• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Winter boot help for DD11

sunlover13

<font color=darkorchid>No Chef boyardee here!
My daughter is 11 and she wears an 8 1/2, 9. She has big feet!

As you can imagine, she likes to play out in the snow, but needs a women's boot.

Long story short, I'm having a hard time finding an affordable ladies winter boot to play in the snow.

I bought her a North Face boot at a local show store which was on sale for $55. More than I wanted to spend, but after looking forever, she loved them and I figured they would last if her feet ever stop growing. She wore them twice and they are starting to rip.

I'm going to send them back to North Face warranty where they will hopefully refund my $. I already spoke to them about this and they know I don't want a replacement boot shipped for fear the same thing will happen.

So, we need to go shopping for a new winter boot ASAP!

I'd like to spend under $50 since she will probably only get 1 year out of them and they need to keep her feet warm and not be made of nylon like the North Face boot we currently have that is ripping after a couple of wears.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

P.S. She's picky too so I need somewhere with a LARGE selection to choose from. Online won't work b/c she really needs to try them on.

Maybe try DSW? Not sure if they have snow boots, but they have every other shoe so I would Imagine so

We live wear it snows and use our boots a lot. My personal favorite for my kids and myself are crocs boots.

I don't know how much snow you have or how deep gets, but I'm a big fan of Sportos. We get some snow here, but not a ton and mine last for years. My feet stay dry in them and I think they are pretty warm. I have both some waterproof leather (or probably "Faux" leather to be that waterproof) pairs and a nylon. The only thing I have ever had happen to them are that my favorites that are about 10 years old, the black on the side of the soles started peeling off after I had been out in the snow this year- they made it for 10 years being worn in the wet and salt without that happening though so I can't complain. I don't like spending a ton of money on fancy boots that I'm just going to wear out in bad weather either.

I've gotten them at DSW before and I know Famous Footwear usually carries them. Famous Footwear probably has a coupon on its website that you can use in the store- they do a lot of the time. I bought a pair for my mom (after watching her walking in slush in heels) recently and I think with a coupon I paid around $40 or maybe even a little less for them.

Tractor Supply Co has great prices on snow boots...$20 kids - $25 ladies. It kills me that they are so expensive when they are outgrown by the next year!

Thanks everyone!

Not sure if she will wear the croc snow boots, but we have a DSW by us so I'll make a trip there this weekend.

Wish me luck.

She's so picky!

Thanks everyone!

Not sure if she will wear the croc snow boots, but we have a DSW by us so I'll make a trip there this weekend.

Wish me luck.

She's so picky!

Do you have a Columbia outlet near you? When we lived in WI, I wore Sorels and Columbia boots (just the lace up brown ones). They were great for playing in the snow with the kids.

Have you tried a man's boot. I bought boots from LL Bean for my Son a couple of years ago. He is starting to grow out of them but they fit me just fine. Plenty big enough to wear a couple pairs of socks if I want to but they are insulated and waterproof. I wear them when I shovel, which is a lot, as I live in WI and have a long driveway. My feet never get cold or wet. I love them.

LL Bean can be expensive but you can find sales and they last forever. Mine still look brand new. I'm sure they have ladies boots also but my experience is with mens and I don't care as long as they do the job.

My dd12 wears a womens size 9. I just bought her winter boots in the last week at Target. She loves them and says they are warm. Wore them to school this week when it was snowing. they cost around $30.

My daughter is 11 and she wears an 8 1/2, 9. She has big feet!

As you can imagine, she likes to play out in the snow, but needs a women's boot.

Long story short, I'm having a hard time finding an affordable ladies winter boot to play in the snow.

I bought her a North Face boot at a local show store which was on sale for $55. More than I wanted to spend, but after looking forever, she loved them and I figured they would last if her feet ever stop growing. She wore them twice and they are starting to rip.

I'm going to send them back to North Face warranty where they will hopefully refund my $. I already spoke to them about this and they know I don't want a replacement boot shipped for fear the same thing will happen.

So, we need to go shopping for a new winter boot ASAP!

I'd like to spend under $50 since she will probably only get 1 year out of them and they need to keep her feet warm and not be made of nylon like the North Face boot we currently have that is ripping after a couple of wears.

Any suggestions?

TIA!

P.S. She's picky too so I need somewhere with a LARGE selection to choose from. Online won't work b/c she really needs to try them on.

For playing in the snow, I suggest shopping in the mens/boys shoes department.

I have boys, but I can always find warm, dry boots in their sizes for $20-$30 at KMart. I have unusually good luck with boots there, not sure why. Usually it is Kohl's that works like that, but I coldn't find boots there any of the past 3years & every time KMart came thru!

Lands end has really nice boots for wide feet our dd 10 wears a 9w in womans

Sears has a good selection of lands end stuff.

She is very picky and will not wear boys boots. I wish she would so we could pass them on to her little brother.

I did try Lands End in Sears. They didn't have a very big selection in my store.

I'm going to try DSW and Kohls this weekend.

Thanks everyone.

I've always had good luck in Kmart for footwear. For durability, you can't beat LL Bean, but wait till her feet stop growing!

I wore a ladies size 10 in 4th grade! I ended up with my brothers hand-me-down off-brand Sorel boots. Always warm and dry. The funny thing is that now 20-some years later my nephew is now wearing the boots.

Maybe you can find a pair of mens boots in black or gray or something that look more unisex.

BOGS! That's what you want.....they aren't cheap, but they last forever and are great for rain or snow!

My daughter is 11 and she wears an 8 1/2, 9. She has big feet! As you can imagine, she likes to play out in the snow, but needs a women's boot. Long story short, I'm having a hard time finding an affordable ladies winter boot to play in the snow. I bought her a North Face boot at a local show store which was on sale for $55. More than I wanted to spend, but after looking forever, she loved them and I figured they would last if her feet ever stop growing. She wore them twice and they are starting to rip. I'm going to send them back to North Face warranty where they will hopefully refund my $. I already spoke to them about this and they know I don't want a replacement boot shipped for fear the same thing will happen. So, we need to go shopping for a new winter boot ASAP! I'd like to spend under $50 since she will probably only get 1 year out of them and they need to keep her feet warm and not be made of nylon like the North Face boot we currently have that is ripping after a couple of wears. Any suggestions? TIA! P.S. She's picky too so I need somewhere with a LARGE selection to choose from. Online won't work b/c she really needs to try them on.
We've had snow boots from Lands End for years. They are guaranteed to last, and they do! For anything from Lands End, I always order more than one size, see what works the best, and return the extra at our local Sears store (no shipping fee that way).

I totally agree about the BOGS- great year round and to -40! I always but boots a size to big so we get 2 seasons out of them.

Have you tried zappos.com? They have free shipping and free returns.

I bought DD14 a pair of Kamik snow boots in the kids' dept. They were a little more than you want to spend ($65), but she loves them. DD wears an adult 6.5, and a kids' size 5 is equal to an adult size 7. The reason I'm mentioning this is that I accidentally ordered her a kids' size 7, which is an adult size 9. I was able to send them back and get the correct size, but this is my long-winded way of saying that kids boots do exist in your DD's size and you might find good boots in the kids dept for a better price than buying adult boots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter