Wireless service in flight

hinodis

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used the gogo in flight wireless service? I am thinking about trying it. I am wondering how the connection is and is it fast? DH want to IM me when I am on the plane.:)

my husband and I used it on Delta just a couple of weeks ago. I only used it to surf the net and it seemed decent. I know my husband used it for downloading his work emails, I think he thought it was sufficient. It was like $12.

Had planned to try gogo on our next flight too so I did some research. The technie reviews I read said that the speed of the service is highly dependent on how many other people are sharing the bandwidth. So you may have a good connection one day and really bad one another. And even with a good connection, it works for non essential surfing, but hooking up to your work might not work well.

I decided not to bother.

Hope that helps.

Agree with PP. Used it a few days ago on a completely full flight. The connection was very slow. Someone across the aisle spoke to a FA and the FA confirmed the speed can be influenced by the number of people using the service and what they are using it for.

I tried it on two flights in December on AirTran. For basic surfing, email, logging on to the office, etc. it worked great. For watching Netflix, it was awful

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter