Winter Park?

choirchic

DIS Veteran
Has anyone ever been to the Winter Park area that can tell me a little bit about it? I hear it's cute and quaint...and that there's a museum with a chapel made from Tiffany Glass??? :confused3

Any suggestions are welcome!

I went to Winter Park last year. It's definitely quaint as soon as you get into the main part of town. The majority of the people in the community are well off, so it's fun to drive past the houses, and there's a boat ride you can do that takes you past a lot of the mansions on the water. The hubbub is Park Ave. There are a lot shops and cafes. Our reason for going to Winter Park was that my family had brought my dog down to visit, and Winter Park is very dog friendly (dog park, some shops and restaurants allow dogs). However, there was an art show that weekend that we weren't aware of and dogs weren't allowed in. We're going back in December and we plan on bringing the dog and spend the day there, either on the tree lighting ceremony or the Christmas parade. Not really exciting for kids in my opinion, but adults would enjoy it. They're also big on Sunday brunch there, if that's something that interests you.

Winter Park was mentioned on the travel channel. My 12 year old decided she had to go shopping there:) She is a girly, shopping, spa type teen. Its really different but she loves shoes and boutiques and shes only 12

We did the small boat ride there years ago and are planning on going this year when we visit in December

We did the small boat ride there years ago and are planning on going this year when we visit in December

Definitely do this, the boat tour is a great departure from the go-go theme park activities. The boat tour goes on three of the local lakes that are connected by little canals. The boat pilots/tour guides give a running commentary (except while traversing the canals - the neighbors along the canals like their quiet) with a little bit about the houses along the lakes and the people who have lived or played there. These tours have been going on for some 60 years or so. We visited Winter Park and did the boat tour for the first time eight or nine years ago and again this past winter when we came to Winter Park only for the boat tour. I think that the web site is www.scenicboattours.com.

Dick Taylor

We are planning on going there at the end of October with our dogs. As we heard this was a nice place to bring them. Is this true?

The boat ride sounds nice and relaxing. We'll have to check it out. While we LOVE WDW we're looking for some activities off site this year.

:thanks:

It was featured on Samantha Brown: Passport to Great Weekends on Thursday night and it's always repeated so try to check it out. It looks like a cute little town with lots of shops, restaurants, museums and galleries. We have family in Winter Park but we haven't gotten a chance to visit them yet. We're definitely planning on spending a few ours in Winter Park next summer!

We just returned from a 10-day trip to Orlando and we thoroughly enjoyed Winter Park. We did the boat ride and then had the most wonderful lunch at Bosphorous Turkish Cuisine. Highly recommend this restaurant - it's rated in the top 20 restaurants for Orlando. I'll definately make a trip again, just to visit this restaurant and see more of Winter Park.

I live in Winter Park. If you have any specific questions, I would be happy to answer them.

Hello, we, 4 adults, will be coming down to Disney this coming December, since we wil be down for 7 days this trip, we'd definately plan to visit Winter Park (shops, Eateries). We're staying at Saratoga Springs and may not be renting a car, what is the Distance via taxi. Also Is Winter Park part of Downtown Orlando or is that a separate area all together. Any information will be appreciated. Thank you. :banana:

Hello, we, 4 adults, will be coming down to Disney this coming December, since we wil be down for 7 days this trip, we'd definately plan to visit Winter Park (shops, Eateries). We're staying at Saratoga Springs and may not be renting a car, what is the Distance via taxi. Also Is Winter Park part of Downtown Orlando or is that a separate area all together. Any information will be appreciated. Thank you. :banana:

Winter Park is probably about 45 minutes or so away from Disney property. It's actually past downtown.

WP is about a bit over 25 miles from WDW. It can take anywhere from 20 minutes to 45 as the previous poster said. If you're only wanting to do the Park Ave. area, then I suppose a cab would be fine, but you may be better off renting a car to give you more flexibility and ability to see more of WP.

There is a place called either the Wine Shop or the Wine Stop that sells wine by the ounce. We are going to check that out this OCT when we go.

I just did the boat tour in June, very interesting and alot of info. There are museums and galleries that the tour guides reccommend. The tour takes about an hour.

This is "The Wine Room." It is in Winter Park on Park Ave and is a great place to visit. We go here regularly. You will find many local Winter Parkers here that you can mingle with.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter