Winter 2016 Discount Rumors

Discounts for early 2016 aren't even out yet. Discounts are also not guaranteed. You won't hear anything about winter 2016 discounts until late summer to fall 2016 time.

Discounts for early 2016 aren't even out yet. Discounts are also not guaranteed. You won't hear anything about winter 2016 discounts until late summer to fall 2016 time.

Ummm... I think they mean discounts for Jan-Mar 2016 which should come out within the next 6 weeks. Also while discounts aren't guaranteed Disney has a pretty good track record of offering discounts consistently year round (you just have to be flexible with resorts and dates).

Ummm... I think they mean discounts for Jan-Mar 2016 which should come out within the next 6 weeks. Also while discounts aren't guaranteed Disney has a pretty good track record of offering discounts consistently year round (you just have to be flexible with resorts and dates).
I live in Wisconsin winter for us starts in the beginning off November. Not specific enough I guess. Yes we should be hearing about discounted in the next month or two.

I just know that typically 4-6 weeks out there is at least some chatter about a possible discount, if there is one. Example would be the most recent discount of free dining this fall. Rumors started swirling about a month and a half before the official announcement.

The go to discount for Jan-Mar the last few years has been the Stay, Play, Dine which is a complex package deal that discounts dining combined with a small discount on the resort room (tickets are still full price). See more on how it worked last year here: http://www.disboards.com/threads/stay-play-dine-calculation.3339097/

Of course they also had a room only discount too. Historical discounts can be found here: http://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

Last year the Disney Visa release date on these was 10/6 - hopefully we can get some rumors going soon (with some factual basis of course!)

I just know that typically 4-6 weeks out there is at least some chatter about a possible discount, if there is one. Example would be the most recent discount of free dining this fall. Rumors started swirling about a month and a half before the official announcement.
Free dining discount rumors are usually the biggest rumors in terms of discounts there isn't much chatter about other discounts. I suggest you look at the site called Mousesavers it's very helpful for discounts.

Disney will offer 30% discounts on selected rooms to the GP every season next year. They don't necessarily WANT to... they have simply been locked in to that pattern for close to 10 years :).

I am also hoping for jan or feb discount. I am booked with a travel agency for the first week in jan but they don't allow the dining plan with that offer. I don't know why, but I just love the dining plan. Hoping for a stay, play and dine package

I would be happy with ANY discount for our 2/27-3/5 trip! We've already booked a MYW package with dining and tickets at Pop, so it looks like a SPD discount would save us a few hundred bucks!

I noticed that they have seemingly started to "block off" standard rooms at the deluxe resorts. I noticed it happening about 4 weeks before the release of free dining for fall. Wishful thinking, but hopefully they are gearing up for a new deal releasing soon.

I noticed that they have seemingly started to "block off" standard rooms at the deluxe resorts. I noticed it happening about 4 weeks before the release of free dining for fall. Wishful thinking, but hopefully they are gearing up for a new deal releasing soon.

I'm curious how you noticed " blocked off" rooms?

I go on once or twice a week and price vacations and save them in my cart. Last week, every room time at all the deluxe resorts were available. Showed rates, rooms...everything was available for packages. This week, standard rooms weren't available for pricing or packages. I could choose the more expensive rooms but standard (and preferred-at the moderate resort I tried and value resort I tried) rooms were not available. I noticed this same exact thing happen before the fall release as well. I think they pull rooms or block them off for discount packages.

I go on once or twice a week and price vacations and save them in my cart. Last week, every room time at all the deluxe resorts were available. Showed rates, rooms...everything was available for packages. This week, standard rooms weren't available for pricing or packages. I could choose the more expensive rooms but standard (and preferred-at the moderate resort I tried and value resort I tried) rooms were not available. I noticed this same exact thing happen before the fall release as well. I think they pull rooms or block them off for discount packages.

So vacation fantacizing...ok, I get that.

Respectfully though, the system is a little more complex than that. What specific dates have you noticed this? Is it for the time of the year when the prices typically go up? Just wondering.

If they typically release the discounts for jan-march/April in October...I believe...then why wound they "hold rooms"? why would they not sell them to the last possible second at the higher price?

Answer: they would. Disney never holds something that can be sold right now.

And the discounts...as always...are a way of moving "unsold" inventory...

Basically, to move leftovers. You always reduce what you do discount as much as possible. That is how they operate...first hand knowledge working that system.

As far as "free dining"... Which is showing up here - you could set your watch to it - I hope they have it in the winter...off the normal cycle...

Because that is an identification that the there's trouble...bookings are down...and then things like good ticket promotions - which is in stark to contrast to the all out barrage on the consumers and likely to continue (remember tiered tickets? Yeah...wait for that one to swing back by) may return.

And justice for all

I noticed it the last week of January-the first two of February. Those are the only dates I looked because those weeks work for a possible trip for my family.

Good to know. I'm a newbie. What was tiered tickets?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter