Winter time

SWofDisorder

Expatriate Fun
Being that I am the token American from WDW living in the EU, please explain to me how being at DLP in the cold would be fun? I get chilled so easy and feel like flying over but this is home now and DLP is my park.

im not sure myself yet as we havent been in the winter time before but i will be finding out in 2 weeks time! :-)

im guessing its going to be cold, wet and miserable.........cant wait! :-)

We have spent Christmas at DLP and at WDW. Although we did love being at WDW over the holiday season DLP ticked all the boxes for us because it was so cold (-8C) and snowy, it felt like it was lifted from the front of a Christmas card or watching a Christmas movie!

I was always told that there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing. It's the same with cold weather, you wont get too cold if you wear the right clothing. Hat, scarves, thermal underwear, thermal socks, gloves, thick coat that is windproof and waterproof, maybe even salopettes/ski trousers. And lots of hot drinks.

I would rather be there when it colder because it easier to stay warm than it is to cool down when it too hot.

I was always told that there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad clothing. It's the same with cold weather, you wont get too cold if you wear the right clothing. Hat, scarves, thermal underwear, thermal socks, gloves, thick coat that is windproof and waterproof, maybe even salopettes/ski trousers. And lots of hot drinks.

I would rather be there when it colder because it easier to stay warm than it is to cool down when it too hot.

Totally agree with the bolded :)

@SWofDisorder omg, I so totally get what you mean. Growing up Disney to me = sun shine (either Cali or Florida) I watched the Grand Opening of Disneyland Paris on TV in 1992 and visited Disney World Florida in July 1992. After experiencing Disney in the sun and then coming home and re-watching the dull grey Disneyland Paris opening (we taped it from TV) the 2 just did not equate. As much as I wanted to experience a Disney Park again, I just couldn't bring myself to go to Disneyland Paris, even though it waaay more local to me than the USA parks. It wasn't until I had visited Disneyland California for the first time in 2010 that I found myself curious about Disneyland Paris. My first visit to Disneyland Paris was in September 2011. And yes it felt very odd, the cold and rain and it did not feel like Disney. I have been back twice since, Christmas 2013 and February 2016. Its not the same, the cold and rain dim things for me, but I make do as I know I will be back to my Cali sunshine in the summer

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter