Winter Snow Storm

I live in Orland Park, IL. Currently I am at work downtown, and we just got the notice we are closing at 3p today and also all day tommorow. School is cancelled tomorrow for my kids as well. Snow day for all of us.

Just north of Wichita, KS and it is blizzard conditions here. I can hardly see the house next door.

I'm on Long Island (NY) waiting to see what is left of this storm by the time it gets to us. We've been hit pretty bad this winter. I almost feel like a kid again with all these snow days I have gotten (no, I do not work for a school).

October can't come soon enough for us.

I WISH we had more snow! I'm in the metro Denver area and while the mountains have gotten feet upon feet of snow, we have not. We did get a lot of ice and a nasty cold spell so school is out today and even my work told everyone to work from home and not to drive on the slick roads. It will be a high of -4 today. But that's not as bad as my family in Montana who saw -36 a couple days ago :scared1: Even my family in Alaska is warmer!

The whole state of Indiana is getting battered...but in different ways. In northern Indiana, they are predicting a blizzard. I live about an hour south of Indy...we are already ice covered from last night...but we are supposed to get a massive ice storm starting soon and ending tomorrow night...they are predicting two inches of ice and power outages all over the state. Terre Haute and Indy got hammered last night...and expecting more today as well. It's a mess all over the state. Spring break cannot come soon enough...I'll be in Disney World!

Unfortunately, we aren't getting a lick of snow it seems this year. All this *BIG* snow storm of 2011 is going to deliever to us is lots of rain :guilty: VA's getting the short stick on this storm.

Stay warm everyone and keep thinking warm Disney thoughts! Here's to hoping you'll go from this :cold: to this :beach: in no time!

We would be happy to share. Please come on up and bring your shovel with you!

I'm in Central Indiana and we got hit with ice last night and are bracing for round 2....bleck! Come on April 30th!!!!!

I'm in Indy, NW side, and the ice has started again here now. We had 1/2 inch this morning...I walked/skated across my yard on the snow this morning, and thanks to the ice, I didn't sink. LOL! I'm just glad this is coming now instead of this weekend...we leave for WDW Saturday!

And just beat the storm to get home to Omaha. Flight leaving Orlando to St Louis was cancelled, had to go to Nashville, then Chicago and made it home 6 hours late, with no luggage. It was sunny and very warm when we left, and now?? LOL The great trip was worth the cold.

Sitting here in Milwaukee waiting for the second front that is supposed to hit in an hour, we're expected to get 18 inches, it'll be worse where you're at, OP. I love the news stations, so far I've heard it called, "Snowmageddon", "Snownami", and "Snowpocalypse"...I'd love a job where I sat around all day and thought up stupid weather puns. LOL

I am in Spfld IL and we are getting hit now. I'm looking out the window and I can't tell if it is snow, rain, sleet or windy. It's a big mess of everything. SO glad my WDW trip isn't until Sept!!
Woo hoo for power so I can still plan activities. :thumbsup2
Hope everyone else gets in/out and stays safe.

I just came inside from shoveling 8 inches. I live in central Mass right on the New Hampshire border. It has stopped snowing for now, but the 2nd storm is coming around 7 pm tonight until tommorrow night and that should dump another 18 inches. The only good thing is I only have 9 more days until Disney!!!

I live in Orland Park, IL. Currently I am at work downtown, and we just got the notice we are closing at 3p today and also all day tommorow. School is cancelled tomorrow for my kids as well. Snow day for all of us.

GAH GAH GAH!

You're so lucky. We won't get notice until late tonight or early in the morning--I get the feeling we'll be open. Well, maybe the trains will be empty.

Today's storm is going to be a doozy. I bet folks like us in GA could get anything we wanted due to many cancellations.

I'm in Kansas City and we've already got 6 inches. We're expecting another foot or so. The worst part is my DH doesn't get off work until 9 pm tonight. I'm hoping he can get home. It's a pretty bad storm.

We are prepared. Grocery shopping was crazy last night. Got gas in the car today and filled up the container so we have it for the snow blower.

Made sure my DM had anything she needed. So another trip to the store.

We are about 10 minutes from DTW(detroit metro airport).

I do miss my truck in this weather.

DD are excited for the possible snow day. Matched up the container of gloves so they can just take dry fresh ones for playing outside when it hits.

Denise in MI

Kids' schools are out today because of "extreme cold":scared1:
I think it was -11 F when I woke up this morning. Yuck...

Metro Detroit, here. DD16's school district has already canceled for tomorrow. They're saying between 10-15" although they said we'd get 3" last night and we barely got an inch.

Food is stocked up, water, batteries etc in case we lose power, and I've already told work if we get more than 6" I'm not coming in until they plow my street, because my low little car will get stuck in more than that!

Looking forward to tomorrow to get caught up on some little projects around the house and get some stuff ready for our Super Bowl Party this weekend.

:banana: :yay: :woohoo: :thumbsup2

Naperville,IL checking in-snow is really blowing around here-#203 let out early today,with no school tomorrow.I'm pretty sure I'll be off tomorrow also-looking forward to observing the snow,instead of driving in it.Everyone stay safe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter