Wisdom Tooth

IWasBornToLoveDisney

DIS Veteran
Well, I am having a wisdom tooth removed today. Yes I said tooth as I am only having one taken out.
I am just a little nervous and worried about that after part. Any advice?
(I am having the bottom left one removed if that makes any difference)
TIA :goodvibes

Don't forget to use ice packs to keep the swelling down & rest. My son has a more sensitive mouth than my daughter, but they both used their pain killers, especially the first 2 days. Don't forget soft foods also.

Hi! I hope everything went well! I had 3 impacted wisdom teeth removed in May and it really wasn't as bad as I was expecting. My biggest advice would be to use the flushing syringe right off the bat and make sure you actually put it in the socket, if you haven't done this already, it doesn't hurt. My surgeon failed to explain the flushing to me, so i wasn't doing it properly and I had to go back in a week later and it was very painful because my surgeon had to clear out the sockets so it could heal properly. Good Luck!! Eat lots of ice cream with no pieces or chunks in it! :)

One time I had 9 teeth taken out(I was asleep). Whatever was in the shot they gave me erased my memory so I don't remember much.

I hope it went well! I have to get all 4 of mine out next month... I'm not really looking forward to it.

Thanks for the advice everyone.

Here's a little update: I went in pretty calm and wasn't really thinking about it until the assistant (I was just at my regular dentist's office) asked if I wanted gas or not. I decided to get it and she went to get my mom so she could sit in the room. My dentist came in, looked at the x-rays I just taken, and then asked me how old I am. I said 18 and he asked why we were doing this. I was thinking the same thing buddy.

So when my mom got into the room he explained how it would work as the assistant turned the gas on. I started to get tingly as he talked about how it would be possible to do the procedure, but that it would be better to wait. He told my mom that if it was his daughter, he would wait until next summer at least. So I sat there tingly and excited! I didn't have to get my wisdom tooth out! :dance3:

So the assistant turned off the gas and I left the office about 5 minutes later. Hurray! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter