WISH Away the Pounds -- Fantastic February Challenge -- Everyone Welcome!

Discussion in 'W.I.S.H' started by lisah0711, Jan 30, 2013.

1. The Mystery Machine

The Mystery Machine Sunrise at my house. :+)

Thanks for the info and happy to hear you are doing better!!!! Pain stinks!

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. araes2102

araes2102 Mouseketeer

Good job :thumbsup2

Aww, so sweet, you inspire me to have spend some quality time with my kiddos too :goodvibes

Good answer! I totally agree about Pamela... wish I knew Dr.Girlfriend and could be inspired by her success!

What is the towl stretch? Can I google it? I have had issues with PF in the past and hope to avoid it in the future but my legs do get tight at times... And I would be very interested in hearing about not heel striking too, I hope to start running later this year :)

This made me :lmao: sounds JUST like my 6 yr old! Her teacher and and after school care provider each have stories about her almost everyday! Her teacher said she was going to start keeping a journal of all the things she says and does!

And good luck avoiding the call of the samoas... my FAV!

Had a pretty good day :) We had awesome weather and got in 3 workouts! 45 mins on the crosstrainer this am, another 25 mins of strength while my son did his GTS class at the Y this afternoon, and then another 35 mins strength while watching my DVR'd Biggest Loser this evening! :woohoo: Felt great! Did good with my eating too so I am double happy :woohoo: Now here's to a great day tomorrow too (though I doubt I will have time to get to the Y...)

4. lisah0711

lisah0711 <font color=red>♥ <font color=royalblue>her Disney

How is everyone doing on the minichallenge lists? It takes awhile to come up with a 100 things. Don't make it more complicated than it has to be, the idea is to think of something that might help you avoid eating when perhaps you are eating for a reason besides hunger or at least pause before you eat something that you shouldn't. :goodvibes

1. Figure out the points of what you are thinking about eating.
    2. Read a magazine.
    3. Look at Pinterest for a new recipe.
    4. Load/unload the dishwasher.
    5. Take a walk around the block.

It is sticks around today, maybe you had a whoosh! Good luck! :goodvibes

Shoo, Old Man Winter! Shoo! Shoo! :sunny:

My over 40 role model is a real WISHer, too, Wendy. Her user name is on the Disboards escapes me now. I met her for the first time at the TinkerBell in 2012. She had done 30 half marathons in 30 states in 301 days and the TinkerBell Half was her last race of that series. Wendy has a great attitude, too, she is always having the time of her life, dresses up for all the races and even when she is having a bad run she is enjoying herself. :love:

After growing up in CA I'm not fond of la-la land and the whole Hollywood scene -- that is not reality IMHO. Although I do think Jane Fonda looks great for a 75 year old broad. ;)

So glad that you have someone to help you with that nasty PF now! :flower3:

Congratulations on starting the Shred again! :cool1: And pixiedust: that you can catch up on work quickly.

Enjoy that nice weather! :beach:

I'm sure you found her at just the right time of your life. :hippie:

Woo hoo! :woohoo:

Oops! Time to go to the gym. Be back later with the rest of the replies! :wave2:

5. PlutoBaby

PlutoBaby Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Just reading about everybody's ailments is making me start to feel sore too!:scared: I haven't had the PF, piriformis, back issues, but believe me, my knees always have me worried. I always believe in finishing strong, but at the end of last year's Wine and Dine, my knee felt so unstable, I thought if I sprinted, I would fall on my face :guilty:. So I just slowed down and made it across, and that's all that mattered. ::yes:: You get that race bling either way!:cool1: One tip I have been taking advantage of after the last few longer runs, is a bath as cold as I can stand right after :crazy2:. I know many of you are living in frozen tundras right now, and sitting in cold water isn't high on the list of priorities, but the lack of pain and soreness the next day has been priceless! :thumbsup2 I don't know if it will help any of you, but you might want to give it a shot.:confused3

6. Rose&Mike

Rose&Mike DIS Veteran

****UPDATE****
    I am scheduled to host WATP in April, and I am going to step down at this time while there is plenty of time to find a replacement. Just wanted to throw it out there early. Thank you so much to everyone who hosts the monthly threads.:goodvibes

7. araes2102

araes2102 Mouseketeer

what exactly is required of the host? I might be able to do it...

8. 50sjayne

50sjayne DIS Veteran

It's mostly just reading the boards and keeping up with responses. You can do quotd's, and it's kind of a good thing to do as it keeps you on track too.

quotd 2/27--Wed.

Was watching Dr. Oz last night and found out you didn't need to stretch before exercise. I had read some research on this but didn't really trust it until Jillian told me so lol. It actually affects your strength. So that will actually save me some time lol.

Getting back:

Name one diet related thing you have found out to not be true.

9. princessbride6205

princessbride6205 DIS Veteran

I have returned from the couch! :upsidedow
    I was not as successful as I had hoped in exercising and good eating choices in the weeks following my knee surgery. But now it's time to get back on the proverbial horse (or recumbent bike, as it were)! I've been to a few yoga classes and one elliptical workout in the last week or so.

The other big stress has been switching my daughter's school. I was really torn about leaving her school, but she was miserable and I was done with the behavior problems of the other students. We tried an urban school for its diversity and unique program (foreign language), but it just wasn't the right fit for DD. Imagine having your day be in a foreign language, and yet you are still bored from lack of challenge. After much doubt, disappointment, and research, we decided to switch. In MN, we can do "open enrollment" into other public school districts that have room. I can't believe our luck with this one! I almost cried when I got the notification that there was a spot. A lot of pixie dust! The school is stellar both on paper and in the classroom, plus it's only 15 minutes max from our house. Today was her first day!

10. araes2102

araes2102 Mouseketeer

Glad you are doing better after surgery! Good to be up moving huh?

I open enrolled my kids in another school rather than our "home school" too. Our home schools were ok, but this one is much better! And it is a k-8 school so they can attend the same school, much easier for us :) Plus the attendance boundary is literally across the street from our house so not even a long commute. Happy you got into the school you wanted :)

11. Rose&Mike

Rose&Mike DIS Veteran

The person who hosts for the month is responsible for collecting and updating weights and basically maintaining the thread. The weights are tracked in excel. They can also recruit coaches for each week who are then responsible for the qotd. Basically the host for the month makes sure everything is running smoothly, answers questions, and deals with the book keeping. They post the thread for the month they are hosting and update percentage lost each week.:goodvibes

12. araes2102

araes2102 Mouseketeer

Oops double post, see below

13. araes2102

araes2102 Mouseketeer

I could do this... Coaching would be difficult because work does not always let me keep up with daily posting but I can track weights and update weekly :goodvibes

My Bodymedia Link armband came today! I am super stoked to start using it! Charging as we speak (um type?) Yay for me!

14. NightAngelX

NightAngelX Would rather be at WDW

Hi all! Just wanted to pop in to share the strawberries I bought the other day. Aren't they awesome???

[​IMG]

Very DIS WISH AND healthy!!

Everyone enjoy a strawberry!!! :flower3:

15. 50sjayne

50sjayne DIS Veteran

Ooh--I'd want to track down one of those boxes.

So weigh in is tomorrow right?

I spent a 1/2 hour in the sauna today hoping to get rid of period bloat but it's never worked before...lol.

16. lisah0711

Welcome to the exciting last day of the Fantastic February WATP Challenge! :cool2:

Congratulations you all made it through the whole challenge! :cool1:

Please PM your final weigh in number to me today. I will be updating the colors tomorrow morning and after that Pamela will be hosting the March challenge. We have to have a final cutoff to ensure a smooth transition. If you are going to use your final February number as your first weigh in number simply include Pamela in the PM. As always those dates and numbers in the subject line help me -- i.e. "Weigh in 2/28 150"

It's been a pleasure being your hostess this month. Thank you to all of our coaches this month! :flower3:

17. Flossbolna

Flossbolna Sea days are just so relaxing!

Good Morning everyone! I hope you all had a great last day of the month weigh in. I did not. I only lost 2.5 pounds over the course of the month. Not happy, but I guess I have to live with it. And at least I am lighter than at the start of the month. I can also really feel it with my clothes that fit much better than they did two months ago. I just hoped to be able to have faster progress.

Had a great workout with my DVD yesterday. Felt so great that I decided to restart level 2 today already as I think I did not lose nearly as much strength as I thought I would. So I need something more challenging. And level 2 is quite challenging! :scared:

Looking forward to the new month and a new beginning tomorrow!!

18. lisah0711

That is a good reminder about the cool water after running, Kim. :goodvibes Jeff Galloway says it doesn't really have to be that cold -- just about 10 degrees lower than your body temperature. Still right now that doesn't sound too good. ;)

Muscle does not weigh more than fat! A pound of muscle and a pound of fat each weigh a pound. Fat has more volume than muscle, as illustrated by this picture that makes us all go "ewwww!"

[​IMG]

Glad that your surgery went well! And hope that your DD loves her new school. :flower3:

Thanks for volunteering to hostess April! :thanks: How exciting you get to use your Bodymedia Link today! I'm coming to like my ActiveLink but we sometimes have a stormy relationship. :rotfl:

Yum! :teeth:

Hope it worked! :thumbsup2

Glad that you are feeling better! :flower3:

This leaving to go to the gym at 4:30 a.m. is a little tough but it is so, so nice when I hit my activity goal by noon. ::yes::

Have a great day all!

19. The Mystery Machine

The Mystery Machine Sunrise at my house. :+)

Good Morning Wishers!!! :cool1:

Well, last day of the month. I want to extend many thanks to all of you for your stories, help, and encouragement. A special thanks to lisah0711 for hosting this month!!!!!!!!

I made my goal weight. Now can I do it next month? That has me scared because I have not been below this weight in 5 yrs.:scared::scared::scared:

I am going to go for it though. However not sure if I should strive for a pound a week?

Hmmmm...what to do. Have to think on it.
    ________

For those interested in my foot saga, I will recount the details of my physical therapy yesterday.;)

I got there and then they put my feet in a whirlpool tub, which was heaven. After that he did "cold laser" on my left foot arch with PF. He then did my toes mainly focusing under the ball of my big toe on the right foot. He explained the cold laser REPAIRS damaged tissue. (How I have no idea, must look that up.)

Then he did some "ultrasound thing" on my feet.

He was not sure about the PF diagnosis on the right foot. He thinks it could be something else.

Next week, I am going to get reflexology on my feet first and then PT right after. He is a reflexologist and assures me that he can loosen my tendons with his techniques. He explained that he does the calves + feet. Basically does below the knee.

So that is it so far. So far things feel the same. Oh and bad news is NO exercising that causes me pain in the foot or puts stress on the feet. I am going to have to find some exercises that do that. Swimming, cycling, etc. However I do not belong to a gym so that is a little difficult.

Maybe Pilates?:confused3

20. PlutoBaby

PlutoBaby Treat stress like a dog;pee on it and walk away.

Good morning everyone!:wave2: I had login issues with the DIS yesterday :confused3 so I don't know if the March thread has been started yet. Anyone know? Thanks!:flower3:

21. pjlla

pjlla DIS Veteran

Good morning all! The March challenge is up and ready for us to begin! I'm going to go clean out my PM box (yet another chore for today :rotfl:) and be ready for the messages to start rolling in!

Off to read and reply!.............P