be honest, so I have been filling my pink bottle up and making sure I drink at least one a day.
2. Pinterest. I love pinterest for meal planning.
3. My ipod. Keeps me going when I am struggling or need some motivation.
4. My running shoes.
5. My 8 Minute Meditation book.

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday. I am having a biopsy done this afternoon. Boo. Hopefully it won't hurt too much afterwards. And I find out if I have to have an endometrial biopsy. Fun times at my house.;) At least it is warming up a little bit.:cool1:

Meep meep!!

Quick drive by post. I'm here. I'm working on my dietary changes. I'm back in the gym. Trying to catch up on my training for the 1/2.
DH is still being a PITA about the trip but come hell or high water, I'm going, even if that means I take the kids by myself.
I hope to have more time to read and respond once I get back into a better daily routine.

Miss y'all!!!!!!! You are not far from my thoughts every day.

Miss you as well! We'll save a spot for you! Come on back whenever you have time!

Hi! Been busy packing up all the Christmas decor and getting my house back to normal. Love my Fitbit. The little happy face is quite the motivator. I hate seeing it like this

QOTD Monday: I find if I fall off track I just have to make the decision to let it go and start back the next day. I'm going to have bad days and good days. I just shoot for more good ones than bad.

QOTD Tuesday: I'm am sooooooo NOT a planner. But I desperately need to be. So my goal is to plan my meals and pack my dinner (I work evenings most of the time).

Now I gotta get moving so I can keep my Fitbit like this :)!

Oh and thank you lovestoscrap for the Bolthouse dressing tip. I love it!!

I like the Bolthouse dressings as well.... most especially the creamy yogurt blue cheese!

Glad that you are finding the FitBit motivating. I bought one for DH for Christmas, but it is going back to Target because he hates wearing anything that remotely reminds him of jewelry.... I kind of figured that this was too much like a watch, but thought that the "tech geek" part of him might win.

[/COLOR]

Thanks for the info! I did look at the run Disney website and saw they have reduced ticket prices. This was supposed to be the year of no vacation since we did 2 in 2013, so costs are adding up! If the whole family goes, and flight prices stay the same, it'll cost $1200 to fly down. Last January we flew for less than $800 total! I think that's why I am freaking a tad

I just told DH that if we do not buy park tickets, we can still do the after party at either race, then add tickets to either MNSSHP or MVMCP depending on the race. I've always wanted to do Disney at Christmas, but I'm guessing too much isn't decorated yet by the Wine & Dine 1/2.

Hmmm...lots to think about!

Yay!! Thanks so much for the link. This is what I am looking for. I will be checking it out asap! I am also looking into a sparkle skirt. I actually have 2 new pairs of shoes set to arrive today from Running Warehouse. It was a gift to myself using some Christmas money and I am so excited. The poor delivery man is probably not so excited to have to deliver when it feels like -30 here, though

Sounds like you are READY TO RACE!!

I sit down on Fridays and make a menu of dinners for the week. Then I grocery shop on Saturday mornings or early afternoon so I am ready for the whole week. I pack my lunch and the kids lunches the night before to reduce rushing in the morning. I always pack myself lots of healthy stuff and lots of water. I will be starting to pack my gym bag at night as well.

That's great!!

I hope you have a lot of new members come to your meeting. I wish I lived closer so I could come and listen to you in person. You're such an inspiration here on the WISH boards!

Awww... thanks!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Okay...I started talking to DH about ToT or Wine & Dine (and he knows this has been something I've wanted to do for years) and he thinks it's a good idea! Buuuut....costs are a factor So, I guess we'll try to break things down and if flights are too much money, it may just be me traveling solo, or me and him if we can find people to keep DSs for the weekend. So, I think I'll register for one of them when they open (can't decide which yet!) and figure the rest out later

If you can start planning this far in advance, maybe you could find a few places in the daily budget to make some changes so that you can save enough for this.

2:15 and I haven't done too much around here! I did clean the whole bathroom, but that's about it. I was planning to go to the gym to run, but I really don't want to go out in -30 winds. And, the wind is crazy right now. Maybe I'll just hop on the dreaded elliptical here at home. At least it's something

Okay, have to get moving and do something productive other than the disboard Have a good day!

Jill

Hope your day was good as well! Stay warm!!

Hi everyone!

The kids are off today, but I'm here at my office (my one commuting day of the week, and it's the coldest day of the year!). I've been tracking and counting points like a boss, and I'm trying not to look at the box of macaroons a coworker brought me today as a thank-you gift. They sure are pretty - I think I'll have one later and leave the rest for the kiddos.

I started writing and then realized I forgot to quote back something I was going to answer - about the Garmin! I have the new 620, which lets you do customized workout intervals (up to 99 reps, like the Galloway timer) but also lets you set a standard walk-run ratio to run all the time, with no expiration. That one is in 15-second increments, so if you want to get 10-second level specific, it won't do it for you. I find the Galloway timer great for those more minute intervals, and it's easy to reset while you're running once you go past the 99 repetitions - the Garmin is harder to reset in the moment. But I love the 620 -the signal is loud and clear, and the lighting on the watch is great. I also found the touchscreen on the 620 to be much easier to use than the one on the 610 (which DH inherited). It's a pricey watch, but I use it all the time and decided it was worth the investment. I still use the Galloway timer, too, though, depending on the race!

XO
Liz

Prayers for safe travels and wishing you the VERY BEST of luck on your race! We will be thinking of you!

Like I said upthread, I am using recipes. Currently I am using ones from the Weight Watchers website or cookbooks. This just makes it easier. This is my first week back on plan and I notoriously fall off of the tracking wagon within 2 or 3 days. My weigh in days are Thursdays, and so far I have tracked every single day! Having leftovers is a huge help. I am keeping my workout clothes in my car so I don't have any excuses.

Good for you for having a great first week back on plan! Don't forget to share any great recipes over on the recipe thread!

I had leftover roasted vegetable lasagna. It has eggplant, red bell peppers, and roma tomatoes. You roast them and then puree half of the veggies for the "sauce". It also has two kinds of cheese. It's very filling. I also had a Califia Farms Iced Coffee. It;s made with almond milk and only has 90 calories.

That sounds delicious!

I'm jealous. I was telling my husband that when I get up to 1/2 or full marathon capabilities, I want to do a Disney race. I always loved marathon weekend when I worked there. My ultimate goal is to do the Danskin Womens triathlon, but that one is years in the making.

But you could do it, if you really wanted to!

Naughty poof fairy! Don't send her my way!

QOTD for Monday, January 6, 2014:

After all of the holiday eating and excuses, what is the best way that you have to get yourself "back in the wagon" (i.e. back on plan)? Do you do a few days of juicing? Extra time at the gym? Be super strict about your food journaling? Read an especially inspiring quote?

I have to say I just hopped straight back onto the wagon!! Decided beforehand that New Years Day was the end of the 'bad' eating, and went straight back to my healthy ways. I never stopped with the exercise (even ran 5K on Christmas Day) so it's not really been a problem for me. It was actually a joy doing my food shopping this week as there were lots of healthy bargains to be had.

I plan......exercise is planned weekly, 3 x 5K minimum regardless of what else I have on. Food, I try to plan my meals a few days in advance, if not a week. If I know I'm eating out (like this week) then I plan what to cut back on for the other days to try and even things out a little.

I'm working away from home for the next few days, so will be checking in on my tablet (as long as the free WiFi is working). I've planned my food and have a bag of good stuff like fruit and cereal bars to keep me away from biscuits and cakes as I know they will be on offer.

It is really NO WONDER that you had such a great weight-loss year in 2013.... you have REALLY created a new healthier lifestyle that you obviously can stick with!! You are an inspiration!!

Hey guys!!!!
It has been soooooo long and I have really missed you guys
Has been a trying year....I recently had my second wrist surgery to take out all the hardware that was put in a year ago to see if I will regain more range of motion....fingers crossed.
I am hoping Thursday I will get the green light to start putting pressure on it so I can try to get back to the gym. Not sure since I am only 2 weeks out of surgery but one can hope......
I will probably lurk the rest if this month and jump back in next...I have another wedding, the Heart Ball for work and hopefully a quick trip to Disney in April to work towards

Stay strong everyone!!!!!

Welcome back friend! Fingers crossed and prayers coming that the wrist and hand continue to heal!

I see you have lots of things coming up on your schedule.... envious that one of them is a Disney trip!

No Swimming with the FitBit! In fact I am very paranoid about forgetting to take it out of my pocket and it getting washed which would be the end of mine. :sad: I do think the newer "bracelet" models may be water resistant but I seem to recall reading that the action of swimming wouldn't register on it. But there is an option when you sync it online to add in exercise it didn't -- so you can add swimming in later.

I wish I could coach but I know I just won't have time. The office manager will be out next week so I have to cover her hours and that is going to have me

That's okay... we understand!!

For me it really helps to set up a "no excuses" zone all around me. I keep plenty of options at work at my desk and in the fridge so I can't go off plan because " I forgot my lunch" or "I am hungry and need a snack." . The same with at home. I try to keep enough stuff on hand that I can always find something on plan, even if I don't feel like cooking or haven't been to the grocery store. I keep a bar in my purse, have some 100 cal packs of almonds in the car, and I also never leave home without my water bottle.

That is great that you have made your work area a "no excuses" zone! You are truly setting yourself up for success!!

It is just a small tabletop tree, 3 ft I think. It is funny, DH found it a few years ago when we were at Walmart the day after Christmas looking for a new main tree. I think it was on clearance for $5 or $10-- ridiculously cheap so he had to buy it for our girls! Then of course it had to have ornaments, and only pink will do -- the sparklier the better-- so anytime I see pink ornaments I buy them. Pretty sure we have enough pink sparkly bows, hearts, stars and balls to decorate the entire 7ft tree with enough to spare! The tree skirt is actually a pink tulle skirt of my daughter's that she has now outgrown and it goes perfectly with the tree!

My daughter would LOVE a little pink tree for her dorm next year! I'll have to start looking around in the fall, when the Christmas stuff starts appearing. IT sounds adorable!

Ripe Bananas are another of my absolute favorites. At my inlaws over Christmas there was a plate of cookies and bunch of bananas-- the bananas were way more of a temptation to me than the cookies.

We need to stop talking about all of this deliciousness!!

They say that getting enough sleep is a huge help with weight loss. And I know I make better choices when I am well rested.

AMEN!:thumbsup2

What about a breakfast Elvis?? Toast a piece of good whole wheat bread, put a spread of peanut butter and then some sliced banana on top? That gives you some good carbs and the protein of the pb and some potassium from the banana. Subbing apple for the banana is also really good. That has become one of DD13s favorite afternoon snacks (I have banned bananas from the house!)

How exciting. You are the most AWESOME leader ever! I hope you have a packed house! :crowded:

Awww... thanks! It was NOT packed house, unfortunately.... and I think it was because of the bitter cold windy night. Fingers crossed that next week FINALLY brings out the "Resolution-ers".

Just a quick post, since I am determined to check in regularly.

It was -3 when I went to the gym this morning, and 14 when I came home from work. We are making progress!

I worked out for an hour today, drank my water, did my planks and meditation, and cooked dinner when I really, really, really wanted takeout. So all in all a pretty good (though long ) day.

Have a great Tuesday!

It sounds like it was an excellent day! Hope today is good too!

Essentially Peanut Butter is off plan. I can have the PB2 and I do add it to a few things but that doesn't satisfy the craving. And I have natural PB and have tried other options. Peanut Butter is a trigger food for me. I have to avoid it completely in it's creamy, jarred state! The PB2 is enough of the flavor to help make some of the things I eat better or different but not enough to make me want to go wild. But if I have a little non powdered PB on anything it makes me want to sit with the jar and a spoon and eat until I puke. So I really need to avoid it. And PB and banana? :love: :scared: Just check me in to Betty Ford.

Well, at least you KNOW that pb is a problem for you and you can find ways to keep away from it. oh well.

So enjoyed my 2 hour delay today. The district is talking about adjusting school times here so our High Schools start later. The proposals all have the Middle Schools as the "late" school so we would start 60-90 minutes later than we do now. Of course most of my coworkers are not in favor of that but I am . I am not a morning person! It doesn't matter how early I go to bed, I do NOT want to get up at 6:30am. Another hour really would make a big difference to me. Of course then we would get out an hour early but to me there is not much difference between leaving at 4 or leaving at 5. Any change wouldn't happen until at least after the next school year so it will be interesting to see what happens.

They messed with our school start times a few years ago to make the bussing schedule work out better and our middle school is our "early" school. Hope it works out for you!

Because I had extra time this morning (I got up at 7:30 instead of 6:30) I was able to make a chocolate waffle from my medifast foods for breakfast, and get the things together to have the dinner I missed last night for lunch today. It required precooking part of it and it was nice to have time to do it in the morning so it was fresh.

Yum, yum!!

Right now I am indulging in my new winter favorite treat-- Pumpkin Spice coffee with some sugar free French Vanilla creamer. I swear it tastes just like Pumpkin Pie with vanilla ice cream.

There are 2 new GREAT products I have discovered while doing Medifast. The first is DiVinci Sugar Free coffee syrups. They are like the ones that would be used to flavor your coffee at Starbucks. The company had a Black Friday special of free shipping so I ordered 8 bottles! My favorites are French Vanilla and Peppermint Paddy. I also got Pumpkin Pie flavor-- so when my pumpkin pie coffee runs out I can still add that to regular coffee. They have a Peanut Butter flavor that I may have to order next time. Seriously these things are so good and useful for so much more than just coffee. I added Egg Nog flavor to sf vanilla pudding, I put some chocolate flavor in my waffle this morning, the Pumpkin pie flavor can go in vanilla pudding, I have mint that is just awesome in everything! DD has been adding it to her Slim Fast shake in the morning when she wants a change.

All sounds delicious!!

The other thing is Walden Farms products. Okay, I haven't tried much of these and if you are looking for all natural and healthy this isn't it. Pretty sure they just a big chemistry experiment, but if you want familiar flavors with 0 calories, 0 fat, 0 carbs then these may be worth trying. So far I like the barbecue sauce. BBQ sauce is high in sugar so this is the only way I can have it. I did try their "marshmallow" dip but didn't care for it. They have a chocolate sauce that isn't bad in small amounts on something (don't try it straight from the bottle!). They have salad dressing (0 calorie, 0 carb, 0 fat salad dressing!) and I have a bottle of blue cheese but I have been afraid to try it. From what I read the dressings are "watery" but if the taste isn't bad and it helps me get this weight off it may be worth it. Some people love them, some hate them. They are hard to find in stores, not many places carry them. I found a few things at one of my local stores so that is what I have tried. They can be ordered online.

THEY DO and it is terrible.... don't waste your money! I have bought a few WF things... mostly for DH. He seems to think that the chocolate syrup is pretty good (I put it on the Breyers low carb chocolate ice cream for him), but I didn't care for it.... and the BBQ sauce was bearable... especially when I mixed it with a bit of homemade low carb sauce (mostly mayo, mustard, vinegar, tomato paste, and a bit of Splenda). I've tried a few other things in the past (wish I could remember exactly what) and they were TERRIBLE..... threw them away after the first taste. And you are right about the chemical cocktail.... otherwise how can ANY food other than water have 0 carbs, 0 fat, and 0 calories!!??

Gotta go figure out lunch for tomorrow, make a grocery list (we are out of everything!) and get ready for bed. Everyone have a great ON PLAN day tomorrow!:cheer2:

Our fridge was quite bare as well, so I hit the market this morning to the tune of $305!!!!

1. calorie counts. As long as I can track that number I will be ok. and it is on EVERYTHING, so I dont have to guess.
2. A supportive husband. Even if I dont feel like being "good" today he pushes me.
3. SPIN CLASS!!! I love it, it makes me feel good, it pushes me.
4. My food scale. So much easier then measuring food, plus I can just use the dish im going to eat off of so there are less dishes because im lazy, lol

I cant think of a number 5. :/

I started the bikini body mommy 90 day challenge, and ohhhhhh does it burn. Its a good burn, and I am hopeful I will see results.

Great list!

Thank you all for your kind words. After indulging in a cheesesteak and a bottle of Coke for lunch yesterday that a co-worker bought for me, I think I am over my "eat my feelings" stage. I don't think very much soda and never really have so when I have a coke, it's a rare treat. I enjoy it much more that way, I think. ::yes:: I have meals loosely planned for the rest of the week so I should be okay from today until at least sunday. That's when services are. There are going to be a lot of empty calories at the bar following the service, I think, but it will be nice to be with all of our friends in one place to talk about all of the stupid things we all did, and then start recovering and moving on.

If you offer to be designated driver, maybe the bar calories could be kept to a minimum??

Last night DBF and I went to a taping for WWE Smackdown. We were both huge wrestling fans when we were kids and fell back into it being somewhat of a guilty pleasure a few years ago when we saw that The Rock would be guest hosting an episode of Monday Night Raw. We haven't missed very many episodes since, lol. We even went to Wrestlemania this year since it was in neighboring New Jersey. That's actually how we got to Smackdown last night too. Our WM seats ended up having an unadvertised obstructed view so they comped us 2 tickets to TWO different events. :cool1: Last night came at almost the perfect time because we were both able to break away from what's been going on in the last 48 hours.

Sounds like a fun adventure!!

Tonight I am having dinner at my Grandparents' retirement community :faint: with my parents and sister who is in visiting from Milwaukee because we weren't able to see them on Christmas. It will be nice to visit but the food is... bland, lol.

Well.... maybe the bland foods will keep you on plan! :rotfl: Enjoy your family time!

QOTD Tues: As you are making (or continuing to make) these new healthy changes in your life (eating better, exercise, drinking more water, getting more sleep, etc), what are some things that you can do/are doing to make these new habits STICK??

I definitely pack my gym bag the night before. I actually have it packed and by the door right now so that I can stop at the gym on my way home from dinner. Have to get a few miles in on the treadmill tonight. I also bought a Naglene (sp?) water bottle (the type that they carry on BL; which reminds me that I have to watch the episode from last night!) to keep with me at work. It is 32oz so I try to drink a few of them a day. We also loosely meal plan (we don't plan what meals on what days but we shop for specific meals etc) and we always make sure to make enough for lunches the next day.

Planning ahead is such a big important key!!

QOTD Wed: What are the top 5 tools in your weight loss/healthy lifestyle tool kit??These can be both tangible and other. If you are just starting and don't have 5, just list what you have.

1. Meal planning, primarily breakfast. Right now I am big on Jimmy Dean Delights. The bacon egg and cheese flatbread is the perfect size to get me through the first couple hours of work until I have a snack around 10am, and it's only 250 calories.

2. The internet! I constantly am browsing various hashtags on Instagram and Twitter for motivation. My favorites are #rundisney, #runchat, and #fitfluential.

3. MFP. As I said a couple of days ago, if I'm not tracking, I'm not losing. And I have my phone on my 95% of the time so having an app to do it with is perfect.

4. SHOES! Whether it's walking (I work in a warehouse so it's really easy to just take a break and do a couple of laps to get some extra steps in), running, or you know.. just living :rotfl:, a good pair of shoes is CRUCIAL!

I love that visual of breaking down my fat and flushing it out!!

Sounds like you are quite the WW leader! Hope it went just as smoothly as you predicted! :)

It was fine, despite the lower number of members than I had hoped for.

Sorry if this is obvious, but what exactly is the poof fairy? :confused3:

She's the evil fairy that makes your entire post go "poof" into cyberspace.... usually after your have spent 30 minutes doing replies!! She is officially banned here, but still makes the occasional appearance.... most predictably at the WORST times!!

But, I am heading this weekend to Christmas Tree Shops to do some after-Xmas shopping. Maybe they'll have a pink tree there! :lmao:

Love Christmas Tree Shops.... thankfully the nearest one to me is nearly an hour away....otherwise I would definitely get into trouble!!

When I was in Memphis this summer, I actually made sure to go to a diner and get an Elvis =P And of course I have had Fluffernutters!! I'm actually not a big Fluff fan. I did make a 9 combo sandwich one time - which, for those of you who don't know, is peanut butter, cookie butter, and nutella on one side, and then honey, strawberry jam, and fluff on the other side. Let me tell you, it makes for one HELL of a sandwich. You can see it here:

http://cheezburger.com/7667768832

DO NOT ATTEMPT!!! :rotfl:

I'm not even gonna go LOOOK at that!! Sounds far too tempting!

Hmm... This is a tough one!

1. A routine. If I don't have a plan for the week/month, I won't do anything.
2. Water - and lots of it!
3. A support system. That's usually where I fail, because I've grown to not tell my friends if I'm trying to lose weight because when I fall off the bandwagon, they, without trying to, make me feel worse about it. I'm hoping DIS will help with that, this time around. :)
4. A strong sports bra. My ladies need all the support they can get when I'm doing jumping jacks! :rotfl2:
5. Easy snacks/meals. I try and make sure there is always something quick, ready to go, so that if I'm feeling lazy, its not an excuse to order in something greasy (and delicious).

Wonderful practical list!!

Well, after all that bragging about how I've been sleeping so great this week, the temperature drop made my heater freak out last night and I got very little sleep. It was FREEZING!!! :sad:

Between the shuffling of the 10 blankets on my bed, and the people in the hallways calling the super at 3am to fix the heat, I got about 2 hours of sleep. My morning workout did not happen lol But, it is going up to the 20s tonight! Hooray!! :cool1: So, I'm hoping to get a workout in after work before dinner.

Sorry you were cold last night... that must have been miserable!!

Happy Wednesday, everyone! Today is actually National Male Watcher's Day. No, I'm 100% serious. I have one of those calendars that tells you about the weird holidays in America. Today is especially strange. Google it if you don't believe me! It is also Bubble Bath Day - so go take one and relax!

:woohoo:

I love knowing about silly holidays like that! Where does one buy that calendar??? Or what should I google?

Happy Wednesday all!! After dropping DS at school and running some stuff to the transfer station, I hit the Market Basket to the tune of $305 !!!:crazy2: YOWZA! That being said, about $40 was stuff for the Robotics team dinner that I am scheduled to make this weekend.... plus I bought some supplies to do a cooking day today.... double batch of split pea soup is already going, next up I'll make a triple batch of meatloaf, a double batch of butternut squash soup, and prep the veggie for a beef stew for Friday night.

Off to chop, dice, mix, stir, etc!! TTYL......................P

Hope everyone is having a great Wednesday. I am having a biopsy done this afternoon. Boo. Hopefully it won't hurt too much afterwards. And I find out if I have to have an endometrial biopsy. Fun times at my house.;) At least it is warming up a little bit.:cool1:

I hope it goes well! I will be thinking of you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter