WISH Away the Pounds *~*Fabulous February Challenge*~* Everyone Welcome <3

I love the QOTD! This is what I struggle with the most. I need to make sure I measure my food. I don't have a scale so I guess I better invest in one. I also love the tricks mentioned here about smaller plate and what portion of the plate should be made up of certain foods. I stuggle getting my fruits and veggies in so knowing that my plate should be made up of at least 1/2 with veggies (non starchy veggies) would certainly do the trick. So what exactly is considered starchy veggies? Is it just corn, potatoes, carrots?

Carrots (and beets) are NOT considered a starchy vegetable, but if you are diligently counting carbs you do need to be careful with them. Other starchy veggies include some winter squashes (some are higher in carbs than others like acorn), parsnips, sweet potatoes and yams, artichokes, and peas (which are really a legume). Also, keep in mind that corn is actually a grain, which is why it is so starchy.

Thanks so far still just the Hubs is sick - he is home again today but I put on my big girl panties and drove the truck in to work!

Good for you!

I purchase the Carb Balance ones by Mission at Walmart they have a wheat (eew) and a white - YUM - that is only 6 carbs.. I had a breakfast pizza on it yesterday morning (when I was home for the snow day) it toasted up nicely and tasted delish!!

Glad you found a yummy bread alternative. I really like the Joseph's flax seed lavash.... it is thin but tastes like real bread!

I should start measuring again and using a smaller plate.. I got the free Rachel Ray ones from Shaw's and the dinner plates are HUGE.

Free is always good though! :thumbsup2

Of course, I started cleaning out DS' closet, pulled out EVERYTHING, rearranged and consolidated the stuff on the top shelf, sorted some of the plastic drawers and bins.... and now I'm hungry and want to quit! :rolleyes2 So I'll have some lunch and keep plugging along! I will need to make an "ask him" pile before I plan to part with some of the stuff.... but clothing he couldn't care less about.

Did everyone have a good lunch???

Off to eat and clean some more!.................P

Regarding the QOTD -
Portion control has been relatively easy for me. A giant pile of veggies, and a little meat. I don't do starchy, carb-y stuff so that place is taken by more veggies. Typically roasted in a healthy oil, of course.

Not starting out to be a good day here. Low temp was predicted to be -7 last night, and my guess based on the -15 temp this morning when I got up is that it was at least -20 at one point. And that's without the wind chill that would have added at least another -10 to that.

Water pipes are frozen. I am officially over winter. This is way too cold, even for Montana. Typical temps here are 30's during the day, and maybe down to as low as 10 at night. No sweat. But this prolonged negatives over and over has me frustrated.

Space heater in the crawl space, furnace cranked to 75 with the cabinets open, and hubs is making an appointment with the plumber.

Yay.

Hope you guys have a better day than I will.

Good afternoon, everyone!

Ever have one of those days where you are just HUNGRY?! Its my time of the month and the past few days I've been feeling really bloated just eating normally. =/ Pamela, I actually was thinking about what you said about the Nutrigrain bars. I don't wake up starving anymore unless its a weekend and I've slept for a long time. So, I'm wondering if I can start trying something healthier than a Nutrigrain bar for the weekdays before my workout. My body might actually be ready to move away from what I've eaten for breakfast for 7 years LOL

Off in search of pre-workout breakfast foods!

Anyway, today I thought maybe it is that I've lost enough weight that I need to be eating a bit less during the day than I usually do. BUT, of course, today even my normal lunch isn't filling me up! Grrrr. Oh well, I guess its bound to happen on a day before a weigh-in!

Otherwise, I'm going on 5 days on consistent heat, so YAY! :) SO much so that during my workout this morning, I had to open the window!

Tomorrow is National Wear Red Day to help prevent heart disease! It is the number one killer of women in the US, and is named the silent killer, as most of the time, it shows no symptoms. Great opportunity to do some heart-healthy things and eat some heart-healthy foods! :)

I think because I finally spoke up he realizes how important this is to me. I was very happy last night when he told me.

What a great support system! Good for you for sticking up for yourself! :)

(although sometimes it is hard to remember that when I have a Lindt salted chocolate truffle calling to me...;) )

UGH. Now I want one. :rotfl2: But, I agree completely - whenever I want something really badly, I either in indulge in something else, or remember what I'm fighting for!

QOTD Thursday, February 6, 2014: Do you have any pointers for portion control? If not, is there one of these methods you might try?

You are such a cute host with your Disney movie tie-ins!!!

For me, its all about measuring. Certain things, I have down, like how far to fill up my cereal bowl to get to a cup (my bowls have lines on them, so I can be really specific). But, other things I wish I had better tools to measure.

I'd love to hear exactly what tools work for you guys - if its a food scale, what kind? And where exactly do you buy said tools?

Also, at restaurants, if I'm with close friends, I'll ask them to box up half of it ahead of time. If not, I'll just cut it myself and only eat what I've cut. Makes me feel like I'm fuller!

I'm flying out tomorrow night to CA to surprise my sister for her birthday.

What a wonderful thing you are doing in a very bad situation! She's lucky to have you for a sister! And don't stress about going out to eat. The weekend should be about de-stressing! Just trust your knowledge of portion control and don't go overboard and you'll be able to enjoy that night AND the day after. :)

For example.... I tend to use my scale to weigh everything possible.... that way I can put the food directly into the bowl/plate immediately and not dirty a measuring cup...

Pamela, what do you use?? Just a regular food scale with food on your plate?

Just popping in to say hey. Fighting the tail end stomach bug and yet another snow day, (kids are never going to get out of school!)

Hope that you are feeling better, Buffy! :flower3: You are so smart to get those bugs behind you now!

Good luck on your long run tomorrow. I'm doing my 14 miles tomorrow, too. Soon we will be hanging out in our corral getting ready for the real thing! princess:

For me the pool membership pays off in the winter. Everything about it is warm, working out, the jacuzzi, the sauna. The only way I get any sun in the winter is sitting in that jacuzzi when it's sunny...

The sunshine helps alot for sure! ::yes::

QOTD: If I find a way to be successful, I'll let you know! Most days I am holding on to success by the skin of my teeth. I desperately need to get myself to my weight watchers meeting tomorrow so I can really get back on track. We have another snow day, so I am going to clean out the fridge and do some make ahead meals.

You can do it! :thumbsup2

So after checking my bp again and getting a horrible number, I talked to the pharmacist and bought an at home monitor. Relaxed for 5 minutes, took my bp and it was in the normal range! I think the other machine just didn't fit me right. And every time I went I got more and more stressed out. I am going to watch it at home, but I am feeling much better about it. :)

Glad you got the home BP monitor -- it is totally worth it for peace of mind and checking on your health! ::yes::

QOTD Thursday, February 6, 2014: Do you have any pointers for portion control? If not, is there one of these methods you might try?

I really like the plating idea and will be putting this to use. :goodvibes My other portion pointer is you really need to check yourself if you think you "know" what 1/2 cup or a T looks like -- it is astonishingly easy to overdo if you are not meticulous.

And that leads into the other thing I do, which is to plate our dinners. Instead of "family style" serving plates and bowls on the table, I plate our meals at the stove and put them at each place. This keeps me from mindlessly taking an extra spoonful or two (or five) of something I'm enjoying. If I want more, I have to make it a mindful decision and get up to go to the stove and get more. That has helped a lot! We also find that we have more leftovers for yummy lunches this way because we're not eating more than a serving at dinner.

I'm flying out tomorrow night to CA to surprise my sister for her birthday.

Safe travels to you, Liz! :flower3:

And great tips especially the one that help you have leftovers for lunch! :thumbsup2

I love the QOTD! This is what I struggle with the most. I need to make sure I measure my food. I don't have a scale so I guess I better invest in one. I also love the tricks mentioned here about smaller plate and what portion of the plate should be made up of certain foods. I stuggle getting my fruits and veggies in so knowing that my plate should be made up of at least 1/2 with veggies (non starchy veggies) would certainly do the trick. So what exactly is considered starchy veggies? Is it just corn, potatoes, carrots?

Carrots aren't considered a starchy vegetable as far as I know. Peas are, however. I suggest starting with your measuring cups and spoons and look around at scales for later.

Thanks so far still just the Hubs is sick - he is home again today but I put on my big girl panties and drove the truck in to work!

:woohoo: Good for you! Good to get out of the house with all the sickies for sure!

Not starting out to be a good day here. Low temp was predicted to be -7 last night, and my guess based on the -15 temp this morning when I got up is that it was at least -20 at one point. And that's without the wind chill that would have added at least another -10 to that.

Sorry for the frozen pipes. :flower3: Sending sunshine and warm thoughts your way. :sunny: This is very unusual weather -- I'm just a bit to the west of you. I've lived here for 25 years and saw -10 on my thermometer for the first time ever.

Thanks! :flower3: I do try to have a theme for my coaching. It is a gift how I can put a Disney spin on everything. LOL. :smickey:

A friendly reminder that tomorrow is our first weigh in day. Please PM your numbers to our lovely hostess, Amanda.

Smaller plates work for me, and I really love those little tiny bowls that you use for sauces etc. for snacks. Good quotd as I just polished off a big ham sandwich lol. I thought about eating just half but I was hungry and I'm going to take a long walk in the snow. Yay it snowed again here. I called in to work as my truck is not 4 wheel and I don't have chains. Tomorrow should be better as they'll have the roads cleared so I had a little nap, did a bunch of laundry then came on here to find out how to roast a turkey breast. Am up a pound today because apparently drinking a whole bottle of wine and then snacking after a bacon, guacamole and sundried tomato sandwich will do that to you. Lol. I went to a different grocery outlet yesterday while my son was at the dentist and they had some good wine there mine doesn't have. It's been so long since I've had wine--it was too easy to do. So I will save the rest for special occasions. Well I'm gonna go get the breast started I guess and do more laundry.:goodvibes

Evening all! Just popping on to say g'night. Currently not scheduled to work tomorrow, but we know that can change in a heartbeat, so we shall wait and see.

Fingers crossed and prayers going out that we can ALL be happy with our weigh-ins tomorrow.... TTYL........................P

Good morning all! :goodvibes

I'm Lisa and I will be your coach for the next few days. :wave:

Do you wanna build a snowman?
Come on lets go and play
I never see you anymore
Come out the door . . .

420x236-frozen-game-throw-olaf.jpg

For most of us it has been a long winter and it is still going full bore. It's hard to keep your motivation and success when you just want to hibernate and eat comfort food.

But thanks to my friends at sparkpeople.com here are a few ideas about how you can keep winter from derailing your efforts. :cool2:

Here are five secrets to achieve winter health and energy all season long.

Do everything in your power to avoid getting sick. There is nothing that will sap your energy more than being ill.
Boost your immune system to keep your defenses high by getting plenty of sleep and drinking lots of water, which will help keep nasal passages hydrated. Eat nourishing, vitamin packed foods such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, yogurt, and lean protein. Keep up your exercise program.

Maintain and shake up your exercise routine. Exercise has been shown to prevent depression and lift the moods of those feeling down. It also helps keep your immune system working efficiently. Maintaining your exercise routine will offset some of the extra calories from seasonal treats and celebrations as well.

Enjoy a variety of winter foods. Although summer offers a bounty of fresh fruit and veggies at affordable prices (think melons, berries and tomatoes), many produce items ripen in winter. From hearty root vegetables to bright, sweet citrus fruits, winter produce offers a surprising range of flavors.

Think light and bright. Research from the National Institute of Mental Health has found that exposure to bright light in the early morning can be a powerful, fast and effective treatment for seasonal depression. There's no reason to think it wouldn't help those of us who experience the winter blahs!

Find your inner child and invite him/her out to play.

With a shift in your mindset, winter does not have to be a time of lethargy, illness or unhappiness. Let it be the season to partake in seasonal pleasures that you get to enjoy, rather than a season that you have to endure.

Here is the link to the entire article if you are interested http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/wellness_articles.asp?id=1683

QOTD Wednesday, February 5, 2014: What is your secret to staying on plan in winter? It could be one of the items listed or something else.

BBL with replies and my own answer.

I definitely try to mix up workouts. I do circuit training, treadmill, yoga, and the arc trainer. I also throw in dvds when I need a workout at home.

I also try to eat just as healthy as warmer months. I do not always want cold salads, but I still try to make a conscience effort when making or ordering food.

]

Honestly, just knowing January is over has helped immensely. :) I know Spring is just around the corner, and even when we are getting more snow, it is not lasting long.

Come on Spring! Come on Spring!

And I know 3 short weeks from today I will be on my way to SC to see my son and the ocean, so something great to look forward to! In March we are planning a weekend in Gatlinburg. In April back to SC. And in May headed to FL. Lots to look forward to. :goodvibes

Lots of trips to keep you motivated! I need you to talk to my DH....:rotfl:

I was able to get in a 30 min walk again last night before the storm hit. DH picked up middle DS at school (he stayed after to work on project), oldest DS and DD stayed home while he went and picked him up and the dog and I did our walk.

DH also rearranged his schedule so he could be home on Tuesday nights so I could go to the gym and meet with a personal trainer.

I think because I finally spoke up he realizes how important this is to me. I was very happy last night when he told me.

I am happy about getting my exercise plan in place. The next thing I want to tackle is my eating habits. I am trying to make sure I get in my 5 servings of fruits and veggies and then I need to work on portion control.

I am trying not to push too hard with everything though because I don't want to overwhelm myself. This week's goal is to exercise at least 5 days. I have 3 done so far. Next week I am going to work on the fruit and veggie servings everyday and keep up with the exercising 5 days a week.

I am so happy that you are getting some exercise! It is so hard as a mom, but we have to be selfish sometimes! It sounds like your DH is really supportive, too. In the warmer months, you can add in exercise with the kids. DS10, DS7, DH, and I play soccer, kickball, baseball, badminton, and anything else we can think of in the backyard. We also take the kids to a park where DH and I can play tennis (the kids play a little but usually get bored quick) and DSs can play in the playground right next to the courts. Or, they sit in the shade and "help" us keep score and tell us when balls are out lol. We also take the dog for family hikes a lot in the spring, summer, and fall. It doesn't even feel like exercise when we are having so much fun.

Good morning all! :goodvibes

Be our guest! Be our guest!
Put our service to the test
Tie your napkin 'round your neck, cherie
And we'll provide the rest . . .

wdw-fantasyland-003.jpg

Before you tie that napkin round your neck would be a good time to review some pointers on portion control from my friends at sparkpeople.com, of course. ;)

With portions ballooning to extreme sizes, it's sometimes tough to stick to what we know are proper serving sizes. Eating contests, "value" meals and bags that contain "30% more free" all contribute to our environment of excess. You've chosen to fight back and take control of your portions. Great! It's a key step to weight management and will make you feel powerful in your food choices. Use some of these methods to help control the crazy portions so you can reach your goals.

Measure This isn't something you’ll need to do forever, but it's a great place to start.

Downsize your dishware To combat the tricks our eyes play on our stomachs, switch to smaller plates (approximately 9 inches), cups (tall and narrow ones are better) and bowls.

Be resourceful at restaurants Take control of the portions and either share your meal with a friend, or ask your server to box up half of your meal before bringing it to the table.

Visualize Comparing food portions to common objects that you know the size of is genius when it comes to portion control, especially if you don't have your measuring tools handy. It’s not as cumbersome as measuring or weighing your foods, but still provides a good estimate about how much food you're eating. Here are some common comparisons to keep in mind:
1 cup = baseball
1/2 cup = standard light bulb
2 Tbsp = golf ball
1 Tbsp = poker chip
3 oz meat = deck of cards
3 oz fish = checkbook
1.5 oz cheese = 3 dice

Perfect the Plate Method This visual strategy for portion control is a great way to slim down your protein and starch portions, and bulk up your servings of vegetables. Fill half of a 9- or 10-inch plate with non-starchy veggies or salad. Next, visually divide your plate in half again (to achieve 2 quarters of the plate) and place your meat or protein source in one spot, and your carbohydrate or starchy vegetable in the other. This method helps you control calories and increase your vegetable intake.

Here is a link to the entire slideshow if you are interested
http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/slideshow.asp?show=40

BBL with replies and my own answer. :goodvibes

I think I've been at this long enough that I can picture serving sizes of things like meats, fruits, and vegetables. I try to plate a small portion of meats and carbs (if any) and load up on veggies.

If I decide to eat a snack like pretzels, I look at the serving size and count them out in a bowl. Then I don't mindlessly eat.

And that leads into the other thing I do, which is to plate our dinners. Instead of "family style" serving plates and bowls on the table, I plate our meals at the stove and put them at each place. This keeps me from mindlessly taking an extra spoonful or two (or five) of something I'm enjoying. If I want more, I have to make it a mindful decision and get up to go to the stove and get more. That has helped a lot! We also find that we have more leftovers for yummy lunches this way because we're not eating more than a serving at dinner.

We do this as well.

I'm flying out tomorrow night to CA to surprise my sister for her birthday. Those who've been on the challenge threads for a while may recall my mentioning her crap situation right now - her husband left her a week after they bought their new house and a few weeks before their 10th anniversary. He lied to her and cheated on her and has still tried to claim that she's the one being difficult by standing up for herself in the settlement negotiations (she's been a SAHM since my older niece was born over 7 years ago). She's moving back home (to the Boston area) next month - we have lots of family and friends there, and it'll be great. But she's understandably exhausted and stressed, and I thought a surprise visit for her birthday this weekend might be the boost she needs to get her through these last few weeks of being out there. She has two good friends there who are helping me coordinate the surprise, and I can't wait to see her!

I know I'll be taking her out to celebrate her birthday (her soon to be ex has their daughters until Saturday night), so I'm already trying to plot my way through the unknowns of where we'll go, what I'll eat (and drink), and all that good stuff.

The scale popped up a little bit for me after my initial Feb weigh-in, but I think it's about back to where it was now. Looking forward to checking in tomorrow with a weigh-in before I go - even though I have a planned cheeseburger/fries lunch on the schedule today! It's not about deprivation, it's about moderation...one cheeseburger isn't what put all the weight on, and one cheeseburger is just fine. I always get nervous about eating while I'm traveling, though, as I'm out of my routines and with fewer easy choices. It's just a couple of days. :)

Happy Thursday, all!

XO
Liz

Have a wonderful time with your sister. I'm sure she will be surprised to see you!

Morning all! I"m coming on late because I was a good wife this morning and did the last round of snowblowing/shoveling (at least for THIS storm) for DH this morning. I did part of it before I took DS to school and then finished up the job when I got back. It was cold, but not particularly difficult.

TTYL....................P

If you only lived closer :rotfl2:

Water pipes are frozen. I am officially over winter. This is way too cold, even for Montana. Typical temps here are 30's during the day, and maybe down to as low as 10 at night. No sweat. But this prolonged negatives over and over has me frustrated.

Space heater in the crawl space, furnace cranked to 75 with the cabinets open, and hubs is making an appointment with the plumber.

Yay.

Yuck! Hope the water got fixed. When we had our -15 degree weather here, I know lots of people let a faucet drip so it wouldn't freeze, but we didn't have any issues. I would like to join the "officially over winter" club!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm with Pamela and it took me over an hour to catch up! We had ANOTHER snow day yesterday because of the ice. This is our 4th snow day since Christmas break. 13 years of teaching, and the most we've ever had was 1! In PA we have to be in school 180 days. We had 2 snow days built into our calendar, so we are probably losing our Spring break (even though we only get 3 days off around Easter weekend). I wish the state could forgive a day or 2 since the weather has been so bad! Oh, and we are getting ready for another storm and freezing temps this weekend :scared:

To get away from all this yucky weather, DSs and I fake plan vacations :thumbsup2 We decide where we want to go and look at planning it. We've pretend planned a few cruises, WDW, DL, Mount Rushmore, the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Cozumel, and Ireland. The problem is that now it's making me want to book a summer vacation! We decided to not do a big trip this year because of DH's student loans, so I am sad about that. I'm hoping to do a weekend trip within a couple hours drive to satisfy my traveling dreams :)

I'm going to get going and enjoy some family time before DSs are off to bed. Have a great night!

Jill

We'll I made a huge mistake today. I ate and ate and ate. I haven't eaten much all week and everything bad sounded sooo good.
I can not eat processed food anymore. I feel terrible! But I can't go to the grocery store tomorrow because I still have 2 kids home sick and I think ones has pink eye.
Hopefully I can at least send DS17 into the store to pick up some fresh veggies.

I have yet to do my long run but a friend is going out for her long run Sunday so I think I will join her as long as the weather is good.
I am getting really nervous now though. I can't sleep and when I do I dream about running so I don't feel well rested.

How do you guys shut your brains off??? I need some ideas.

We'll I made a huge mistake today. I ate and ate and ate. I haven't eaten much all week and everything bad sounded sooo good.
I can not eat processed food anymore. I feel terrible! But I can't go to the grocery store tomorrow because I still have 2 kids home sick and I think ones has pink eye.
Hopefully I can at least send DS17 into the store to pick up some fresh veggies.

I have yet to do my long run but a friend is going out for her long run Sunday so I think I will join her as long as the weather is good.
I am getting really nervous now though. I can't sleep and when I do I dream about running so I don't feel well rested.

Sorry about the food run in, Buffy! :flower3: It happens and it's not even as fun as you remember. :sad2:

I totally know what you mean about the race dreams -- I never have exam dreams anymore! :lmao: I know that you will feel better when you have that last long run in the bag. :hug: Take lots of deep breaths and know that you WILL make it. princess:

Two weeks from today we will be done with the 5K! :yay:

Good morning all! :goodvibes:

A friendly reminder that today is weigh in day. Please send your PMs to araes2102 so she can update our colors. :rainbow:

musicmulan.jpg

I'm never gonna catch my breath
Say goodbye to those who knew me
Boy, was I a fool in school for cutting gym
This guy's got them scared to death
Hope he doesn't see right through me
Now I really wish that I knew how to swim

BE A MAN
We must be swift as a coursing river
BE A MAN
With all the force of a great typhoon
BE A MAN
With all the strength of a raging fire
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon

Time is racing toward us
'til the Huns arrive.
Heed my every order
And you might survive.

Sometimes you need some help in your training for survival in today's busy world so I am going to share this link to an article from active.com called

The 15 Best Fitness Apps for 2014

Want to lose weight? Boost your endurance? Get the download on the best fitness apps. From fitness games and competitions to workouts and meditation tactics, these iPhone apps will offer the support, motivation and challenges you need to stay on top of your health and achieve your fitness goals.

This articles features apps like Virtual Run, Zombie Runner, and Couch to 5k.

http://www.active.com/fitness/Artic...68&lyrisid=42882260&email=lisah0711@yahoo.com

QOTD Friday, February 7, 2014: Do you have a favorite fitness app? Or a favorite piece of fitness equipment like your high tech shoes, dry wick clothes or sparkly headband?

Regarding the QOTD -
Portion control has been relatively easy for me. A giant pile of veggies, and a little meat. I don't do starchy, carb-y stuff so that place is taken by more veggies. Typically roasted in a healthy oil, of course.

Yay.

Oh my, my! Hope you are waking up to thawed pipes and sunshine!

Good afternoon, everyone!

Ever have one of those days where you are just HUNGRY?! Its my time of the month and the past few days I've been feeling really bloated just eating normally. =/ Pamela, I actually was thinking about what you said about the Nutrigrain bars. I don't wake up starving anymore unless its a weekend and I've slept for a long time. So, I'm wondering if I can start trying something healthier than a Nutrigrain bar for the weekdays before my workout. My body might actually be ready to move away from what I've eaten for breakfast for 7 years LOL

Off in search of pre-workout breakfast foods!

There are plenty of choices out there that can be almost equally easy to the Nutrigrain, but offer more nutrition. How about a slice of whole wheat bread with a bit of peanut butter? Or a light cheese stick and an apple?

Anyway, today I thought maybe it is that I've lost enough weight that I need to be eating a bit less during the day than I usually do. BUT, of course, today even my normal lunch isn't filling me up! Grrrr. Oh well, I guess its bound to happen on a day before a weigh-in!

I think we ALL can relate to having those "HUNGRY" days!

Otherwise, I'm going on 5 days on consistent heat, so YAY! :) SO much so that during my workout this morning, I had to open the window!

WONDERFUL... just in time for spring! :rotfl:

Tomorrow is National Wear Red Day to help prevent heart disease! It is the number one killer of women in the US, and is named the silent killer, as most of the time, it shows no symptoms. Great opportunity to do some heart-healthy things and eat some heart-healthy foods! :)

I don't do red as a rule (can't stand the color unless it is on Mickey!), but I am certainly doing the heart-healthy foods today! Already started the day with a wonderful steaming bowl of steel cut oats!! :thumbsup2

She is, isn't she!!??

For me, its all about measuring. Certain things, I have down, like how far to fill up my cereal bowl to get to a cup (my bowls have lines on them, so I can be really specific). But, other things I wish I had better tools to measure.

I'd love to hear exactly what tools work for you guys - if its a food scale, what kind? And where exactly do you buy said tools?

Also, at restaurants, if I'm with close friends, I'll ask them to box up half of it ahead of time. If not, I'll just cut it myself and only eat what I've cut. Makes me feel like I'm fuller!

Food scale.... first one I had was a Taylor brand that came from Target ($50). I loved it and used it faithfully for about 3-4 years, but it died suddenly and unexpectedly the end of last year. I replaced it with a KitchenAid that I got at Christmas Tree Shop (of all places) for $25. I was feeling cheap. It seems to be pretty decent, for the price. If you are following WW, I would highly recommend the NEW WW scale, but if you just need a food scale, there are plenty out there. Make sure it has the TARE feature and if it can switch between ounces and grams that is a great feature as well... and be SURE you can see the read-out even with a plate or bowl on it (I think LTS has shared a picture of a really NEAT food scale that she has that elevates the read-out ABOVE the plate!).

Pamela, what do you use?? Just a regular food scale with food on your plate?

Answered above. ;) As far as daily use.... for example, if I am portioning out my greek yogurt, I turn on the scale and then put my bowl on it. Then I hit "tare" to bring it back to zero grams and then I dish up my 227 grams of yogurt (for a full 1 C serving). Grams are VERY precise and it is kind of silly how I stand there scooping out and dipping in the tiniest portions to get the grams to read just right! :rotfl:

You can do the same with dry cereals, nuts, ice cream (??). For dinner I will often just put the scale next to my plate and use it to weigh my protein portion. For smaller things like shredded cheese, I keep a small ramekin in the same drawer with the scale and use it for weighing those smaller portion.

Thanks! :flower3: I do try to have a theme for my coaching. It is a gift how I can put a Disney spin on everything. LOL. :smickey:

You are truly gifted!!:lmao:

A friendly reminder that tomorrow is our first weigh in day. Please PM your numbers to our lovely hostess, Amanda.

Thanks for the reminder.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm with Pamela and it took me over an hour to catch up! We had ANOTHER snow day yesterday because of the ice. This is our 4th snow day since Christmas break. 13 years of teaching, and the most we've ever had was 1! In PA we have to be in school 180 days. We had 2 snow days built into our calendar, so we are probably losing our Spring break (even though we only get 3 days off around Easter weekend). I wish the state could forgive a day or 2 since the weather has been so bad! Oh, and we are getting ready for another storm and freezing temps this weekend :scared:

Hope you don't lose too much break. They NEVER do that around here.... if a break is scheduled, we take it, no matter WHAT has happened during the school year. The only thing I could see them changing is perhaps dropping a "teacher workshop" day. We have had 4 snow days as well. :(

To get away from all this yucky weather, DSs and I fake plan vacations :thumbsup2 We decide where we want to go and look at planning it. We've pretend planned a few cruises, WDW, DL, Mount Rushmore, the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Cozumel, and Ireland. The problem is that now it's making me want to book a summer vacation! We decided to not do a big trip this year because of DH's student loans, so I am sad about that. I'm hoping to do a weekend trip within a couple hours drive to satisfy my traveling dreams :)

Start a Pinterest board with all of your travel dreams on it....then you can sit on the computer and dream as you look at the lovely pictures! I actually have a few different travel Pinterest boards .... my "Someday" board is the "someday" Central European backpacking trip that DD and I hope to do together (possibly even next year???), the "U.S." board is more feasible trips that I would love to do ANY TIME... but convincing DH is another matter, so it may have to wait for retirement. And then my "bucket list" board... places I absolutely DREAM of seeing that I probably never will, like the Great Barrier Reef in Australia and the Northern Lights in Iceland or Norway.

I'm going to get going and enjoy some family time before DSs are off to bed. Have a great night!

Jill

Have a great day! Hope it is sunny for you!

I'm sorry about the run-in with the foods. And I was JUST talking to DD about the need to "shut down" your brain before attempting sleep. When my brain is on overload it helps to keep a pencil and paper next to the bed... then if I wake up with something I'm afraid I'll forget later, I just write it down. It helps me sleep because I am not having that fear that I will forget it. I also try hard to remind myself that at XXX in the middle of the night, I CANNOT do anything about __________________, so I might as well be well rested to deal with it in the morning!

Also, be SUPER careful with the caffeine during the day.

Sorry about the food run in, Buffy! :flower3: It happens and it's not even as fun as you remember. :sad2:

I totally know what you mean about the race dreams -- I never have exam dreams anymore! :lmao: I know that you will feel better when you have that last long run in the bag. :hug: Take lots of deep breaths and know that you WILL make it. princess:

Two weeks from today we will be done with the 5K! :yay:

WISE words! I'm sure they will help.

Morning friends! DS is off to school for his early morning Costa Rica class, I've had breakfast and caught up here, so now it is time to print some coupons and head to the grocery store. I'd love to skip it on the very cold day, but we have DS's girlfriend coming for lunch and dinner tomorrow, plus we are pretty much out of veggies and nearly out of fruit.... all of which constitutes a SHOPPING EMERGENCY around here! So off I will go in a little while.

TTYL........................P

Couple real nice guys came out and got the main line thawed for me with a heat gun. Melted the crap out of our radon mitigation system plastic, though. :headache: Guess what hubby is buying for me today while he's in town? A heat gun. LOL I want to have one on hand, just in case, for future snafus.

Turns out the pipe comes out of the ground from our well right next to one of the outside air vets in the crawl space. We had no issues before with it even down into the same temp range a few weeks ago, but apparently the wind was blowing just right this time and froze that sucker right up. You would think that in Montana, they would actually sit and think about things like that when building houses. :confused3 When I lived in WV, anything under 20 meant we left water running. I thought I was past that out here. Lesson learned. Blocked up the vents for the winter and placed a small radiator heater back under there set on it's lowest setting just to keep the chill off. Will only plug it in if it's slated to be below 0.

Bleh.

But today will be a better day. Sent in my weigh-in number, and I surprised myself with how much I've lost. My decision to cut out desserts was a good one, and I just broke through a number wall I had been unable to get through previously. Hopefully I'm not too sore from all those antics in the crawl space yesterday to haul my carcass onto the treadmill for my walk. It's snowing, and I love to watch the snow while I walk. <3

I've got to round up my 4 week old chicks and move them from the house brooder to the garage one now that we're past the worst of the low temps. That should result in another hour of exercise for me, chasing birds. :lmao:

To get away from all this yucky weather, DSs and I fake plan vacations We decide where we want to go and look at planning it. We've pretend planned a few cruises, WDW, DL, Mount Rushmore, the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Cozumel, and Ireland. The problem is that now it's making me want to book a summer vacation! We decided to not do a big trip this year because of DH's student loans, so I am sad about that. I'm hoping to do a weekend trip within a couple hours drive to satisfy my traveling dreams

Jill

Some beautiful places there! May I add one? Glacier National Park was, to me, way more beautiful than Yellowstone could ever hope to be. I live about 3 hours from there, so I go, a lot. My favorite NP.
For trip ideas in western PA, we enjoyed the zoo in Pittsburgh, and then we'd always stop at Primanti's. That won't help with a diet, but darn is it good stuff.

Have you ever been to Ohio's amish country? We used to go there a lot for weekend getaways, and got married there in Dover at the Reeves house. It was always nice to be able to unplug. That, and the peanut butter pie ...:hyper:

Meditation. Seriously, it works. I usually do mine before bed and then hit the pillow asleep already.

QOTD Friday, February 7, 2014: Do you have a favorite fitness app? Or a favorite piece of fitness equipment like your high tech shoes, dry wick clothes or sparkly headband?

It's not really a fitness app, per se, but I love the my weight app, as well as the fitter app. Helps me track progress. I'd love to find an app that will let me track my miles walked on the treadmill, if anyone knows of one. ETA - forgot to add that I use the atkins carb tracker app to track my carbs and food journal. LOVE it.

Favorite piece of equipment is my treadmill. I've wanted one for a long time, and got one for my birthday last year. I seriously love this thing. I'm already way more active than I was.

Hello all!

Happy weigh-in day, everyone! Hope everyone was satisfied on their scales this morning! :cool1:

I'm officially at the lowest weight that I was when I tried to lose weight last year - so everything after this is new and fresh for my body! By new and fresh, I mean since 8 years ago! I'm excited to see the changes in my body as I continue on this journey! It was always such a hassle just to make it this far, now that I'm here, with a better routine in place, I have nothing but anticipation for the future!

I will say, I'm always amazed by how differently your body changes based on how you exercise, and what you eat. For instance, last year, I lost 15 pounds on diet alone, and therefore didn't really see much of a difference except in my face. Two years ago, when I was doing Jillian Michaels videos, I lost a ton in my arms and my bust.

This year, with Power 90 and Weight Watchers, the difference is all in my waist and hips. I'm absolutely fascinated by how the body works and how it responds to certain kinds of weight loss. I wonder how it responds to the cookie diet. =P

I'm excited to watch the Olympics Opening Ceremony tonight! I'm using it as a time to write an awesome cover letter for jobs, and to create two new things to put on my wall - one is a bucket list book and the other is an inspiration board.

My bucket list I've had for awhile on my computer - it includes places to visit in my lifetime, (well, most of them are travel related haha) as well as small goals like being fitted for a bra by a professional who can actually tell me my bra size! :rotfl: I add to it often, and I think having something physical that I can check off and put in a book would be awesome!

The inspiration board is something I've never done, but you guys and your pinning up bathing suits on the wall inspired me to try it! Since I've never been below the size I am now, I don't really have anything to actually hang, so I thought I'd put up some pictures of a bathing suit, to inspire me to be able to buy one!

Lisa, I've started playing the song you quote as I read through the posts in the morning - otherwise I'll have them stuck in my head all day!! It is QUITE inspiring. :)

I'm not really using fitness apps at the moment. I use the Weight Watchers app like crazy, but I'm tracking everything fitness related in a book. In terms of equipment, I love my headbands. :) I have EXTREME frizzyness in my hair, and lots of baby hairs and flyaways, so unless I want my hair tickling my face when I have weights in my hands and can't brush it away, my headbands are a GODSEND! :)

To get away from all this yucky weather, DSs and I fake plan vacations :thumbsup2 We decide where we want to go and look at planning it. We've pretend planned a few cruises, WDW, DL, Mount Rushmore, the Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, Cozumel, and Ireland. The problem is that now it's making me want to book a summer vacation!

What a cool idea! I'm definitely going to try that!

Answered above. ;) As far as daily use.... for example, if I am portioning out my greek yogurt, I turn on the scale and then put my bowl on it. Then I hit "tare" to bring it back to zero grams and then I dish up my 227 grams of yogurt (for a full 1 C serving). Grams are VERY precise and it is kind of silly how I stand there scooping out and dipping in the tiniest portions to get the grams to read just right! :rotfl:

Thanks for all the advice! Definitely going to look into changing around the way I look at food this month!

When my brain is on overload it helps to keep a pencil and paper next to the bed... then if I wake up with something I'm afraid I'll forget later, I just write it down. It helps me sleep because I am not having that fear that I will forget it. I also try hard to remind myself that at XXX in the middle of the night, I CANNOT do anything about __________________, so I might as well be well rested to deal with it in the morning!

What a great idea!

Couple real nice guys came out and got the main line thawed for me with a heat gun. Melted the crap out of our radon mitigation system plastic, though. :headache: Guess what hubby is buying for me today while he's in town? A heat gun. LOL

WHAT in the world is a heat gun? I'm envisioning just a hose with flames coming out of it!

Meditation. Seriously, it works. I usually do mine before bed and then hit the pillow asleep already.

How does one go about starting meditation? I'm not very good at yoga because I like to move, rather than standing still. So, I always assumed I would be terrible at meditation, too. But, I've always wanted to try it. I just never knew where to start!

:rotfl2: I do need a flamethrower, now that you mention it! A heat gun is just a souped up hairdryer. Burns about 1500 watts and gets much hotter.

Meditation is great. Start with small increments of time, and work up as you can. Even if it's just for a few minutes. Find a place where you can sit quietly, and be undisturbed. I prefer to sit and let thoughts flow past until there's just comforting nothingness, but there are plenty of guided meditations out there to give one some help. It's like listening to someone tell you a bedtime story. :lovestruc

Here's a couple links that look good.
http://www.wikihow.com/Meditate
http://zenhabits.net/meditate/

Namaste!

Yay.

Glad to hear that you are now unfrozen.. we had that happen to us as well this winter! we'll do a complete overhaul this summer but for now under 20 we leave the bathroom faucet dripping..

Well I am new to the fitness part. so I guess I don't have a favorite yet.. but I do love the WW journals for keeping track for points, carbs, activity and water..

My first weigh in with WW is tomorrow so I'll send mine in on Monday am.. good luck to everyone this week..

Oh tiny brag during my 18 min mile walk on the treadmill yesterday in the gym I actually ran 1/4 of that mile.. I have NEVER run on the treadmill (or anyplace else for that matter) so pretty impressed with myself.. I'll keep pusing it further each time just see what I can actually do..

Freezing day today for us. It is never good when your drive to work is -8 without windshield. I am so ready for winter to end or at least ease up. We are to get another 1-3 inches of snow again tonight, more shoveling..Yeah!

I sent in my weight for today. I lost 2 pounds since Tuesday. I am pretty happy with that since I just started and haven't really changed my eating habits. I plan to walk on the treadmill tonight. I have an appt next Tuesday to tour a gym and meet with a personal trainer. If I like what I see I will sign up and plan to go to the gym 3 days a week and meet with trainer on one of those days. DH and I are going on a cruise to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary in June and I have a goal I would like to meet.

QOTD: For me, a good shoe is the best thing! We have a great place here that watches how you walk, jog, jump, etc.. so they can help best fit you. They also have an area you can walk/run on to test them on. Also if you keep your receipt and realize they just are not working for you, you can bring them back in and exchange them even if you have worn them for a few weeks.

wow I worked out everyday last week and only lost .2 pounds! My eating was not great so at least it didn't go up and I'm totally pms'ing right now and trying to avoid thinking about McD's I hate the thought of eating that junk except for 1 day a month :thumbsup2

I'm trying to get more focused. I've been seeming to be like "i'll get back at it tomorrow" but that doesn't work when you say that everyday.

I did start watching BL second chances on Hulu while i'm on the treadmill and seems to get me more motivated to see other people going through the struggles. I've started logging my food the last 2 days to get focused too. Kind of a reality check when you see yourself reaching close to the end of your calorie allotment by late afternoon!

As far as the QOTD I asked this question on the main page last week and got no responses. I did find an app called Fitness Trainer. I haven't played with it much but it list tons of exercises by body part you want to work on and I think you can choose the ones you like and make your own program. I need to play with it more.

Other than that I just log my weight on an app called TargetWeight.

Here's to staying focused!!

Couple real nice guys came out and got the main line thawed for me with a heat gun. Melted the crap out of our radon mitigation system plastic, though. :headache: Guess what hubby is buying for me today while he's in town? A heat gun. LOL I want to have one on hand, just in case, for future snafus.

Turns out the pipe comes out of the ground from our well right next to one of the outside air vets in the crawl space. We had no issues before with it even down into the same temp range a few weeks ago, but apparently the wind was blowing just right this time and froze that sucker right up. You would think that in Montana, they would actually sit and think about things like that when building houses. :confused3 When I lived in WV, anything under 20 meant we left water running. I thought I was past that out here. Lesson learned. Blocked up the vents for the winter and placed a small radiator heater back under there set on it's lowest setting just to keep the chill off. Will only plug it in if it's slated to be below 0.

Glad you got it fixed without any burst pipes.

But today will be a better day. Sent in my weigh-in number, and I surprised myself with how much I've lost. My decision to cut out desserts was a good one, and I just broke through a number wall I had been unable to get through previously. Hopefully I'm not too sore from all those antics in the crawl space yesterday to haul my carcass onto the treadmill for my walk. It's snowing, and I love to watch the snow while I walk. <3

WOOHOO on a good weigh in!!

I've got to round up my 4 week old chicks and move them from the house brooder to the garage one now that we're past the worst of the low temps. That should result in another hour of exercise for me, chasing birds. :lmao:

Sounds like fun!

Some beautiful places there! May I add one? Glacier National Park was, to me, way more beautiful than Yellowstone could ever hope to be. I live about 3 hours from there, so I go, a lot. My favorite NP.
For trip ideas in western PA, we enjoyed the zoo in Pittsburgh, and then we'd always stop at Primanti's. That won't help with a diet, but darn is it good stuff.

Have you ever been to Ohio's amish country? We used to go there a lot for weekend getaways, and got married there in Dover at the Reeves house. It was always nice to be able to unplug. That, and the peanut butter pie ...:hyper:

So many lovely areas of our country to visit.... wish I could see them all!

It's not really a fitness app, per se, but I love the my weight app, as well as the fitter app. Helps me track progress. I'd love to find an app that will let me track my miles walked on the treadmill, if anyone knows of one. ETA - forgot to add that I use the atkins carb tracker app to track my carbs and food journal. LOVE it.

Favorite piece of equipment is my treadmill. I've wanted one for a long time, and got one for my birthday last year. I seriously love this thing. I'm already way more active than I was.

Love mine too, but it is OLD and don't know how many more winters it will carry me through!

Hello all!

Happy weigh-in day, everyone! Hope everyone was satisfied on their scales this morning! :cool1:

I'm officially at the lowest weight that I was when I tried to lose weight last year - so everything after this is new and fresh for my body! By new and fresh, I mean since 8 years ago! I'm excited to see the changes in my body as I continue on this journey! It was always such a hassle just to make it this far, now that I'm here, with a better routine in place, I have nothing but anticipation for the future!

I will say, I'm always amazed by how differently your body changes based on how you exercise, and what you eat. For instance, last year, I lost 15 pounds on diet alone, and therefore didn't really see much of a difference except in my face. Two years ago, when I was doing Jillian Michaels videos, I lost a ton in my arms and my bust.

This year, with Power 90 and Weight Watchers, the difference is all in my waist and hips. I'm absolutely fascinated by how the body works and how it responds to certain kinds of weight loss. I wonder how it responds to the cookie diet. =P

GREAT JOB!!

I'm excited to watch the Olympics Opening Ceremony tonight! I'm using it as a time to write an awesome cover letter for jobs, and to create two new things to put on my wall - one is a bucket list book and the other is an inspiration board.

My bucket list I've had for awhile on my computer - it includes places to visit in my lifetime, (well, most of them are travel related haha) as well as small goals like being fitted for a bra by a professional who can actually tell me my bra size! :rotfl: I add to it often, and I think having something physical that I can check off and put in a book would be awesome!

The inspiration board is something I've never done, but you guys and your pinning up bathing suits on the wall inspired me to try it! Since I've never been below the size I am now, I don't really have anything to actually hang, so I thought I'd put up some pictures of a bathing suit, to inspire me to be able to buy one!

Sounds like lots of INSPIRATION for your life!

Lisa, I've started playing the song you quote as I read through the posts in the morning - otherwise I'll have them stuck in my head all day!! It is QUITE inspiring. :)

I'm not really using fitness apps at the moment. I use the Weight Watchers app like crazy, but I'm tracking everything fitness related in a book. In terms of equipment, I love my headbands. :) I have EXTREME frizzyness in my hair, and lots of baby hairs and flyaways, so unless I want my hair tickling my face when I have weights in my hands and can't brush it away, my headbands are a GODSEND! :)

How does one go about starting meditation? I'm not very good at yoga because I like to move, rather than standing still. So, I always assumed I would be terrible at meditation, too. But, I've always wanted to try it. I just never knew where to start!

If you have an iPhone or iPad, try looking up some sort of meditation app.... DS found one a few years ago and really liked it. It is just kind of self-affirming and soothing.

:rotfl2: I do need a flamethrower, now that you mention it! A heat gun is just a souped up hairdryer. Burns about 1500 watts and gets much hotter.

Meditation is great. Start with small increments of time, and work up as you can. Even if it's just for a few minutes. Find a place where you can sit quietly, and be undisturbed. I prefer to sit and let thoughts flow past until there's just comforting nothingness, but there are plenty of guided meditations out there to give one some help. It's like listening to someone tell you a bedtime story. :lovestruc

Here's a couple links that look good.
http://www.wikihow.com/Meditate
http://zenhabits.net/meditate/

Namaste!

Thanks for the links!!

Glad to hear that you are now unfrozen.. we had that happen to us as well this winter! we'll do a complete overhaul this summer but for now under 20 we leave the bathroom faucet dripping..

Sorry you had pipe issues too!

Well I am new to the fitness part. so I guess I don't have a favorite yet.. but I do love the WW journals for keeping track for points, carbs, activity and water..

My first weigh in with WW is tomorrow so I'll send mine in on Monday am.. good luck to everyone this week..

Oh tiny brag during my 18 min mile walk on the treadmill yesterday in the gym I actually ran 1/4 of that mile.. I have NEVER run on the treadmill (or anyplace else for that matter) so pretty impressed with myself.. I'll keep pusing it further each time just see what I can actually do..

WOOHOO on the start of some RUNNING! And good luck on the first official WW weigh-in!

Freezing day today for us. It is never good when your drive to work is -8 without windshield. I am so ready for winter to end or at least ease up. We are to get another 1-3 inches of snow again tonight, more shoveling..Yeah!

I sent in my weight for today. I lost 2 pounds since Tuesday. I am pretty happy with that since I just started and haven't really changed my eating habits. I plan to walk on the treadmill tonight. I have an appt next Tuesday to tour a gym and meet with a personal trainer. If I like what I see I will sign up and plan to go to the gym 3 days a week and meet with trainer on one of those days. DH and I are going on a cruise to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary in June and I have a goal I would like to meet.

QOTD: For me, a good shoe is the best thing! We have a great place here that watches how you walk, jog, jump, etc.. so they can help best fit you. They also have an area you can walk/run on to test them on. Also if you keep your receipt and realize they just are not working for you, you can bring them back in and exchange them even if you have worn them for a few weeks.

Sorry you are enduring this cold.... keep dreaming about that June cruise!

wow I worked out everyday last week and only lost .2 pounds! My eating was not great so at least it didn't go up and I'm totally pms'ing right now and trying to avoid thinking about McD's I hate the thought of eating that junk except for 1 day a month :thumbsup2

I'm trying to get more focused. I've been seeming to be like "i'll get back at it tomorrow" but that doesn't work when you say that everyday.

I did start watching BL second chances on Hulu while i'm on the treadmill and seems to get me more motivated to see other people going through the struggles. I've started logging my food the last 2 days to get focused too. Kind of a reality check when you see yourself reaching close to the end of your calorie allotment by late afternoon!

As far as the QOTD I asked this question on the main page last week and got no responses. I did find an app called Fitness Trainer. I haven't played with it much but it list tons of exercises by body part you want to work on and I think you can choose the ones you like and make your own program. I need to play with it more.

Other than that I just log my weight on an app called TargetWeight.

Here's to staying focused!!

How can you NOT be motivated while watching BL?? Some crazy workouts there!

Okay friends.... groceries are bought and put away, tonight's dinner is ready to warm up and next week's meals are planned! Time to pick up DS! I'll try to pop on again this evening....................P

I weighed in and went to a meeting yesterday. I had missed two weeks because of weather. I was up from the last time I went, but own from when I weighed myself at home, so I am on my way to my goal!

:wave2:
Got back from Disney last Sunday and haven't had a chance to check in. We had a great trip-- left a day early because school was canceled the day before we were supposed to leave. Then while we were in Disney school was canceled for 3 of the 4 days we missing! Kids missed only missed 1 half day of school and I got my 3 personal days back! A 10 day vacation with only one personal day used. :cool1: And because we had all of these snow days during midterm exams they decided that all midterms would only count if it raised the semester grade. So the pressure to do well on the exams they ended up missing because of the snow days was gone.

Weather was cool and rainy overall. We had a few nice days and one that was really :cold: . But that made the parks even less crowded than they normally are this time of year and we pretty much walked on to every ride. We did everything at Disney and Universal-- 6 parks in 7 days, so we are still trying to catch up on our sleep.

We had the Free Dining plan for our trip so I ate, and ate, and ate. The best thing I had all week was the Cappuccino Cupcake for dessert at DHS Pizza Planet. As I expected, I gained 10 pounds! But I am okay with that, am back on plan and have already lost at least 3 of those. I will officially weigh in on Sunday and send that in.

Of course the payback for all of those snow days was determined today. Fortunately no Saturday School like some of the districts around us. But we do lose all the rest of our 1/2 days for the year and all other days off other than Spring Break.

Hope everyone is having a great February! Hopefully I can check back this weekend. Will probably be watching Olympics all weekend and hopefully finally getting all of my Christmas decorations packed up and put away! :blush:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter