• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Winter storm in the south

Still no power.
But we did see the trucks a couple miles up the road, this afternoon... so I am trying desperately to hold on to some hope.
Went for hot food where we often eat, where there is power in town.
Our one waitress had told us on our last visit that she, too, did not have power, but was trying to stay positive and keep on keepin' on.
Today, when she saw us, we shared that we were still out of power.
She said... "I had been doing good... until today... and ...."
OMG, the look on her face... I think we were both just fighting back tears.

We did go and borrow a hot shower...
Decided we couldn't go one more day!!!

She lives pretty close to us.
I told her we were starting to see the trucks... Maybe tomorrow...

Looks like more bad winter weather across the South tonight....
Sigh......

The little snow we got yesterday melted today. Got some things done and took dd16 out for mani pedi and dinner.

Just waiting for the big snow to appear.

Still no power.
But we did see the trucks a couple miles up the road, this afternoon... so I am trying desperately to hold on to some hope.
Went for hot food where we often eat, where there is power in town.
Our one waitress had told us on our last visit that she, too, did not have power, but was trying to stay positive and keep on keepin' on.
Today, when she saw us, we shared that we were still out of power.
She said... "I had been doing good... until today... and ...."
OMG, the look on her face... I think we were both just fighting back tears.

We did go and borrow a hot shower...
Decided we couldn't go one more day!!!

She lives pretty close to us.
I told her we were starting to see the trucks... Maybe tomorrow...

Looks like more bad winter weather across the South tonight....
Sigh......

Hope your power gets fixed soon

I live in Southern California, but spent last week in northern Alabama. The temperature did not get above 30 degrees all week. I left on Saturday to drive back home and driving across Texas and Oklahoma on I-40, the temperature never went above 17 degrees. I drove through rain, snow, ice and wind, but made it home Monday. I will never complain about cold again!!

I live in Southern California, but spent last week in northern Alabama. The temperature did not get above 30 degrees all week. I left on Saturday to drive back home and driving across Texas and Oklahoma on I-40, the temperature never went above 17 degrees. I drove through rain, snow, ice and wind, but made it home Monday. I will never complain about cold again!!

Please send some of your Cali warm weather this way, lol

It has started to snow in my area of Southeastern Virginia, The forecast id 6-9 inches,I hope its way less.

It's a winter wonderland at our house. We got about 7-8 inches of fluffy, heavy snow. I love a snow day when it's clear no one will expect me to be at work, and that's what we have here.

It's a winter wonderland at our house. We got about 7-8 inches of fluffy, heavy snow. I love a snow day when it's clear no one will expect me to be at work, and that's what we have here.

Yep. It's snowmageddon outside my deck and very pretty...

...as long as they clear RDU out by the time of my flight tomorrow morning. =D

It is about 7 and a half inches here, fluffy is easier to clean off driveway, but I am ni going out. It is still snowing. My city has about 16 plows so they are busy having to keep going back over places.

Luckily power has stayed on.

We got basically nothing south of Charlotte. It snowed for about 2 hours, then changed over to rain for the rest of the night. It never got below freezing, so the roads were wet but fine to drive on in the morning. What little snow on the grass and roofs was all gone by noon.

DD got back to school in Durham at 8 last night. It didn't start snowing until about 9 or so. She woke up this morning to 8" of snow on the ground and no power at school (luckily, the emergency generators provided power to the cafeteria and gym). The kids built snow forts, made snowmen, and had an epic snowball fight. The live in staff made sure the kids had hot food and a warm place to hang out. Boarding school in the snow is interesting!!

We got about 7 inches of snow overnight. Nothing more throughout the day. The roads were all pretty much clear by mid afternoon. No more snow predicted for tonight. But school is still canceled for tomorrow.

Black ice warning in effect. I'm still not sure if my flight to WDW from RDU will leave tomorrow. A lot were cancelled today.

Hardly anything in Atlanta, but after last year's "snowpocalypse" everyone has been overcautious. I hope everyone else is doing okay, though!

Trucks are now at the top of the street from our house....
Maybe, finally, power by tonight.

High is not getting out of the 20's here today.

Been a rough, rough, week!

So far about $1,000. in basic expenses of new generator, gasoline, kerosene.
Husband is probably going to have to use his personal annual leave for some of these days.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter