Winkler's head back! We are home.... The TR of a CRUNCHY MAMA! Updated with pics!

Finally made it over here - I haven't posted on the Dis in AGES!

But HAD to sub to your PTR!!

Our trip is May 3- May 10. We are renting DVC pts and staying Deluxe for the first time! I got an awesome deal on the pts! The first 6 nights are AKL, 1 bedroom, Kidani Standard. The last night is at WLV, Studio. Mostly just to try something different.

9- I have 2 dinner ressies. Still trying to pick one. WCC or The Wave.

Most of the remainder of our meals will be prepared in room/ taken in Bento boxes. I will tell more about those plans next time!

I HIGHLY recommend The Wave. I mostly suggest it for the way you have been eating. They serve a lot of organic and sustainable meats and fishes. But they are also amazing. We've had breakfast there once and dinner there two or three times, we have always enjoyed it.

Also, have you noted your allergy/sensitivity on your reservations? If not - do. A chef will come out and talk to you and they will really work hard to make you a fabulous meal.

Finally - Sawyer may outgrow the dairy sensitivity. I know a few mom's from LLL and ICAN that have slowly added it back into their diet with great success. Regardless, he will only be nursing so long.

And I am interested in your bento and/or in room meal plans!

I love the winnie the pooh outfits.
THANKS!
All of the outfits are amazing!

Maybe I'll learn how to sew by the time I have grandkids (my oldest child is 8, should have quite a while!) I can see myself doing that for all of my grandkids and taking a huge family vacation. I just know even if I could teach myself to sew, I don't have time for it at this point in my life. While I enjoy all the "crunchy" things we do, I am still the sole provider. :scratchin Hmmm. I can get my DH to do many things (like cloth diaper and homeschool), but I don't think I can get him to sew. :rotfl:
LOL!! Mine will!! He is very supportive of my sewing!:cool1:
Love all of the tropical stuff you've made (you know me and palm trees...BFF). That's my favorite followed by the Mexican Donald applique stuff. He's such a cute character.

I'm so ready to start our dinner & movie nights, but we still have a ways to go.

Have you seen the new Dumbo popcorn bucket from Storybook Circus? Make sure ya'll pick up one or two. They are so cute Alicia. The babies will love them.

I can't wait to see the pictures of everyone dressed up in their matching outfits. They're going to be the cutest kids at WDW!
Thanks!! I did see those cute buckets!! Wonder if they will sell an empty one?
ALICIA! I am FINALLY here and you are on page 3 with just over a week before you leave...I can't tell you how wonderful it is to see you back on the boards, I miss your "sunshine" when you are gone! The children have grown so much and I am with you , I forget Isabelle and Lisa are the same age...I think of Isabelle as older! How about you? So much cuteness here and I LOVE your outfits...you know that! Loving your theme nights!
JUDY!!!!!! So glad you are here! Actually, I always think Lisa is older! :lmao:
Love the outfits, Alicia!!! I think Sawyer approves, too!!!
:) Thanks!!
Finally made it over here - I haven't posted on the Dis in AGES!

But HAD to sub to your PTR!!

I HIGHLY recommend The Wave. I mostly suggest it for the way you have been eating. They serve a lot of organic and sustainable meats and fishes. But they are also amazing. We've had breakfast there once and dinner there two or three times, we have always enjoyed it.

Also, have you noted your allergy/sensitivity on your reservations? If not - do. A chef will come out and talk to you and they will really work hard to make you a fabulous meal.

Finally - Sawyer may outgrow the dairy sensitivity. I know a few mom's from LLL and ICAN that have slowly added it back into their diet with great success. Regardless, he will only be nursing so long.

And I am interested in your bento and/or in room meal plans!
I am having a spoon full or so of something dairy a day. Seems to be ok.... :thumbsup2

Still can't decide.... Maybe we will try Wave for breakfast on day!

Sorry I have been MIA!!! I am SO busy!!! Good news! My camera is fixed! I pick it up Saturday! I am taking a minute while dinner cooks to post while listening to Mouse World Radio!!!!

Tomorrow is a bittersweet day! Isabelle, my oldest, will be 11. So impossible to believe!

So Sunday was a busy day!! We went to a new church, the zoo and my grandmother's! Grandma taught me to make liver and onions! The kids enjoyed Earth Day activities at the zoo and even got their faces painted be a friend from highschool!

[URL=http://s191.photobucket.com/user/RoseThorne7/media/20130421_144852_zps5903b942.jpg.html]

Monday I got some sewing done, not very much, though, because we did a little early birthday celebrating!

I packed ONE bag of the kids' sets!!! lol!!!!!

Last night we had Shepard's pie and watched Brave! The only picture I got was of one of the carrots I put in! I added extra LOVE!

Tonight we are having a simple roast chicken dinner. The kids are watching the newest Muppet movie, we haven't seen it yet! :/

They might would sell an empty, if not ask them to put the popcorn in a paper container and pay it forward to someone else in line. I'm not a popcorn fan myself, but I love the container. I'd like to get another one. I wish they had them in other colors. Maybe they do by now. The cups are great in each park now. I like how they offer so many different scenes.

Oh Genie is cute! I like that. I think I might bring Nikki's HM set you made this time. We always get so many compliments on that set. (It's just weird when we have strangers taking pics of us and they don't think we see them taking it...lol)

haha!!!!!

Well, it isn't so much that we don't like popcorn, but that we use organic popcorn, to avoid GMOs.

Rough idea of plans!!!

May 2- Leave when Matt gets home from work! Packed lunch and snacks. Stop for the night between Macon an Tifton. May be some changes on this day!!
--Lunch- Superfood Salad*, Turkey sandwiches
May 3- Arrive in Orlando and stop at store about 1. Check in by 3. May be some changes on this day!!
- Dinner @ 'Ohana 6:40, possibly MK before
- Maybe campfire at Ft. W after or pool at Kidani
--Lunch- Garden Chicken Patties* and roasted potatoes

May 4- Breakfast in room- Eggs and fruit (we are BIG egg eaters!)
AK am
- Lunch @ Tusker House
EP pm
- Dinner around WS, looking forward to the F&G booths!!

May 5- B in room- Eggs and Fruit
EP am
- Lunch- San Angel
MK pm
--Dinner-Greek Orzo Pasta Salad, Pitas, Hummus, Yogurt for kids

May 6- Breakfast- The Wave (I found a spot Adi!) May be some changes on this day!!
- Beach! Still trying to decide between where we usually go (Clearwater Bch) and where I went often in my teen years (Siesta!).
--Lunch- Homemade Applesauce, Burrito Wraps, yogurt for kids

May 7-B in room- Homemade Oatmeal
DHS am
- Lunch @ Hollywood and Vine
MK pm
--Dinner- Spinach, Berry, and Pecan Salad, Turkey roll ups, yogurt for kids

May 8- B in room- Pancakes and Sausage (making sausage and mix ahead, will freeze meat)
MK am
Lunch- Crystal Palace
- Pool and Dinner in Room - Veggie Lo Mein * (veggies precut day before we leave.) and Chicken Teriyaki
DHS pm
-Fantasmic!

May 9- B in room and Check out- Eggs and Fruit
AK am
--Lunch- Pasta Salad*, Fruit, Boiled Egg
EP pm
Check in to WLV about 5 ish (I think...)
- Dinner- WCC
- MAYBE a late night at MK or pool

May 10-
MK am
- Breakfast CRT
- Lunch BOG
On road between 3 and 5
--Dinner- Leftover if we have any, otherwise we will stop.

* A recipe that will be in my cookbook!!!!
:)

The Wave for breakfast wasn't very expensive. And we just walked right in (October). And breakfast was very good. But our dinners there were AMAZING. You should try it someday, if not this trip.

JUDY!!!!!! So glad you are here! Actually, I always think Lisa is older! :lmao:

That is funny! :rotfl2: Okay I am straining my brain here:lmao:...Doesn't Isabelle turn 11 next month? Lisa turned 10 in March...and HOW I am remembering that may just be my mind playing tricks on me so early in the AM. :rotfl:

That is funny! :rotfl2: Okay I am straining my brain here:lmao:...Doesn't Isabelle turn 11 next month? Lisa turned 10 in March...and HOW I am remembering that may just be my mind playing tricks on me so early in the AM. :rotfl:

Lol!! Today actually!! 11!!! Can you believe it? I guess Lisa is just more mature than Isabelle. ;)

Lol!! Today actually!! 11!!! Can you believe it? I guess Lisa is just more mature than Isabelle. ;)

I can't believe how close I was to the date! (well, sort of) :rotfl2: Lisa is more mature than most 50 year olds...I think it is because she has lived so much in her 10 short years....

Your plans look great Alicia! We love doing breakfast at Crystal Palace, it is one of our (many) must dos.

I am curious to see your bento box menus too.

D~

Your plans look great Alicia! We love doing breakfast at Crystal Palace, it is one of our (many) must dos.

I am curious to see your bento box menus too.

D~

We are actually doing Lunch. We love lunch and dinner more than the breakfast menu!!!

Trying to tweak the Bento and room meal plans. Having a wee bit of trouble, b/c we may actually be leaving a day early!

Rough idea of plans!!!

May 2- Leave when Matt gets home from work! Packed lunch and snacks. Stop for the night between Macon an Tifton. May be some changes on this day!!
--Lunch- Superfood Salad*, Turkey sandwiches
May 3- Arrive in Orlando and stop at store about 1. Check in by 3. May be some changes on this day!!
- Dinner @ 'Ohana 6:40, possibly MK before
- Maybe campfire at Ft. W after or pool at Kidani
--Lunch- Garden Chicken Patties* and roasted potatoes

May 4- Breakfast in room- Eggs and fruit (we are BIG egg eaters!)
AK am
- Lunch @ Tusker House
EP pm
- Dinner around WS, looking forward to the F&G booths!!

May 5- B in room- Eggs and Fruit
EP am
- Lunch- San Angel
MK pm
--Dinner-Greek Orzo Pasta Salad, Pitas, Hummus, Yogurt for kids

May 6- Breakfast- The Wave (I found a spot Adi!) May be some changes on this day!!
- Beach! Still trying to decide between where we usually go (Clearwater Bch) and where I went often in my teen years (Siesta!).
--Lunch- Homemade Applesauce, Burrito Wraps, yogurt for kids

May 7-B in room- Homemade Oatmeal
DHS am
- Lunch @ Hollywood and Vine
MK pm
--Dinner- Spinach, Berry, and Pecan Salad, Turkey roll ups, yogurt for kids

May 8- B in room- Pancakes and Sausage (making sausage and mix ahead, will freeze meat)
MK am
Lunch- Crystal Palace
- Pool and Dinner in Room - Veggie Lo Mein * (veggies precut day before we leave.) and Chicken Teriyaki
DHS pm
-Fantasmic!

May 9- B in room and Check out- Eggs and Fruit
AK am
--Lunch- Pasta Salad*, Fruit, Boiled Egg
EP pm
Check in to WLV about 5 ish (I think...)
- Dinner- WCC
- MAYBE a late night at MK or pool

May 10-
MK am
- Breakfast CRT
- Lunch BOG
On road between 3 and 5
--Dinner- Leftover if we have any, otherwise we will stop.

* A recipe that will be in my cookbook!!!!
:)

So, Matt called me EARLY this morning while at work....He asked off the WRONG WEEK!!!! He has his vacay scheduled for NEXT week!!! AHHHHHH!!!! :scared1:

Yep, flipping out a BIT here... :worried:

He CAN'T take the next week, b/c there are NO slots for vacay that week. So he can get 3 days of that week, MAYBE, without trouble. He will have to call in the others and it will go on his discipline list. This is bad, b/c we has had issues at work in the past and they look for any excuse to pick on him.

As for next week. Well, he may go ahead and keep it scheduled. IDK. It's all so stressful. Good news is that he will be able to help with the boys so I can get my sewing done. :dance3:

And IF we keeps it off, we may leave a day earlier. :goodvibes If so, Our schedule changes (at the very least we will leave several hours earlier on Thur), possibly like this:

May 1-Leave 7AM
--Lunch- Meats and Cheeses, Fresh Veggies and Oranges
-Dinner break around 6, should be Tifton.
- Stop for night around 9 in Lake City, FL!

May 2- On Road by 8AM
- Myakka River State Park, set up tent, have lunch
- Siesta Key Beach
--Dinner at Midnight Pass Pub, stop by Turtle Beach after dinner, head back to camp!

May 3- Breakfast- Muffins
- Check out park for a bit, lunch
- Road to Orlando about 1.
--Stop at store
- Check in to AKV

May 6- Breakfast in Room
EP- Lunch- Biergarten (always wanted to try it!)
Pool time
PM- Either EP or DHS

I have NO idea how I have missed this adorable report. I hope it won't make you feel sad but I wanted to start by saying how sorry I am to read about your beautiful little boy.
The movie nights are wonderful. I love the apple car. And your sewing is amazing! I wish I could do that sort of work! We have little ones very close in age. Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter - love that shot of her with the face paint.
It's funny, we have such crazy food restrictions here too. I'm a vegetarian, my daughter is allergic to nuts and soy. And my baby boy just had nestle cereal for the first time this weekend and broke out in hives from his hair line to his rib cage. Terrifying! We switched over to the organic and he was fine. It's crazy all the rubbish they put even in baby food.
Anyway, hoping you have a wonderful trip! I look forward to reading your report when you return!

http://www.foodrenegade.com/why-ditch-infant-cereals/
I have NO idea how I have missed this adorable report. I hope it won't make you feel sad but I wanted to start by saying how sorry I am to read about your beautiful little boy.
The movie nights are wonderful. I love the apple car. And your sewing is amazing! I wish I could do that sort of work! We have little ones very close in age. Happy birthday to your beautiful daughter - love that shot of her with the face paint.
It's funny, we have such crazy food restrictions here too. I'm a vegetarian, my daughter is allergic to nuts and soy. And my baby boy just had nestle cereal for the first time this weekend and broke out in hives from his hair line to his rib cage. Terrifying! We switched over to the organic and he was fine. It's crazy all the rubbish they put even in baby food.
Anyway, hoping you have a wonderful trip! I look forward to reading your report when you return!

Hello Alysa! It doesn't make me sad at all it actually makes me a little happy that some people are still reading and learning about my little man.
We won't be giving Sawyer any cereals. he actually eats pretty much whatever we do and I just started him on solids about two weeks ago. here is an article you might find interesting!

Isabelle had a wonderful birthday. We stayed home, which she loves! I didn't have her do lessons, she played outside and on the computer a little. She asked for a membership to Animal Jam for her birthday. It's a site ran by Nat Geo. We got her a year. She has been playing on it for about 8 months, and it's what she wanted...:rolleyes: She asked for an ice cream cake. I even had a sliver!!! Sawyer wasn't wailing that night!!! Hopefully he IS outgrowing the dairy issue!!! We shall see!

I got some shirts done! These all happen to be Gabriel's! The Hero shirt is for CRT. He is so cute! Everytime I show him something I just finished for him, he says, "yeah", shakes his head in approval and starts to strip whatever he has on so he can wear it! :goodvibes:

Matt got his vacation all fixed at work. So things will stay the way they were! Still TONS of sewing to do. I was out of stabilizer, so I didn't get much done Thursday and yesterday I had some running to do. I have to pick up my camera today and then we are supposed to go to a "Kite Flying Day" that a friend invited us to! And, of course, there is church tomorrow. I pray I can get my sewing done!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter