• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Winnie the Pooh gets a HOLLYWOOD STAR!

CinRell

DIS Veteran
YAY POOH!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060412/ap_en_ot/pooh_star
Cute pic at link too!

Article:
Winnie the Pooh Gets Hollywood Star 1 hour, 4 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES - Winnie the Pooh sure does love his honey, but the beloved bear now has something just as sweet: a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

ADVERTISEMENT

The children's character, created in the 1920s by British author A.A. Milne, was joined Tuesday at the star's unveiling by his Hundred Acre Wood pals Tigger, Eeyore and Rabbit.

Pooh debuted as a cartoon character in the 1966 Disney featurette "Winnie the Pooh and the Honey Tree," and went on to star in dozens of films, specials and several cartoon series.

"I know that Winnie would react to all this fanfare by simply saying, `Oh bother," said Robert Iger, CEO of The Walt Disney Co. "But, Winnie, you really are worth a bother."

Milne named Pooh after a stuffed bear owned by his son Christopher Robin Milne.

The ceremony coincided with the DVD release of 1997's "Pooh's Grand Adventure: The Search for Christopher Robin," which marks the bear's 80th anniversary.

___

On the Net:

http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/animatedfilms/pooh/

pooh: :tigger: :eeyore: pooh:

How perfectly (or should I say Poohfectly) wonderful!! I LOVE Pooh...since I was a little one myself I had Pooh on the brain all of the time! 'Bout time he got a star! :) Thanks for sharing the happy news. :tigger:

great!!! he deserve it ! I know!.. can you tell I wuv my Pooh Bear! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter