Wired Internet in Cabin an option?

MartDM

DIS Veteran
I know there is free WiFi in the cabins but, frankly, we've found it to be terrible in comparison to the wired service you paid for in the past at the deluxe and DVC resorts. Looks like they have modem kits available for the camp sites, but can you get it in the cabins if you are willing to pay the deposit?

My husband owns his own business and has to get some work done on vacation (or we don't go on vacation) and I'm wondering if the option to use wired internet might work better for us since we wouldn't be fighting everyone else in the vicinity for bandwidth. We have a Clearwire air card we're going to try but, since the coverage around WDW looks sketchy on their map, an option of wired internet would be a nice fail safe.

Any thoughts on this? We really want to try FW because our DS6 will love it, but this is a real concern for us.

Thanks for any advice you can give.

You shouldn't be fighting for bandwith with anyone else anymore than if you were wired. Each cabin has their own hotspot. The amount of bandwith you have available will be determined by how many other people in the general area are using the internet in their cabins at the same time. Wired or not, there is only so much to go around. The speeds for wired (if even an option) may not be much faster, as the slow down in Disney's internet isn't on that first hop, but farther down the line.

We used the cable modem kit last summer because I couldn't get a reliable wireless signal in Loop 100. I highly recommend it, it was a great way to access NetFlix and YouTube (old episodes of My Little Pony) when the kids got restless...

We used the cable modem kit last summer because I couldn't get a reliable wireless signal in Loop 100. I highly recommend it, it was a great way to access NetFlix and YouTube (old episodes of My Little Pony) when the kids got restless...

Thanks JWimberley! That's exactly the info I needed and exactly what I was hoping to hear!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter