wireless laptops can we access the internet

I do not believe WIFI is on the ship (although it was supposed to be when the Magic last drydocked). Maybe the next Wonder drydock this fall will finally get it installed? Or perhaps it already is?

no wifi available...I take my laptop everywhere simply to download pictures, and to use it as a CD player (I'm a music teacher, and have to have music playing whenever I'm not doing anything)....anyway, the only way to access internet through your laptop is to plug into the data port conveniently located at your desk, and pay the $6.95 ship to shore rate. Sorry, wish I had better news. My thinking is that if they went to this, and allowed you to access the way you want, they'd lose a lot of money in the internet lounge. But I could be wrong...they did go to free soda, so maybe if enough people put it on their comment cards......

I don't know why they'd lose money - they have a billable system in place at the resorts where you plug in your laptop in your room already.

dinnysuw:
I'm going for the unlimited use plan at the Internet lounge (I think it's around $90). I'd rather use my own laptop in my own cabin, of course, but this is better than nothing.

The Magic does have wireless access, but not for guests. I saw them using it to check kids into/out of the club while on the sportsdeck one day...

Hopefully it will be available for guests in the near future :D

They do have wireless access but only for their onboard systems and guests will not be able to connect to it.

I'm a Disney cast member and I couldn't even connect to the company domain.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter