• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

WISH Away the Pounds -- Fantastic February Challenge -- Everyone Welcome!

To answer the QOTD?

Nope, I do not have any rewards planned, except buying clothes & a swim suit among other things.

I think I am going to get some YOGA pants and ditch the sweats this week. I am due.;)

I hadn't thought of any rewards until yesterday.
I was running Grace in an agility trial, and as usual, there was a dog sports photographer there. He captured a picture of me and Grace running together. When I saw the picture, I had the momentary thought, "Oh my gosh--I really HAVE lost weight." Prior to that, I never saw the woman in the mirror as looking any different, even though I have lost precisely 25% of my starting weight.

I even thought, for a nanosecond, that I looked almost normal. Plus, the pic was cool: both of us were looking at precisely the same spot on the dog walk, showing the bond and teamwork between us. So, even though the digital image and the rights to it was $25, I thought, "I am going to buy this as a reward for my work." It was worth every penny. I don't have another reward in mind.

For the where would I go if $$ was no object--

I'd take a first class flight to Australia and then embark upon a world cruise (in a top notch cabin, naturally!) LOL

The percentages and colors in post #3 have been updated with all PMs received through yesterday. Check out the pretty colors! :rainbow: We are very colorful considering it is the first week. Keep up the good work! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

The next update will be Monday, February 18th and include all PMs received by Sunday, February 17th. :cool2:

The percentages and colors in post #3 have been updated with all PMs received through yesterday. Check out the pretty colors! :rainbow: We are very colorful considering it is the first week. Keep up the good work! :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

The next update will be Monday, February 18th and include all PMs received by Sunday, February 17th. :cool2:

Thanks Lisa for being the hostess! :)

Hope everyone is doing well.
I started physical therapy this morning. I am able to keep doing my mile a day and light exercise as long as I don't over do it or increase distance. So that's a relief. I feel pretty positive about it.

I walked my mile (rather than run) on Saturday since my back was hurting pretty good, but I am considering that 'good enough.' :)

My eating was horrid last week. Dealing with the thought of yet another injury and another trip to p-t was making me pretty cranky. But I know that I have an awesome life, and in the big scheme of things this is all very insignificant.

Hoping to be back on track this week and a better participant. :)

I started physical therapy this morning. I am able to keep doing my mile a day and light exercise as long as I don't over do it or increase distance. So that's a relief. I feel pretty positive about it.

I walked my mile (rather than run) on Saturday since my back was hurting pretty good, but I am considering that 'good enough.' :)

My eating was horrid last week. Dealing with the thought of yet another injury and another trip to p-t was making me pretty cranky. But I know that I have an awesome life, and in the big scheme of things this is all very insignificant.

^ You are my hero! I got back on track today with the eating, even though exercise is pretty much a no-go for me right now.

My rewards are more of a when I get to this weight I will pull this or that out of my closet and wear it or I will use that fabric to make something for myself.

^ You are my hero! I got back on track today with the eating, even though exercise is pretty much a no-go for me right now.
That is so sweet of you to say. :hug: I have been so cranky and I am not dealing with anything remotely close to what you are. But I think the chronic injuries just wear you down after awhile. I know though that most things are fixable, so I am keeping that in mind. I am so glad you are back on track with the eating. I have Tom's college graduation coming up in May so I am using that as a motivator. :goodvibes

QOTD: Do you plan rewards for yourself for reaching certain goals in your weight loss journey and will there be a reward for reaching your goal (besides being healthier, thinner and having accomplished your goal :goodvibes)?

Yes! I plan to go to Disney World! :yay: Granted i won't be a 'healthy' weight but I won't be obese anymore. When I was 170 I wore a size 8 and looked great (looking back) at the time I wasn't happy because I wasn't a 'healthy' weight and still saw myself as fat in the mirror. So I am hoping I will be happy this time around. 160s-170s is when I think I looked and felt my best I just picked 170 because it was an even 50 lb loss from my start in December. So I might do another goal of 160 after my 170 goal but not below that unless it just naturally comes off.

DH and I decided on Disney gift cards for each 10 lb loss during our journey then use half of it towards the trip payment or for food on trip (haven't decided if we'll do meal plan again or not) and half for souvenirs! :D

Today I did great! I am only at 1250 calories and I'm full. I have a 1700 calorie allotment. I also walked my dog and did my morning exercises so all in all a very successful day! :woohoo:

Sitting here absolutely stuffed after having 2 weetabix with fat free cherry yoghurt, banana and blueberries for breakfast. Lunch is a bowl of homemade veg soup with crackers and 3 BabyBel light cheeses, followed by some grapes.

Evening meal will be homemade meatballs in tomato sauce with pasta and parmesan. All within allowances on my diet plan....in fact I have to keep checking to make sure that I am following the plan as it sometimes seems too good to be true!!

The weather here is truly gruesome today, cold, windy and drizzling horribly. I was hoping to make it our for a brisk walk, but with the drizzle the way it is at the moment, I'll be soaked to the skin before getting down the front path!!. Might have to utilise some weights indoors this afternoon instead. I#ve written just over 2000 words of my 12000 assignment this morning, so happy with progress there, need something to keep me occupied this afternoon though......might get the sewing machine out as I have a couple of pairs of trousers that need taking up.

Happy Mardi Gras everyone!!

Today is half a work day for me as Germany is celebrating Fat Tuesday. Some areas here are really big on carnival, my area not so much. But still my employer gives us all the afternoon off!

I think I will go and pick up a jam filled donut later on as this is the typical carnival food here. They are filled with rose hip jelly and they are delicious. I have not eaten any yet this season, but worked one into my eating plan for today!!

Otherwise I seem to start struggling with my 30 day shred. Have completed 8 days so far and just am at a point where I just feel so tired and exhausted from it. The strange thing is that doing the exercises I can feel that I have become much better at doing them. Maybe I am just battling some viruses that go around the office so and the tiredness is not at all related to the training? :confused3

Anyway, I want to get the question of the day up before too much of the day has past for all of you in the States. I promise that I will make use of the spare time this afternoon to finally get replies done!! Did not get around to them yesterday as I spent a wonderful evening with a friend at the public swimming pool which features a fantastic "sauna landscale", all kinds of different saunas, steam rooms, fancy showers etc. It was so relaxing that we stayed longer than expected and I just fell into bed when I got home. :cloud9:

QOTD:
What is your favourite fruit? Do you eat it just as it is or do you prepare it in any way?

QOTD:
What is your favourite fruit? Do you eat it just as it is or do you prepare it in any way?

And a big Happy Fat Tuesday to you across the pond! :wave2: The afternoon off??!! :scared1: I'm SO jealous! We're lucky to just get the holidays off we do in my office!:mad:

QOTD: Since I'm the world's pickiest eater, and not a big fan of fruit, I'd have to go with cantalope. I'm trying to make a point of eating either a piece of fruit or a veggie every time I eat a meal or a snack. Cantalope seems to be the perfect taste to wake me up in the morning.:coffee:

Here's a couple of pictures of my street 2 days after the blizzard. It looks so beautiful!!........Now Melt!

Melinda, that was one heck of a storm! Glad that you are all safe! :goodvibes

I too, totally blew it today. Sure, I did two hours of activity in the morning, but it left me ravenous all day, to the point where I went over by 9 points (this is coming from a girl who rarely uses all her points in a day). This was my second weekend on the plan, and I just broke down completely.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be better when I'm back on a scheduled plan.

That's what those extra weekly points are for -- to help with days like that. Sounds like you stayed on plan to me. :thumbsup2

QOTD: I've always wanted to walk across south america. See the pink dolphins and zipline through the cloud forest. Saddly it takes roughly six months to do, so though it's a relativly inexpensive trip, I'm never going to get that much time off.

That sounds so fun and exotic! :cool2:

Mary•Poppins;47467645 said:
HI to everyone. Sorry I haven't been around a bit. I am in the middle of the musical program and it consumes all of my free time. I have 2 to 3 more weeks of it ... then I will be done forever!!! :goodvibes As much as I love volunteering for my children, this job is just too much for me. I have told everyone this is my last year (I have done it for 4 years) ... so I hope they find someone to take it over!

Keep on losing everyone!!!! :)

How nice you are to take all that extra time for the kids, Fran. :flower3: It sounds like it is time for someone else to step up for sure. ::yes::

QOTD: Do you plan rewards for yourself for reaching certain goals in your weight loss journey and will there be a reward for reaching your goal (besides being healthier, thinner and having accomplished your goal :goodvibes)?

Glad that you had a nice week-end and enjoy your afternoon off today! :flower3:

I don't have any set rewards per se. Happily I am at that stage in my life where I don't need "stuff" -- well, except for running stuff . . . you can't have too much of that! ;) I would rather have a book on my Kindle or get a Disney gift card to use for my trip this summer. I do like my WW stickers though so I should probably think about this a little. Great question! :goodvibes

Good Morning Wishers!!!

Hey can I resend my weight? Jumped on the scale this morning with clothes and was down.:) (just kidding of course)

I got a lot done over the weekend. I am in "spring cleaning" mode. I have blankets, comforters, and sheets to wash today.

I had to cut back on the stretching, yes stretching. :headache: My foot hurt all weekend which is not a good sign I think? I am going to pare down the time on my stretches and then ICE it after to see if that helps.

Nothing like a weigh in to provoke a "whoosh" the next day! :lmao: Hope that your foot is feeling better soon. Do you wear shoes all the time? I developed a very bad case of plantar fasciitis from using the Wii without shoes. I still struggle with it from time to time so nip that foot pain in the bud. :flower3:

Good morning everyone!!

Hmm, this is a good question. I haven't actually set any rewards yet. One of my goals is to run a Disney race (probably a half marathon), so I think I will make my ultimate reward a mini trip to Disney for just me and DH... maybe the Wine and Dine half. We've never been anywhere without the kids and it would probably be even more difficult to go to DISNEY without the kids, but if would be really nice to have 4-5 days just with DH.

You'd be surprised at how quickly you could manage to "adjust" to an adult vacation. :cool2:

Good morning everyone!:wave2: I was out of the DIS loop this weekend as I had family visiting from out of town and ran my February 5k on Sunday. Dropped my mile time by 10 seconds! Yay!!!:cool1:

Congrats on your PR, Kim! :yay:

I have a vacation to Disneyland in the works. If I'm down just 17 more pounds by the end of May, I won't cancel it. I couldn't pass up the $195 round-trip tickets.

Once I meet my goal... I dunno...

It's never too early to start planning your NEXT Disney trip! :smickey:

Happy Monday friends! Sorry I didn't get a chance to pop on over the last few days! Life has been both relaxing (snow days) and busy (exciting swim meets).

Glad that everyone is busy and happy at your house, Pamela. :goodvibes

So, I am on annual leave from work this week, and DH is at work...lots of 'ME' time!!

Good luck on your assignment and enjoy that me time! :flower3:

BRB in trouble with the smilie police again! :teeth:

I hadn't thought of any rewards until yesterday.
I was running Grace in an agility trial, and as usual, there was a dog sports photographer there. He captured a picture of me and Grace running together. When I saw the picture, I had the momentary thought, "Oh my gosh--I really HAVE lost weight." Prior to that, I never saw the woman in the mirror as looking any different, even though I have lost precisely 25% of my starting weight.

I even thought, for a nanosecond, that I looked almost normal. Plus, the pic was cool: both of us were looking at precisely the same spot on the dog walk, showing the bond and teamwork between us. So, even though the digital image and the rights to it was $25, I thought, "I am going to buy this as a reward for my work." It was worth every penny. I don't have another reward in mind.

For the where would I go if $$ was no object--

I'd take a first class flight to Australia and then embark upon a world cruise (in a top notch cabin, naturally!) LOL

The picture of you and Grace is a perfect reward! :love: And I'm sure you look better than you think you do.

Sorry about the PT, Rose. :hug: I know it is not your favorite place. I hope they can help you feel better very soon and get you out of there lickety-split. :flower3:

You are my hero! I got back on track today with the eating, even though exercise is pretty much a no-go for me right now.

Good job getting back on track eating, Dagny. :thumbsup2 Hope they let you ditch the boot soon.

My rewards are more of a when I get to this weight I will pull this or that out of my closet and wear it or I will use that fabric to make something for myself.

Nice reward and it doesn't cost you anything! ::yes::

Yes! I plan to go to Disney World! :yay: Granted i won't be a 'healthy' weight but I won't be obese anymore. When I was 170 I wore a size 8 and looked great (looking back) at the time I wasn't happy because I wasn't a 'healthy' weight and still saw myself as fat in the mirror. So I am hoping I will be happy this time around. 160s-170s is when I think I looked and felt my best I just picked 170 because it was an even 50 lb loss from my start in December. So I might do another goal of 160 after my 170 goal but not below that unless it just naturally comes off.

DH and I decided on Disney gift cards for each 10 lb loss during our journey then use half of it towards the trip payment or for food on trip (haven't decided if we'll do meal plan again or not) and half for souvenirs! :D

Today I did great! I am only at 1250 calories and I'm full. I have a 1700 calorie allotment. I also walked my dog and did my morning exercises so all in all a very successful day! :woohoo:

Sounds like a great start! :thumbsup2

Today is half a work day for me as Germany is celebrating Fat Tuesday. Some areas here are really big on carnival, my area not so much. But still my employer gives us all the afternoon off!

I think I will go and pick up a jam filled donut later on as this is the typical carnival food here. They are filled with rose hip jelly and they are delicious. I have not eaten any yet this season, but worked one into my eating plan for today!!

Otherwise I seem to start struggling with my 30 day shred. Have completed 8 days so far and just am at a point where I just feel so tired and exhausted from it. The strange thing is that doing the exercises I can feel that I have become much better at doing them. Maybe I am just battling some viruses that go around the office so and the tiredness is not at all related to the training? :confused3

Anyway, I want to get the question of the day up before too much of the day has past for all of you in the States. I promise that I will make use of the spare time this afternoon to finally get replies done!! Did not get around to them yesterday as I spent a wonderful evening with a friend at the public swimming pool which features a fantastic "sauna landscale", all kinds of different saunas, steam rooms, fancy showers etc. It was so relaxing that we stayed longer than expected and I just fell into bed when I got home. :cloud9:

QOTD:

Oh, the Shred is a tough workout so don't feel back if you have to redo a week or a level. :flower3: Congratulations for sticking with it! I myself have never advanced beyond level 1 so you are way ahead of me. ;)

My favorite fruit is strawberries. Not just any strawberries but those yummy, delicious California strawberries like what I grew up with. I love them cut up with just a bit of sugar . . . yes, real sugar! :cool2: Yum! They will be in season soon. :love:

Have a great day all!

What did the doctor finally say about your back? I assume if you are in PT and allowed to do light exercise that it isn't a disc problem.

Fingers crossed that the PT will help heal things once and for all!

My DSIL is of German decent (Pennsylvania Dutch to be exact)so they celebrate today with Faustnaughts! Are you familiar with them? They are potato doughnuts. SO glad I don't live near that!

Maybe you are just bored with it? Try something new for a day or two and then go back to it.

That really sounds like fun!

QOTD:

I love most produce.... hard to pick a favorite, but I'd say top two are apples fresh from the tree in September and October and big fat fresh organic blueberries, warm from the sun, fresh from my Dad's bushes! Eating them straight off the plant is best!

QOTD: Since I'm the world's pickiest eater, and not a big fan of fruit, I'd have to go with cantalope. I'm trying to make a point of eating either a piece of fruit or a veggie every time I eat a meal or a snack. Cantalope seems to be the perfect taste to wake me up in the morning.:coffee:

Such a good-for-you fruit too!

I don't have any set rewards per se. Happily I am at that stage in my life where I don't need "stuff" -- well, except for running stuff . . . you can't have too much of that! ;) I would rather have a book on my Kindle or get a Disney gift card to use for my trip this summer. I do like my WW stickers though so I should probably think about this a little. Great question! :goodvibes

I've been secretly stashing away Disney gift cards in preparation for a graduation Mother/Daughter trip that may not happen now. Do you think that the roofing company would take my gift cards as payment??:confused3

My favorite fruit is strawberries. Not just any strawberries but those yummy, delicious California strawberries like what I grew up with. I love them cut up with just a bit of sugar . . . yes, real sugar! :cool2: Yum! They will be in season soon. :love:

Have a great day all!

We've actually had some good luck with strawberries and blueberries already this season. I hate to think about how far the have been trucked and what they are sprayed with (no organic available yet), but DH and DD really love them, so I buy them. I imagine being so close to CA you must be able to get them all the time.

Happy Tuesday friends! I wasn't even aware of the fact that it was Fat Tuesday until it was mentioned here! I was all set to drop the kids off, hit the gym, and then a quick shower and a dash to Bible study.... until DS woke up complaining about earaches. So quick change of plans and I will hit the TM here in a few minutes, skip Bible study, and take DS to the doctor to get that checked out. oh well.

I took the entire weekend off from the TM and noticed how much better my neck felt yesterday. Then I did incline work for an hour on the TM at the Y last night and BANGO.... neck pain and slight headache again. Obviously this is something I really need to work on. And of course, I didn't get a good stretch afterwards because this Y doesn't really have a good spot for stretching.:headache: Meant to at least stretch when I got home, even though it would be 2 hours after the fact, but by the time I got home, I forgot about it.

I won't have ANY exercise time if I don't get moving right now. Doctor's appointment for DS is at 11:15 and it is a 40 minutes drive to the office. I will exercise and hit the shower FAST and hard afterwards.

TTYL............P

QOTD:

We have Paczki's here, I can buy them in the grocery store. I should go get some for the kids today. They were asking me what Fat Tuesday was, boy is that harder to explain than I thought.

QOTD:
I like purple grapes, pineapple, MacIntosh apples, bananas (must be really ripe though), strawberries, and cantaloupe.
No specific way to prepare them, I just eat them as is.

I do not however like fruit salad. I can't have my fruit flavors mixing.

QOTD:

Well, I think my favourite fruit is the strawberry. So versatile, fresh, frozen & cooked. In my early teens to late 20's I was alergic to them (gutted) and broke out in big red itchy blotches if I ate so much as one. Happily, in my late 30's I tried them again, and have had no side effects since.

I love them straight out of the punnet, in salads with black pepper (yes it does work, really!), in pies (particularly good with either rhubarb or apple) and finally, you really can't beat a really good strawberry jam (jelly to you guys!)

On the subject of holidays, I think in Europe we are so much better off for paid holidays than our American cousins. I think my situation is probably extreme, but I work a 37.5 hour week (considered 'full time' in the UK) and get 33 days paid holiday as I've worked for the same employer for over 10 years, plus 8 public holidays. Also have flexible working where I only work 9 days in every 2 weeks, taking a Friday off - still put the total hours in just over 9 days not 10. That's why it's relatively easy for us to go to Disney for 2 or 3 weeks at a time.

I like grapes and cantaloupe and Crenshaw melon.

Today is a bad day, emotion wise. I've been drinking a lot of water and pretending it is sweet tea vodka. I hope I can get out of this funk soon. My coworkers don't know about my bipolar depression swings.

I watched Fantasia 2000 and Fantasia tonight...sorta. I was playing an online game while I watched. When I was little I didn't like fantasia because it was so long and boring in my opinion. But now that I am older I enjoy it more but I can't just sit there and watch it non-stop. I have to be doing something else or I fall asleep, but not in a bad way..in a peaceful sleep kind of way. Love the music regardless.

Every year I put these on and wrap presents for xmas.

quotd's--
Place-- Greece
slow eater
Goal--
Now there was a good one for me I have short term goals, the weekly movie if I lose 1 pound or more. I looked up St. Patty's day, it's about a month away, I'd like to lose about 5 more pounds by then. Then the reward will just be not being as camera shy and looking good in my green clothes lol. I found a green sweater at goodwill a few days ago--just a quick stop on the way back from the doctor--a pretty 100% merino wool sweater that is a medium. It looks pretty good already on I have to admit-- but it could look better...plus I'd love to find some green jeans that I fit into-- that would be fun. I saw some at goodwill but they were 10 which I haven't seen in awhile. I'd be happy if I could just fit into my 12's comfortably-- the ones I put away. Most 14's don't fit me right now but a lot of 12's are too tight.
Fruit-- pineapple. Wish they weren't such a pain to cut.

Been reading a little here and there trying to keep up, I read everything on here and find everything completely interesting-- I don't always have time to respond though. Came down with a UTI over the weekend, didn't really notice until the second day in because all the going to the bathroom stuff I thought was just related to being done with my period and the drainage that occurs after. Had my usual arsenal, cranberry pills, (which I take daily)
garlic, vitamin c, acv, drank tons of water and did make an appointment saturday for the after hours clinic on sunday. So Sat night was looking online for ways to deal with the pain and found out about baking soda. It was miraculous--really helped and I was able to sleep through the night and work the next day. kept taking that-- one tsp. with a glass of cranberry juice and by the time my appointment rolled around I didn't really feel like I needed it but did anyway--I've "improved" before and then relapsed so I got the meds. Doing better today although that area is still pretty sore feeling.
My friend is back Sundays and mondays so that is good! I saw his car in the parking lot when I got there sunday and almost cried-- the duration of days that I don't see him won't be as bad even if it's just one more day.
I made a killer omelet scrambled egg thingy today--smoked salmon, fat free cheese and not fat free cheddar, mushrooms, red peppers, sun dried tomatoes and onion, some cilantro, and Johnny's seasoning.
Going to make stirfry tonight and we're finally going to see Lincoln. Couldn't see it Sat because I was peeing every 5 minutes...:furious:
I'm up a pound so far this week, but the rest of the week I'm gonna kill it now that I'm doing better and on the meds. Speaking of which I better go take the stupid thing and put the leftover egg away. I'll probably eat that for breakfast the next 2-3 days.

Day 9 completed! After complaining this morning how tired I felt, when it was evening I felt fit and was really keen on doing my exercise routine! Just one more day on level 1 and then I move on to level 2. Am a bit scared about the horrors that will wait for me there!!! :scared::lmao: Actually, I was impressed how much progress I have made in only 9 days. I am able to get through the whole set of sit ups now in the girly version so I think I will try tomorrow to take the advanced version. Also, the sit ups while still challenging are no longer as dreadful as they were. Just one arm exercise I still don't have any power in my arms for.

So, using the exercise energy boost to finally get to the replies. I am trying to do them in reverse order.

quotd's--
Place-- Greece
slow eater
Goal--
Now there was a good one for me I have short term goals, the weekly movie if I lose 1 pound or more. I looked up St. Patty's day, it's about a month away, I'd like to lose about 5 more pounds by then. Then the reward will just be not being as camera shy and looking good in my green clothes lol. I found a green sweater at goodwill a few days ago--just a quick stop on the way back from the doctor--a pretty 100% merino wool sweater that is a medium. It looks pretty good already on I have to admit-- but it could look better...plus I'd love to find some green jeans that I fit into-- that would be fun. I saw some at goodwill but they were 10 which I haven't seen in awhile. I'd be happy if I could just fit into my 12's comfortably-- the ones I put away. Most 14's don't fit me right now but a lot of 12's are too tight.
Fruit-- pineapple. Wish they weren't such a pain to cut.

Been reading a little here and there trying to keep up, I read everything on here and find everything completely interesting-- I don't always have time to respond though. Came down with a UTI over the weekend, didn't really notice until the second day in because all the going to the bathroom stuff I thought was just related to being done with my period and the drainage that occurs after. Had my usual arsenal, cranberry pills, (which I take daily)
garlic, vitamin c, acv, drank tons of water and did make an appointment saturday for the after hours clinic on sunday. So Sat night was looking online for ways to deal with the pain and found out about baking soda. It was miraculous--really helped and I was able to sleep through the night and work the next day. kept taking that-- one tsp. with a glass of cranberry juice and by the time my appointment rolled around I didn't really feel like I needed it but did anyway--I've "improved" before and then relapsed so I got the meds. Doing better today although that area is still pretty sore feeling.
My friend is back Sundays and mondays so that is good! I saw his car in the parking lot when I got there sunday and almost cried-- the duration of days that I don't see him won't be as bad even if it's just one more day.
I made a killer omelet scrambled egg thingy today--smoked salmon, fat free cheese and not fat free cheddar, mushrooms, red peppers, sun dried tomatoes and onion, some cilantro, and Johnny's seasoning.
Going to make stirfry tonight and we're finally going to see Lincoln. Couldn't see it Sat because I was peeing every 5 minutes...:furious:
I'm up a pound so far this week, but the rest of the week I'm gonna kill it now that I'm doing better and on the meds. Speaking of which I better go take the stupid thing and put the leftover egg away. I'll probably eat that for breakfast the next 2-3 days.

Your egg dish sounds delicious! I am not at all good at eating eggs, but bought a package of 6 eggs yesterday to use it in some cooking this week.

Hope your infection is healing well!

You were the one who inspired me to the QOTD since you mentioned your cinema rewards. I think it can be a great tool for motivation. Have you seen Lincoln yet? I saw it this weekend and absolutely loved it, what a fantastic film!

Pineapples are one of my favourite fruits as well and I have gotten quite a good system on how to get rid of their outer layer rather effectively. The problem is that I can eat a whole pineapple in one evening...

I like grapes and cantaloupe and Crenshaw melon.

Today is a bad day, emotion wise. I've been drinking a lot of water and pretending it is sweet tea vodka. I hope I can get out of this funk soon. My coworkers don't know about my bipolar depression swings.

:hug: Hope you are soon feeling better! I had to look up the Crenshaw melon, never heard of that type.

Well, I think my favourite fruit is the strawberry. So versatile, fresh, frozen & cooked. In my early teens to late 20's I was alergic to them (gutted) and broke out in big red itchy blotches if I ate so much as one. Happily, in my late 30's I tried them again, and have had no side effects since.

I love them straight out of the punnet, in salads with black pepper (yes it does work, really!), in pies (particularly good with either rhubarb or apple) and finally, you really can't beat a really good strawberry jam (jelly to you guys!)

On the subject of holidays, I think in Europe we are so much better off for paid holidays than our American cousins. I think my situation is probably extreme, but I work a 37.5 hour week (considered 'full time' in the UK) and get 33 days paid holiday as I've worked for the same employer for over 10 years, plus 8 public holidays. Also have flexible working where I only work 9 days in every 2 weeks, taking a Friday off - still put the total hours in just over 9 days not 10. That's why it's relatively easy for us to go to Disney for 2 or 3 weeks at a time.

Yes, it is similar here. I do get 30 days of paid leave, we do have 12 public holidays and in addition to that I do get Christmas Eve and New Years Eve off, which are only "half holidays", i.e. only work until lunch time and then also I get the afternoon off for Fat Tuesday. However, I have to work 41 hours a week (will be reduced to 40 this summer). In the whole European Union it is mandatory that everyone will at least get 4 full weeks of paid leave. And that does not include any sick days. I would love your 9 days in every two weeks though!!! Sounds great!

Strawberries are wonderful, too. So good that you could grow out of your allergy!

We have Paczki's here, I can buy them in the grocery store. I should go get some for the kids today. They were asking me what Fat Tuesday was, boy is that harder to explain than I thought.

QOTD:
I like purple grapes, pineapple, MacIntosh apples, bananas (must be really ripe though), strawberries, and cantaloupe.
No specific way to prepare them, I just eat them as is.

I do not however like fruit salad. I can't have my fruit flavors mixing.

I looked up paczkis on wikipedia and they seem to be the same as our German doughnuts. We call them Krapfen here in the South, in the West they are called "Berliner" (like someone from Berlin) and in Berlin they are called Pfannkuchen (i.e. pancakes). Very confusing, but I guess they are a typical central European food and Wikipedia says that paczkis are from Poland, so Central Europe, too!

I find it interesting that you specify that your bananas must be really ripe. It seems like most people like them either still very young or really ripe, I have met very few that like a banana in every degree of ripeness. :banana:

I love most produce.... hard to pick a favorite, but I'd say top two are apples fresh from the tree in September and October and big fat fresh organic blueberries, warm from the sun, fresh from my Dad's bushes! Eating them straight off the plant is best!

Happy Tuesday friends! I wasn't even aware of the fact that it was Fat Tuesday until it was mentioned here! I was all set to drop the kids off, hit the gym, and then a quick shower and a dash to Bible study.... until DS woke up complaining about earaches. So quick change of plans and I will hit the TM here in a few minutes, skip Bible study, and take DS to the doctor to get that checked out. oh well.

I took the entire weekend off from the TM and noticed how much better my neck felt yesterday. Then I did incline work for an hour on the TM at the Y last night and BANGO.... neck pain and slight headache again. Obviously this is something I really need to work on. And of course, I didn't get a good stretch afterwards because this Y doesn't really have a good spot for stretching.:headache: Meant to at least stretch when I got home, even though it would be 2 hours after the fact, but by the time I got home, I forgot about it.

I won't have ANY exercise time if I don't get moving right now. Doctor's appointment for DS is at 11:15 and it is a 40 minutes drive to the office. I will exercise and hit the shower FAST and hard afterwards.

TTYL............P

Sorry that your neck problems seem to be related to the treadmill. Have you considered trying new shoes? I always find it amazing how much shoes affect me when I am walking a lot. Maybe it is time to replace the old ones?

Freshly picked blueberries sound delicious. Unfortunately that is something one ought not eat in Europe - at least not those picked in the wild as they could be contaminated by some horrible type of tapeworm that can be carried by foxes. Those you can buy are safe as they make sure no fox comes close to them. And I love them when they are in season!

Oh, the Shred is a tough workout so don't feel back if you have to redo a week or a level. :flower3: Congratulations for sticking with it! I myself have never advanced beyond level 1 so you are way ahead of me. ;)

Have a great day all!

Oh, I am still on level 1, but I am impressed with myself that I am so consistent with keeping it up. But I really enjoy the workout and its structure. And it is over so quickly! There is one sentence where she says something about "instead of phoning it in for hours at the gym" and that's what I love about it. I hate the gym and am bored to death there.

WW stickers sound great! I like the idea that someone else is awarding you the reward, so there is even an additional satisfaction that someone is acknowledging your achievement!

And a big Happy Fat Tuesday to you across the pond! :wave2: The afternoon off??!! :scared1: I'm SO jealous! We're lucky to just get the holidays off we do in my office!:mad:

Sorry, I guess my chat with Eliza made you even more jealous... :scared::flower3:

I am a very picky eater, too, but not with fruit! I like nearly all fruit, however, melon isn't my favourite at all... :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter